Proof that Lost City has a Heart

Options

Comments

• ChaseyLain - Lost City
    ChaseyLain - Lost City Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    All I have to say is condolences to his family and those who TRULY knew him. That being said when you make a big deal of someones death in a online environment you will always get trolls and griefers. Online games are not the place to talk about IRL death and make a big show out of it.

Here is past proof of what happens when people try in game tributes to a dead friend/guild member.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_og14JAlBk

All you oldschool gamers have probably already seen this video before.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Majority of the replies in this thread made me wonder why Eugenics is still not in action today.

So unfortunate....
    Blame religion and how politically correct we have forced to become.

^(o.o)
    this

Also because humans not really smart enough to handle even a science as simple as that properly.
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ignation - Lost City
    Ignation - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I'd have to disagree with that, not that I condone what you said that I didn't quote.

Becoming too emotionally attached to your monitor, taking internet way too seriously = being holed up in a dark room interacting with the computer too much. Death is a tragic thing, but a lot of people who play MMOs are internet junkies in the first place and have other bigger issues then what happens on the other side of a screen to someone they'll never really know or never really meet and thinking anything they say or do will actually have an impact on the tragedy. Then again, I wasn't born or raised on the internet, so my views may be different than someone who got their first instant messenger ID when they were like 6 or something and view everything happening in their mmo or chat screen to be real life.

I know what you mean.
    But what I said still applies, just because there is a screen between two people, does not give someone the right to be a jackass.
    And that's what trolls are, too much time spent on their monitors, that they think they are the "gods" of anything they come in contact with.
    Therefore, they try their hardest to make someone rage.
    I don't rage because someone trolled me, I rage because of how the person is interacting with me.

Think what you think, say what you say, but imo, it is a person behind that screen talking to me, not a robot.
    To have the guts, to mock someones death is just showing me that person is like you said, can't know the difference between reality and pixels.
    I don't know if this makes sense but, I still think someone should have the decency to act as he acts irl. Like I said, just because you're behind a screen doesn't give you the right, or justify acting like a complete tool.
    "It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause, who at best knows achievement and who at the worst if he fails at least fails while daring greatly so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."
  • rukhmath
    rukhmath Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    This is just shows how bad Spectral WBs are. They don't know when to turtle. :/

Good Pervs. Keep it up. Get all your Like-minded friends in essence to post somemore jokes about W.J's death too.
    Don't stop k? You're so cool. Such a rebel! Such a Non-conformist! So cool.......on the net.b:surrender

Anyway, i mean it. Don't stop. Keep showing your true-selves and your wonderfull opinions to everyone.b:bye
    No need for quotes anymore. Lost City's eyes are wide open now. Thank god!b:victory
  • Bictor - Lost City
    Bictor - Lost City Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    rukhmath wrote: »
    Good Pervs. Keep it up. Get all your Like-minded friends in essence to post somemore jokes about W.J's death too.
    Don't stop k? You're so cool. Such a rebel! Such a Non-conformist! So cool.......on the net.b:surrender

Anyway, i mean it. Don't stop. Keep showing your true-selves and your wonderfull opinions to everyone.b:bye

Just like rukhmath, Pervs is running a political party in Lost City, so reputation in a pixelated world is a matter of life and death. It is serious business to have pw players think positive of you, so you must have honor in this online game, you don't want someone sitting behind a screen 100 miles from you that will never affect your life in anyway to think badly of you, right?
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Here is past proof of what happens when people try in game tributes to a dead friend/guild member.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_og14JAlBk

All you oldschool gamers have probably already seen this video before.

******n alliance. b:surrender
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Breadbun - Lost City
    Breadbun - Lost City Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    People need to realise as previously stated, your not talking to a monitor when your in vent or typing in game, on MSN, skype or whatever tools of communications you prefer. You are instead talking a real living being (unless it's one of them A.I bots the spam Skype etc).

You don't have to physically touch someone, or meet them in real life to show compassion, empathy, sympathy, respect and other such emotions. This is because when you talk to someone, you get to know their personality, in real life and over the internet. So it doesn't make the any difference whether people knew him in person or not, people knew who HE was, they became HIS friend and wanted to pay their respects to him and his family. Who knows if they can and can't read what's been put. It's quite tragic that people have been reduced to such social outcasts, that they've forgotten what some of the most basic emotions.

It just shows the fact that the people who troll this, are probably 15 year old kids who come home from school log on the internet/game and sit infront of their computer for hours on end. Probably because they lack any real attributes in their personality to gain friends. Most likely get bullied in school, and will end up like this by the time their 40:

http://img.skitch.com/20080625-pkqd22y7wtrefbu2nycwcputuy.preview.jpg

And the responses to the world chats, and this thread clearly show that people are really lacking in their personality. And the people who probably find these types of jokes funny are suck ups and other similar social rejects.

And with that, I'm off to get drunk :D
  • Pervs - Lost City
    Pervs - Lost City Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    rukhmath wrote: »

My E-cred > Some random dead guy.

Also, R.I.P oOuTpOo's CV Nirvana chest and CV neck. You will be missed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    Options
    My E-peen > Some random dead guy.

b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • ohmybad
    ohmybad Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    plz lock dis thread
  • TheGuard - Lost City
    TheGuard - Lost City Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ^^ stupid **** BR
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    Vorhs - Lost City Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    No Respect for you Pervs and to everyone who laughed about this.
    Just no respect.

If no actions can be taken against those persons, the only thing we can do is ignore them, trust me, they dont need all this attention.

Even a rat in a sewer has more importance than them.

Sorry maybe for reposting in this "old" thread, but i had to express my disgust.
    If you happy wanna be, against the wind you won't have to pee.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Trouble - Raging Tide
    Trouble - Raging Tide Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I feel sorry to hear the loss of a good player and more importantly, a very good person.
    You will have an awesome life in the next birth Wofl ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lost city character: Anirudh - Barbarian - 88
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    For the most part me and wofl never really got along but sad to hear he kicked the bucket regardless of My feelings towards him ingame. Bye wofl ol' boy. :(

EDIT: how did ya find out he died?
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
  • Rirai - Lost City
    Rirai - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    keep it simple and short, a rip wolf will do. Nxt time dont get too attached to a game cuz in the end ure the only one tht will get hurt b:bye rip dood.
  • Xtacy - Lost City
    Xtacy - Lost City Posts: 1,281 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Lol people die everyday people. Sure it is a tragic thing but in the end it's part of life. If you're able to type you have the knowledge of knowing that this is an everyday thing. I thought I'd share my input with you people making it a big deal.

Anyway, hopefully he lived his life the way he wanted at the same time keeping up with God. Rest in peace, sir I do not know. (I know I'm late :D)
    Conqueror
    Kamisama
    Instinct

I guess I don't choose different paths b:shutup
  • Etaerc - Lost City
    Etaerc - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Lol people die everyday people. Sure it is a tragic thing but in the end it's part of life. If you're able to type you have the knowledge of knowing that this is an everyday thing. I thought I'd share my input with you people making it a big deal.

Anyway, hopefully he lived his life the way he wanted at the same time keeping up with God. Rest in peace, sir I do not know. (I know I'm late :D)

That's kinda one-sided X, if someone you knew died I'm sure you wouldn't just think of it as an every day deal. Sure people should have known it is the internet and you have to have somewhat think skin to deal with the people who are dicks behind monitors but I don't think anyone made it a big deal about his death. Most people payed their respects to wolf and maybe had a catshop at west but no one was looking for sympathy. For people who only knew him inside of the game there isn't any other way to bid farewell. I'm not sure about you but if you have had a close friend die you always feel empathy to the family and friends of the deceased - it's a part of life but so is grief.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Etaerc - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Options
    squab wrote: »
    if devoted died irl I'd actually feel sad
    I'm pathetic

It's because the world would just be less awesome D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    Options
    It's because the world would just be less awesome D:

But teh world rolls on.
    b:avoid
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xtacy - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Options
    That's kinda one-sided X, if someone you knew died I'm sure you wouldn't just think of it as an every day deal. Sure people should have known it is the internet and you have to have somewhat think skin to deal with the people who are dicks behind monitors but I don't think anyone made it a big deal about his death. Most people payed their respects to wolf and maybe had a catshop at west but no one was looking for sympathy. For people who only knew him inside of the game there isn't any other way to bid farewell. I'm not sure about you but if you have had a close friend die you always feel empathy to the family and friends of the deceased - it's a part of life but so is grief.

That's not true one bit. I've had many friends and family die during my life time and have thought of it as another day in this world we were placed on. Please don't act like you know what kind of person I am.
    Conqueror
    Kamisama
    Instinct

• Rhyme - Harshlands
    Rhyme - Harshlands Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Hell, if i died and people said things like;

Should've used stone barrier

Should have slept the car before it got close

Should've used a res scroll

Oh shiit did he have a doll? What did he drop?

I would be chilling in hell/heaven/Valhalla/Afterlife/ laughing my **** off.

but more than likely i would be Rotting in a coffin because all religions are bull shiit.
  • Etaerc - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Options
    That's not true one bit. I've had many friends and family die during my life time and have thought of it as another day in this world we were placed on. Please don't act like you know what kind of person I am.

And please don't act like you know what kind of person every one else is. The death of a friend isn't an every day thing. If you are affected by the news of a close friends death the same way you are affected when you find your cat **** on the carpet you either a) had a terrible relationship with that person and could careless they aren't apart of your life anymore or b) are trying to act way too hardass.

It seems as if your outlook of people dying is an every day thing is just an escapism from grief. But what would I know? It's not my job or anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Hell, if i died and people said things like;

Should've used stone barrier

Should have slept the car before it got close

Should've used a res scroll

Oh shiit did he have a doll? What did he drop?

I would be chilling in hell/heaven/Valhalla/Afterlife/ laughing my **** off.

but more than likely i would be Rotting in a coffin because all religions are bull shiit.

Dun dun dun!
    Also me tried looting Rhyme, all he dropped was a pair of shoes.
    b:sad
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xtacy - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Options
    And please don't act like you know what kind of person every one else is. The death of a friend isn't an every day thing. If you are affected by the news of a close friends death the same way you are affected when you find your cat **** on the carpet you either a) had a terrible relationship with that person and could careless they aren't apart of your life anymore or b) are trying to act way too hardass.

It seems as if your outlook of people dying is an every day thing is just an escapism from grief. But what would I know? It's not my job or anything.

The fact that you think my personality is "hardass" is a +1 for you. That doesn't excuse the fact that this specific person is no better than anyone else. He dies, they die, we all eventually die. It's inevitable but the best we can do is not cry about it for the rest of our lives.

If we cried for every being that passed, we'd be crying at this very second. I don't care to know how others are like and even with that being said I know every personality this world has to offer. Even your pathetic one.

Rhyme, I must agree with you aside from the religious part of your comment. I would laugh at it aswell seeing as it's a Perfect World humor. It's not negative of them to think that way. You idiots making it a big deal make it sound like you HAVE to be sad in order for you to show how you care about a situation. Unfortunately, that is dead ****ing wrong. Get over yourselves because you saying "Those guys were jerks" for doing it makes you no better than them still.

**** bags...
    Conqueror
    Kamisama
    Instinct

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Xtacy -

Your thinking works for you based on your belief system. Which if i remember correctly states death as an unconscious state for all people. That an unconscious state will only be "lifted" when the second coming happens, meaning until that time there is no Heaven or Hell as some do believe.

Now....not to get into a religious discussion, however...each individual will think how they want and deal how they want with death.

Who is it to tell one person HOW they should or shouldn't deal?

^ This is the issue. EVERYONE should have kept their mouths shut and let things be. Let those mourn how they want to mourn and let those who do not like it keep their mouths shut for once in the history of LC.

Arguing with each other on something such as death will go no where considering everyone will believe as they will and believe what do do based on a number of things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I know every personality this world has to offer. Even your pathetic one.

You are pretty good at this thing I like to call hypocrisy, I must not act like I know the kind of person you are yet you seem to be incapable of practicing what you preach.

No one has to cry over the death of someone close to you and if your belief is that you will see that person again in some sort of afterlife I'm sure it makes the sadness much easier to suppress. For people with no religion or belief in the afterlife the notion your spouse/parent/child/best friend not being apart of your life ever again usually makes them sad.

While making fun of the deceased is wrong, no one is making as big of deal as you are making it out to be. As rose said, everyone's view of death is subjective, just like many things around in the world, and the majority of beliefs bring a sad and happy part to death. The sad part is usually displayed in mourning and a funeral/memorial to celebrate that person's life. The people who make fun of the deceased only do so behind the safety of their monitor where they can say anything they want with reasonable anonymity. Again, the opinion of if people took it too far is simply an opinion and when you try to belittle people's opinion you start portraying the image of a ****.

Odd why you don't see people trolling the friends of the deceased in real life yet it's so prevalent on the internet.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    When I die I want to be taxidermied in the position you see stuffed bears in- standing with the arms raised, you know, and kept in someone's living room.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • SkullCrusher - Lost City
    SkullCrusher - Lost City Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    xtacy i bet u didnt laugh when hitler wiped ur family tree back in the old daysb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:cry
  • SkullCrusher - Lost City
    SkullCrusher - Lost City Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    My E-cred > Some random dead guy.

Have you considered suing your brains for non-support?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:cry