[Discussion about the new UI]

Options

Comments

• SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
    SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Just wondering, did any of the developers actually look at the appearance of the text changes or just pick a random font/size and click apply?

It might not look quite as bad if it wasn't ridiculously oversized. I mean, open you genie up, just look at it, then try and defend the text changes

nope they didnt look, the dev's are asian, with asian fonts i'd bet, and most asian words are 2 characters or less, woulda looked just fine on their end before translation..
  • Anyankha - Sanctuary
    Anyankha - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    So, how about that new UI?
    Personally, I think it looks a lot cleaner, and the item linking is something I've been hoping for for a long time.
    How about you guys?
    (and please keep it clean in here)
    b:thanks

How can you seriously be asking that question? It's obvious that this patch hasn't been tested. Any developper who would take a look at the screen, starting with the genie box, would realize that something's wrong. As to the item linking it's a really nice feature but since I've been using it in w*w for 2 years now there's nothing revolutionary there. So like everyone else I'm going to say that I hate this new UI, it's so messy that it's the total opposite of "cleaner".
  • infrared02
    infrared02 Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    why are devs making useless changes to chatboxss which only make things harder to read,
    theres no reason why we need headers for different chats..thats the reason why the chats are color coded, dun waste room on the small chat box.

Hope u'll change it back to the old style..
  • Dragono - Lost City
    Dragono - Lost City Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Okay this thread is longer than I thought b:shocked
    I also think that the item link is a good new idea but the new style of the pwi texts ahm the text is quiet tooooooo BIG!
    The new text in the item section could stay there if it want to but the BIG texts in the status section doesnt look very nice.

Also this things with the "World" in the world chat is kind of useless I think :/

PLEASE CHANGE IT BACK TO NORMAL!!! b:cry
    I am from Germany and I am sorry if my English isn't very good b:surrender
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    No, Frankie, HELL NO, the box stating what kind of chat it is, utterly unnecessary, since you all corrected the issue with the color mimic text code thingie.

The old version was just fine, see how much rage this sole update created.

Plus, for this kind of changes, users should be asked about, clearly, devs have no clue of what users like and what users dislike.

Remember the issue with the forum appearance? We are reliving it.

We can tell by the text colour what kind of chat it is, so, the feature is not only useless but disgusting.

Item linking, lots of other games have it, not such a gigantic deal, still, a good feature.

Text bleeding, I am not asking you to say it in public, but face it, had they tested it, they would have discovered it.

Now, A word on the DQ nerf please? The audience is waiting.
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yukii - Raging Tide
    Yukii - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Link system = pretty useful

Please... PLEASE! give us back the old fonts and chat box... PLEASE... it makes me not want to play anymore... the chats doesn't need to be tagged, they are color coded...

Agree...It makes the chat box hard to read. And things in the guild list and quest list and everything are much to spaced out now...I strongly dislike. The item linking thing is cool. But take the tags away and put back the old font. Pl0x b:surrender Probably uninstalling soon. b:bye

[SIGPIC]Join Ecstasy 30+ Pm me in game ^^[/SIGPIC]
    LC Ryohki ---> 87 Veno - Retired
    HL Ryohki ---> 87 Cleric - Retired
    RT Ryohki ---> 94 Archer - Alt
  • Countesss - Sanctuary
    Countesss - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Actually, the new changes to the UI suck. The font is ridiculous, enormous. I can't read anything. Before I was playing the game - now I am reading the game. Those [WORLD CHAT], [GUILD] etc. boxes at chat are ugly, annoing and prevent from reading the messages. The Stamina meter of the genie is not showing anything. Text on all buttons is going out of button borders.Maybe the idea with linking items at chat was good, but it will result in more spam and chat abusement. Maybe anyone care to explain what the event boutique has to mean. And last question - where is the promised exp,sp,drops x2?
  • Chobiits - Heavens Tear
    Chobiits - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    the problem is everyone hates it, and the anti farming updates, so u do not want the ftp people to make monies?
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    the problem is everyone hates it, and the anti farming updates, so u do not want the ftp people to make monies?

Probably, my dear, I bet that it is what they are doing.
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The font size is so big that message titles in the mailbox are truncated to 1 or 2 words. I cant tell if I have "Auction Duration Reach" or "Auction Item Sold" or "Auction Won" since they all just say "Auction".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    Dorset - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    PLEASE listen to your users.

i hate the chat. i hate it. i HATE IT . things were fine the way they were before no stupid childish fonts (im 20 i am not 5 and i dont appreciate it) there were no headers with "guild" and "world" on (they were colour coded and everyone got on with them fine)
    why was this needed? why why? i mean if people complained for a change in great numbers then sure but i dont see what was wrong with it before i LIKED the fact that it was clear and not so childlike liek on some other games. spent a lot of time and money on this game because it was the only one ive actually liked enough to stick at for a long time. now it sucks. if you dont change it back ill have to give up. also i was gonna buy marraige packs this week now my hubby and i have decided to not even bother getting married cause it looks like you guys are determined to ruin the game theres not even any point spending money anymore.
    its disgusting i hope you change it back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <sig by me

yup guys imma back!

I LOVE making sigs. go to Fanatics section "Dorset's Thread of Interesting Things". u request ill create!
    b:shyI LOVE MY HUBBY my best friend HeartandSoulb:heart
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Why to fix something that wasn't broke?

I agree the chat looks somewhat clean but the font is simply not suitable. My eyes hurt already and I've been there only 10 minutes. The tab before every type of chat just makes it even more annoying. You probably wanted it so people who play the game for the first time won't be confused but I think it's rather the opposite...now it just looks like a mess.
    As for the letters and numbers on the rest (faction, squad, player info, genie) they are too big and large. They don't even fit. The game looks like an old MMO and apparently the devs didn't test it. The font was perfect and that's one thing I totally loved about PWI compared to other MMOs. It was neat, clean and not confusing at all. Now it's screwed up...
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Honestly, just reduce the font size in the settings. Its more tolerable then.

Loving the item link though. :]

Font, ehh used to it already.

<---- Has very high tolerance. b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Queenofpower - Dreamweaver
    Queenofpower - Dreamweaver Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Item Linking is excellent...But the Chat box OMG is as bad as the perfect Horns...its hurting our eyesss b:cry
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Linking = good

Everything else = bad

I'm hopping this will revert back to how it used to be , you guys did remove horns after all . ( genie interface look's terrible )

Not something really hard to do , ijs .
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • XXCAMUXX - Heavens Tear
    XXCAMUXX - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    relating to the new updates that was put in PWI i believe that for the best of everyone if it could be change back to the way it was before, cause not to joke it hurts my eyes to see the game and may even quit it until its fix cause i don't want to go blind looking at it, when u guys do the new update again( i hope ever soon) take more time to change the genie stamia meter it doesnt show the blue bar going up and same with the energy with u use it and plz!!!! change the numbers in HP and letters plz >~< i already got kill 2 times doing bh cause i could see how fast my hp was droping and also take out the tabs next to the characters name, we are not little kids that cant not see or understand that FC is teal color and whispers is purple, if not take out just make that it has W=Wc, F=faction chat next to the players name then this big tab thing. >.> also hope that the refunding of TW could be change cause many ppl will bid on land that other want and that couldnt be nice to the other faction
    oh and also the catshops are bug, they got that top bar thing that the name is in exten in length

and p.s frankie u still own me a cookie from jD XD
  • star0
    star0 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    can we get the old font back, the new one is so bad to look it is to big!!! it is blending me
    lets get the old font back plsb:cry!!
  • SnowMaster - Raging Tide
    SnowMaster - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'm with TMP.

IS this just a ploy to make people leave PW and move to Forsaken world when it comes out?

Frankie, You're the only one out of 78 posts that has actually 'liked' the UI changes.
    Do we need to write a petition to show you how much we hate it? b:surrender
  • star0
    edited August 2010
    Options
    can we have a new update, in 1 or 2 days so we can back the old font pls, i cant see moslty it is like, other say it hurts my eyes!! chnage it plsb:crb:sad
  • star0
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i think pwi will lose players if not chnage the font
    b:surrender
  • DearChelsey - Raging Tide
    DearChelsey - Raging Tide Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Has anyone noticed the differences made to territory wars??b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you Silvy for my signature. b:cute
  • haybails
    haybails Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Dev's, GM's and people in general involved in competitors products would be wetting themselves with glee and laughter after seeing this latest bodge of an entire update.

The appearance of the chat and fonts is truly terrible.
  • Vasilisk - Harshlands
    Vasilisk - Harshlands Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Well, sign of chat type is good idea but horrible implementation. Why good idea? World chat color and party chat color same for some kind of people and monitors. Why horrible implementation? First, it MUST be optionaly. Second, do it as simple text, not image icon (or make image smaler). But the best way - allow to set custom colors for each type of chat.
    And font size is horrible...
  • Selephie - Lost City
    Selephie - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Linking part is good.. but the font is just horrible...
    v_vb:angryb:angry
  • kurosake
    kurosake Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I've yet to see the item linking i've no idea how to use it or what it does.

The new interface is abit of an eyesore. The boxes telling you wether its world chat or normal or squad are unnessacary and the size of the text is also unnessacary.

Perhaps an option to turn off the boxes and a slider to change the font size would be a good new feature to include in the next patch?

- Tom
  • DearChelsey - Raging Tide
    DearChelsey - Raging Tide Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    linking is somewhat tedious pressing ctrl+shift+click at the same time.

Has anybody else seriously not seen the differences to TW?b:puzzled
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you Silvy for my signature. b:cute
  • Tayalka - Heavens Tear
    Tayalka - Heavens Tear Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    linking: I think I dont need it but nice idea, so a +
    new chat: OMG!! Pls change it back b:cry
    ~Roses are red,
    violetts are blue,
    God made me beautiful,
    but what happend to you?~
    b:laugh[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gaara_Cleric - Lost City
    Gaara_Cleric - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Please take the World and common and all that tags off please i do know how to read and know what color goes for what although it can serve a purpose to stop people from making it where it looks like someone else is talking but not them some of the linking is great leave the Auction house thing like it is i hated paging down for like 2-3 items i like the new place where you put the hyper activation the text change back please to big. As for me i will have to see how things go before i can say i like it or not right now just the font and tags of the common and guild and all that is to much but i can see a purpose for it.
    This is what I do when I play PWI >>>>[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WrongTarget - Harshlands
    WrongTarget - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    linking is good but these images near every msg in chat suck hard + font is too big and doesnt fit to rest of gui
    Our of HL atm RagingTide lvl 95+ Veno and rising :D
  • Ahmra - Raging Tide
    Ahmra - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The font size is so big that message titles in the mailbox are truncated to 1 or 2 words. I cant tell if I have "Auction Duration Reach" or "Auction Item Sold" or "Auction Won" since they all just say "Auction".

Yes, yes, it is all quite garish thank you PWI FOR THE AWFUL NEW LARGE FIXED-WIDTH FONT INGAME WHICH IS ABOUT AS ANNOYING AS ME HARPING ON IN CAPS WITH NO PUNCTUATION IN SIZE SEVEN FONT WITHOUT ANY PAUSE TO CONSIDER ANYBODY'S SENSABILITIES WHATSOEVER OR WHETHER OR NOT THEY WILL EVEN PAUSE TO READ SUCH AN AWFUL POSTING WITHOUT RANTING ON ABOUT SMOKEY THE BEAR OR SOMESUCH INCONSEQUENTIAL FRIVOLITY, so I had best settle down put the RED LETTER CAPS to rest. Maybe reduce the font size a bit. Maybe a bit more. Just to get your attention back, and implore you the reader to post in similar fashion to get PWI to realize that there are some SERIOUS shortcomings in the latest patch.
This discussion has been closed.