Duke Shouts Back?

Comments

• Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    @Bio .....are you serious?

By the way...I've been messing with the game files....I managed to stick in a new CS item! Better hurry while they're still hot! :O

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i206/xyz_02/2010-07-2322-35-00copy.jpg
  • Adeacia - Heavens Tear
    Adeacia - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I missed Duke when he was silenced. I want him to shout, remove ANY shouts about the packs and its fine. Have him only shout the things he used to shout before any packs were in the game.

Duke shouts: Let it be known that I can speak again!
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    By the way...I've been messing with the game files....I managed to stick in a new CS item! Better hurry while they're still hot! :O

i want, i want, i wa--- hang on. consumable? five gold?! are you trying to drive me into bankruptcy, or something?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    edited July 2010
    Isn't that the point of the CS in the first place? [/anti-communism rant]
  • Nomnomvore - Heavens Tear
    Nomnomvore - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Yep the Duke shouts are back, but don't worry, we've reduced the number of items that will generate a shout, so it shouldn't be anywhere near as ridiculous as last time.

And yet why does it still spam the entire chat? Its still waaaay too many shouts, and its kinda mean to the people who have horrible luck with the packs.
    "Be thou for the people"
  • Bioturn - Heavens Tear
    Bioturn - Heavens Tear Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    It simply means that now we know who to try and hassle out of their awesome items. It's a give and take situation.
    WoW has 11 Million people playing. 11 million people also bought the Sega Dreamcast console. Proof that 11 million people can collectively do something stupid.

Chill with me on Twitter: twitter.com/Bioturn

Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands! - Auron (Final Fantasy X)
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    This is ridiculous. You take Duke away because we hate the shouting about packs. People are sad that we no longer get the announcements of the race and wraith events, and to fix that you bring the Duke back exactly as he was? How does that fix anything? Now we are back to where we were... and as to the statement saying that it will not be as bad this time because there won't be as many things -- all I see is someone getting a token of best luck every couple of seconds in my chat window. Remove those and it might not be so annoying. Better idea? Remove all pack shouting! Put Duke back to how he was and make everyone happy.

But this... as much as I miss the race announcements and wraith events... I would rather the silence than this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Being reduced? My chat is spammed up! All you can see is red chats "Duke shouts: this, Duke Shouts: that" I personally think you should just turn him off completely
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • GenericBrand - Archosaur
    GenericBrand - Archosaur Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Was a surprise to see the shouts return but it's nowhere near as bad as it was before. Or maybe I've already learned to tune them out b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • /Gohan - Dreamweaver
    /Gohan - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    @Bio .....are you serious?

Put a bag of cement and a pot big enough for Duke's feet in the cash shop too b:sin
  • KittyYuri - Dreamweaver
    KittyYuri - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I was disappointed when you all first started to cap him off cause it screwed me out of having a nice announcement when I got my Herc. b:sad And it was such a big accomplishment. b:surrenderb:chuckle

^This.

I agree that Duke would be fine without the Token of Best Luck shouts. If it dies down in the next couple of days, great, but I have no doubt that it'll start back up as soon as new packs are released. I can understand waiting to see if it remains as frequent, however I know I (and, by the looks of it, many other people in this thread) would be grateful if the Token of Best Luck shouts were removed.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I'd prefer if he only announced Hercs, Nixes, and Wraith attacks. Obtaining items/gear from packs is hardly an accomplishment worthy of being shouted.
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I'd prefer if he only announced Hercs, Nixes, and Wraith attacks. Obtaining items/gear from packs is hardly an accomplishment worthy of being shouted.

Whereas your perviness is? Am I right Zanny? b:mischievous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Whereas your perviness is? Am I right Zanny? b:mischievous

Hey I'd rather hear about sexy stuff than be spammed with "PersonX has recieved *Insert pack item here*"

At least when I'm a total perv on world chat it livens things up b:sin
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    The way you say it the Wraith Attacks don't even happen. I've come across several wraith attacks without Duke. Duke yelling about it only makes every higher level on the server swarm around a newbie town. This causes problems for players questing in the area. If you think it's good idea for Duke to shout about them again then you need professional help.

@Longknife I rofled lol
    Actually, with the Nien event, the higher lvs will be more on that to worry about some noobish Wraith event.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • /Gohan - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Actually, with the Nien event, the higher lvs will be more on that to worry about some noobish Wraith event.
    As I said earlier, Wraith events are random and can happen anytime, whereas the nien event is on time slots. It's much more likely the two will not happen at the same time.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Put a bag of cement and a pot big enough for Duke's feet in the cash shop too b:sin

Don't forget the chains and padlock, and also hope that Duke Blacke is not the great Houdini in disguise.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • /Gohan - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Don't forget the chains and padlock, and also hope that Duke Blacke is not the great Houdini in disguise.
    Bah he's not the great Houd... O.O that explains why you can never find him when you are looking for him.
  • Bladesaber - Dreamweaver
    Bladesaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    ok just read through the entire post and i just wanted to point out a few things.

A) they brought back the duke shouts thing probably just cause it increases the people buying packs cause they see" such and such has received X".

B) you all keep complaining about how it's horrible that the red spam is everywhere well i myself agree yes a lot of people buy packs and such, but there's no reason to QQ about it. I've seen a bunch of people buying packs and it helps me figure out who's a big cash player or not.

C) If the GMs are the "bad people" that i'm getting the impression some of you think they are, then why'd they remove some of the things that come out of the packs more often, like the normal tokens being shouted.

D) I frankly myself like the red shout things cause if it's one of my friends i can say grats to them immediately and if i got one i would kinda like it too, instead of(as has happened once) say i got this when nobody knows what the heck it is.
  • Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    C) If the GMs are the "bad people" that i'm getting the impression some of you think they are, then why'd they remove some of the things that come out of the packs more often, like the normal tokens being shouted.
    Normal tokens were never shouted in any duke shouts. This 'disrespectful and chat disruptive' duke shouting is just as bad as every previous time.
    You want **** bein shouted? Fine. Ask for it to be 'optional'. The vast majority of the players dont want this. Them reinserting this dam thing again even after the extreme disgust of the players from before is a plain out agression. Its due to this predatory action o GMs ad PW staff members that many of my friends already quit this game. It has to stop or the exodus will keep happening.
    PWI:
    "Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Give us an option to filter duke or take the best luck tokens off.
    Im tired of this **** and unless you let packs be in permanent its never gonna stop. People will just go on making spam.

Really what use is it? Only one I see is making people able to scam new players who dont know what their item is worth b:embarrass

I dont care who gets what, and you took normal tokens out? When were normal tokens announced before..

Oh and when do we get this dq compensation? Its been a while...
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear
    AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    yes if they removed the perfect token of best luck annocement that would be nice :D for 1 its making me want to charge zen which i dont want to do b:faint but packs 1) should not be permenetly removed, if it takes that to keep me from paying for the game then yay :D but 2) i agree that they should be removed for a small amount of time, and no till the next matinence does not count :P
    Avatars: Name-Class-Lvl-Server-Guild-Activeness

AngelOfLies-Cleric-90 Sage-no guild-Not currently Active
    _CatGirl_-Veno-80-No Guild-Not Currently Acitve
    BlindingEdge-Seeker-6x-No Guild-Main
    DrawtheWaves-Sin-5x-No Guild-Active Alt
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Give us an option to filter duke or take the best luck tokens off.
    Im tired of this **** and unless you let packs be in permanent its never gonna stop. People will just go on making spam.

Really what use is it? Only one I see is making people able to scam new players who dont know what their item is worth b:embarrass

I dont care who gets what, and you took normal tokens out? When were normal tokens announced before..

Oh and when do we get this dq compensation? Its been a while...

Having the following option would be awesome, indeed:

'Do you want to have Duke not announce you who won the big prizes from packs?'
    (then you confirm or refuse)
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    inb4pplwholikethedukeshoutscoughlostcityvenocough
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Still hasn't been turned off, and the new patch has already came out....

Tremblewith shouts: I.D.G.A.F. Turn this **** off before I start spamming threads on the forums 'till you ban me, then go off in-game. It's annoying as hell, and the community already said they don't want it. No GM/CM response on any change at all for this new "feature" for us non-CS'ers to be able to see people spending cash.

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ = Yes. Now turn it off.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Agreed, sick of seeing who is getting **** from packs. Like really.....why should it be our business to see someone get a Wing Trophy or Token of Best Luck?

Anyways, it won't be removed, seeing ppl win stuff makes other ppl want to gamble on packs, Duke makes people look very lucky, but in reality....how many packs did they actually open total to get that item?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Agreed, sick of seeing who is getting **** from packs. Like really.....why should it be our business to see someone get a Wing Trophy or Token of Best Luck?

Anyways, it won't be removed, seeing ppl win stuff makes other ppl want to gamble on packs, Duke makes people look very lucky, but in reality....how many packs did they actually open total to get that item?

Shhh Known or they'll ban you for revealing top secret marketing techniques....(they're chinese sooo..) b:chuckle
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KibblesnBitz - Sanctuary
    KibblesnBitz - Sanctuary Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Where'd all the OTHER shouts go?

I miss the hercules/phoenix pet announcements.

I miss the "new day" red text.

I miss the wraith attacks announcements.

I miss the snake isle announcements.

I miss the Dragon Temple announcements.

What next, they'll take out the marriage announcements too?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Enelysion Executor
    Proud She-Barb
    b:cute
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    edited July 2010