How can a cleric be fail?

124»

Comments

• Grego - Raging Tide
    Grego - Raging Tide Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    That just sounds like your party failing and making it aoe a lot.

Yeah! You are right. I was stunned for a moment, then we continue with Calcid and Herc and ended well cz the other Barb left the squad by himself after Farren. So far, I've never spent a similar situation as a cleric. She could have kept alive my toon easily against Farren after all. Or she could tank Farren as well. And I don't really like to say to the ppl what to do because it doesn't always work.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    well, some ppl just call me fail cuz i like to rush things, way to used to play with pros(read as: people who know wth their job is).
    If your insisting your part of the pro then your contradicting yourself by not being able to adapt to a situation with pple of various playing lvls. If your not insisting, then your proclaiming you have good babysitters on you.
    Pro = adaption.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Pro = Being collective, organized, and precise...team players

Not "rushing, zurging, over expecting, leaving ones behind.
  • Anaina - Raging Tide
    Anaina - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Usually when they call you a fail it means there a fail. They need to put the blame on someone other than there selves so of course its always the cleric's fault.

I was in a bh69 the other day doing the pole and the sin died because he pulled aggro I was healing the barb and I was the only cleric. If I would have stopped to res him the barb could have died so I didn't chance it. So this dude was like WTF and left, I say his loss....he was the only one who died in the bh's that day and it was his fault.

Clerics Number 1 Job is to keep the barb alive!!!!
  • sergio500
    sergio500 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I see often:

- while tanking clerics waiting to your HP bar go half to start healing, and if you're charmed they even think they're doing a great job!!! b:chuckle

- poor clerics without enough mana potions and asking for them during BH runs! b:surrender
  • Kena_Larrain - Raging Tide
    Kena_Larrain - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Usually when they call you a fail it means there a fail. They need to put the blame on someone other than there selves so of course its always the cleric's fault.

I was in a bh69 the other day doing the pole and the sin died because he pulled aggro I was healing the barb and I was the only cleric. If I would have stopped to res him the barb could have died so I didn't chance it. So this dude was like WTF and left, I say his loss....he was the only one who died in the bh's that day and it was his fault.

Clerics Number 1 Job is to keep the barb alive!!!!

Most sins can take 2-3 hits, that's more than enough for a wellspring while tank regains aggro. Also, with a decent IH stack you can easily rez right after puri the tank. And a cleric's job is to keep the squad alive, ijs.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Also, with a decent IH stack you can easily rez right after puri the tank. And a cleric's job is to keep the squad alive, ijs.

This won't always work. I've seen squad wipes at pole a lot just because the cleric tried to res someone who died. If the barb doesn't have good HP or good armour and loses HP fast it's risky. Also if pole throws a debuff that moment it might turn into a squad wipe. Of course the cleric's magic attack matters a lot too but I'm just saying. Stopping healing the tank in order to res someone won't work always succesfully.

Luckily so far I had no such problem with my cleric at pole b:chuckle

EDIT: I forgot to add that indeed like Kena said a cleric's job is to keep the squad alive, that's why you are there after all. It's just that you have the priority, then the tank and then everyone else.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★