Options
frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited August 2010 in General Discussion
Afternoon everyone,

We will be having server maintenance tonight from:

10:00pm PDT until 12:00am PDT

And to kick off the usual maintenance conversation:

Have you ever gotten married in-game? Was it a good experience?
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Patch Notes Version 390
    Released August 5, 2010

Wedding Banquet
    Players who share their love for one another will be able to have the special ceremony they've always wanted. The Marriage Banquet is your own private party in which you can invite all your friends and family to attend. Every new couple who gets married will each receive a free Banquet Reservation upon completion of the Matrimony quest. Reserve your Banquet from the Wedding Usher in the Chapel Foyer.

Couples who are already married can each purchase a Banquet Reservation from the Boutique, squad up, and reserve a Banquet date.

Some things to note:
    1. Players must be married (to each other) for the Banquet Reservation to work.
    2. If the registration times are all filled up, just wait until the next available week appears.
    3. Players must be in a squad with their significant other.
    4. There is a contribution quest during the Banquet ceremony. A Jealous Ex will arrive and try to stop you from having your ceremony. Make sure you are equipped to fight him and his friends off!

Note: There is currently an issue with the contribution points during the Jealous EX attack event being calculated correctly. This will be fixed in a coming update.

Event Boutique
    A new Boutique has been introduced called the Event Boutique. When players participate in certain events, they will be able to win Event Points to purchase items from this new Boutique.

Jungle Ruins
    The new Jungle Ruins is now open! Every Tuesday at 20:30 server time, players will be able to enter the Jungle Ruins and compete with other players to reach the grand prize at the end! It wont be so easy though as the Ruins are filled with monsters and traps. I know ye' can fight, but its our wit that makes us men.

Celestial Tiger Event
    Every Monday @ 21:00 server time, the Celestial Tigers will begin their attack. A Keeper of the Tigers NPC will appear near the Elder of each major city as well as Archosaur. Speak to him to begin the event. This event is a Contribution Public Quest.

The Celestial Tiger Event now replaces the Nein Beast event.

New Territory War Rules
    1. The bidding process will no longer be announced; all bids will now be secret bids, and faction leaders will only be able to make a single bid each. The highest secret bid wins that faction the opportunity to attack the territory at the scheduled time.

2. Bids will no longer be refunded. If your bid was not high enough to win, the coins involved will be lost. This should minimize the occurrence of dishonest or fake bids.

3. The TW victor no longer receives any part of the winning bid. This should also minimize the occurrence of dishonest or fake bids.

4. Rewards for holding territories will no longer be coin-based. Instead, the rewards will be a combination of Mirage Celestones and the chance of being sent the Medal of Glory, an item necessary for attaining Rank IX gear.

This Rank IX gear is still in development, and should be available in the near future. One Medal of Glory will be sent to one of the 47 territories at random each week.

Rewards are as follows:

a. Tier 1 Territory: 300 Mirage Celestones + Chance of being sent Medal of Glory
    b. Tier 2 Territory: 200 Mirage Celestones + Chance of being sent Medal of Glory
    c. Tier 3 Territory: 150 Mirage Celestones + Chance of being sent Medal of Glory

With these new changes, we believe Territory Wars will become a more fun and competitive activity, with less opportunity for exploitation, and the chance to get some of the most powerful items in the game!

PWI Bidding Hall
    A new feature the PWI Bidding Hall is now live. Players will be able to bid Gold for special rare items. In the Boutique there is a new "Hammer" Icon which will bring up the Bidding Hall. The item appears in the Bidding Hall at 17:00 every day, and bidding for the item begins at 20:00. Click the large "?" Button in the Bidding Hall window for more information.

Possible items to bid on include Pigment Packs that contain 30 of 1 type of colored pigment, or Aerogear tickets for rare flyers. More items will be added to the Bidding Hall in the future.

Dungeons
    To battle farming, boss behavior in Wraith Gate and Twilight Temple ACT III has been changed. Players will need to kill enough trash mobs or else the bosses will go into a Frenzy mode dealing more damage.

The Gold Medal from Trophy Mode of Lunar Glade can no longer be traded for Lunar Glade materials.

All Bosses in Nirvana Place will reset their aggro targets randomly.

Wraith Attack Announcements
    Yes, they're back in the game! Yes, Hidden Orchid is still broken! Wraith Attacks are activated by various Wraith Officer's Envelops found throughout Perfect World. Enjoy!

Perfect Encyclopedia
    Added the search function for "Items".

Interface Changes

Linkable Items
    Players can now link their items into the chat window. Simply press Shift + Left your item while speaking in chat. Other players who see the chat will now be able to click on the item link and view the item details.

Changed Font
    Some of the in-game font has been updated for better readability.

Status Overview
    Information about player frame Rate, current Server, and ping can now be seen when you mouse over the systems icon.

Hyper EXP Function
    Added a Hyper EXP button to the Character Portrait.

And yes... lots and lots of localization.

b:spit
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • KittyTaco - Lost City
    KittyTaco - Lost City Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    huzzah maint!

and no, I'm too poor D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    LOL @ the question...

Finally though I can do my trivia...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Nope, waste of money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Schampooo - Raging Tide
    Schampooo - Raging Tide Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Q_Q no new pvp server then? gonna cry...
    u know u need schampooo to keep ur hair clean and soft T_T
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • I_Snipe - Lost City
    I_Snipe - Lost City Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yay!

Gone to the chapel and we're....goooonnnnna get married....

and no i havn't been married. would you like to marry me frankie?
  • ValFera - Heavens Tear
    ValFera - Heavens Tear Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Yay maint. finally

And no never married in game and not planning on it
    BIG WASTE OF MONEY

And yay me on first page :)
    Leader - Hikari LVL3 PVE Faction {Heavens Tear}

Hikari is the Light.
    RESPECT is part of the Light so when you show others respect you show them the light.
    TRUTH is part of the Light, so if you find deception put light on it for all to see.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    so we get wedding system huh,. plox lets get jungle ruins too b:surrender
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    maint =O whats new
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Come on Jungle Ruins!
    Come on PvP!
    Come on all new stuff b:dirty!!!
  • Simi_P - Dreamweaver
    Simi_P - Dreamweaver Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yes, my Veno is married to my IRL fiance's Blademaster and as soon as the wedding instance gets put in; my Cleric is marrying his Barb:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Forced one of my friends to marry me for MQ :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Xgrinch - Dreamweaver
    Xgrinch - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    No. But I've been married IRL. Does that count?
  • Schampooo - Raging Tide
    Schampooo - Raging Tide Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    No. But I've been married IRL. Does that count?
    learn to read :

Have you ever gotten married in-game? Was it a good experience?

and no, it doesnt count -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Centaura - Dreamweaver
    Centaura - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    No But i dont like names of ownership over my head feels demeaning, took me long enough to like having faction names over my head.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Assassin- Cold, Tough, Relentless, Brave, has a Disturbing Mix of Innocence and Violence.

-Proud Member of Vanquish
  • Xgrinch - Dreamweaver
    Xgrinch - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    learn to read :

and no, it doesnt count -.-

Oh well. Nothing of a value was lost ; )
  • Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    Kaneharo - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    If I wanted to get married, I'd get married to a guy and pay cheaper than the amount of the packs to just go and get a marriage certificate.
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    "that word, "solo". i don't think it means what you think it means." - LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Badazmofo - Dreamweaver
    Badazmofo - Dreamweaver Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ive been married in game before and i would like to think it was a good experiance lol now i need to marry someone else for MQ :D (we got divorced)

ps hey kane whats up :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    in-game marriage? you couldn't pay me to do that, much less convince me to pay for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    Kaneharo - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ive been married in game before and i would like to think it was a good experiance lol now i need to marry someone else for MQ :D (we got divorced)

ps hey kane whats up :D

not much, just barely keeping myself from strangling a couple of 13 year olds knocking on my door as I'm trying to sleep. You?
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    "that word, "solo". i don't think it means what you think it means." - LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Never been married. b:cry

BUT! I'll marry anyone if they pay for 100% of the wedding and are on for the marriage quests :3 b:victory (LOOKIN @ YOU ROSE!!!) < haha jk, but seriously, help a poor broke nub out!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hooray for server maint!
    And new wedding instance... the invitation system sounds a bit confusing.. O_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Never been married.

BUT! I'll marry anyone if they pay for 100% of the wedding and are on for the marriage quests :3 b:victory (LOOKIN @ YOU ROSE!!!) < haha jk, but seriously, help a poor broke nub out!

o.o

Sorry but lucky #7 is already in the works...from alt to main b:cute

BUT....now that Maintenance has finally been announced, you know what that means?

TRIVIA YAH!!!

Mav and I will be doing our usual maintenance Trivia tonite about an hour before server shut-down. The theme has been decided and we have had our questions for two days. There will be 5 1mill questions from me on top of the normal 10-15 questions with the usual prizes. Good Luck!! b:victoryb:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Come on Jungle Ruins!
    Come on PvP!
    Come on all new stuff b:dirty!!!

New... stuff...

Well, 'tis sumthin we have ta remedy now isn't it? b:mischievous
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • elaina22
    elaina22 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Why would they make you pay 20-30 gold to get married and then still have to pay in game coins for a quest once a week?
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    elaina22 wrote: »
    Why would they make you pay 20-30 gold to get married and then still have to pay in game coins for a quest once a week?

... The Marriage quest is a recent addition.

Most likely in an attempt to try to boost the marriage pack sales because before that it was kinda useless.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Tidalira - Archosaur
    Tidalira - Archosaur Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yes, and it was heaven... until he deserted me for a private server.
    ;_;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    embrace the power of FABULOUS
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    Egaenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    QQ i was doing work :( nUUU!!!! not on the 1st page
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"wink wink"
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yay stairway to heaven :D
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Wait a sec... don't the maint times mean no tournament today?

..... QQ!