Wedding?

Comments

• /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I don't know, my hubby and me invited 5 guests, only 2 shown up (2 clerics).

We all were kinda randomly running around during ceremony, then party crashers + jealous ex spawned. I zhenned on crashers and we just ignored ex and proceeded to exchange rings. Then quest dissapeared but we still could get blessing box and permanent wedding fashion (got it in ugly color though, no luck as always :P).

The only downside was that our guests got nothing for their effort.
    Packs World International
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    sounds like a waste of time & totally lame from what you peeps are saying & i have to do this 15 times for my faction m8es & best friend & my other friends tht are geting married o joyb:worriedb:irritatedb:sweat
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Emily_G - Sanctuary
    Emily_G - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The wedding is glitched, everything is there, but the quest all your guests get to take part in fails automatically
  • Liavvy - Heavens Tear
    Liavvy - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    just reading this makes me kinda... bleh. I got an invitation and it starts in 50min. :( but I'm still going since I got invited hehe. ><

I wonder how long does it last?
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I plan to do this in the near future with my wife, I'm just wondering if someone can make a pricing guide and what to do?
    I don't wanna run nirvana over and over to make 20m+ if i dont need to lol. I went to 1 today and ALL the quests for everyone failed, and no-one knew why. Would be nice to know what to do and what not to do...

Wish devs/gms would make at least a rough guide to accompany this, it is their job after all to serve the customers.

And Liavvy the ceremony lasts an hour, according to the item u get in ur inv.

Sleepcat the wedding is a dungeon, styled like a church, but u can embrace and jump properly in it.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Near as I can tell it's a waste of time and a LOT of money. Don't bother with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    been hearing horror stories of the ex-boyfriend quest for those who were lv80 or belows when i searched the forum regarding wedding.

yesterday we had about 25-30 pple who attended most were 90-100lv, it was easy pie like a nien attack, very fun, and nice looking ex complete with shades. The couple of this wedding also experienced the glitch too tho.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Charmy_ - Sanctuary
    Charmy_ - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I got a question I didn't get my quest when I was getting married in the chapel b:sad. Anyone know why that happened? b:cry
    Lvl 100 Sage Cleric b:cute
    I love you Zero_ IV <3 b:chuckle ^.^ (Also my in-game hubby b:pleased)
  • Xerelle - Sanctuary
    Xerelle - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I just went to a wedding today. It's pretty inside but you have no idea what you're doing at first. I am not sure about the decorations because I didn't ask the couple what they did. lol You get in through the "Eldest Matchmaker" (The same guy that you get married at before this patch) Click him and click "Quest Related" ... you'll see the, "Chapel Foyer" in Green Text. In the Chapel Foyer is where you will find the "Wedding Usher". That's who you will register your own wedding at picking the date and time etc.. through the calendar system as someone mentioned before. You also do your invitations here. If you already have an invitation to someone else's wedding, right click it while you are in the foyer on the designated date/time of their ceremony. You will be ported into where the ceremony is held and that's where it all starts.

So we ported in and found the bride and groom in there and the guests. They started the quest and everyone moves into where the seats are. Some text appeared with the whole, "blah blah, till death do you part, does anyone object?" stuff and then the "party crashers" and the "Jealous Ex" spawned. They all said that the quest was glitched because only a few seconds after we started attacking the "party crashers" it had said that the quest failed. Then we had to dig these "Bouquets" that kept spawning, all of us did that for about 10-15 minutes, but nothing happend and no one got anything from it (including the Bride and Groom themselves)they just kept spawning. lol I'm not sure if none of us got anything because the quest failed? Or that we just didn't do it right?

Also, when you get the "Guest Corsage" which said is required to participate in the activities held, it said something at the bottom like... "Use this to purchase things from Alexander" or something (I can't remember it verbatim) Anyone know what that is?

It makes it out to sound a lot better than it really is. I don't know how it would be if the whole place wasn't glitched to hell, but if you're expecting it (as of now, that is) to be something amazing and fantastic... You're kind of wasting your money. Don't get me wrong, it's fun and all having all of your friends around and such, but it was just a confusing mess. lol

Mine is on the 18th of this month. I truly hope they fix it by then <.<
  • Kuroji - Harshlands
    Kuroji - Harshlands Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Okay I just have 1 question.

What do you actually get from this? Items? Fash? A glowing sense of happiness knowing you helped pay a gm for the day?

I just wana know before I spend and cash.
  • Engeli - Sanctuary
    Engeli - Sanctuary Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    be very carefull with this.. just was in one, and the contri pionts, as staded by GMs are bugged! so we couldnt earn any points for the groom and bride ;/

the only good thing was, that the guests (me included) got 100 -150 mirages ;D but thats the only thing. also the ex drops some candys.. didnt see wut if was for, cause i didnt get any ;/
  • Carnica - Heavens Tear
    Carnica - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I just went to a wedding today. It's pretty inside but you have no idea what you're doing at first. I am not sure about the decorations because I didn't ask the couple what they did. lol You get in through the "Eldest Matchmaker" (The same guy that you get married at before this patch) Click him and click "Quest Related" ... you'll see the, "Chapel Foyer" in Green Text. In the Chapel Foyer is where you will find the "Wedding Usher". That's who you will register your own wedding at picking the date and time etc.. through the calendar system as someone mentioned before. You also do your invitations here. If you already have an invitation to someone else's wedding, right click it while you are in the foyer on the designated date/time of their ceremony. You will be ported into where the ceremony is held and that's where it all starts.

So we ported in and found the bride and groom in there and the guests. They started the quest and everyone moves into where the seats are. Some text appeared with the whole, "blah blah, till death do you part, does anyone object?" stuff and then the "party crashers" and the "Jealous Ex" spawned. They all said that the quest was glitched because only a few seconds after we started attacking the "party crashers" it had said that the quest failed. Then we had to dig these "Bouquets" that kept spawning, all of us did that for about 10-15 minutes, but nothing happend and no one got anything from it (including the Bride and Groom themselves)they just kept spawning. lol I'm not sure if none of us got anything because the quest failed? Or that we just didn't do it right?

We just completed this tonight, and the exact same thing happened to us.

I got a Knife and a Glass (for cake and a toast) in my inventory but.. no idea how to use them (right click did nothing). They expired.

I bought Petals and they made a nice effect for a while.

All of 6 us were level 100-101. They started the vows, then the Jealous Ex and his horde appeared. We got him killed, after a long battle. During the start it said some quest Failed.

Then after, they were married, but nothing else happened but the bouquet kept spawning over and over. We all dug until everyone had a bouquet.

Then the timer expired and we were in West Arch.

Umm PWE, you owe the bride and groom either a refund or an explanation and a re-do of this mess. There were NO instructions, and we were all very confused and lost.
    [SIGPIC]TY Santacruz![/SIGPIC]

theempire.ucoz.com
  • Charmy_ - Sanctuary
    Charmy_ - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Umm PWE, you owe the bride and groom either a refund or an explanation and a re-do of this mess. There were NO instructions, and we were all very confused and lost.

Agreed! I didn't get the quest at all from the matchmaker and I didn't know what happened b:cry. But I also got that fail quest thing. PW should give the couples another chance in the perfect chapel WITH instructions

EDIT: Planner not matchmaker >.<
    Lvl 100 Sage Cleric b:cute
    I love you Zero_ IV <3 b:chuckle ^.^ (Also my in-game hubby b:pleased)
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Has anyone calculated how much coin it would cost to chose every available add on in the chapel?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • $exy_Fish - Heavens Tear
    $exy_Fish - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    xxdraighxx wrote: »
    what a waste ... if you have a spare 100 to 200 mil to spare and can invite enough people it might work but the whole system is a joke cost me most of my HP Charm and about 500k to boot the guest have to shell out coins the bride and groom have to shell out coins and at the end you get nothing for your troubles. There is no warning of what is going to happen and no direction on what to do. one of my guests had to spend 100k to repair weapons and armour at the end. The "monsters" you have to fight are unreasonable with less than 20 or 30 guests of high lvl so if a couple of lower lvls went to do this with just the 5 guest it would be a blood bath. The whole experience has left me thinking why bother with the game at all. EPIC FAIL PWI

me and my wife currently got married 4 days ago and we got to the chapel today. Only we thought it was going to be too much of a bother to invite loads of people, not to mention expensive, so we only brought one friend. Im a 61 psy, shes a 49 veno, and we brought a 55 wiz. Let me just say it was hell... a complete hour wasted. Apparently people are saying the 3 day dress and suit are good, but they looked horrible to me. The color was not white like my wife said, it was like, purple, green and blue like the dye color said, or at least to me it was. Then we started the ceremony and everything started out fine and we were farming the flowers or w.e. when suddenly the Ex came in with his at least 50 minions.

Each minion had 200,000 life, and were lv70. I think the Ex was lv75 and didnt have just 3million. It had 30million. So we spent the other 40 minutes getting owned by everyone. I havent seen anyone else note this but once you die, you dont have a choice to respawn. It is an auto respawn. And the monsters dont take off aggro for a while. So while we respawned the monsters would just keep hitting us over and over again. Im being serious, I must've died at least 100 times throughout the entire thing. And in total, we killed 2 wedding crashers. At most, we got the Ex down 500,000 life, and of course, it just regenerated its life. The Ex also has some sort of skill that locks you in place. So no porting out.

And that was the entire ceremony...

In total, i had a 50k repair bill, and im a psychic. I'd feel bad for w.e. barb went in there. The only good thing is that i got some an item that raises my atk and def level by 6, but it only lasts for an hour each day. But of course, it cant be permanent. We also got a set of permanent wedding clothes, which of course for me were HORRIBLE colors. A white top, lime green pants, medium blue shoes, and purple gloves. The hair was decent for boys, but the female hair was bad.

All in All, DON'T go to the ceremony... unless you are prepared and have money flowing out of your 'you know what'. ESPECIALLY if you arent a lv80+. This ceremony is useless for anyone under that level...
  • stefanjama
    stefanjama Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    me and my wife currently got married 4 days ago and we got to the chapel today. Only we thought it was going to be too much of a bother to invite loads of people, not to mention expensive, so we only brought one friend. Im a 61 psy, shes a 49 veno, and we brought a 55 wiz. Let me just say it was hell... a complete hour wasted. Apparently people are saying the 3 day dress and suit are good, but they looked horrible to me. The color was not white like my wife said, it was like, purple, green and blue like the dye color said, or at least to me it was. Then we started the ceremony and everything started out fine and we were farming the flowers or w.e. when suddenly the Ex came in with his at least 50 minions.

Each minion had 200,000 life, and were lv70. I think the Ex was lv75 and didnt have just 3million. It had 30million. So we spent the other 40 minutes getting owned by everyone. I havent seen anyone else note this but once you die, you dont have a choice to respawn. It is an auto respawn. And the monsters dont take off aggro for a while. So while we respawned the monsters would just keep hitting us over and over again. Im being serious, I must've died at least 100 times throughout the entire thing. And in total, we killed 2 wedding crashers. At most, we got the Ex down 500,000 life, and of course, it just regenerated its life. The Ex also has some sort of skill that locks you in place. So no porting out.

In total, i had a 50k repair bill, and im a psychic. I'd feel bad for w.e. barb went in there. The only good thing is that i got some an item that raises my atk and def level by 6, but it only lasts for an hour each day. But of course, it cant be permanent. We also got a set of permanent wedding clothes, which of course for me were HORRIBLE colors. A white top, lime green pants, medium blue shoes, and purple gloves. The hair was decent for boys, but the female hair was bad.

All in All, DON'T go to the ceremony... unless you are prepared and have money flowing out of your 'you know what'. ESPECIALLY if you arent a lv80+. This ceremony is useless for anyone under that level...

Lmfao b:surrender
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Awesome story, would read again.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    LMAO I couldn,t stop laughing the whole time. PWI perfected failing with this one. Any hopes in fixing it in this maint tonight?
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    HAHAHAHA o man.....I was surprised as well attending a wedding as a guest. They seriously give you no warning. But then again...they're party crashers....you never know b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • Simi_P - Dreamweaver
    Simi_P - Dreamweaver Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Hi again,
    Some people got to KEEP their fashion and their quests didn't fail??????? OKAY, PWI, I DO WANT MY MONEY BACK, or the permanet fashion or a redo with no glitches!!!! That IS BS, that some people are lucky and get to finish their quests and get stuff; and some people's quest glitches and they get nothing for their money because YOU implemented something that OBVIOUSLY wasn't ready to be implemented!!!! Hello?? My local pizza place screwed my order up, and THEY offered me FREE stuff for my inconvience; you gonna let a little pizza place outdo a major company in regards to keeping their customers happy? (Wait, don't answer; all I have to do is read the forums to know the answer to THAT!) After reading this tonight, I will be submitting a ticket to customer service tomorrow about this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chaotica_ - Heavens Tear
    Chaotica_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I was invited to a friend's wedding earlier before maintenance tonight. We have very little knowledge of what should we do (it would be appreciated if a GM would post a thorough guide about the event) and why it failed. While the married couple stood by the alter and right after we started digging the bouquets the wedding crashers + jealous ex appeared and we all started fighting them which then the wedding quest appeared as "failed" - the contribution point quest didn't appear anymore and we were lost about what happened and what to do. Needless to say the couple were more then disappointed...

If this is a known glitch, It's important to fix it and maybe refund the failed event couples. Possibly let them know how to redo this, and maybe actually post a guide on how the event should be done from A to Z.

Thanks.
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I was invited to a friend's wedding earlier before maintenance tonight. We have very little knowledge of what should we do (it would be appreciated if a GM would post a thorough guide about the event) and why it failed. While the married couple stood by the alter and right after we started digging the bouquets the wedding crashers + jealous ex appeared and we all started fighting them which then the wedding quest appeared as "failed" - the contribution point quest didn't appear anymore and we were lost about what happened and what to do. Needless to say the couple were more then disappointed...

If this is a known glitch, It's important to fix it and maybe refund the failed event couples. Possibly let them know how to redo this, and maybe actually post a guide on how the event should be done from A to Z.

Thanks.

Same thing happened to me, for two weddings. I went to one wedding 4 days ago, then one today, and what you just described happened in both. I really want this fixed, because after it fails we all just leave, and it's a waste for the people who spent money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Engeli - Sanctuary
    Engeli - Sanctuary Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i would say... keep your banguet invites until they fix it b:surrender
    that is certainly what i will be doing.
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Your guests have to pay to $5888000 coins to participate in the quest and gain contribution points.

Ok...Can a GM or someone put a proof to this?!

That's 5.8 mil coins for a quest that most people in this thread have said failed. They didn't mention paying THAT much money if any at all..

I highly doubt that what you said there is true..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Ok...Can a GM or someone put a proof to this?!

That's 5.8 mil coins for a quest that most people in this thread have said failed. They didn't mention paying THAT much money if any at all..

I highly doubt that what you said there is true..

As far as I'm aware, no one in the wedding paid for the mobs and stuff, but they came anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • $exy_Fish - Heavens Tear
    $exy_Fish - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    As far as I'm aware, no one in the wedding paid for the mobs and stuff, but they came anyways.

Because most of the time you don't pay people to crash your wedding... b:surrender

PW really screwed up this feature, i hope everyone gets a refund for the money they spent buying the reservation.
  • _Lady - Dreamweaver
    _Lady - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Well, I have more to add to this topic after my wedding today : ) It all actually went smoothly. My husband and I walked into the chapel, picked up the Bride/Groom Corsage, then proceeded to decorate. The decorations were ridiculous prices though, so we just bought the flowers for 1.5M I think.

Then we called our guests in and started the ceremony at the npc. Everything went as normal until the Jealous Ex showed up, then we realized that in order for the quests to not fail, he had to be killed in under 30 mins. We weren't supposed to do this ourselves, just the guests. If the couple try and kill the Ex it also fails. The Ex was killed in under 30 mins, and rings popped up that we had to mine.

The Bride gets the Groom's ring, and the Groom gets the Bride's ring. We had to be in squad with the Groom as leader, then trade each other the rings. After that it was the bouquet toss. The guests actually got prizes from this, one guest got 150 mirage stones. And at the end of it all the contribution points were racked up.

We got 60,000 in total which gave us a gold ring as a prize. If you get 100,000 you get the perm outfits instead. Though in random colours : \ Over all I'd say it was nice, but nerf the deco prices. For some decorations it was indeed 18M.
    ~Characters~

_Lady: lvl 80 BM on Dreamweaver
    _Constantina: lvl 60 Cleric on Dreamweaver
    _Nomura: lvl 30 Wiz on Dreamweaver

Lady_Emal: lvl 61 BM on Sanctuary (Retired)
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    For those of you who've had trouble with the wedding ceremony before today, please submit a ticket explaining exactly what happened.

Thanks!
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Well, I have more to add to this topic after my wedding today : ) It all actually went smoothly. My husband and I walked into the chapel, picked up the Bride/Groom Corsage, then proceeded to decorate. The decorations were ridiculous prices though, so we just bought the flowers for 1.5M I think.

Then we called our guests in and started the ceremony at the npc. Everything went as normal until the Jealous Ex showed up, then we realized that in order for the quests to not fail, he had to be killed in under 30 mins. We weren't supposed to do this ourselves, just the guests. If the couple try and kill the Ex it also fails. The Ex was killed in under 30 mins, and rings popped up that we had to mine.

The Bride gets the Groom's ring, and the Groom gets the Bride's ring. We had to be in squad with the Groom as leader, then trade each other the rings. After that it was the bouquet toss. The guests actually got prizes from this, one guest got 150 mirage stones. And at the end of it all the contribution points were racked up.

We got 60,000 in total which gave us a gold ring as a prize. If you get 100,000 you get the perm outfits instead. Though in random colours : \ Over all I'd say it was nice, but nerf the deco prices. For some decorations it was indeed 18M.
    AHA >_> that explains
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Carnica - Heavens Tear
    Carnica - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Wow. If only we had known. Our Bride and Groom jumped in and was battling the ex alongside us all. So this is why it failed?

It would have been real nice to know this beforehand, LOL.
    [SIGPIC]TY Santacruz![/SIGPIC]

theempire.ucoz.com
This discussion has been closed.