*facepalm* stupid squads

Options
ChaoticLove - Sanctuary
ChaoticLove - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Cleric
I have a cleric. It is now up to 69. While playing her, I've now noticed that some people are extremely stupid. I'll give two examples and see if you have worse.

1: We were doing a BH 51 the first boss needed was Wyvern, everything went fine up until Wyvern. No deaths, we didn't aggro the other bosses. It all went fine, 'til we got to Wyvern. I had asked them to let me get two sparks since they wanted me to bb. I got my two sparks, squad buffed again and got my mp back. I then inched as close to Wyvern as possible without aggroing him and went to put bb up. Only problem was, the barb decided to run up and attack the boss. I had told him to wait 'til I said go. So he's attacking the boss and bb wasn't even casted yet. It was still a blue bar and not even halfway there. It then gets to orange just as he is at 1/3 of hp. Needless to say, he dies. After that wyvern goes through all of the members of the squad one at a time. I was last to die. So then I was sitting there, angry about my own exp loss watching them complain about theirs. Then I got told, by the barb, that I had no clue how to play a Cleric. After I walked all the way back with my slow cleric feet I got them all up, healed and buffed them. Then told them I would not do this again. As we were all out of the instance and about to leave squad the barb said, "Maybe I'll just go find a cleric who knows how to play". He left the squad and I whispered to him, "And maybe I'll find a barb who doesn't cause squad wipes, and knows to wait for bb to be casted"

2: I was helping some people with a 20x3 since they needed a cleric. It went fine up 'til we got to the Serpent mini boss. I had told them to just wait for their fb to kill him, they insisted on killing him. I rebuffed and got ready to heal the barb. Knowing it had magic attacks I knew it was going to be harder. The barb decided to pull the boss with his genie (we had 2 venos with us). He pulled him then ran around like a chicken missing his head. Needless to say, I didn't heal him and he died. Next came the venos, then the archers. I holy pathed away so I was safe. I came back to res them and I got chewed out for "not healing the barb". So I sat there and tried to explain that I couldn't heal the barb 'til he hit it or it would just switch aggro to me and it would be 1-2 hit dead. They didn't understand and just labeled me a fail cleric. I left the squad. :P

Now tell me...do you get stuck with stupid people like this?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If I'm insane, why does that matter?
Making fun of me for being insane,
is like me making fun of you for being normal.
b:shutup

Veno 7x (Sanc.)
Veno 5x (Harsh.)
Cleric 4x (Sanc.)
Cleric 3x (Sanc.)
Bm 2x (Sanc.)
Archer 2x (Sanc.)
Psy. 1x (Sanc.)
b:thanks
Post edited by ChaoticLove - Sanctuary on

Comments

• MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Everyone experience it, don't worry. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • _Pale - Sanctuary
    _Pale - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I have a cleric. It is now up to 69. While playing her, I've now noticed that some people are extremely stupid. I'll give two examples and see if you have worse.

1: We were doing a BH 51 the first boss needed was Wyvern, everything went fine up until Wyvern. No deaths, we didn't aggro the other bosses. It all went fine, 'til we got to Wyvern. I had asked them to let me get two sparks since they wanted me to bb. I got my two sparks, squad buffed again and got my mp back. I then inched as close to Wyvern as possible without aggroing him and went to put bb up. Only problem was, the barb decided to run up and attack the boss. I had told him to wait 'til I said go. So he's attacking the boss and bb wasn't even casted yet. It was still a blue bar and not even halfway there. It then gets to orange just as he is at 1/3 of hp. Needless to say, he dies. After that wyvern goes through all of the members of the squad one at a time. I was last to die. So then I was sitting there, angry about my own exp loss watching them complain about theirs. Then I got told, by the barb, that I had no clue how to play a Cleric. After I walked all the way back with my slow cleric feet I got them all up, healed and buffed them. Then told them I would not do this again. As we were all out of the instance and about to leave squad the barb said, "Maybe I'll just go find a cleric who knows how to play". He left the squad and I whispered to him, "And maybe I'll find a barb who doesn't cause squad wipes, and knows to wait for bb to be casted"

2: I was helping some people with a 20x3 since they needed a cleric. It went fine up 'til we got to the Serpent mini boss. I had told them to just wait for their fb to kill him, they insisted on killing him. I rebuffed and got ready to heal the barb. Knowing it had magic attacks I knew it was going to be harder. The barb decided to pull the boss with his genie (we had 2 venos with us). He pulled him then ran around like a chicken missing his head. Needless to say, I didn't heal him and he died. Next came the venos, then the archers. I holy pathed away so I was safe. I came back to res them and I got chewed out for "not healing the barb". So I sat there and tried to explain that I couldn't heal the barb 'til he hit it or it would just switch aggro to me and it would be 1-2 hit dead. They didn't understand and just labeled me a fail cleric. I left the squad. :P

LOL, yes

I'm starting to tune out squad chat all togteher sometimes when I think people suck. Blacklist all of them and drop squad, but mostly I'm with a BM friend who's still in squad, so I pull through too... I totally understand solo clerics who do this though.I hardly see any barbs these days anyways, so doing stuff mostly with high lvl BM's and venos. works pretty well. Just pick a BM who is something like 5-10 lvls higher then the barb you're looking for and most of the time it will go fine.
    At lvl 100 everyone is bored to death anyway.
    Need more BM's who specialize in tanking rather then DD or PVP, made special room in my friendslist for that. * becoming less and less of a cat person*
    I'm not there to make you survive in PWI, that's your job
    ** expected fail squad: express rule of thumb "you die by stupidity, you go to town" **
    ~Sanctuary~Cleric/Archer/Veno~Audeamus/Enelysion
  • ChaoticLove - Sanctuary
    ChaoticLove - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    LOL, yes

I'm starting to tune out squad chat all togteher sometimes when I think people suck. Blacklist all of them and drop squad, but mostly I'm with a BM friend who's still in squad, so I pull through too... I totally understand solo clerics who do this though.I hardly see any barbs these days anyways, so doing stuff mostly with high lvl BM's and venos. works pretty well. Just pick a BM who is something like 5-10 lvls higher then the barb you're looking for and most of the time it will go fine.
    At lvl 100 everyone is bored to death anyway.
    Need more BM's who specialize in tanking rather then DD or PVP, made special room in my friendslist for that. * becoming less and less of a cat person*

People are always trying to tell me barbs are my best friends in the game. And when I try to have a bm tank something they usually tell me they can't and I'll let them die. Even when I've proved in various cases that I can keep them alive.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If I'm insane, why does that matter?
    Making fun of me for being insane,
    is like me making fun of you for being normal.
    b:shutup

Veno 7x (Sanc.)
    Veno 5x (Harsh.)
    Cleric 4x (Sanc.)
    Cleric 3x (Sanc.)
    Bm 2x (Sanc.)
    Archer 2x (Sanc.)
    Psy. 1x (Sanc.)
    b:thanks
  • _Pale - Sanctuary
    _Pale - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    It kinda depends on the BM build. A lot of diversity in that class.
    Most things they can easily tank though. It's not just HP that makes a goos tank, but defences too...
    There are a lot of other options if you learn to play differently. You just need friends who are willing to try and know the boss that you are trying to kill ( kind of damage, how much, debuffs, how frequent, aggro ) and make sure everyone does their part. This last part is the hardest though, most people just know how to do one thing and rely on a barb and a cleric to set a stage where they don't have to think or do much more then go on autopilot and do what they always do.
    I'm not there to make you survive in PWI, that's your job
    ** expected fail squad: express rule of thumb "you die by stupidity, you go to town" **
    ~Sanctuary~Cleric/Archer/Veno~Audeamus/Enelysion
  • Umbra - Raging Tide
    Umbra - Raging Tide Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    At this point, something like this happens just about everyday. If you're mad about this happening in a 202020 or a BH51, you'll be oh so very surprised when you hit 9x and it happens more than once a day.

The point is, don't let one or two squad wipes hold you back. Shrug it off and try again. You're the one losing exp, not them. Don't let it bug you too much. Everyone has to start somewhere :D

Tell them to shut up and do their job so you can do yours. b:cute
    Skyrim, ok. b:dirty
  • Clandore - Lost City
    Clandore - Lost City Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    People are always trying to tell me barbs are my best friends in the game. And when I try to have a bm tank something they usually tell me they can't and I'll let them die. Even when I've proved in various cases that I can keep them alive.b:surrender

To further this, clerics love BMs and BMs love clerics. The classic setup for AOE grinding, but ofc no one grinds anymore. Personally my cleric has two-manned 90% of gameplay with an axe/pole BM. Just remember that they tend to have low magic def.
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    In cases where the squad is rude to you, do NOT rez the ones being rude.
    :)
  • Panteka - Sanctuary
    Panteka - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    lol we are on the same server n I do experience that a lot, esp. bh 51 ****. I just sit there n think like "How could sumone be so dumb??" My advice: Dont ever agree to BB wyvern. Just IH the barb and purify every time it recharges (for me i have lvl 1, so it recharges every 12 seconds) and then when aoe goes throw a quick CHB and go back to ih/purify until its over. If the sin/bm in your team is too stupid to flee when their health is super low and ur really needing to heal the barb then its their own dumb fault if they die.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    To further this, clerics love BMs and BMs love clerics. The classic setup for AOE grinding, but ofc no one grinds anymore. Personally my cleric has two-manned 90% of gameplay with an axe/pole BM. Just remember that they tend to have low magic def.

a lvled magic marrow = robe magic def b:surrender
    kitten have lowest magic def imo

We were doing a BH 51 the first boss needed was Wyvern, everything went fine up until Wyvern. No deaths, we didn't aggro the other bosses. It all went fine, 'til we got to Wyvern. I had asked them to let me get two sparks since they wanted me to bb.

BB on any kind of debuffing boss is rather dumb...
    high spike damage wyvern deals comes from the debuff .... Purify is your friend, not BB
    idiot squad knows nothing .. tell them how this boss works, they still want bb? let them die and make sure youre squad leader in the first place...
    And when I try to have a bm tank something they usually tell me they can't and I'll let them die
    let the bm die :(? why D:

they can take the beating, but deal **** damage, ..hey..ok sometimes
    (and those low-lvl-fist bms are still **** dds - lack of APS)
    i like potato
  • GuinevirX - Heavens Tear
    GuinevirX - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    BH 29 squad with 1 lvl 47 barb 2 lvl 44 and 48 sins 1 lvl 42 veno 1 lvl 46 bm and me (lvl 46) cleric. We went in and asked everyone to wait to buff each other (i have my 2 AoE buffs). ofc no1 cared. Barb used HP buff , BM p def and lvl 48 sin Bloodpaint ???? anyway when i started casting they waited at AoE skils but then they start rushing to mobs before i could use the other 2 buffs. Veno brambled everyone , and yes even me >_< then i tried to explain her that bramble is bad for cleric but after a while she used again. barb was attacking mobs not spamming FR on everything so when he was about dead and i healed i took heal aggro , luckily sins were clever enough to grab the mobs immediately. Then as we went for Tower , veno yelled to lure the glitch and lure Quingi. i explained that by killing towers is the best way cause we can prepare for Boss before we go to battle. But no , the stubborn veno went to the other side and ofc was killed by the 3x team of mobs. I shut my mouth and rezzed (lvl 4 rez b:laugh) then we continued . then when she went to lure , her pet aggroed the Guards ALONG with Quingi (I don't Know how that happened) then the veno rushed on me bringing the guards to me , barb was killed by AoE, sin tried luring Quingi to him and BM tried the guards. the veno didn't tried to help sin , sin died (i couldn'y heal him enough) the quingi came to me i ran, BM died from AoE , AoE killed me , the lvl 44 sin and veno where killed by boss , and then the noob veno yelled at me cause I DIDN'T HEAL HER . I tried to explain that my heal would bring Boss to me and i couldn't heal barb , BM and sin. she called me fail , then i shot some nice curses at her , returned rezzed them all except her and left her there .

So yes cleric is hard job . Sorry for long post
    Proud Male Venomancer <
    It's a game ...................... Face it b:laughb:laughb:laugh
  • SeaStorm - Heavens Tear
    SeaStorm - Heavens Tear Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ROFL yeah sadly this happens with a lot of squads...however, there are good squads out there that know exactly what they are doing. Here's a couple examples....

Group from my faction needed BH89 Eden then BH79...no clerics available...I told them I could log my alt cleric if they were that bad off BUT........she only lvl 60. Squad had no problem with that. So I sent my cleric to BH89 Eden for an unwined BH run....she died one time....at Pheblo (damn AOE not healthy)....I had rez scroll got back up and finished that BH and the 79 after. As for the squad...not a single member died but me that one time.

I'm running BH69 on my cleric, had some friends and a high lvl BM friend that tanked for us...we'd been messing around pulling the mobs & killing them, where nob was walking cause he was last left (while we waiting for unstacked squad member to return). So it's decided rather than pulling nob we'd just tank him there. As we're killing nob 4-6 mobs we forgot walked in...I paused healing the BM and yelled mobs incoming in squad chat...few secs later the BM did an aoe combo that killed all the mobs...then asked a min or two later....what mobs? Oh and no one died....

Remember for every idiotic squad (and I've been in a few doing random BHs on my cleric) there's squads like the two above that you save to your FL. Those are the people you go above and beyond duty for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • quacks
    quacks Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    bb sucks in wyvern oO

purify ftw...

barbs that run around like a chicken happens often, agreed
    there are other factors that make the barb do this

1. they are not aware cleric is gonna heal them
    2. what if i take aggro, and cleric isnt gonna heal me? (doesnt take aggro)
    *cleric dies* oh ****, noheals!!! (barb dies)

or barbs that do not GO after 3rd ih they linger around the place (even ya ihed them like 7 times)
    and then suddenly goes while ur casting ih
    and ur spamming esc key coz ya dont want the aggro :D

and those barbs who run into you during fc in exp room, like they are trying to keel you;
    and ya get all aggro from mob lol

i also know why sometimes thats happening, it was either cleric dies first, or barb dies first coz bm forgot to stun the mobs. XD
    and being a barb he didnt wanna die first, so he keeled you. (it was the only way it would make sense)
    thoughts: cleric can tank those better, look at the size of those mobs~!! lets run into her, shes 1337. *cleric dies*
    o ****! nub cleric doesnt have bb on, **** GEAR, woww what a fail cleric. lets blame it on the bb heal rate.

dd's dont wanna risk their lives either :l
    its guud exp why they wanna die first anyways?

or blame ur BB heal rate in exp room, when ppl dies (yea, lmaooo that was totally the problem... not)
    anywaysss

theres also tankers who purposely doesnt listen to the cleric, and expect ya to move ur BB
    (even tho hes 2 steps away)
    and then goes, wow fail cleric for not having ur bb up
    yea, coz clerics are MOBILE when they bb, thats why. coz barbs are some kind of frozen fish people who cant move, and is stuck when i cast my bb.
    when i scream to peopel to move into range, they dont listen either

theres also barbs who never talk, doesnt read, and runs into mobs without question :o

some of the things i noticed
    tankers sometimes dont trust yah, or they afraid to go to mobs?
    i guesss ppl need more trust for the cleric

hehe but i guess dd's/tankers are just people too b:victory
  • Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
    Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    We were helping a veno with her FB 19...all of us were I think 60 and above, and she was new to the fac so we decided to help her out.

Our cleric was having a time of it trying to keep her alive, because with no armor and no pet, the veno was vulnerable. She kept running ahead aggroing all the mobs, even when we were all screaming STOP (or...erm, typing STOP loudly). She died a good five times before we were able to reach the boss. She STILL ran ahead and started whacking on him, but at least our BM was able to take aggro in time.

and good lord. Barbs are tanks. They should not run around like headless chickens with the boss. >__<
  • Zilena - Harshlands
    Zilena - Harshlands Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I have a cleric myself. Needless to say, unfortunately we've all had those 'AMAZING squads' too. The barbs and clerics usually take the most heat for party wipes since some barbs dont realize they didnt keep aggro, and the clerics for not healing on time or whatever they call it.
    but in your case, your barbs went stuuupiddddddd. lol
  • AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear
    AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i hate when squads think that the cleric is too blame. i mean really? if we wanted u could die, so dont call us fail :P but i've had my fair share of fail cleric in squads, and my fair share of fail squads b:laugh i was doing bh51, when it was like first introduced. and had 2 cleric, me and another cleric, and 2 barbs. close to fushma, the 2nd cleric went afk without letting us know, so im stuck healing the 2 barbs who both have aggro -_- but i really hate it when ppl r getting attacked and are runnning, more of this when im soloing something for a friend on my veno and pet's too slow to catch up. ppl when your getting hit, stop running so the cleric can heal. but i do love it when i have great squads, my lvl 101 bm friend helped tank bh69, took bosses down in minutes with lvl 100 fists. or when i did my fb89 with a lot of good friends, it didnt take that long. but not every squad is bad, just depends how much expierence they have
    Avatars: Name-Class-Lvl-Server-Guild-Activeness

AngelOfLies-Cleric-90 Sage-no guild-Not currently Active
    _CatGirl_-Veno-80-No Guild-Not Currently Acitve
    BlindingEdge-Seeker-6x-No Guild-Main
    DrawtheWaves-Sin-5x-No Guild-Active Alt
  • Brishi - Dreamweaver
    Brishi - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    One time when i did a bh59 our cleric only heal with wellspring surge bc it was faster then ironhearth she say.
    So we almost squad wipe i left squad before boss then.

On my cleric the most annoying thing is when people say how you shall heal :/
  • Stunnie - Lost City
    Stunnie - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Well...lol.I'm not actually a cleric but a psy,but I have some stories to tell,too.
    You all know that there isn't many barbs out there,so sometimes(most times there's no barb/high lvls in my party,so I consider myself lucky if I find a BM) I have to tank my BH29. >_>;
    Skipping the part HOW I'm tanking,you all know that a Psy with a Vit build is capable of that. Of course,Clerics have a hard time healing me,'cause Qingzi wipes me on 4-5 shots.But it's possible,'cause I often have 2-3 sins in my squad,so the boss goes down pretty fast. Emp Vigor also helps.

And so,I've split all clerics I had to group with in 2 categories:
    1.) Common clerics. They spam IH,I help them with my Life Bubble. No one dies. Those are who I usually add in my FL after BH.
    2.)Inadequate, boring, slowpoke, or simply noob clerics. Those are my common reason for losing EXP.You can expect everything from them. They can "brb" it the midst of boss combat,refuse to heal,demand mana/apothecary mana pots from me or squad members(even tho I'm low on them myself,you know that a Psy is a mana sink,especially if Vit), spam IH -before- boss,thus taking aggro and dying (i repeat - no barb -.-),etc. etc.

But yesterday,I've had a worst BH in my life.4 of us (me,sin,bm,and cleric) went to do it. But when we've got to the dungeon,our cleric began to complain. 1st,he tried to rob our sin (who was my guildie) off his MP cape,refusing to go if he won't lend it to him. skipping the part how we tried to mildly refuse to him,but he finally dropped that. 2nd,he refused to waste more that 1000 mana on our sin,and then refused to rez him if he dies. 3rd,he asked me,and then said in pty chat if he wouldn't heal our sin. (he seemed to be really jealous of that cape.) And at last,he's gone selfhealing when we've pulled a load of mobs(6 or so).I shouted "HEAL" and had to use my Life Bubble to not wipe.And got an awesome reply -
    - don't SHOUT on me
    I couldn't hold myself anymore,I raged (along with our sin and BM) and kicked him from the party. After that,he got 3shot by our sin.

^This story had a happy-end. We 3 cleared the rest of the dungeon and finally found a high-lvl cleric.
    Watch yourselves sometimes,too,clerics,and don't underestimate Psys.Good luck, be happy :)

Stunnie,49 lvl,Lost City
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

I've been in plenty worse squads.

Example A.) We're in BH59, this squishy sin convinces me he can tank, I forget the boss, I almost want to say it was Drake. He says "With heals I can tank". I'm like fine, lets go do it then. We get to drake, we have a veno to pull. But instead without even asking if we're readt he runs up and pulls it with genie, then engages it when it's clear of the addons. By the time I could get out of meditation and run up to cast IH he was dead, died in 2 hits. he then goes on to QQ how I should have been ready, and that I healed wrong person, then i told him I didn't even heal anyone he died before I could. Something about slow reflexes, I came back with: I have -15% channeling it wouldn't take that long. Then the fail veno pipes in "My cleric could have kept him healed", I told him to learn his place and ****. Unless he would like to show me up and log onto this so called cleric that can keep a sin that gets 2 hit by drake healed throughout the entire boss fight. Told the sin to **** himself and if he wanted a res he can find another cleric to do it, I won't.

If there's anything I hate more it's being told how to play my class by a non-cleric. Especially when the player in question fails at the class they are playing in the first place.

I can think of thousands of examples of fail squads. But i'm done. Just know every cleric has to deal with bullshiit like that on a weekly basis. Barb can go leroy jenkins and pull 4 mobs, only agro 3, ignore the other one, and biitch at you when he dies, even though it's his fault for not agroing all the mobs he toook the liberty of pulling. It's an annoying class to play. But when you find a good squad, It's the best class to play :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • XXMonaXx - Heavens Tear
    XXMonaXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    We all have plenty of stories in bh51 b:chuckle
  • SoulPeace - Sanctuary
    SoulPeace - Sanctuary Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Actually,when you're the Cleric,things like this are far more noticiable on a DD's Side like a BM/Wiz.
    I've meet a lot of people in squad that seem to play individually and not as squad members,they only care to get their heal then keep killing stuff till they're at boss,and these kind of people don't even notice if someone that its not supposed to get agro on a BH like the Cleric or a Wiz on Physical Mobs,they keep going ahead blindly.

This may sound exaggerated,but its true,my Brother got a lv. 9x BM that BARELY notice his own Hp bar(b:surrender),even with the entire squad wiped behind him,he won't notice until they get him too.

On the opposite,as Cleric you must have 6 eyes,one on every squad member,including yourself,you must be aware of everything,like the Psy loving to agro stuff without even kiting and get surprised if they Physical Mob on a BH kill him in 2 shoots,or the barb that run on a group of mobs while you are healing the BM killing another group.

You wanna play this game relaxed?,pick a Veno or a BM,don't start this game as Cleric,Cleric need to have a general Knowledge of other class's skills,its good to have one as Alt to further understand squad mechanics.I found myself giving advices on a Barb in bh69,telling him to Invoke while iam reviving a squad member,and/or spamming alacrity of the beast to try to cancel boss skills,funny thing is,I don't even have a barb alt b:surrender.
    <-- Signature Space -->
    Once upon a time...
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Soul: That "Barely notices own HP bar" is my only problem as a BM (I <3 charms). I will literally kill anything and everything until I die.

As to the original topic......

A tip on tanks...if I may, just bring in a fist BM. Tell the fist BM to double spark and and anytime after that when he has a spark single/double spark. Tell cleric to heal BM. You will not have to worry about arggo tag unless there is a barb who knows how to use their skills, or a second fist BM who has better gear then the one who was told to tank (but if that is true....you told the wrong guy to tank).

But personally.....I can't even find BH squads as of late :(
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    A tip on tanks...if I may, just bring in a fist BM. Tell the fist BM to double spark and and anytime after that when he has a spark single/double spark. Tell cleric to heal BM. You will not have to worry about arggo tag unless there is a barb who knows how to use their skills, or a second fist BM who has better gear then the one who was told to tank (but if that is true....you told the wrong guy to tank).

Or an archer/assassin/psychic with better gear (or pure builds) since you generally don't get enough -interval to make fists shine until you start hitting the 90s (and by then you should have at least a few people you can run with most of the time to reduce the overall fail in squads)
  • Grego - Raging Tide
    Grego - Raging Tide Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Interesting reading from all of U.

Just wanted to say: Right squad=everyone is happy.
    And by right squad I mean party mates with awareness, knowing when, how and what to do and playing as a team respecting the roles of the others.
    If a little voice of ur conscience whispers u:" Not good, not good, don't go!" Then don't go!
    Sometimes things go wrong no matter what.

Enjoy the game!
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    Or an archer/assassin/psychic with better gear (or pure builds) since you generally don't get enough -interval to make fists shine until you start hitting the 90s (and by then you should have at least a few people you can run with most of the time to reduce the overall fail in squads)

Yes, thank you for also mentioning the achers/assassins.

As for Psy's.....Unless their 10+ my lvl, I don't lose arggo to them b:chuckle (That might be because of my -.1 int on my current wristguard)
  • Vassaga - Heavens Tear
    Vassaga - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    In cases where the squad is rude to you, do NOT rez the ones being rude.
    :)

This!
    You're the boss, not them.
    I already wrote this somewhere, but, I had some ****tard in BH51 squads asking me to BB at every single boss and mob, so when we finally came to Wyvern, he rushed in and yelled BB! I meditated in front of him and asked "This bb?" Yea, I died, but at least it was funny lol ;)
  • Erratic - Lost City
    Erratic - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    quacks wrote: »
    bb sucks in wyvern oO

and those barbs who run into you during fc in exp room, like they are trying to keel you;
    and ya get all aggro from mob lol

i also know why sometimes thats happening, it was either cleric dies first, or barb dies first coz bm forgot to stun the mobs. XD
    and being a barb he didnt wanna die first, so he keeled you. (it was the only way it would make sense)
    thoughts: cleric can tank those better, look at the size of those mobs~!! lets run into her, shes 1337. *cleric dies*
    o ****! nub cleric doesnt have bb on, **** GEAR, woww what a fail cleric. lets blame it on the bb heal rate.

dd's dont wanna risk their lives either :l
    its guud exp why they wanna die first anyways?

or blame ur BB heal rate in exp room, when ppl dies (yea, lmaooo that was totally the problem... not)
    anywaysss

theres also tankers who purposely doesnt listen to the cleric, and expect ya to move ur BB
    (even tho hes 2 steps away)
    and then goes, *** fail cleric for not having ur bb up
    yea, coz clerics are MOBILE when they bb, thats why. coz barbs are some kind of frozen fish people who cant move, and is stuck when i cast my bb.
    when i scream to peopel to move into range, they dont listen either
    b:victory

This thread made my day lolololol but the funniest post was this ^b:laugh 1337 tank clerics weee also the frozen fish thing Rofl
  • Umbra - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This thread made my day lolololol but the funniest post was this ^b:laugh 1337 tank clerics weee also the frozen fish thing Rofl

I did too! I wish party members knew how much chi it costs to cast BB or how long it takes to channel, or how far it reaches. Jeeze. b:chuckle
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    One time when i did a bh59 our cleric only heal with wellspring surge bc it was faster then ironhearth she say.
    So we almost squad wipe i left squad before boss then.

On my cleric the most annoying thing is when people say how you shall heal :/

She's obviously wrong, and I hate it when other classes tell me how to play my class, when they fail at the class they are playing in the first place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • Umbra - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Agreed. If you know the way you heal is the best way to keep the tank alive, by all means, go for it!

Don't forget, sparks increase your Magic Atk. which also increase your healing power. b:laugh
  • SolSong - Heavens Tear
    SolSong - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    My currently favorite...BH69...Squad of barb 86/87, BM 80 (axes), veno 88, 2 clerics, and another veno. Barb DCs on nob...88 veno (according to hp/mp is mostly pure mage) gets aggro starts running around the turtle pond....barb reconnects....starts chasing nob who's still chasing veno....(clerics are waiting for someone to grab aggro before healing)....barb finally grabs aggro (sans buffs) but dies while getting heals/buffs...BM keeps aggro (one cleric rotated to BM) until Barb rezed (who buffs this time)....88 veno then comments after the kill....OMG I hit harder then the BM!!!!!!! .... BM then responds with you're almost pure mage and 8 lvls higher and I'm not a fist BM what did you expect....

the two clerics never talked through out that incident but damn it was nice to work with someone that knew what they were doing.

Sometimes the other classes kill me....I laughed soooo hard at that veno...