[Discussion about the new UI]

Comments

• Russiee - Raging Tide
    Russiee - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Dude, you got 2 clients open. b:chuckle

Nope oO only the ones highlighted are open. Thats like the Quick Start Option.
  • Danteii - Lost City
    Danteii - Lost City Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    My bad :<

I'm still using XP
    I am Liam Neeson, you may remember me in such films as I will find you and I will kill you. b:pleased
  • Andareil - Lost City
    Andareil - Lost City Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Dude, you got 2 clients open. b:chuckle

i wonderedif anyone else saw b:shocked
  • KittyTaco - Lost City
    KittyTaco - Lost City Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i wonderedif anyone else saw b:shocked

I did b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Llewellyn - Lost City
    Llewellyn - Lost City Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Omg this new chat thing is horribly annoyingly crappy, remove it as soon as possible pls
  • HaIIie - Lost City
    HaIIie - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Link system = pretty useful

Please... PLEASE! give us back the old fonts and chat box... PLEASE... it makes me not want to play anymore... the chats doesn't need to be tagged, they are color coded...
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I am seriously considering hacking the gui files, for the sole and laughable purpose of reverting them to something that wasn't utter garbage.
  • SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
    SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Hey frankie, i have an idea about these "updates", set up a simple test server and give players from any server the option to copy a char over to there or make a new high-lvl char on the test server and throughly test each patch using an actual player base before each patch is released into the wild, you can call it, oh i dont know, a Public Test Realm or something ;), at least then you woulda seen all todays /rage comin a mile away and had your "delete post" and "ban user" buttons ready :)
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Hmm, I thought the chatbox itself looked good, especially when you decrese the size a notch. About the other menus (faction/nearby players/etc..) yeah, we need to fix it so the text doesn't bleed out across the button borders. What if we, say, made it a little smaller and bolded it?
  • Glis - Lost City
    Glis - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i love the font & item linking and am always open for new stuff, but what's really annoying me are chat banners like world/guild/normal etc... even on 1920x1080 it takes a lot of size from the actual chat box and it draws the focus away from the charname and the text that has been wrote.
    having the option to use it or not would be nice, but as a permanent add i dislike it.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I love the linking system, great job.

But the font is just horrible, along with the tags.

Also, it seems the resolution of the game has been affected somehow, my graphics are much blurrier than they were pre-patch..

Please... please gives us our old font back b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LordCross - Dreamweaver
    LordCross - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    item liking = awesome

but the new font/text size is freaking **** pls change it back b:angry
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Hmm, I thought the chatbox itself looked good, especially when you decrese the size a notch. About the other menus (faction/nearby players/etc..) yeah, we need to fix it so the text doesn't bleed out across the button borders. What if we, say, made it a little smaller and bolded it?

The chatbox looks great . . . if you are playing a browser based game in 1999.

There's no reason for the changes, and they look terrible. It makes a game that is fighting to be respectable look really really bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Danteii - Lost City
    Danteii - Lost City Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited August 2010

the chat font is okay, players just need to decreaze the size by 1 and it will look alright what bothers me is the rest of the interface they look like size 13, change it to 10 or 11.

b:bye
    I am Liam Neeson, you may remember me in such films as I will find you and I will kill you. b:pleased
  • Andareil - Lost City
    Andareil - Lost City Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited August 2010

the font its self is horrible, i liked the old one, take the [Guild] thingys out and make players names the same colour as the chat theyre using like they used too

please

b:cute
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    Sun_Burn - Lost City Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited August 2010

chatbox is horrible... way too many colors going on at once, hard to read anything.

What if u keep it the way it was while keeping the item link feature?
  • Logan_Morgan - Lost City
    Logan_Morgan - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2010

the problem is the new text is too wide, and that coupled with the new headers makes the text look clunky and aquard.

you need to remove the headers and go back to the old color coded system (we are not 5 year olds we do not need header to distinquish between differnt chat types) and choose a font that isnt as wide.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The chatbox looks great . . . if you are playing a browser based game in 1999.

There's no reason for the changes, and they look terrible. It makes a game that is fighting to be respectable look really really bad.

+1

Something that wasn't broken has been 'fixed'

We don't want things in bold that don't need to be in bold and we don't want labels for things we never needed labels for in the first place. Let me ask you this, Frankie: why was all of this changed? Did so many people seriously complain that they couldn't see before (which seems like **** to me, because they had the option of making everything bold and turning it's size up before this change) that you had to turn everything on it's head and subsequently ruin it?

What were the motives? Cause I can't, for the life of me, figure them out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ahmra - Raging Tide
    Ahmra - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    APALLING ... TRULY APALLING ... Oh? FONT SIZE IN THIS POST ANNOYING YOU ... WELL NOW YOU KNOW HOW IT FEELS INGAME ... Fix it yesterday PWI
  • HaIIie - Lost City
    HaIIie - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2010

No please.. i say just put it back like it was before
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Hmm, I thought the chatbox itself looked good, especially when you decrese the size a notch.

Redundant chat labels are a waste of space. At the very, VERY least, include an option in the Systems menu to turn them off. If you must keep the new formatting because of the item-link function, at least give us the power to adjust it so it isn't so cluttered.
    About the other menus (faction/nearby players/etc..) yeah, we need to fix it so the text doesn't bleed out across the button borders. What if we, say, made it a little smaller and bolded it?

Better: just go back to the old text formatting. It fit fine.
  • Llewellyn - Lost City
    Llewellyn - Lost City Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited August 2010

I made it as small as possible on 1680 x 1050 and its still horribly annoying and confusing, that thing before chats should be removed for sure, the colors say MORE then enough already, for the rest it might be a kewl patch but this chat thing destroys everything lol
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The item links are great - there's absolutely no need for the [guild] and whatnot headers, and there's no excuse for adding them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
    SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2010

but then it'd still be jagged and rough, which is whats causing the headache issues.. fonts should be smooth, not pixelated like this font is, it essentially looks like an overscaled windows terminal font, that or it was drawn using needlepoint... like i said, have some form of font smoothing turned on and u'll solve most of the issues (aside from the overlapping/bleeding from being too large of course) turn your pc's font smoothing options off for a bit then back on and you'll see what i mean
  • Spitball - Dreamweaver
    Spitball - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    So, how about that new UI?

Personally, I think it looks a lot cleaner, and the item linking is something I've been hoping for for a long time.

How about you guys?

(and please keep it clean in here)
    b:thanks

We get it...its your job to support the game but be honest you know its sucks man stand up and tell them before this game is distroyed.
  • Domiduca - Heavens Tear
    Domiduca - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Just wondering, did any of the developers actually look at the appearance of the text changes or just pick a random font/size and click apply?

It might not look quite as bad if it wasn't ridiculously oversized. I mean, open you genie up, just look at it, then try and defend the text changes
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Maybe an option of either would have been nice. Or even better, a poll before all of this cosmetic change was implemented.
    In this I mean either the old system, or the new one (big fonts that you are sure you will see and nice, colorful boxes that stack up and reminds you of puzzle games).

I'll take the former, btw, thank you.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Bong_Water - Raging Tide
    Bong_Water - Raging Tide Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    decreasing the font size helped a lot but its still everything else that bleeds over in huge **** letters like AH stuff or the squad hotkey function that murderous on the eyes.
  • Staylina - Dreamweaver
    Staylina - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It looks horrible. I *might* can get used to the chat box, but I really really dislike is the over-sized text in the Character/Genie Panels, Quest logs, Mini Map, Inventory, items, etc. This looks like all of those games I downloaded before PWI and immediately uninstalled after 20 seconds of game-play because the UI fonts were hideous. Please do not go down that road PW..b:surrender
  • Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Why did you guys change all this? What was wrong with it before? Why have those things in front of the character names, those boxes. It looks a lot cleaner before, now it just looks like some old game. The font looks bad, and everything seems so bunched in together. It hurts my eyes when you see the faction people talking with their faction box, then squad chat box, and someone on worldchat selling some item using the new linking thing. It's all a complete mess that was unnecessary, there's no need for this.
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
This discussion has been closed.