Animal Form

Comments

• Calanon - Heavens Tear
    Calanon - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    My character would be weird, though, if they matched venos with their animal counterparts. I'm a batwing-eared, demon-tailed veno.

You'd look like a little demon/bat/dragon-thing? O_o;;
    (random guess xD)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Rawr. =3

VOTE for True Forms! b:victory
    >> pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=459842 <<

Imperfect World Series: tinyurl.com/29a4b7v
    Join NOM! PM Me on the PW Forums or in-game for info!
  • YordaUjain - Dreamweaver
    YordaUjain - Dreamweaver Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    My point is, the game isn't ruled by mythology, it's also ruled by what gaming/gamers need. Like, you couldn't just ban the wood element from players since there are no East starter cities. And we couldn't all be riding on only giant tortoises, white tigers, red birds and dragons. I'm also certain that the reindeer have nothing to do with their culture/mythology, deer yes, reindeer no. Including polar bears, panthers, DINOSAURS(raptor ride and Archosaur), Hell Hounds, giant flying swords, mantas, fish people, elves, blood thirsty monsters, gothic clothes, punk clothes, swimsuits, vampire clothes, the western(aka: American, English, French, Italian, German, etc) dresses.

Regardless of 300 to 300,000 people agreeing with us. We won't get anywhere, which I think his a huge let down. the "this is our culture" **** is highly flawed so don't throw that at us. This is obviously a very popular feature the players want, all I can say is I'm disappointed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PLAYING PWI FOR FRIENDS (CHAT) ONLY, NO ZEN CHARGING, NO GAINING GEAR. MOVING TO GUILD WARS 2 UPON LAUNCH WITH FACTION.

Got Dot? Why Not? It PAYS! website.ws/tomujain
  • Khalfani - Harshlands
    Khalfani - Harshlands Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Rawr!
    Well, this thread blew up since I last checked, great support from loads of people. Thread bump btw. Dev's, it's about time you took notice of this and the other thread in the Barbarian forums. Get it doone!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=459842
    edited April 2010
    Rawr!
    Well, this thread blew up since I last checked, great support from loads of people. Thread bump btw. Dev's, it's about time you took notice of this and the other thread in the Barbarian forums. Get it doone!

I have created a petition here: www.true-form.co.cc Anyone is welcome to sign it, might be a good idea to send it to people on your server in world chat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PLAYING PWI FOR FRIENDS (CHAT) ONLY, NO ZEN CHARGING, NO GAINING GEAR. MOVING TO GUILD WARS 2 UPON LAUNCH WITH FACTION.

edited April 2010
    Bumping this again. If you guys can sign that petition that would be great.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Wolfsfang - Dreamweaver
    Wolfsfang - Dreamweaver Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i i signed it >:3
    GRAPHICS AND MOTION DESIGNER
    edited April 2010
    i i signed it >:3

Thank you :)

As I said here

Thanks for your support guys. I will be sending the petition to the devs in china once I hit around 20k people (at least) . It would be great if you could get your friends/faction to sign. Thanks again for your support guys it's appropriated.

I also have a friend playing that version of the game, and am hoping to get leads from him on this matter. I'll keep you posted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Mingan - Raging Tide
    Mingan - Raging Tide Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Thank you :)

As I said here

Thanks for your support guys. I will be sending the petition to the devs in china once I hit around 20k people (at least) . It would be great if you could get your friends/faction to sign. Thanks again for your support guys it's appropriated.

I also have a friend playing that version of the game, and am hoping to get leads from him on this matter. I'll keep you posted.
    signed. :)

I want a white wolf <.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oh sweet insanity...
    edited April 2010
    I have created a petition here: www.true-form.co.cc Anyone is welcome to sign it, might be a good idea to send it to people on your server in world chat.

Only 28 people who signed so far... I'm aiming for at least 20k. If you guys can find anyone in your faction/friends list or in world who would be interested in this, PLEASE get them to sign it.

the address is: www.true-form.co.cc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I hope PW NEVER, EVER, changes the untammed race, including the true form. It is one of the few things in the game that retains a direct link to chinese history and mythology.

True form is a white tiger because the white tiger is the king of all animals. Is the strongest and most powerful, and it would guard the graves of noble heroic generals. In times of war, the white tiger would help the armies against their enemies.

The fox is the the true form for venos (the name veno is a misstranslation, same as barbarian) because that is what they were. Beautiful women that preyed on lonely travelers souls, and were able to talk with other animals. When they were not in the human form as a beautiful young woman, they would turn into foxes and disapear into the forest.

Please, leave the untammed alone. Go find some other cause to fight for, like having PW fix the bugs.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • hawkman007x
    hawkman007x Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    You'd look like a little demon/bat/dragon-thing? O_o;;
    (random guess xD)

no i've seen these veno and they only look like succubuses
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    To repeat what I mentioned in Yorda's own topic about this...
    You actually think a petition will do any good? Guess what... it won't. Every single person playing this game could sign that but it won't change anything. If the devs wanted untamed to have "true forms" as you put it, they would have set it up that way from the very beginning. But they didn't. So just deal with it and move on.
  • Mingan - Raging Tide
    Mingan - Raging Tide Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    we are degrading Kirins to mounts and killing holy dragons in PW. So why not?
    Chinese mythology in honor, but for example a panda who turns into a tiger is just... illogical
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oh sweet insanity...
  • Calanon - Heavens Tear
    Calanon - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I really dont understand why some of you guys are freaking out about this anyways >:/
    If you don't like the idea then why even say anything?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Rawr. =3

VOTE for True Forms! b:victory
    >> pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=459842 <<

Imperfect World Series: tinyurl.com/29a4b7v
    Join NOM! PM Me on the PW Forums or in-game for info!
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    <~~Is now a wizard who signed the petition

Now, time to get a veno to tame a Wolf Barb for me ^.^
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2010
    I hope PW NEVER, EVER, changes the untammed race, including the true form. It is one of the few things in the game that retains a direct link to chinese history and mythology.

True form is a white tiger because the white tiger is the king of all animals. Is the strongest and most powerful, and it would guard the graves of noble heroic generals. In times of war, the white tiger would help the armies against their enemies.

The fox is the the true form for venos (the name veno is a misstranslation, same as barbarian) because that is what they were. Beautiful women that preyed on lonely travelers souls, and were able to talk with other animals. When they were not in the human form as a beautiful young woman, they would turn into foxes and disapear into the forest.

Please, leave the untammed alone. Go find some other cause to fight for, like having PW fix the bugs.

This, although I do agree with you. It is not like we are removing the white tiger, just adding to it.
    Ok, two things I caught in that text: 1)Kirin? So what, the giant Kirin rides we have are what? Dragons, right? So if their white tigers where so important, then why are the Kirins dragons instead? 2)Metal? So if the tigers should have the metal element, then why is it that the winged elves have this element instead? Shouldn't the winged elves be associated with the fire element since they fly and so do phoenixes, which are also the holders of the South? And then shouldn't humans be water since they live in the North? Players shouldn't even have the wood element then, since Archosaur is in the East and there are no starter cities there. Oh, and now with the Tideborns, shouldn't THEY be fire since they now hold the South or something?

My point is, the game isn't ruled by mythology, it's also ruled by what gaming/gamers need. Like, you couldn't just ban the wood element from players since there are no East starter cities. And we couldn't all be riding on only giant tortoises, white tigers, red birds and dragons. I'm also certain that the reindeer have nothing to do with their culture/mythology, deer yes, reindeer no. Including polar bears, panthers, DINOSAURS(raptor ride and Archosaur), Hell Hounds, giant flying swords, mantas, fish people, elves, blood thirsty monsters, gothic clothes, punk clothes, swimsuits, vampire clothes, the western(aka: American, English, French, Italian, German, etc) dresses.

And of course, the basic teachings of Buddhism, where you're taught to not be obsessive with earning material things *cough*money*cough*, and also how you're supposed to always take other people's ideas into consideration. Not to mention that the whole point of the game runs down a big teaching in their culture: pacifism. If you don't know what that means, google it. the whole point of this game is to kill monsters and become stronger right? Ask any real Buddhist and he'd tell you that killing this is against their religion/culture(like most), let alone killing to gain personal things.

In the end, this giant speech that wasn't meant to be this big, is summed down to this: If they've twisted the culture/mythology this much already, then it wouldn't hurt to change it a little more, especially if this twisting it bringing in just a little more of the mythology. Wolves, rabbits, pandas, deer, lions, and cats are all part of the ancient Chinese mythology. If you've brought in a small part of the animal part of their mythology, then you should bring it all in
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Myai - Heavens Tear
    Myai - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    *shameless bump* b:surrender
  • Belzeber - Raging Tide
    Belzeber - Raging Tide Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Im all for this b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Awesome signature by Bellefleurs <3
    "Any tree can drop an apple. I'll drop the freakin' moon!"
    "Any voice can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart!"

pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1335981

Bring Toonami back to Cartoon Network! Show your support!
  • Leaderwolf - Lost City
    Leaderwolf - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I hope they do anything with this soon... I would appreciate it with a great thanks
    Helper of lower levels
    Player kills only other red or pink player killers
  • Khalfani - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    Bump
    /10char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • icecactus
    icecactus Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I like this idea. If all the forms were white, I'd make a lion and be ~

kimbaimage4.jpg

Kimba! :3
  • Belzeber - Raging Tide
    Belzeber - Raging Tide Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    cmon...you cant ignore this many people...

just b:surrender already b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Awesome signature by Bellefleurs <3
    "Any tree can drop an apple. I'll drop the freakin' moon!"
    "Any voice can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart!"

pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1335981

Bring Toonami back to Cartoon Network! Show your support!
  • Khalfani - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    Bump.
    10k+ views on this thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GoldTiger - Dreamweaver
    GoldTiger - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    only thing i want is:

not:

Tiger
    Lion
    to transfer into same White tiger!
    Panda
    Wolf

i want:
    Tiger --> White Tiger
    Wolf --> Wolf (Black, Red, Green no matters color)
    Panda --> Grzily bear
    Lion will be best into lion =)
    PWI
    DW - Server
    GoldTiger - LV 100
    Faction: ReMiX
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    XChrono - Sanctuary Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    WOW I sat down and read the entire thread.
    Also there was a person with game design and stuff skills willing to do design and 3d model stuff. I would of qouted it but too lazy to find that again b:surrender.
    But i keep up the support people, I have a feeling that this will be implemented at some point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • Myai - Heavens Tear
    Myai - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    *ACHOO*

Shameless Bump for the awesome thread...
    b:surrender
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    wonder if they want to wait until 3000ppl supply this thread, and then make a official announcment, sorry we still will not change it b:angry
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Bumping this for justice. b:surrender
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
    edited June 2010
    The fact the tiger and fox both have deep symbols in china, will probably mean they will never consider this - plus the fact the devs are lazy as hell anyway. Doesn't look like much hope.

How about removing the panda/wolf etc.. and giving some more customization options to the barbs?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Firesong - Dreamweaver
    Firesong - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    So are dragons and tortoises. We have no dragon or tortoise barbs, do we? I mean, importance or not, common sense dictates that we're crossing the barrier of species, here. Wolves to the wolves, tigers to the tigers!

Or, at the very least, let me have bright purple fur >.>
This discussion has been closed.