[Discussion about the new UI]

frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
So, how about that new UI?

Personally, I think it looks a lot cleaner, and the item linking is something I've been hoping for for a long time.

How about you guys?

(and please keep it clean in here)
b:thanks

Update: I like the chatbox, but a lot of the menus could definitely use some work. Please keep up the opinions.

2nd update: The font in most of the menus has been fixed.

3rd update

Text bleeding bugs have been resolved, genie stamina bar and mailbox text are being fixed very soon; chat tags are working as intended and here to stay, at least for now.

I'm going to un-stick this thread; please continue to post any new UI bugs here, and thank you for the bug reports and discussion :)
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• Andareil - Lost City
    Andareil - Lost City Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Personally, I think it looks a lot cleaner, and the item linking is something I've been hoping for for a long time.

How about you guys?

Yes
    no

aegbkaesgf
  • sakuradaidouji
    sakuradaidouji Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i laugh at the hugeness of the text. but the WORLD and SQUAD and such tags in the chat window are a bit much. i wish we could change the color of the GUI. i want a red GUI.
  • /Gohan - Dreamweaver
    /Gohan - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It's horrible. Undo this patch and try it again PROPERLY before all hell breaks loose on these forums and ingame.
  • Bong_Water - Raging Tide
    Bong_Water - Raging Tide Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The item linking is fine, but the font is miserable, and the symbol saying where the chat is from is annoying; its color coordinated for a reason...
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The item linking is definitely useful, but the interface and the font is really not working. The genie window, for example, is horrendous to look at.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • Logan_Morgan - Lost City
    Logan_Morgan - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    item linking = good

text size and tags = omgwtfbbq BAD
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    editted cause I was too mean.

Item linking is nice - the rest just looks childish. and cluttered.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It looks like clutter... and its disgusting.. so much for keeping it clean... when you clearly junked it up b:cry
  • Danteii - Lost City
    Danteii - Lost City Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I love the linking.

I certainly don't like the font size.
    I am Liam Neeson, you may remember me in such films as I will find you and I will kill you. b:pleased
  • Russiee - Raging Tide
    Russiee - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Frankie what are you smoking? Cleaner?

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/8186/71184975.png
  • Clandore - Lost City
    Clandore - Lost City Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Good job on the linking. Everything else is just asking for flames.
  • Alliekatt - Lost City
    Alliekatt - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    so cluttered...hurts my eyes -.- just bad. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Divinity_ - Dreamweaver
    Divinity_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Personally - I like the new Item Linking
    However: The new text just seems to make it harder to see things, especially the Guild: Team: and whatnot, making it harder to differentiate sometimes with multiple chats running
    and it's giving me headaches :/
    But that is just me :)
  • iliyria
    iliyria Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The chat changes have made the whole chat window very clunky. Ive heard that this is basically what PW-MY looks like and from looking at it, i think you've created more of an issue than there needed to be with chat windows. Chat windows looked fine before the change.
  • Pyrya - Archosaur
    Pyrya - Archosaur Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I would still like my question answered as to why we have fixes for non-existent problems being implemented.

About the UI, do we really need that big sign saying what chat it is if its color coded?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
    SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2010

How about you guys?

Honestly frankie, it blows chunks.. login on your GM toon and target a mob and check out the overlapping font issues.. also, why are barbs class slightly offset in the faction roster from the rest? are they more special then the rest of us or somethin? Genie numbers are way too large, the chat labels/buttons consume too much chat window real estate and the font is jagged-edged and actually hurts my eyes as i squint to read it.. Oh and something about the "nearby players" window is glitched too with this new font. Do us all a fav frankieraye and tell the devs to replace the font with tahoma or arial or something, and/or enable font smoothing/anti-aliasing :)
  • mysticalx
    mysticalx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    all i can say is wth is wrong with you people.............

IM NOT FREAKING BLIND MY FRIENDS NAMES DONE NEED TO BE THIS FREAKING BIG

I hate this patch it freaking has so many cons in it omg................b:angry the interface is ugly the white names are ugly the whole thing is freaking uglyb:angryb:angry im done with this POS game its getting gayer every freaking week..........WTG PWI you fail.

BTW I just got over a freaking headache now i got one back by trying to read the freaking chat.......
  • SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
    SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Holy Overlapping Batman!
  • Narin_ - Sanctuary
    Narin_ - Sanctuary Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Everything from this patch was HORRIBLE, except the item linking and the banquet thing. All the changes that were made were ridiculous and unnecessary, along with UNCALLED FOR. The new UI gives people headaches and is not clean or concise. It makes things jumbled, and is not condusive to being simply read. It makes the game look like a lot less work was put into it, and like it's a cheap free to play MMO that DOESN'T get thousands of dollars a year from its cash shop.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Why no poll . .
    (sorry about my 2 fail poll thread )
    I hate the font >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Linking is very nice!

I think removing the huge tags for WORLD or SQUAD would save alot of space in that tiny chat window.

Maybe just change the icon to somehting small like a tiny [w] or tho really i dont think its necessary.

I had to slide font size all the way down to make things readable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Narcyz - Sanctuary
    Narcyz - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I like the text linking system, very much.

The changes made to the text, whether it's the numbers on the stats or the new labels in the chat-box, come off looking like a mis-sized set of training wheels.

Training wheels that stab you in the eyes (x_X ).

While the new labels in the chat window differentiating between the channels seem like they'd helpful to the color-blind, I think it's also important to design a chat-box that doesn't strain a person's vision when read.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsutai - Dreamweaver
    Tsutai - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Linking is amaaazing. Everything else sucks. I've heard so much just from my faction, and I can speak for a good 30 people when I say it's terrible, too big and the squad, guild, private, etc tags are annoying. The font would be okay if everything wasn't so weirdly huge, and pleaase remove the guild tag things and w/e. b:surrender
    Tsutai - 91 Demon Cleric
    xYuna - 62 Veno

<3
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Good GOD that is an ugly chatbox. And the old font was perfectly legible.
  • V/mpi - Archosaur38
    V/mpi - Archosaur38 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Linking = good

Big font and [squad] [guild] boxes need to go. I hate it. My eyes freaking hate it, they ache from trying to read everything x.x
  • Thomas_Pk - Harshlands
    Thomas_Pk - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Plz pwi change it back , did you see the genie menu ? O.o , and the chat looks so cheap , i just quitted playing , it gives me headaches
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The linking is a nice feature. It adds a small spark to what you might be trying to sell or buy, which is nice, and generally it's hard to abuse because all it is, is a small bit of text that says

[ Item Here ]

People could spam that and nobody would think anything of it, because it's not really any different. To the item linking: yes.

To the whole BoI-inspired UI system, no. No. NO. NO. NO. NO! I don't know how many more times this word needs to be said before you realise what everybody is saying.

It's so damned horrible I would feel less pain if I turned around and bashed my face against a wall multiple times. I can't play this game for twenty minutes without having a godawful headache because of such unnecessary labels. (We're not stupid, thank you very much, we all knew World Chat was yellow and Squad Chat was green and Faction Chat was cyan. Why in god's name did you think you had to add labels? )

The new text is not clean, it is OBNOXIOUS. Please do the entire community a favour and get rid of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tyrandaa - Dreamweaver
    Tyrandaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The item linking is nice, I like it, really.

But the new font text is the most bunch of ****, also with the WORLD/WHISPER etc thing in the chat
  • Danteii - Lost City
    Danteii - Lost City Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Dude, you got 2 clients open. b:chuckle
    I am Liam Neeson, you may remember me in such films as I will find you and I will kill you. b:pleased
  • Logan_Morgan - Lost City
    Logan_Morgan - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Dude, you got 2 clients open. b:chuckle

no he doesnt, i spot a W7 noob
This discussion has been closed.