Animal Form

Options

Comments

• YordaUjain - Dreamweaver
    YordaUjain - Dreamweaver Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    So are dragons and tortoises. We have no dragon or tortoise barbs, do we? I mean, importance or not, common sense dictates that we're crossing the barrier of species, here. Wolves to the wolves, tigers to the tigers!

Or, at the very least, let me have bright purple fur >.>

Yeah but come on lets face it - Has anything we have suggested ever been considered or implanted? I doubt this will ever happen even if everyone in PWI voted yes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PLAYING PWI FOR FRIENDS (CHAT) ONLY, NO ZEN CHARGING, NO GAINING GEAR. MOVING TO GUILD WARS 2 UPON LAUNCH WITH FACTION.

Got Dot? Why Not? It PAYS! website.ws/tomujain
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    How about removing the panda/wolf etc..

No... Just no.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • crimsonw0lf
    crimsonw0lf Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    My vote is absolutely yes (I sound a judge in America's Got Talent. xD). When I can get this program downloaded once I get High Speed Internet in August, I would love for a Wolf Barbarian to be able to change into a Wolf animal form instead of from Wolf to...White Tiger, an odd, drastic, and inexplicable transformation, seriously. xP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    everyone is just waiting and crying for that one! b:cry
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
  • Nagee - Heavens Tear
    Nagee - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    It is not just a tiger.. It is a WHITE TIGER. Big difference...
    Well, I have commissioned someone to draw some concept art on a Lion, and hopefully a wolf if he has time to spare. But what concerns me, is that the person who contacted the GM, also mentioned venomancers to be included in the true form change.
    And right now, I have no clue on what kind of animal is suitable for them to change in. I haven't really considered venomancers, honestly, because they already have full customizations already while barbarians don't. From what I've read, people want venomancers to change into bats/deer/rabbit. I can't really see the concept design for this in the game. So I'm gonna focus on getting the barbs done.
    UNLESS, some ideas are set out here. Maybe they want the option to turn into something else. Like the suggestion I made a long time back about these true form things be manifested into items (like fashion).

As far as the concept art goes, it's just a flat hand drawn sketch, and I shall overlay it over a screenshot. Because honestly, they already have the forms. The green lion lord, I was honestly thinking of just cropping that mount out and minimizing it. But, I guess these sort of things need distinction, because they're players.
    But yeah, while it's being drawn, any ideas?

I fully support this idea...awesome! and how about other form for venos ...such as a black pather?? lol i know my veno would luv it. hehe b:pleased

oops dyslexia kicking in again lol pather=panther. hehe
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    *sigh* You stubborn people just... don't... get it.
    Has anything we have suggested ever been considered or implanted? I doubt this will ever happen even if everyone in PWI voted yes.

Not sure if I brought it up before but if the devs wanted untamed characters to have true forms, they would have been in the game from the very beginning. But were they added? No. Every PW player in the world can support this idea all they want and it won't do any good. Bottom line is the devs decide what goes in the game by their own choice, NOT THE PLAYERS. This will never change. It's their game, their rules and how THEY want it to be played.

You people are beating on a dead horse and it seriously needs to stop. Absolutely nothing any of you say or do will get them to do what you want. Period. Not even quitting the game will make any difference. That goes for ANY suggestion made on this forum. You're simply wasting your time offering it in the first place. It will be ignored just like all the rest.

Yeah yeah, I know. Some of you are thinking "Then why does the forum have a suggestion section to begin with?". I wish I knew why myself. But I do know it's a waste of forum space and should be removed.

The devs... don't... care. Accept it, get over it, move on.
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I can beat the skeletons of a dead horse if I want to. Despite the recent happenings, I still have a bit of faith. However, it's to never happen, it should at least be relocalized to "Tiger Form" instead of "True Form". This is something that MY-EN actually got right in their lingo or something. (For some reason I feel like I've said this before...)

Then again, consider this a bump with text filler.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • DarkGodessz - Lost City
    DarkGodessz - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Okay first off whats the point in putting a suggestion box if the freaking Devs never give a **** what we have to say -.- but i totally support this thread WAY TO GO! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rainlia- Lvl 51 Blademaster- Main
    DarkGodessz- Lvl 22 Assassin- Alt
    Rainlias- Lvl 22 Archer
    Rayneds- Lvl 26 Venomancer
    Rayned- Lvl 23 Cleric
  • Atramoria - Dreamweaver
    Atramoria - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    i was literally thinking the same last night x] and don't forget venos! i really want to be able to be a cat. i've got the cat char, not the fox... and it's just simple changes to the names of the skills, if even. i don't think we'd even care that much if that came later.
  • DarkGodessz - Lost City
    DarkGodessz - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    think we should all make our signature say SUPPORT THE NEW ANIMAL FORM POST XD :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rainlia- Lvl 51 Blademaster- Main
    DarkGodessz- Lvl 22 Assassin- Alt
    Rainlias- Lvl 22 Archer
    Rayneds- Lvl 26 Venomancer
    Rayned- Lvl 23 Cleric
  • SquirrelVeno - Lost City
    SquirrelVeno - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I have made a thread like this one.Also, could just remove the mastiff pets other head and move the other to the middle.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=798112
  • vengefulfury
    vengefulfury Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I totaly agree with this topic. When i first played as an Untamed i thought
    "wait i'm a wolf so why am i a tiger? I wish they'd have the correct animal for the respective humanoid form"

It would be much more realistic but i guess they'd have to make a new mesh/model for each form. They could still use the bones and rigging from the tiger though. I've worked a lot with 3D graphics (9 years to be exact) so it's really not that hard to do. In my estimation, minus coding, it'd take maybe 4 or 5 days, a week at the most, to model, texture and rig the 'biped' of the new model for use with previous animations, in this case, the tiger.
  • Dragonscare - Sanctuary
    Dragonscare - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    it would good indeed to turn into what we resemble if the barbs a panda they will be panda if wolfs/wolfs veno,s should be if bat why not an oriental dragon if not a giant walking bat and if not that well then a wolf also rabbits/rabbits cats/cats etc i totally agreed and will always agree with this argument b:cute and maybe one day they might say yes lets give it a go!
  • Tygurr - Sanctuary
    Tygurr - Sanctuary Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Somewhat retired from PWI, now playing Hellgate Global full time
  • Kalibur - Lost City
    Kalibur - Lost City Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    omg Another one jeez. ok. yes it would be cool, but think. all our stuff is from pw china. the tiger is a symbol of something for Chinese. not just some play toy

well its not Perfect World China rightb:shocked

Peerfect World International b:victory FTW

we should set examples to other Perfect Wolrd Versionb:angry

Lets be a step ahead Game Producers b:surrender
    Below is my Signature dont steal
    b:angry World Domination b:angry
  • Myai - Heavens Tear
    Myai - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    The fact the tiger and fox both have deep symbols in china, will probably mean they will never consider this - plus the fact the devs are lazy as hell anyway. Doesn't look like much hope.

How about removing the panda/wolf etc.. and giving some more customization options to the barbs?

Ok, this is like, necroing a post but whatever, this thread has had so many necros that this doesn't even make a dent in the number b:surrender

Removing the panda/wolf? I think that it'd be much more likely that they'd create true forms for all of the animals. Not because of the culture and symbolism, but because i'm fairly certain that all of the barbs that aren't tigers would rage quit, including some other people who would become outraged. Now, if the act alone of removing one of the very few customizations of the barb doesn't make tons of non-barb players quit, I'm fairly certain once there's only about 1/4 of the barb population left and it's even harder to find one for an FB/BH/TT/etc an even larger number of rage quitters would appear. It's hard to imagine a world where clerics aren't the hardest class to find...

YordaUjain, I'm not saying this to beat down what you said, I'm just posting this so that this is written/typed down just in case they actually start to consider removing the non-tiger barb forms. If in the very, very, very unlikely chance that they do this, I will be able to say "I told you so!" to PWE once they lose lots of players. b:chuckle

b:bye
  • szoundscape
    szoundscape Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I was pretty suprised when I found that my wolf barb changes to a lame white tiger, I was expecting some uber unique wolf thing ... what a shame. I cant believe people voted no, shame on you!!!! b:angryb:angryb:angry
  • Akage - Raging Tide
    Akage - Raging Tide Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    PWI, pretty please...with sugar on top?? It'd be so bad *** to have true forms runnin' around. I got an idea...instead of making new packs or items/mounts/etc. that are ruining the economy, give back to the players on what they want with this one. 'Tis a good idea ^^
  • GrimReaperHC - Dreamweaver
    GrimReaperHC - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,695 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Ultra necroed. No need to post in this thread again, it's has been around for so long that there is just no chance for the GMs not to saw it.
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Necro -.-....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • Pint - Dreamweaver
    Pint - Dreamweaver Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Yea this would be kinda neat I would think. Certainly seems like a lot of people are in favor of it.

My option would be like to see a new skill made available for barbs that would simply show fassion or whatever is easiest to make/develope for when in TRUE FORM you look like you should.

I'm still a fan of the white tigger but if there was an option for others that wanted would be nice.

Pint
  • Akage - Raging Tide
    edited September 2010
    Options
    don't ya love when ppl go around and post 'necro' for a reply? ffs...i find this an important thread, so i'll post on it ^^ necro trolls, please gtfo, tee hee.
  • GrimReaperHC - Dreamweaver
    GrimReaperHC - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,695 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Ultra necroed. No need to post in this thread again, it's has been around for so long that there is just no chance for the GMs not to saw it.

That means, mate, that the GMs 100 % saw this thread, and necroing it wont help. So at the moment I`m /inb4lock b:bye
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Sweet pea this isnt trolling, this is helping to moderate the forums to make our mods job a bit easier. I suggest you learn your interwebz vocabulary before you start using those words :)

• Noskrad - Heavens Tear
    Noskrad - Heavens Tear Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I agree : )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination. X3
  • Ravewyn - Harshlands
    Ravewyn - Harshlands Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Ok ok, got to get the jitters out to tell a excperience....me and my mom one day were cooking dinner for the family, while she was cooking something and i was getting something out of a fridge, i came up with a sudden discussion "you know how Pwi has fox form for veno's and tiger from for barbs? why cant they make it to where you can choose witch form you get at lvl 9?" she thought for a moment, i spoke "well at lvl 9, they can have it to where a quest item from the spirit quest can be a special scroll for veno's and barb's to where they can take it to the cosmetic master and they can custimize their own from and get to choose what it is. I mean that you can switch it around too and have it too where there are a from in the selections amoung the character you choose (you got the tiger,wolf,panda,and lion for barbs, and for venos its a bat,cat,antelope,bunny,and fox, thats what i mean) well we carried on our discussion, for each from like the wolf, there can be like 4 choices amoung the class, you can have a wolf form, mabey other dogs that i cant think of right now. or for a cat veno for instance, you can stick with the fox form and have like 3 other choices, a panther form, leopard form, cheetah form, and mabey a tiger form for venos.....well i wouldnt know about anything else but the varitey amoung the untamed form wise might be exshuasting to comeplete but it would make the game a little more intresting xD (btw please correct me on some stuff or ask me about something if i didnt make sense)
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Holy lack of punctuation...geez. Couldn't read past halfway through.

EDIT: AND...this thread is UBER-NECRO'ED, as this is the second time it has been necro'ed since creation. Yay for not following forum rules!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Akage - Raging Tide
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Sweet pea this isnt trolling, this is helping to moderate the forums to make our mods job a bit easier. I suggest you learn your interwebz vocabulary before you start using those words :)

lmfao, are you a mod? didn't think so, let the mods do their jobs, and in turn, you can do yours :) indeed this is a necro'd thread, but aren't you contradicting yourself by posting 'necro' in the thread that's necro'd? ijs...b:surrender and does it matter? imo, this is an important thread, and i believe many other people do as well. so please, stop being a wannabe mod, in turn you can maybe finish some quests? or maybe read a book? b:chuckle
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Holy **** I remember working on this thread o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010
    Options
    No I am not a mod, nor am I a wannabe. I have too much on my hands with my child to do that volunteer work. But, helping out the mods is not a bad thing. When they go through the threads, and they see the word 'necro' it's simple as 1-2-3-ish... Comment (if they want)- lock- lower depth. It doesnt hurt to help them out. And this thread is far from important, sorry. It's died twice for a reason. Dead topic is dead. They mods have seen this as I'm sure they've sent it to the devs, but they aren't going to implement this. Sorry to burst your bubble.

This discussion has been closed.