• Selphiiie - Heavens Tear
    Selphiiie - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Edited due to forum rules - Ary
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Yep the Duke shouts are back, but don't worry, we've reduced the number of items that will generate a shout, so it shouldn't be anywhere near as ridiculous as last time.
    In other words..
    "We enjoy disrupting game chat with these extremely disrespectful duke shouts (free advertising to sell more packs and let the item winners be harrassed by other players), which was a mark to the depredation of PWI's fair play and a good excuse to take the player's focus out of the fact we cant finish old content, little less new. Dont worry though, our disrespect isnt as bad as before"

This is what happens when you leave in charge of a game people that dont play or are uncapable of understanding why gamers do.
    PWI:
    "Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Haven't heard nor seen anything contructive coming from you either tho o.o unless the "We gms don't care" thing was it <.<

This conversation is not about me first off.

I see nothing wrong with the Duke Shouts so why would I have anything to say other than a thanks to PWI for bringing them back.

EDIT: Enjoy your ban Selpiiie :)
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
    edited July 2010
    ^ who are you even, i don't know

you talk like you mean something on this forum when your just a nobody who knows nothing who is a non-factor of this game and community
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Selphiiie my only warning right here:

Next time you are banned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    ^ who are you even, i don't know

you talk like you mean something on this forum when your just a nobody who knows nothing who is a non-factor of this game and community

This is just fail in all the sense. b:victory

You'll be a great forum poster in no time. Many know who I am and you don't because I don't care to know who you are. Keep up the beginner type posting newb.

On Topic: If you want yuor voices heard from PWI, try making adult like requests people. Your voice will be heard easier if yuo do that.

P.S. Following my posts may or may not be a good example at all time. IJS.

To our MOD: As you can see Aryannamage I have posted something better and will leave this thread to you to enjoy possibly more than I have. Cheers.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Tatuaje leave it please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ShadowOfLife - Dreamweaver
    ShadowOfLife - Dreamweaver Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Remember this is a discussion thread and NOT a personal attack thread, if you don't have anything to discuss then politely move on and do not post.
    edited July 2010
    This is just fail in all the sense. b:victory

You'll be a great forum poster in no time. Many know who I am and you don't because I don't care to know who you are. Keep up the beginner type posting newb.

fail how?

you seem to think that a big post count automatically means your pro or something lmao, enjoy your ego trip

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Thread locking in 3... 2... 1... b:chuckle
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
    Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Why so much fighting and nastiness? The OP posted this because the Duke has gotten amusing now that the duct tape is off.
  • Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Now that we got a staff member here let's have a small summary lmao .

99% of the ppl playing this game are unhappy with Duke shouting every 10 seconds that someone opened a pack which didn't contain 15 tokens.

1%, like the above (1), is happy with it and wants it to stay.

I'm sure you would choose the opinion of those 99% instead of one <.<.

Now that's been said /end_constructive_criticism <----and this word came up WAY too many times.
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I dunno, seems like the Duke spam is just as over-bearing as it was when originally introduced with the first packs.

I could be wrong, but Tokens of Best luck are like the most common "unique" reward from the packs, and make up a majority of the shouts that Duke is making. Given any particular shout to limit, it would have been for the Best luck token shouts.

Kind of creates the illusion that people are winning often when opening these things, although I am sure that the large majority of winners who get their name shouted by Duke are people who are opening 50-100+ packs at a time. Would be nice if these packs were just left out for a while, perhaps let the game return to a bit of "normalcy".
  • Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
    Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    The Duke spam is like the PW Horn spam. Can't really turn it off and you have to pretty much live with it. People abused it. Duke abuses it. But is it really so bad? Nein spam around 4 and 9 is even worse and no one's whining about that.
    edited July 2010
    i preferred the game without the tokens even tho they are the best things from the packs, i preferred a game with a challenge
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • /Gohan - Dreamweaver
    /Gohan - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    killduke.png
    edited July 2010
    I could be wrong, but Tokens of Best luck are like the most common "unique" reward from the packs, and make up a majority of the shouts that Duke is making. Given any particular shout to limit, it would have been for the Best luck token shouts.

^^ Agree, Duke is honestly fine, just remove the Tokens of Best luck from being shouted and everything will be fine :)
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Yep the Duke shouts are back, but don't worry, we've reduced the number of items that will generate a shout, so it shouldn't be anywhere near as ridiculous as last time.

<3 awesome now it will be announced whenever I get a coolio item b:chuckle
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • MsArcane - Dreamweaver
    MsArcane - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    In other words..
    "We enjoy disrupting game chat with these extremely disrespectful duke shouts (free advertising to sell more packs and let the item winners be harrassed by other players), which was a mark to the depredation of PWI's fair play and a good excuse to take the player's focus out of the fact we cant finish old content, little less new. Dont worry though, our disrespect isnt as bad as before"

This is what happens when you leave in charge of a game people that dont play or are uncapable of understanding why gamers do.

^ what this guy said

I don't understand the "people" that support the idea of endless GM spam that I don't remember ANYONE requesting. I can barely tolerate the nien event spam, but I got used to it. But this......it has to stop. Please tell me what discussion was had that everyone came to a conclusion that Duke Blacke playing stool pigeon on richy-rich pack noobs was a good idea, I'll wait.

As for the forum drama, please, spare me. Those of you "defending" the spam need to realize that the way you feel is not the general consensus. 90% of the ppl I talk to and have read comments from hate it, so while you value your own opinion, it doesn't matter much to me or anyone else.
    edited July 2010
    Those of you "defending" the spam need to realize that the way you feel is not the general consensus. 90% of the ppl I talk to and have read comments from hate it, so while you value your own opinion, it doesn't matter much to me or anyone else.

What you don't realise is that the duke shouts other important information out that some people would like to know about.

1 example of this would be wraith attacks.

The problem is, people arent defending the spam, we are defending the fact that shouts need to be here, just without the spam from the packs.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    There have been times when I wished duke was around.

Like when I crafted the first CoA ring on RT, etc.

But for the most part, shut him up, or at LEAST make it so you can filter him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
    edited July 2010
    What you don't realise is that the duke shouts other important information out that some people would like to know about.

The problem is, people arent defending the spam, we are defending the fact that shouts need to be here, just without the spam from the packs.

The only thing Duke should spam/shout is:

"X has acquired a Hercules/Phoenix pet, Warsoul, FirstItemOnTheServer-stuff"

"OMGEEEE Wraith attack at <place>, gogo defend>"

and that should cover it <.<

EDIT: forgot races <.<
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Hey, let duke be, I see a bunch of drama, cussing, nonsense on world chat already, It will be nice to see something "interesting" appart of the same people world chatting nonsense and recruits.
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited July 2010

Actually, most of the mor0nic players want the spam prize shouts, not the old duke announcements like wraith atks, races, etc. I dont mind those shouts either, but the packs are plain out disrespectful and its impossible to have a peaceful chat with friends, which due to lack of game content has become a big part of PWI. If the GMs want players to quit, harrassing us like this is the way to go.

Either make duke shouts optional like every other kind of chat or shut him up again.
    PWI:
    "Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • /Gohan - Dreamweaver
    /Gohan - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Hey, let duke be, I see a bunch of drama, cussing, nonsense on world chat already, It will be nice to see something "interesting" appart of the same people world chatting nonsense and recruits.
    You say that now but wait until your helping a newbie with his FB and he doesn't see you tell him to stop over the duke shouts and ends up dying -.- It may not be that bad now but it will get worse.
    edited July 2010

spam would never stop then o;o

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Actually, most of the mor0nic players want the spam prize shouts, not the old duke announcements like wraith atks, races, etc. I dont mind those shouts either, but the packs are plain out disrespectful and its impossible to have a peaceful chat with friends, which due to lack of game content has become a big part of PWI. If the GMs want players to quit, harrassing us like this is the way to go.

Either make duke shouts optional like every other kind of chat or shut him up again.

This. Make it filterable so an WB instruction or something doesn't get displaced by so and so acquiring a perfect token for the 10th time.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I see it already. Next maintenance's patch notes:
    Patch Notes Version 369
    Released July 27, 2010

Muted Duke's shouting once more.

They do this on purpose by the way, so that they can go another week with no real Maintenance, and make people get angry. I think I saw this written in the ToS before.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    IMO -->

Duke should not shout about Best Luck tokens.

^ If that was out I think everything would be fine.

Although I find it funny more then annoying :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2010

Thank god you shortened the list! I was afraid I was going to bombarded by the Duke like this:

Wlj6P.png

I'm so glad that the duke only shouts for the super rare items like Best Luck tokens.

Really remove best luck token from the shout list will quiet the duke by 95%.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html