Proof that Lost City has a Heart

Moranine - Lost City
Moranine - Lost City Posts: 319 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Twilight Temple (West)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Moranine - Lost City on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Why tags over ones head means nothing unless in TW or Mass PvP....

An amazing and well-deserved tribute!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Thread reeks of h0mo.

Oh wait, that's just cause I'm in the screenshot.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    That is really heart-warming and shattering at the same time.

Great job ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Moranine - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    The white spot was edited about because Lorsis is a ***.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    The white spot was edited about because Lorsis is a ***.

Like that's a shocker -.-

Zzzzzz.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • ohmybad
    ohmybad Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    nice 1 guyz
  • Devlinne - Lost City
    Devlinne - Lost City Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Thanks Moranine. Really from the heart, Thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A GOAT always THINKS it's a lion......untill it meets a REAL LION!!!!!
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    That is really heart-warming and shattering at the same time.

Great job ^^

This entirely. I didn't know him much at all, but I still feel a profound sense of loss.

Rest in peace Wolf.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheImmortal - Lost City
    TheImmortal - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    In the end it counts that people are showing humanity and condolence to proof that a human life is worth a lot. Even though I didn't know him, just wrote with him once or twice. I am sorry for his family and friends who lost him suddenly in an accident. Whoever makes fun of that ain't worth being called a human, cause humans have emotions and aren't supposed to feel nothing or hate. Rest In Peace Wofl
    And as I already said yesterday: Hold up the fire and guide his soul.
  • Dezra - Lost City
    Dezra - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Like this..

Thumbnail:
    WolfieMemThumb.png
    Full-size Image:
    http://photos.whiteroseorder.org/WolfieMemorial.bmp

sans Lorsis.. but Ralan did pk me while I was getting that shot.. Just managed to get a good one before he was in my face.. Next time people act like humans instead of animals and show some respect for others in their grief.. Because next time it might be you, and how would you feel if someone laughed at your grief over your mother, or father, or sibling, or best friend..

Moranine, there's just a few total boneheads on this server, that really give it the heartless rep.. There's alot of great people here, and its sad we just lost one of them..
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Its always a big tragedy when a young person dies so condolences to his family and rest in peace Wolf.

But this is a rather problematic situation. Does his family and real life friend/loves ones want people in a video game to tribute him in-game and on forums? Would he have wanted that?

Its not Woflmanjack that died its the guy that created/played that character and i doubt most people even knew his real name.

His family might not even know he played PWI and if they would see all this it might make them more sad/upset - specially with all the heartless idiots it attracts that makes fun and creates drama over the tribute.

So i understand why treads are getting closed b:surrender.
  • Wadzio - Lost City
    Wadzio - Lost City Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I would like to thanks all of ppl that showed up yesterday for that little tribute. I appreciate the great attitude of most of the players, specially Spectral's enemies. Ofc there are some silly exceptions like Lorsis, Amour, NyKage or Pervs, but this is how it is... One day it will come to them... Jack was a rly great man, he was not that young tho... pretty positive, always making ppl laugh on vent and his "hola" and "leeerooooyyy jenkinssss" screams on vent is what I will miss the most.

His RL family knows he was playing PWI, but ofc they wont go into forums now and check what is written abt him now.

I hope You are in better place now, bro. Rest in peace.
    Because size really MATTERS!!!
  • FateBlade - Lost City
    FateBlade - Lost City Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Nice SS, but sad...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I would like to thanks all of ppl that showed up yesterday for that little tribute. I appreciate the great attitude of most of the players, specially Spectral's enemies. Ofc there are some silly exceptions like Lorsis, Amour, NyKage or Pervs, but this is how it is... One day it will come to them... Jack was a rly great man, he was not that young tho... pretty positive, always making ppl laugh on vent and his "hola" and "leeerooooyyy jenkinssss" screams on vent is what I will miss the most.

His RL family knows he was playing PWI, but ofc they wont go into forums now and check what is written abt him now.

I hope You are in better place now, bro. Rest in peace.

Personally i paid my respects. I don't know the dude irl or in game but its never a good thing when someone dies.

Now to the 4 you mentioned they werent making fun of the fact that the guy died. No one is doing that and no one is happy he died, its a sad thing. They were just pointing out that there were many on that wall that had Woflman never been in spectral wouldnt have given a **** about him and therefore would not have been on the wall.

To those that knew him that was a kinda nice thing you did for him, though in the end a meaningless portrayal in a video game but it was still respectful and kind. To those who were just conforming and doing it because everyone else was doing it and really didn't care, your spectacle was just as bad a mockery as those who pointed you out.

For those who made fun of them, one of you made a good point. We don't know how he died, though some might, most don't. Sure a car accident but was he drinking and driving? Turned illegally or tried to make a yellow light and failed? We don't know these things. They were simply pointing out that while making a memorial to him might not be all that bad by itself, the obvious exaggerations and flaunting it to somewhat make yourselves look like better people than you are is what they were making fun of, not the man or the tragedy. And I don't think you can honestly sit there and tell me that everyone on that wall gave a rats **** about WoflmanJack.

Edit: I was just at the wall again right now and my point is made. Those who really knew him are still there, most of them are ex-GZ. /thread.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Lost city has the....power of Heart!
    b:shocked

also bye bye Wolfy.
    :<
    Me didn't really know him but rest in peace.
    d(^.^)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Sorry to say this.. but they WERE making fun of the fact that a life was taken.

"He should have used a rez scroll"

"LOL LOL LOL Spectral member died IRL"

and other colorful comments I don't wish to repeat were said.

Your people were there to troll Spectral.. when what happened had nothing to do with Spectral at all. Sure it was his last guild, but there were others there not in the guild.

All of his friends came together to the place he enjoyed the most in the game to grieve together. Of course many of us never met him face to face.. but that doesn't mean a relationship, friendship and comradely wasn't forged through the game and vent. Not all of us has the means to fly to germany for a funeral... so we did what we could to mourn the loss of a friend-- and it was flamed because of a guild tag over many of our heads.

The mockery shown for the loss of life, and how a community of people mourning is just an illustration that people take this game way too seriously with their hate for their opponent. It wasn't even about flaming for the fun of the game...the things were said went far beyond that.

I didn't see you there Susa... so please don't try to make excuses for those who were spitting out hate. We were there, we saw the text that was written. It wasn't about the get together. It was about having a laugh at the expense of someone's death.

Poor form.
    b:bye
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited July 2010

Your people were there to troll Spectral.. when what happened had nothing to do with Spectral at all. Sure it was his last guild, but there were others there not in the guild.

All of his friends came together to the place he enjoyed the most in the game to grieve together. Of course many of us never met him face to face.. but that doesn't mean a relationship, friendship and comradely wasn't forged through the game and vent. Not all of us has the means to fly to germany for a funeral... so we did what we could to mourn the loss of a friend-- and it was flamed because of a guild tag over many of our heads.

The mockery shown for the loss of life, and how a community of people mourning is just an illustration that people take this game way too seriously with their hate for their opponent. It wasn't even about flaming for the fun of the game...the things were said went far beyond that.

I didn't see you there Susa... so please don't try to make excuses for those who were spitting out hate. We were there, we saw the text that was written. It wasn't about the get together. It was about having a laugh at the expense of someone's death.

Poor form.

People taking things in a game too seriously yet here you are making a huge deal about some people who find their entertainment in trolling people in a video game. Good logic. I'm not agreeing with them or with you because I think this entire thing is just pointless. It's a video game if you don't like it or it's making you upset go see a psychiatrist and log off.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    lol... then don't make excuses for them in the first place.

Plus... making 1 single post (well 2 now) about what happened isn't a huge deal... now is it? No one is qqing. Just telling "you" how I and others see it.

I get made fun of all the time when I play my EP and I could give a rats ****. It's amusing what people can come up with to try to make someone rage. No psych here needed tyvm. b:pleased

See you in game b:bye
    b:bye
  • Bictor - Lost City
    Bictor - Lost City Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Its called learn not to give a damn. When you do a public display of mourning like such, it will always draw negative attention in some way from **** holes(like me). Just don't pretend to be shocked and outraged about it.
    Many people die everyday, I wouldn't give a damn if everyone playing this game had suddenly died, and neither will people like Amour and friends give a rats **** about it(except PWE will be pretty depressed). Its a dude you talked to over the internet, loosen up.
    I thought about making a chart about it, but I decided not to because I don't have enough information/material, not because of my good nature(that would be really bad manner i have to say lol). My sympathy doesn't exist on the internet. Lol. I am a total **** and I'm sad that i wasn't there to say flammatory ****.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Its called learn not to give a damn. When you do a public display of mourning like such, it will always draw negative attention in some way from **** holes(like me). Just don't pretend to be shocked and outraged about it.
    Many people die everyday, I wouldn't give a damn if everyone playing this game had suddenly died, and neither will people like Amour and friends give a rats **** about it(except PWE will be pretty depressed). Its a dude you talked to over the internet, loosen up.
    I thought about making a chart about it, but I decided not to because I don't have enough information/material, not because of my good nature(that would be really bad manner i have to say lol). My sympathy doesn't exist on the internet. Lol. I am a total **** and I'm sad that i wasn't there to say flammatory ****.

Ah Ha!
    Me has found Bictor!
    xD

"ome evil doer is polluting the Earth for the sole purpose of being a ****. The kids come to help, can't quite handle it, so they call in Captain Planet to save the day."
    -The Nostalgia Critic summarizes Captain Planet.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Moranine - Lost City
    edited July 2010

Poor form.
    If you think 1 Essence person means the whole guild you should uninstall right now.

2-3 People left Essence because of what Lorsis and Amour did. Was extremely ****ing childish. I don't care if its an MMO and online is not the place to morn somesones death.

Elayne last said on the Essence forum that people just did it for the "lols." I for one didn't. I didn't really know him all too well. Tho i did talk to him when he was in Hashishin and i was in Ominous and we were pking RQ. He was truely a good pker, thats all I know/can say about him.

So you know Jesya 2-3 people left because of what Lorsis did. I for one would of left but i don't participate in guild aside from TW. They do what they want. I do what I want (with-in reason.)

@MagicHamsta. Just stop posting now. No one responds to your attention seeking bull**** posts that mean absolutely nothing. You should just leave and never come back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bictor - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Ah Ha!
    Me has found Bictor!
    xD

"ome evil doer is polluting the Earth for the sole purpose of being a ****. The kids come to help, can't quite handle it, so they call in Captain Planet to save the day."
    -The Nostalgia Critic summarizes Captain Planet.

Ah ha! To respond to your totally not attention seeking post that is totally meaningful... The internet is not a world. Maybe you could have called Captain Electronics or something to cleanse the pollution of the e-world.
    I love you hamsta, you should just stay and never leave.
  • Wadzio - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    @Moranine&amp;Susa

I think we were talking abt those few individuals not abt whole faction. Read my post again - most of Essence acted really nice, many of Essence and other faction members were pm'ing me, arwenu and other Spec members with condolecences and apologizing for wrong behaviour of those few. I called them silly trying not to be too much offensive. Generally, Im rly glad and I appreciate how majority of ppl reacted. I live in Poland, in a very catholic country (even if im not catholic myself) and when in my country You see a funeral conduct random ppl just pray. You dont have to know the person to honour him. Few months ago 96 Poles died in plane crash, including the President Lech Kaczynski. I never liked him, he was a pretty bad president in my eyes, but it was not a reason for me to not honour him and to not mourn the loss of Polish president. If Elayne is ok with those "lols" attitudes then I have no words and I wont comment it anymore. Its not correct place and not correct time.

R.I.P. Wofl
  • sorbik
    sorbik Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited July 2010

You're right -- they shouldn't be outraged. In fact, all that would achieve is a stamp of martyrdom, after all, mourning is not placing the deceased on a pedestal in the hopes of obtaining some sort of collective pathos or morbid sympathy.

Yet, i cannot help but to wonder what sort of nerve was struck that would incite such an socially detached persona? Make you forget about the sanctity of life? Better yet, spark the pathological notion that "I am a total ****" is justification for your mentality?

Is it the struggle to maintain the image of being a pseudo e-badass? How about a neo-destroytokyo? I'm talking in questions because I genuinely have never experienced a sociopath of this magnitude, and questions are the best way to convey confusion, because believe me, I am utterly dumbfounded. And it's not because of your wish to be an egotistical, narcissistic shell of a person, but because in your mind it is totally just, after all you are just "another ****."

I hope the satire didn't flow over your head there, I am doubtful as to how many literary devices to include -- I am not sure what you are emotionally capable of, besides projecting insecurity and and a skewed mentality. You say that it would be bad-mannered to pretense being humble, and while some may interpret this as some sort of glimmer of hope of an emotional future, it is sadly another con to affirm that narcissistic attitude we talked about earlier. Mind you, this goes far beyond any bad-manner CJ.IdrA can throw at europeans. What you fail to realize though, is that you are not an **** hole. I am an **** hole. You've stretched far beyond the line of being an ******* in your incessant climb to e-badass stardom that you forgot where the threshold is.

I mean, when it becomes your bona fide truth to wish you could have been there to mock someone's passing I think it's safe to say some centralized component of your social psyche is missing. The one called compassion. And before you say "lol @ compassion on the internet" I think you should re-evaluate. Maybe write yourself a memorandum. Perhaps then you'll realize what over-exposure to the internet can cause, or in this case, can make you lose.

And while the above may render a "TL;DR, LOL u got trolled, or LOL U MAD" sort of punchline, I sincerely hope you don't soon embrace a sense of loss, the following emotional revelation may send you into a catastrophic spiral of philosophy, regret and ambiguity.

Please, pardon my suggestions. As I said before, I am an **** hole. I don't care about you, or what you become. I merely wrote this so that you would read it and realize what a monstrosity you are. Before you ask why, it's because I am an **** hole, and I do it right.
  • lolitrolu
    lolitrolu Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I think we were talking abt those few individuals not abt whole faction. Read my post again - most of Essence acted really nice, many of Essence and other faction members were pm'ing me, arwenu and other Spec members with condolecences and apologizing for wrong behaviour of those few. I called them silly trying not to be too much offensive. Generally, Im rly glad and I appreciate how majority of ppl reacted. I

and what exactly do YOU have to do with the whole thing? you arent even an officer anymore.

i think that desire to attention wh-oring about something that has NOTHING to be attention wh-ored off is what susamajii was trying to point out here:
    Now to the 4 you mentioned they werent making fun of the fact that the guy died. No one is doing that and no one is happy he died, its a sad thing. They were just pointing out that there were many on that wall that had Woflman never been in spectral wouldnt have given a **** about him and therefore would not have been on the wall.
  • Wadzio - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    And what officer spot has to do with it all? This topic is not abt me, so if You want to say something, better talk abt Wofl and abt what happened on West Gate yesterday and its still going on till now.
  • Bictor - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    I think TL already helped me established how bad of a person I am.
    I'm not totally without feelings though. I cried inside when hwasin was permabanned by kespa. :(
  • Herbalism - Lost City
    Herbalism - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    It's unfortunate Wolfman had to pass away. I heard a little bit about what happened, and am here to send my condolences to family and friends. R.I.P Wolfmanjack, and I'll miss having you around west gate to kill me :(
  • sorbik
    sorbik Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I think TL already helped me established how bad of a person I am.
    I'm not totally without feelings though. I cried inside when hwasin was permabanned by kespa. :(

I really really hope you're one of the post February 17th TL'ers, but thats not likely since you have some knowledge of BW progaming.

Btw, match fixers deserved it.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Although I never knew him personally, hearing of his passing did hit a nerve with me. I, like most humans, can show a bit of empathy and pay my respects to someone who obviously didn't deserve to die this early. Rest in peace.