[Server Maintenance] 8-10-10 DONE!

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Pattoe - Raging Tide
    Pattoe - Raging Tide Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Good point, on any other occation I'd completely agree with you. But remember a MMORPG is not set for long term profit. It is a product of technology and like all technology it gets replaced very fast. To be honest I don't see myself playing this game in 3-4 yrs and chances are most people won't because more new and better games will come out that has better graphics etc etc. The point is PWE probably only have about 5 yrs to effectively make profits off this game and then move on to other games.

You could say that satisfying the players will lead to better profits in other PWE games but know that players grow and change, there will always be players quitting gaming entirely and new players coming in so they won't have to worry about losing customer base.

My 2 cents b:pleasedb:bye

Not necessarily the case, improved customer satisfaction will lead new players to the game, will actually give people more incentive to pay for the game, and will ensure that players will continue playing PWE games, especially since they all use zen (Which suggests their plan is to have players moving from older to newer games)
    In any sector, customer satisfaction is an amazing business plan.
  • CloudXVIII - Raging Tide
    CloudXVIII - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    hahahahahaha, this game is a ****ing joke, i quit xD
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You're level 13, hardly matters. Where is really matters are the players who have been play for a long time and constantly charges zen. Without them, PWE is nothing. It doesn't matter if us non-cash shoppers quit, it only matters to PWE if cash-shoppers quit.
  • Corvanna - Heavens Tear
    Corvanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Not necessarily the case, improved customer satisfaction will lead new players to the game, will actually give people more incentive to pay for the game, and will ensure that players will continue playing PWE games, especially since they all use zen (Which suggests their plan is to have players moving from older to newer games)
    In any sector, customer satisfaction is an amazing business plan.

Yes customer satisfaction is important but you don't need 100% of it. Each consumer has their own preferred level of spending. Take the game as it is today one would think that customers are less likely to charge zen since the patches are going a bit down hill. But on the contrary we still have the $500 cash shoppers. Which lead to the conclusion that for a free to play game with cash shop, good patching is not necessarily value added. Those who spend will always spend and those who don't never will. A good patch will not turn a $20 spender into a $500 one and the reverse is true.

Now consider the devs. Chances are they are getting paid big bucks for making the game. Now if we want better patches PWE will need to put the devs to work, which ups the salary expense and since PWE will not get that big of a response from the players, why bother? The truth is most ppl just QQ and go back to playing and spending $500 on the cash shop, that's why we dont like em. b:cute
  • Pattoe - Raging Tide
    Pattoe - Raging Tide Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yes customer satisfaction is important but you don't need 100% of it. Each consumer has their own preferred level of spending. Take the game as it is today one would think that customers are less likely to charge zen since the patches are going a bit down hill. But on the contrary we still have the $500 cash shoppers. Which lead to the conclusion that for a free to play game with cash shop, good patching is not necessarily value added. Those who spend will always spend and those who don't never will. A good patch will not turn a $20 spender into a $500 one and the reverse is true.

Now consider the devs. Chances are they are getting paid big bucks for making the game. Now if we want better patches PWE will need to put the devs to work, which ups the salary expense and since PWE will not get that big of a response from the players, why bother? The truth is most ppl just QQ and go back to playing and spending $500 on the cash shop, that's why we dont like em. b:cute

Thats not so true, I personally know 3-4 $500 cash shoppers who have left the game completely, a few more who have vowed never to use cash shop again and about 30 $20 cash shoppers that have left the game. All since the TW patch.

Your logic that "whatever you do doesnt affect the money you get" is severely flawed. I wouldnt invest in a business controlled by you.
This discussion has been closed.