[Server Maintenance] 8-10-10 DONE!

Comments

• SerpentSting - Dreamweaver
    SerpentSting - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    So your telling me 80% if pwi users are lagging of bad internet right after the update. Nice Theory but sorry its not
    No what's being said is , that if your internet connection is bad.
    You'll lagg.
  • Cadi - Raging Tide
    Cadi - Raging Tide Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Gimme mah server back, puh-lease Mr. GM-man b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Defenetly TANK, only guys play Barbs, that alone limit the tank race drasticly.

And if someone high level helps, they usually dont even need a cleric b:laugh
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
  • SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
    SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Filter circumvention is a banable offence - Ary

Oh looks like ary's on the prowl again, hi Ary!
  • Ihuianatl - Archosaur
    Ihuianatl - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I really despise the annoying complaints about the overall UI/Font. There is absolutely no reason for you to whine that much about it.. The other stuff, sure complain all you want. I personally don't know how important they are but they must be for you to feel so passionately about it.
  • TehFluffyOne - Archosaur
    TehFluffyOne - Archosaur Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Well sure but geez give em a break. How many players contact them about problems every day? Sounds like a lot of grief to me especially if this is a free MMO.They are giving us an awesome gaming experience for FREE. It's gonna come with glitches because you get what you paid for. I'm sure they are doing their bests to fix all of the problems that come at them.

I agree. They may just be fixing a few last minute glitches and testing to make sure the patch took correctly without messing up things like, i don't know, the levels of the monsters around etherblade. Heaven forbid they **** a patch up accidently making the monsters lv 150 or something just b/c they wanted the server up on time.
  • KichirouS - Sanctuary
    KichirouS - Sanctuary Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Is the server up yet????????????? b:sad b:sad b:sad
  • Ahanna - Lost City
    Ahanna - Lost City Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Imagine a world where no one complained. It sounds great, it really does...but how would that really turn out? One side getting everything exactly how they want it without no one saying "Hey no, that's not right, we need to do something about that" ...Standing up for what you believe is not wrong and sharing it with others is not a bad thing, that makes the other No sayers tag along and all of a sudden we have a democracy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Echelon - Heavens Tear
    Echelon - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Well sure but geez give em a break. How many players contact them about problems every day? Sounds like a lot of grief to me especially if this is a free MMO.They are giving us an awesome gaming experience for FREE. It's gonna come with glitches because you get what you paid for. I'm sure they are doing their bests to fix all of the problems that come at them.

Yeah I know they are doing what they can, I've never complained once about any glitch, I've actually started to get accustomed to them.

The Rubber banding has been around since the game first came out, The magic def buff glitch has been here for about a year. There's the new 3-x glitch and w/e now so I'll give em time for that. But the 2 stated above should have been fixed by now b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Filter circumvention is a banable offence - Ary

Wish you could see me giving you the finger right now.

I quit...
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Glis - Lost City
    Glis - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    could someone help me please?
    in the cube of fate, it says i need a puzzle cube, but i only get a badge of honor from the adventure assistant.... how can i get a puzzle cube?
  • mikaaiyl
    mikaaiyl Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Lets see its now 3:09 am CST and i can't log into game. hummmmm
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It's really sad to see people badger the people that make this game, as if they are purposely NOT fixing the things that need to be fixed. I'm sure they are doing the best they can to make it a great experience for all of us. And then you have those people that complain. >_< Gosh, really if you want to learn all that coding and fix it yourself well then make your own little perfect game that will be perfect with no glitches and no nothing. And then you'll be happy. but you won't because its hard to make a game that needs to be constantly updated to have 0 glitches. It's rare. Let them do their job, dammit. It's not like they really get paid for this anyway. >.>

.....Sorrry...bit of a rant.

I'm sorry to say this, as I also get annoyed by the constant QQ, however: It's valid QQ. See, PW-CN has many issues with their entire team. They make bugs from things that weren't buggy. They have hackers all over, and instead of fixing that - they look at ways of changing their game by just taking out parts, etc. After this, they send the patch to PWE, and PWE translates it and puts it in PWI. The issue is the lack of support/care the developers as well as the Marketing team has for PWI and PW-CN; Not to even mention the obvious lies and deceit that the GM team on PWI has shown.

Why do people complain? Because they are upset at the way the game is being handled, and want it changed. No game on this Earth is 100% bug free. However, bugs and issues have been mentioned since Beta in 2008, and have been completely not cared about, etc. This company only cares about your dollar, and they show it quite well. They obviously don't test their patches before hand, and completely ignore the community when everyone minus the obvious trolls, want a change in how things are working/happening. YOU personally may not like this, but this is life. People don't like getting screwed over. They like this game, but they don't like what is and has happened to it. Anyways, I wish you the best of luck, have fun and see ya in-game :)
  • Pocke - Lost City
    Pocke - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010

I've only played today but from what I can tell this game is infact NOT free..to some extent. It's funded by mictrotransactions...I believe that's the correct term?
  • _evil_angel - Heavens Tear
    _evil_angel - Heavens Tear Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    servers are up go go go buy those coral packs there 50% offb:victory
  • DawnRazor - Lost City
    DawnRazor - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It's really sad to see people badger the people that make this game, as if they are purposely NOT fixing the things that need to be fixed. I'm sure they are doing the best they can to make it a great experience for all of us. And then you have those people that complain. >_< Gosh, really if you want to learn all that coding and fix it yourself well then make your own little perfect game that will be perfect with no glitches and no nothing. And then you'll be happy. but you won't because its hard to make a game that needs to be constantly updated to have 0 glitches. It's rare. Let them do their job, dammit. It's not like they really get paid for this anyway. >.>

You would have a valid point except maybe you've forgotten something. They aint updating to fix glitches, add new map content. They don't even update as such. They just edit parts of the cash shop, add cash drawing new quests etc, most of which appeal to the young and gullible, rather than the older more cynical who really couldn't give a toss about in game marriage, pretty fashion, or damm i must have that new ride. Some of us are propper gamers who are actually more concerned about real game content, expansion, realistic game balance, and a non screwed up lottery style TW, I mean wtf, mirages for a win and a 1 in 49 chance of a reward for armour that doesnt even exist yet. Lmao. TW is now like anniversary/tiger/coral/whatever they choose to call em next packs.
  • Wahayv_Adage - Sanctuary
    Wahayv_Adage - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2010

I have to say I enjoy playing this game for free, its quite entertaining when bored, and I'm glad it doesn't cost anything close to a console system + the games to go with it.

BUT, your statement about giving us this gaming experience for free is FAR OFF from the truth. As many have said before, it IS a business, and they aren't doing it for the mere satisfaction of entertaining us. They are getting paid quite well via advertisments on their site and money spent by players to buy Gold.

Having a programming background, I know for a fact its not too entirely difficult nor time consuming to fix the small glitches that so many of you complain about; no matter what programming language as long as said programmers have the appropriate training to make such a game.

I'm not trying to say the people fixing the game are lazy, incompetent, or apathetic; I'm just saying that its needs to be put into question where all that effort is going...
  • DawnRazor - Lost City
    DawnRazor - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2010

You would have a valid point except maybe you've forgotten something. They aint updating to fix glitches, add new map content. They don't even update as such. They just edit parts of the cash shop, add cash drawing new quests etc, most of which appeal to the young and gullible, rather than the older more cynical who really couldn't give a toss about in game marriage, pretty fashion, or damm i must have that new ride. Some of us are propper gamers who are actually more concerned about real game content, expansion, realistic game balance, and a non screwed up lottery style TW, I mean wtf, mirages for a win and a 1 in 49 chance of a reward for armour that doesnt even exist yet. Lmao. TW is now like anniversary/tiger/coral/whatever they choose to call em next packs.
  • Ice_ - Raging Tide
    Ice_ - Raging Tide Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Updates are working but game servers are still down,
    How long of a delay are we looking at?
    b:shocked
    Revenge is best served COLD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _evil_angel - Heavens Tear
    _evil_angel - Heavens Tear Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    servers are up go go go buy those coral packs there 50% offb:victory

is it laggy here or just me
  • dirtycar74
    dirtycar74 Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Well said, BUT...

There are times when you have to admit that some thing(s) didn't/don't go the way that you thought they would, and it would be nice to hear from the dev's that they were wrong to implement a half-a$$ed, rushed, and utterly flawed "patch" to fix a non-existent hole.

At the very least I would like to hear a simple, "we're sorry" from the dev's, and to see that they'll test in the future any proposed updates on reality-based screen resolutions before spawning all this type of rant in the first place. I mean, for duck's sake, the whole text thing could've been entirely avoided if dev's took a look at it in a testing environment before allowing it to go to the public. Be honest, and publicly admit that the last update was a tad bit more than a mild flop. I never have and probably never will TW so that doesn't affect me; but for those that do (or did), it sure seems to be a hot topic. Sorry. I can see both sides; but I don't see how releasing a flopped update can EVER be legitimately called an update, or maintenance for that matter - unless you simply perform maintenance to beget more maintenance...

...Sorry, but this is my response to your rant; a bit of a rant unto itself. Not meant to belittle you personally; or anyone in specific, for that matter.

-D
  • oesimaus
    oesimaus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Bring The Damn Servers Back Nao
  • KichirouS - Sanctuary
    KichirouS - Sanctuary Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Gogogogo server up!!!!!!!!
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Omg Servers Are Up!!!

A) Spend Moar Cash!!

B) Who Cares?
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • _Link_ - Lost City
    _Link_ - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    -- Total revenues were RMB625.0 million (USD91.6 million), an increase of
    2.8% from 4Q09 and 47.0% from 1Q09
    -- Gross profit was RMB537.9 million (USD78.8 million), an increase of
    2.2% from 4Q09 and 45.9% from 1Q09

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/world/news/e3i6478fc41cf5464a572c989045a4db4db
    http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/perfect-world-announces-first-quarter-2010-unaudited-financial-results-93911359.html

Seems to me they are getting paid well enough, hire better devs ? IJS
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I'm not trying to say the people fixing the game are lazy, incompetent, or apathetic

Yes. yes they are.

If the only thing that matters is the bottom line. Then, you are definantly all of the above. And it's rather obvious that the bottom line is the only thing PW-CN even cares about.

PW is a "minimal support" then "dump" type of MMO. It's not built for long term viability. **** coding, the (more than obvious) bold faced lies from the GMs and absolute **** patches speaks volumes about how quickly this game will be dive bombing in the next year or two.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Ice_ - Raging Tide
    Ice_ - Raging Tide Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i get DC for updates and when i finaly login again i find a corpse, are you GMs
    ****ting me? WTF is the problem there? b:angryb:angryb:angry

Now i can live with some stupid errors and lack of fixes for problems
    but being abused like this is DAFT. I dont mind losing 5% exp or using
    a res scroll but this adds insult to injury.
    Revenge is best served COLD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Omg Servers Are Up!!!

A) Spend Moar Cash!!

B) Who Cares?
    Option B all the way.

Look through the threads we had about a year or so ago. Back then, bugs were mostly fixed, we had a great community, and, in general, nobody complained much.

Then anni packs came out and the game turned from fun to the devs trying to find new and improved ways to take people's money. Bugs are ignored and created when there were none and we're all treated like we're idiots who can't see what's right in front of us.

Magic Shell glitch, the hole in FB39, the hole in archo, the hole in 1k, rubberbanding, venomancer skin color, a certain veno type having a giant hole between their legs, air to ground attacks on various monsters.... all are things that have been bugged since the game came out well over two years ago. Not a single one of them has been fixed and yet they've been introducing more new bugs that go largely ignored.

So excuse those of us who have a brain for getting sick and tired of this bull and speaking out against it.
  • Rainebovv - Heavens Tear
    Rainebovv - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Wow I just got Buttraped with replies XD

So since you all pretty much said the same thing. It's been a long time since I've played this game and I am just getting back in to yet.

Someone made a point that they only seem to be updating the Cash Shop and the Fashions (as if people really care about that~some do, but i wont judge. i'm a girl and know what its like to want to look fancy.) But its pointless when there are other things that obviously need to worked on.

Ive been seeing that a lot lately. Not just with Perfect World, but the whole part of gaming in general. A lot of my favorite games are turning to **** because people are just trying to make a business out of it.

I don't know what happens to the passion but I guess people want to feel like what they put their time into should be worth it. But they don't understand that if they actually listen to the concerns of people (as angry as some of them may sound >.>) it would make the game more worthwhile for us, thus making it more worthwhile for them (hopefully)

Not everyone is passionate. And honestly, I've seen many things that I loved get taken over completely by business and brought it down to the ground.

I guess I can understand how you guys feel.

Nonetheless, I'll still keep playing because I do love the game.

Maybe after getting back into this and experiencing the problems that you all face will help me better understand.

Whatever the case is, I hope that they either hire a new team that is more passionate...and if they stick with what their doing well then that stinks.

Honestly, I don't think we'll win in this kinda situation.

Sorry guys.

Can't wait to see you all in the game --

Oh and btw, to the people that said "Complaining is what made the world fix all its problems. Without complaining blah Blah blah"

Really? Are you REALLY gonna pull that card?
    There's a difference between complaining and then being a complete **** about it.

No one said anything was wrong with complaining we were simply saying stop I mean cause complaining about it isn't gonna fix it. I'm sorry but its not. Certain kinds of complaints do fix things but this is one of those things where most likely its not going to do anything. If you're gonna complain. Complain to the GM not in a forum. pr just be happy, and wait for the server to come back up. There are some people who are still trying to be optimistic about this ya know. And people throwing in their negativity is really bothersome.
  • shadowwintry
    shadowwintry Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Afternoon everyone,

We will be having server maintenance tonight from:

11:00pm PDT until 1:00am PDT

And to kick off the usual maintenance conversation:

What's harder to find for a dungeon run, healer or tank?

Hello :) I don't know if this is the place to post my suggestion but wouldn't it be a good idea that the PWI entertainment team set a note in it the log in notice screen when there will be a maintenance or other upgrade for the game coming? So peeps will now why they cant log in the game.

greetz SW
This discussion has been closed.