*facepalm* stupid squads

Options

Comments

• ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I have a cleric. It is now up to 69. While playing her, I've now noticed that some people are extremely stupid.

isnt that common sense? no need to lvl up a cleric to 69 or even play pwi at allb:chuckle
  • MissxCleric - Sanctuary
    MissxCleric - Sanctuary Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I never do BH on my Cleric, just cuz of those Barbs who blame the Cleric when it's their own fault.
    They should learn how to play a Barb, and just take aggro, is it that hard? xd
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    isnt that common sense? no need to lvl up a cleric to 69 or even play pwi at allb:chuckle

You got to 100 how by doing nothing but bhing it with hypers.?

@Missxcleric I understand your frustration like me as I am doing nothing but WQ atm due to time restraints but plan on getting back into bhs once I get to 78 or so.I want to get my mag a little higher without dieing.I hope to see you out there.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I've had the opportunity to join squads for TT 1-3+ as well as doing FB69, which I did while level 67 (on my veno). I was able to prevent party wipes in TT by sacrificing myself to save the cleric, and also in FB69 by tanking an errant mob that aggroed on the cleric.

Not exactly a squad... But, there's a particular idiot that I keep running into on my Cleric who apparently is growing an increasing reputation on Sanctuary Server. My cleric was level 36, and I was cleaning up an old quest, killing some low level mobs. This Barb comes up, and demands buffs. I ignored him. Squad invite, deny. Squad invite, deny. Squad invite... I just left it up. He starts KSing me.

Luckily he was in PK mode. I had one of my factionmates come, and he ran. That actually started a small multi-faction manhunt that resulted in that barb getting PKed several times.

It's because of that jerk that I go into 'Cleric Stealth Mode', by simply equipping a bow when not killing things, or healing my friends. :p I even use it every now and then to pull. b:chuckle

Anyway... I've got a character of every class except Psy and Barb. My Cleric is a Party build, and it's the most challenging class to play so far, unless I'm in a group. :p
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • robzombie20
    robzombie20 Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I've had the opportunity to join squads for TT 1-3+ as well as doing FB69, which I did while level 67 (on my veno). I was able to prevent party wipes in TT by sacrificing myself to save the cleric, and also in FB69 by tanking an errant mob that aggroed on the cleric.

Not exactly a squad... But, there's a particular idiot that I keep running into on my Cleric who apparently is growing an increasing reputation on Sanctuary Server. My cleric was level 36, and I was cleaning up an old quest, killing some low level mobs. This Barb comes up, and demands buffs. I ignored him. Squad invite, deny. Squad invite, deny. Squad invite... I just left it up. He starts KSing me.

Luckily he was in PK mode. I had one of my factionmates come, and he ran. That actually started a small multi-faction manhunt that resulted in that barb getting PKed several times.

It's because of that jerk that I go into 'Cleric Stealth Mode', by simply equipping a bow when not killing things, or healing my friends. :p I even use it every now and then to pull. b:chuckle

Anyway... I've got a character of every class except Psy and Barb. My Cleric is a Party build, and it's the most challenging class to play so far, unless I'm in a group. :p

ur post and sig makes so much sense, a few of the reason I deleted my cleric was too many idiots who demanded buffs and didnt even wait for me to be ready and then blame me for their loss(i am sorry clerics are so useless without mp, blame the devolepers). soon enough after 40+ lvls I deleted my cleric with frustation and anger.
    edited October 2010
    Options
    You got to 100 how by doing nothing but bhing it with hypers.?

@Missxcleric I understand your frustration like me as I am doing nothing but WQ atm due to time restraints but plan on getting back into bhs once I get to 78 or so.I want to get my mag a little higher without dieing.I hope to see you out there.

First of all, bhing with hypers would be the most stupid thing anyone would do.

Secondly, while there is some debate on whether bh learns you more than grinding, I can hardy believe that anyone would say that WQ teaches more than BH.

Last but not least, in case I didnt make clear in my post, what I wanted to say was:
    a)OP says that "I've now noticed that some people are extremely stupid"
    b)OP says that s/he noticed that by leveling a cleric to 7x and having some bad squads
    c)However, I think that this (some ppl are extremely stupid) is pretty obvious and you an realize that from everyday (irl) interactions.

Now, I can understand that the concept of rl interactions may be elusive to some
    and that my post was kinda arrogant but that's not reason to try to insult ppl by saying that they leveled up while they didn't "deserve" it. especially when you say in the same post that you plan to get 2 levels by flying around. It kinda proves my last post you know.

oh, and fyi, i did bh and i did hyper. however, looks like that I know about the use of evasion
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    it's painful to hear, but fail squads dont go away as you level b:cry

thanks to oracles/hypers, we have lvl 8X's and 9X's with the mindsets of a 5X/6X

it's guna happen. On my cleric, when im trying to calculate how many runs till I lvl, I always account for the exp loss from 2 squad wipes per 5 squads, because 2/5 of all barbs are fail.
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Fact: When a cleric fails, they can only fail hard. Even the noobiest DDs can still tank. It takes an even noobier cleric to make them die regardless.
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    it's painful to hear, but fail squads dont go away as you level b:cry

thanks to oracles/hypers, we have lvl 8X's and 9X's with the mindsets of a 5X/6X

it's guna happen. On my cleric, when im trying to calculate how many runs till I lvl, I always account for the exp loss from 2 squad wipes per 5 squads, because 2/5 of all barbs are fail.

Sounds like you fail if you get squad wiped that much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Sounds like you fail if you get squad wiped that much.

No. It's called "stupid DDs don't ****ing do their job and kill the ******n hands before they explode".

Why yes, I am bitter. This isn't that first time it's happened to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    FF is different to BHs...

If you die to hands in FF then yes, obviously it's someone else's fault.
    If you constantly die in BH like the person I was commenting on- then it's most likely the cleric's fault.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
    edited October 2010
    Options
    If you die to hands in FF then yes, obviously it's someone else's fault.

unless it was your task to kill the handsb:chuckle
  • ChaoticLove - Sanctuary
    ChaoticLove - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

What I meant was, when I played my veno I for the most part tried to avoid having to work with other players on stuff. But on my cleric I decided I would actually do BHs. So it seems now since I have to be paying attention to all of the things the others are doing. As well as myself, I now notice when people are being stupid and messing things up where I before never paid very much attention to this. Its what I meant :P b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If I'm insane, why does that matter?
    Making fun of me for being insane,
    is like me making fun of you for being normal.
    b:shutup

Veno 7x (Sanc.)
    Veno 5x (Harsh.)
    Cleric 4x (Sanc.)
    Cleric 3x (Sanc.)
    Bm 2x (Sanc.)
    Archer 2x (Sanc.)
    Psy. 1x (Sanc.)
    b:thanks
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I have a cleric. It is now up to 69. While playing her, I've now noticed that some people are extremely stupid. I'll give two examples and see if you have worse.

1: We were doing a BH 51 the first boss needed was Wyvern, everything went fine up until Wyvern. No deaths, we didn't aggro the other bosses. It all went fine, 'til we got to Wyvern. I had asked them to let me get two sparks since they wanted me to bb. I got my two sparks, squad buffed again and got my mp back. I then inched as close to Wyvern as possible without aggroing him and went to put bb up. Only problem was, the barb decided to run up and attack the boss. I had told him to wait 'til I said go. So he's attacking the boss and bb wasn't even casted yet. It was still a blue bar and not even halfway there. It then gets to orange just as he is at 1/3 of hp. Needless to say, he dies. After that wyvern goes through all of the members of the squad one at a time. I was last to die. So then I was sitting there, angry about my own exp loss watching them complain about theirs. Then I got told, by the barb, that I had no clue how to play a Cleric. After I walked all the way back with my slow cleric feet I got them all up, healed and buffed them. Then told them I would not do this again. As we were all out of the instance and about to leave squad the barb said, "Maybe I'll just go find a cleric who knows how to play". He left the squad and I whispered to him, "And maybe I'll find a barb who doesn't cause squad wipes, and knows to wait for bb to be casted"

Now tell me...do you get stuck with stupid people like this?

That sounds like a dumb move on your part for several reasons. First, if they barb had let you setup bb you'd have skill aggroed Wyvern since aggro from skills attracts mobs from a farther range from just walking. Sounds like the barb tried to save his cleric and got reamed for it.

Second, the reason the barb died so fast is Wyvern causes an amp debuff, something you can't purify if you're in bb, which is something a lvl 69 cleric should know.

I play all classes and have experienced it from both ends, and one thing I hear clerics say to my barb is "don't get me killed" but one thing I know as a cleric is really, I can only get myself killed most of the time. Things like heal aggro, or over DDing my tank or not stacking him quickly enough. Most situations are shared blame, and people get over sensitive about taking advice on "their class" from other.

Edit: wanted to at least add something helpful. What I do for setting up bb is stack my tank first while I'm at max range (out of aoe) then I IH myself once, run to my tank, and setup. Trying to predicit where the boss will be by setting up bb first usually doesn't work and either the tank has to then try to pull it to you or you have to cancel and move.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i play every class so im not trying to dis clerics thier actuly one of my fav class to play but i have a epic sotry of a fail cleric.

ok so when my fist bm was lvl 49

he has +2 2x beuatifl garent sting of thorns +2 4x beautiful cirtine heavy plate of phantom.
    lvl 44 -.5 interval bracers, sevants necklace, you know the works, best gear i could get.

i have tanked qingzi about 20+ times with this char once with the only cleric healing being a lvl 29 tabber.

bh 29 is by far my fav instance, i love doing it and i know it better than the back of my hand. i can solo this instance on this char other than the boss and could on almost ever char during thier bh 29 lvls

so im waiting at the start of the instance typing "EXPed Bm LF qingzi squad, I can tank"
    and i eventually get a sqaud. the sqaud fills and we start.

soon as i see the cleric i check her gear. lvl 41 lvl 20 stash wep, various peice of heavy, arcane, and light armor rangeing from lvls 1-25 or so.

this got me a bit worried, but hey i have tanked this with a lvbl 29 cleric b4 who also had stash wep this shouldnt be a problem. im also the highest lvl in the sqaud next highest being 45.

so i preety much solo the whole damn instance becuase no one else knows what they are doing and the while i notice the cleric isnt using ironheart i tell her to cast it on me after i got damaged.. i gain about 100 heath after the fulll duration... at this point ask.. the cleric...

what lvl ironheart do u have?

they respond.. "two"

umm ok... what heal skill did you lvl?
    cleircrespond "blessing of purhearted"

me: and the lvl?
    cleric: three

me: so your telling your a 41 cleric with random heavy- arcane armor 20 lvls below you lvl 20 stash wep and ur highest heal is lvl 3 pureheart?

cleric: yeah you got a problem with that?

me: umm i cant tank with THAT.

*you have been booted for sqaud*

me in common chat

"lol seriously?"

sqaud leader: next time dont lie about being able to tank...

you kicking ME, who soloing the whole freaking instance for this sqaud becuase i cant tank?

sqaud leader: yeah u said you could.

me: YEAH WITH A HALFWAY COMPETENT CLERIC.

60 second timer ends. and i dont hear from them again.

well thats the most recent epic fail sqaud i had. i wasnt the cleric in that particular one but it was still kinda about a cleric
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    b:shocked I must say I'd prolly use ironheart on the tank. Then whenever people lose HP use Chrono heal beams.
    __

Yeah I forgot the debuff, purify that on the tank first then worry for the other ones every other ironheart.
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • SorrowfulKia - Sanctuary
    SorrowfulKia - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    That sounds like a dumb move on your part for several reasons. First, if they barb had let you setup bb you'd have skill aggroed Wyvern since aggro from skills attracts mobs from a farther range from just walking. Sounds like the barb tried to save his cleric and got reamed for it.

Second, the reason the barb died so fast is Wyvern causes an amp debuff, something you can't purify if you're in bb, which is something a lvl 69 cleric should know.

I play all classes and have experienced it from both ends, and one thing I hear clerics say to my barb is "don't get me killed" but one thing I know as a cleric is really, I can only get myself killed most of the time. Things like heal aggro, or over DDing my tank or not stacking him quickly enough. Most situations are shared blame, and people get over sensitive about taking advice on "their class" from other.

Edit: wanted to at least add something helpful. What I do for setting up bb is stack my tank first while I'm at max range (out of aoe) then I IH myself once, run to my tank, and setup. Trying to predicit where the boss will be by setting up bb first usually doesn't work and either the tank has to then try to pull it to you or you have to cancel and move.

(Poster btw) Thing is,The squad wanted me to do bb. Which btw at that time how I got my two sparks was stacking the barb with ih o.o. so he was stacked when we went in. But anyways they all said for me to just bb. And back then I wanted to make my squad happy even if its not what I wanted. So I did. So, I did wat they asked :/ needless to say I don't bb at him anymore. I got tired of doing what they wanted and eventually just said no to bb :P so something good came out of it. EDIT: also I don't remember if I said this during the actual post since I was raging atm. Where I was was out of the aggro range. I'd set up bb to start channeling usually as the barb got close enough to attack. This way it was healing him by the time he got to attack it.
  • kairitaloka
    kairitaloka Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    "Now tell me...do you get stuck with stupid people like this?"

Peope REALLY can be stupid. I've experienced people not doing what theyre told, not knowing what the hell is going on, not knowing where theyre going and having to retrieve them (but even I've gotten hopelessly lost), not even watching theyre own HP, not talking to each other whatsoever, not buffing, not healing the right people, fighting instead of healing (omg what a fail cleric move), rushing into things and getting killed as a result, getting too close over and over again (not seeming to learn theyre lesson after dying 5 times), and people who just simply make the quest/run/whatever the hell you're doing a lot longer, harder and much less pleasant. Why cant people just LISTEN?
  • SoulPeace - Sanctuary
    SoulPeace - Sanctuary Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    From what I read I see that there's a serious issue about finding(Or pointing out),who's responsibility for a squad wipe.

From what I learned,I can put all the responsibility to me regardless of the skills of others in squad.How?,its simple.

The first thing to prevent a squad wipe is not to let the cleric die,and some times the only way to make this happen is to actually let everyone else dies,as simple as that.
    We clerics have to be very fast-minded,we have to realize if an unexpected situation is a potential disaster or if your squad can handle it,if not,just run back and res em when the chaos is over.

That's it,if you tried to save the squad when it was obviously you couldn't do a thing,squad wipe is partially your responsibility too.And yes its true sometimes you can't just predict disaster like tank getting dc while tanking a boss so you have to either known right on if someone else can tank it or if you're going to die,in that case If you can't handle the boss yourself,double holy path away while the boss is busy killing the others and you may save everyone(And you),from waiting while you walk all the way back,if Holy-pathing is not enough you may want try to use Holy Path+Town Portal hope you can do it in time,off course that's like you getting killed but at least you save your exp loss.

And yes off course,some times there's is nothing to do to avoid death.

So in the end,don't try to be a hero if you just can't,realize what you can do and what not b:bye
    <-- Signature Space -->
    Once upon a time...
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i can say that the game got pretty full of fools while i was away. i'm running into barbs even more regularly who think that just being in the party would make the mobs keep arrgo on him, that's level 70+ barbs. they just run around and attack, being a DD and seeing they don't use their skills, i have no chose but to stop firing every so often so i don't pull aggro, this results in the barb freaking out on me telling me to resume firing, wouldn't even listen to my explaination.

and don't get me started on the healing arro the clerics have to deal with in this kind of situation. the minute they stop, the barb dies, when the barb dies, and no other tank around, you can kiss the squad good bye. then said barb would QQ about the other members of the party not doing their jobs. it's one thing to say someone is making a mistake, but to never realize your own mistakes is just laughable. well the silver lining to this is i rarely die ^_^ i have good foresight and the minute i see things start to go downhill, i'm outta there:P on on ocation the tank was yelling at me cos he felt that since i was the only survivor, caused everyone to die, he thinks that if i was barraging, the boss/mobs would have died quickly.

so get ready for the stupidity train ppl like it our not, your gonna run into them sooner or later. it is because of this i perfer to have guild memebr help me since i know they know what they doing lol
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Rant time...

There's a certain genie skill I utterly detest. It's call Tai Chi. It speeds up the entire party...BUT it overrides HP regen buff every time it's used. So I have to redo HP/MP regen buff every single ****ing time it's used.

And if I ask them to stop using it? Lol NOOOO. 'Cause they don't ****ing have HOLY PATH. WTFWTFWTF. WHY DO YOU ****ING HAVE THAT **** SKILL IN THE FIRST PLACE? EVERYONE ELSE USES HOLY PATH. GET WITH THE ****ING PROGRAM.

Lets not get into being pked by the sin at the end of exp room even though I said I had to leave after because it's a ******n school night. Nope. Lets not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • SorrowfulKia - Sanctuary
    SorrowfulKia - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Rant time...

There's a certain genie skill I utterly detest. It's call Tai Chi. It speeds up the entire party...BUT it overrides HP regen buff every time it's used. So I have to redo HP/MP regen buff every single ****ing time it's used.

And if I ask them to stop using it? Lol NOOOO. 'Cause they don't ****ing have HOLY PATH. WTFWTFWTF. WHY DO YOU ****ING HAVE THAT **** SKILL IN THE FIRST PLACE? EVERYONE ELSE USES HOLY PATH. GET WITH THE ****ING PROGRAM.

Lets not get into being pked by the sin at the end of exp room even though I said I had to leave after because it's a ******n school night. Nope. Lets not.

Well there are a ton of things people do that make no sense. Like a cleric buffing right after the other has just buffed...drives me insane..Healing someone who isn't even getting hit o.o using purehearted at lvl 84, because u always thought ih was fail xD. (Just listing some things I see while in 2 cleric squads) a lot of people don't care wat it has a effect on. As long as they see it as helpful.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Rant time...

I don't have Holy Path. It's a waste of stamina. Nor do I have Tai Chi.

I do, however on the topic of Genies, have Rainbow Blessing, and that has destroyed my Chi stone stockpile. I kid you not. If someone is tanking and having a wee bit of trouble holding aggro, I poke them with Blessing whenever I can, and the extra crit rate (and sometimes other bonuses) can help them keep the aggro. BM, Sin, Barb, everyone I've used it on has liked it, so I kept and leveled the skill.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • _xXRoXaSXx_ - Heavens Tear
    _xXRoXaSXx_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    What's worse than barbs unable to keep aggro, are the DDs that steal it consistently and
    don't even slow down , then QQ when they get 1 shotted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jade_san - Dreamweaver
    Jade_san - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I had a psy, slaayer, do that to me. Okay we had 3 clerics for his fb69 all of us clerics were working everything fine, at the time I was broke and had little pots to spare, so I'm close to no mp so I go behind the last cleric who is the furtherest away to rest. So slaayer says "jade use pots." So me not one to get mad over that little thing so I whisper "I'm broke and I can't to use my pot besides we have 2 cleric doing a fine job right now." they weren't complaining either

So he goes on with it completely missing that I had just told him I was broke. So we continue after fb I'm not mad until he says "You need help for getting angry that quick and you can't take a joke."

So I ask "Oh I'm not mad if I was I would caps. But okay enlighten me, where was the joke?" I get no answer for the joke and he goes on "I know how it is to be a cleric i have a lvl 90 (or something)"

So I say "I've been a cleric for 75 lvls I know how to do my job"

slaayer says "Well I guess you don't cuz I need to tell you how to."

So I get pissed then, I wasn't mad through our whole chat upset more or less but I got pissed then and I said "That's it, blacklist bye"

And if he reads this whatever just a warning to all clerics let slaayer die if you squad with him because during the fb he wasn't even helping. Yeah the boss could wipe him out but after this chat with him I don't care.
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ^= Seems more like a miscommunication than a fail squad <_<

None the less, You seem a bit on edge and easily stepped on your toes about his comment.
    If you are so sure you did a good job and everyone lived, be the better man in this case and just leave it at that.
    If he wants to be smug about "telling a lvl 76 cleric how to do her job" then so be it.
    You'll have a satisfactory feeling he lives or dies when it comes to it.
    as you said it yourself, 2 clerics did a fine job. if he disagrees, then so be it.
    "The werent complaining either" He was complaining, so... your taking the words of 1 person to heart over those silent happy people that stayed alive ?
    Just saying :)
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
  • Jade_san - Dreamweaver
    Jade_san - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ^= Seems more like a miscommunication than a fail squad <_<

None the less, You seem a bit on edge and easily stepped on your toes about his comment.
    If you are so sure you did a good job and everyone lived, be the better man in this case and just leave it at that.
    If he wants to be smug about "telling a lvl 76 cleric how to do her job" then so be it.
    You'll have a satisfactory feeling he lives or dies when it comes to it.
    as you said it yourself, 2 clerics did a fine job. if he disagrees, then so be it.
    "The werent complaining either" He was complaining, so... your taking the words of 1 person to heart over those silent happy people that stayed alive ?
    Just saying :)

Well it wasn't miscommunication it was him being high and mighty and I'm not saying I don't get high and mighty either. And no it wasn't just that one comment it was all of it. He thought that I was angry when I wasn't and said I needed help with that. I can easily over look certain things but when it comes to people thinking I have a medical problem that's when I draw the line. I can look over the whole "I'm a higher lvl than you" cr'ap and ignoring the whole I don't really care your broke but medical nah-ah.
  • Fangxing - Heavens Tear
    Fangxing - Heavens Tear Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I've got something that might stupify you all.

I was in an FF squad, and during the run, when all the mobs were at shade, the barb would turn back into a human form.

He couldn't keep agro and he caused the wizard to die every single time we had a mob.

I told him, "You need to be in beast form to keep agro, you are the tank."

His reply, I kid you not, "I'm DD'ing so we'll be faster." I didn't reply, just said 'okay' just because I didn't exactly register what he had said at the time.

So we got to the women, and there was a near party wipe twice except for me. I obviously got on him about that again and told him that he needs to keep agro because he is the tank so we won't die. He replies something about the cooldown of roar, I believe, and I tell him about other barb skills for keeping agro. He says, "well, that requires chi". Note: I have been giving this moron chi for the entire run.

:|
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Now I know that PWE is ran by a bucket of monkeys on speed.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I've got something that might stupify you all.

I was in an FF squad, and during the run, when all the mobs were at shade, the barb would turn back into a human form.

He couldn't keep agro and he caused the wizard to die every single time we had a mob.

I told him, "You need to be in beast form to keep agro, you are the tank."

His reply, I kid you not, "I'm DD'ing so we'll be faster." I didn't reply, just said 'okay' just because I didn't exactly register what he had said at the time.

So we got to the women, and there was a near party wipe twice except for me. I obviously got on him about that again and told him that he needs to keep agro because he is the tank so we won't die. He replies something about the cooldown of roar, I believe, and I tell him about other barb skills for keeping agro. He says, "well, that requires chi". Note: I have been giving this moron chi for the entire run.

:|
    Not only is there also Alpha Male which he should be using, but if he's in human form using slam he's incredibly stupid.. I've seen barbs jump to human after pulling mag mobs and use slam. Few things besides this ever pissed me off more as a BM. I hate fail barbs.
  • Janalae - Sanctuary
    Janalae - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    a story of today as cleric about a cleric.

bh69. at pole/nob.
    3 clerics
    me one of them (81), a mid 80ish cleric doing the main heal job, me the support.
    last cleric a 89 (sage i think) who dd'ed all the time.

89 cleric too close to the boss, getting serious hits by the aoe.

89 cleric: "mr. heal me"

me: "but uhm...you are a cleric"

other cleric: " you got a point there lol"

then the 89 cleric started to heal himself sometimes with wellsrping.
    his hp was still most of the time at like 50%.

other cleric: "you wouldn't get hit that much when you would move abit further away"

89 cleric: *not moving a single step*

oh and yes ofcourse as the support i did squad heal when the whole squad got hits...but not only for this guy when only he got hit because he was too close to the boss...not healing himself when beeing a cleric.