lol people ignorant about pk on carebear ???

shintera
shintera Posts: 15 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Arigora Colosseum
sanctuary server (not saying the name of the veno). constantly insists that the only thing pk has different from duel is dropping items. that there is literally NO difference. yet refuses to go pk mode to prove the difference rofl.
Post edited by shintera on

Comments

• MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Other difference is you not died in the end when dueling
    guess she doesn't want to lose stuff that's understandable b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • shintera
    edited August 2010
    then theres the fact. you get genie. charms. element of suprise. and it takes more skill from a player to play in pk since there is a lot more to factor in.

edit: even thinks white names NEVER drop anything. and with GA even red names never drop anything. look it up even with GA red names drop items more common then white names with safety lock on. which does happen but it's like what .1% chance of happening. seen it occur a couple times myself. once to me but it was something totally useless
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Yeah so that's one person. Good job using one person to generalise an entire PvE server.

Now come back when your logic doesn't suck as badly as it does right now.

On that note, saying a duel is exactly like PK with the difference of not dropping items at the end is an equally stupid thing to say.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shintera
    edited August 2010
    I'm not intentionally generalizing an entire pve server cause i know this isn't true. but it's the only way i could think of to actually get people to read the thread and get a decent response while not naming any names. i do apologize to the intelligent players on pve servers that may be insulted by it.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Like this barb I met who said that a BM can't run in a duel. He was 90+.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • shintera
    edited August 2010
    lol same thing with veno saying a cleric can't heal in a duel. it's all similar to saying barbs cut ur hp in 1/2. bm's stop stunning. veno no pets (veno is strong without them anyway so hey). sins no stealth or stuns. well the list goes on rofl. i find very few people who complain about heals. they just out DD them at that lvl rofl (80+)
    edited August 2010
    Like this barb I met who said that a BM can't run in a duel. He was 90+.

b:laughb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shintera
    edited August 2010
    dang. was hoping to get some smart **** response from a pvp server player since there in pk 99% of the time (that 1% being lvl 1-30 lol)
    edited August 2010
    Ah you were right, i don't see reply from PVP server so far . . b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shintera
    edited August 2010
    the funny part is. she actually said on more then 1 occasion that she would come to the forum or thread and post screenies of me saying pk and duels are different lol. some reason I wish she would (also admits to mass csing . . . . possibly the cause. since she also don't quest and uses just dailies to lvl. . . . i'm not gonna get into that. it's for another thread)
  • shintera
    edited August 2010
    Ah you were right, i don't see reply from PVP server so far . . b:surrender

ya, and normally when it comes to downgrading carebears about pk/pvp they jump at the opportunity

edit: maby there getting soft
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    shintera wrote: »
    ya, and normally when it comes to downgrading carebears about pk/pvp they jump at the opportunity

edit: maby there getting soft

they be busy doing BH and farming instances
    i like potato
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Btw I saw you shouting in WC. Sanct is the real carebear server...
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
    edited August 2010
    This is getting exciting b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Only thing I hate about duels is that ppl tend to do the same thing at the start....

...like Barbs will use Violent Triumph or a BM will stun or a Wizzy will seal you and nuke the **** out of you. >____>

Sometimes I do wish I rolled onto a PvP server, but ehhh, I was a total MMO nub when I started PW, its my very first MMO, and last probably. Didn't know what PvP or PvE was. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • shintera
    edited August 2010
    lol ya. i shouted in wc more then a few times. that veno heres the funny thing and the sad thing at the same time.

veno: duels and pk are the same thing just in pk you can drop items
    me: na theres a difference. unlike duels there are no ruels. you can use genies. apoth, pots the element of suprise. and it a few others
    veno: so your saying in pk yoru skill lvls increase
    me: no just saying theres more to it then just skills
    veno: ok so is that a yes or a no skills increase in pk
    veno: just say yes or no that they increase in pk
    me: it's not as simple as that
    veno: just say yes or no
    me: seems you don't get it are you dense or something.
    veno: so your saying yes skills increase in pk

further conversations -

veno:i'll even bet 10m that i'm right cause skills don't increase in pk from pvp. i have ss of me in pk and ss of me not in pk theres no difference. i win
    me: no they don't now your just twisting my words around

ps: it didn't go exactly like this but it's the closest that i can recall. all she did on further arguments was keep saying that skills don't increase in pk regardless of what i said. so i just gave up on it.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    . b:chuckle
    they be busy doing BH and farming instances

and on topic
    : Who really cares you had some dumb argument on a PVE server and came here to get a pat on the back by PVP server people. It doesn't give you street cred.
  • Sirsmokealot - Raging Tide
    Sirsmokealot - Raging Tide Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Seems you and the Veno got crossed wires here the veno thinks you mean the skills increase which we all know is not true...But yes they are different it comes down to the players actual skill in PVP abilty to use pots genie and skills to there advantage.

In PVP I will use crab meats, charms, Apoth pots, solid shield tree of protection, Invoke

In duel I just mash the buttons till the job is done using nothing to heal my self.

I understand clerics healing in duels and would never moan at one for doing so same with someone stunning me. I do get slightly annoyed at sins when they stealth in duels but usualy end up winning still anyway so makes me feel ok again :)
    02/07/2011 - Lost paitence with PWI sold all my gear bought packs and wasted my coin till it was gone... goodbye PWI b:bye
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    then theres the fact. you get genie. element of suprise.

I use Genie in duels all the time and I can stealth. What's your point?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Pyrya - Archosaur
    Pyrya - Archosaur Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Lol hey i saw this while i was on my wizard. You two were arguing and randomly WCing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    was wandering through silver pool last night

5 people 10 meters or so apart outside of SZ 1/2 of them uncharmed 1 a bm with phys marrow on sitting right in the center by an uncharmed barb

demon wizzie 20 meters away...

nothing happened...i died a little inside
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • shintera
    edited August 2010
    lol i would have as well. and no it's not for street credit. it's because she planned (or at least said which seems to be wrong) that she would come here to prove her point and so i made a thread asking for other opinions so that when she did finally check the forums my point to her would eventually be proven.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    <--- Token PvP player on your thread.

*yawn*

/nextthread

p.s. hope you weren't expecting more. b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Main thing between duels and real pvp is charms pretty much. Only reason duels don't use genies, apoths, etc. is because of choice. Which is usually why I won't waste my time on a stupid duel. They can be fun to mess around with once in a long while, or if trying to teach someone very basic pvp comboes and such to watch out for, but that is it. Though introducing these little known skills called "Leaps" with other BMs or barbs is funny as hell though. Two of the best skills to use in duels.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Desiree - Harshlands
    Desiree - Harshlands Posts: 635 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    lol.

10char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    then theres the fact. you get genie. charms. element of suprise. and it takes more skill from a player to play in pk since there is a lot more to factor in.

edit: even thinks white names NEVER drop anything. and with GA even red names never drop anything. look it up even with GA red names drop items more common then white names with safety lock on. which does happen but it's like what .1% chance of happening. seen it occur a couple times myself. once to me but it was something totally useless

Your edit fails white names can't drop anything that was a bug and that was fixed a few months back and if people are dropping stuff with a GA that is also a bug and that shouldn't be happening.

And your veno seems smarter then you give it credit for the only difference is charms in PK provided your talking 1v1 and thats what your veno is thinking the only difference is the charm so it doesn't care to go into PK to prove a point to someone who thinks they are smarter then them. Also I am going to take a wild guess and say you lost to this veno in a duel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Your edit fails white names can't drop anything that was a bug and that was fixed a few months back and if people are dropping stuff with a GA that is also a bug and that shouldn't be happening.

If you're white named, you still have a small chance to drop inventory items.
    And your veno seems smarter then you give it credit for the only difference is charms in PK provided your talking 1v1 and thats what your veno is thinking the only difference is the charm so it doesn't care to go into PK to prove a point to someone who thinks they are smarter then them. Also I am going to take a wild guess and say you lost to this veno in a duel.

1v1 PvP is completely different than dueling. It's not even close to the same thing.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    If you're white named, you still have a small chance to drop inventory items.

1v1 PvP is completely different than dueling. It's not even close to the same thing.

Explain how? Because I have done both and I only see the charm difference other then morals which people sometimes follow.

Eh yah your right I was wrong I thought I remembered them fixing the white names but it was the blue names that were dropping that was fixed with the safety lock fix. Eck gimme a break its been awhile.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    People implement etiquette rules in how duels are supposed to be done, that originated because people were too lazy to level their craft skills and didn't have access to apoth and attack charms. Some were even saying health and mana pots from drops weren't allowed. Did one duel and stopped on my cleric after that BS. After that only did PK or PK enabled events on my cleric. It's not official, but people ***** if you try to bring any realistic PvP elements into the duel. So it's good for testing damage, killing time, or getting rid of the last few points on a nearly expired hiero. Other than that....

And one with dropping even with GAs in inventory, might have been drop order and when GAs take effect. If the GA stack is one of the things made to drop, it might keep it from preventing the drops from happening. Just an idea.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    was wandering through silver pool last night

5 people 10 meters or so apart outside of SZ 1/2 of them uncharmed 1 a bm with phys marrow on sitting right in the center by an uncharmed barb

demon wizzie 20 meters away...

nothing happened...i died a little inside
    maybe they were his friends or he did aoe them several times before b:surrender
    pve server pk *meeting points* are mostly a friendly environment :P... with some exceptions

---
    this is the difference in duel and pk mode AOE D:

i wont equip a charm with these gold prices...
    spamming pots and genie skills though

you cant Aoe a group in duel, (unless you are in pk mode and duel, and aoe the opponent who runs into a group)
    i like potato