Duke Shouts Back?

Options

Comments

• katiethemage
    katiethemage Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Let it all be know We_All killed the Duke.
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I was disappointed when you all first started to cap him off cause it screwed me out of having a nice announcement when I got my Herc. b:sad And it was such a big accomplishment. b:surrenderb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I'm so glad that the duke only shouts for the super rare items like Best Luck tokens.

Really remove best luck token from the shout list will quiet the duke by 95%.

^ Yup...agree with you v
    IMO -->

Duke should not shout about Best Luck tokens.

^ If that was out I think everything would be fine.

Although I find it funny more then annoying :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Thank god you shortened the list! I was afraid I was going to bombarded by the Duke like this:

Wlj6P.png

I'm so glad that the duke only shouts for the super rare items like Best Luck tokens.

Impressive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RRARRRRGGHHH - Sanctuary
    RRARRRRGGHHH - Sanctuary Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I find it very interesting to observe how many best luck tokens are actually entering the game....far more than I was thinking.

Every two shouts for those is another 10m that will be generated into the economy...a much larger effect than I thought...especially dealing with this inflation problem people keep talking about.
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited July 2010
    Options
    So I'm guessing Duke doesn't shout about WB drops anymore? Just best lucks all day instead?
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    IMO -->

Duke should not shout about Best Luck tokens.

^ If that was out I think everything would be fine.

Although I find it funny more then annoying :p

But then you'd be left with what, 2 shouts per every 100 packs opened? That's bad advertising, doesn't quite get across the awesomeness of the packs.

b:cute
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Does PWI delibertly try to release peoples private information to increase its revenue?

The give away you had You labeld the winner giving away his in game name and his real life name.

Duke shouting out everyones buisness is again releasing information I might not want released I do not want nor require the whole server knowing what luck I have had in packs and nor do I wish to see one guy constantly coming up with items from packs.

Stop sharing our private information without consulting us first.

About the giveaway, after the winner was notified on Facebook, she herself gave out her character name and server in the contest thread, so at that point I felt it was okay to give out that same information here.
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Thank god you shortened the list! I was afraid I was going to bombarded by the Duke like this:

Wlj6P.png

Lol nice job switching on the faction channel, so all the other text is removed & it just looks like Duke spam non-stop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • /Gohan - Dreamweaver
    /Gohan - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Lol nice job switching on the faction channel, so all the other text is removed & it just looks like Duke spam non-stop.
    XD

/10char
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    dunno about Asterelle, but i'm always in faction chat and nothing else. i don't want to see worldchat spam, so why would i want to see duke spam? duke's not in my faction, and i might just leave it if he were invited in. b:pleased

thus, proposed suggestion: make duke shout in worldchat, not system messages. system messages, in my arrogant opinion, should be restricted to stuff that affects the game system. "10 minutes to server shutdown" is a system message. "somebody you've never heard of just got something you don't care about" is not.

"snake island race event opens in 15 minutes", i would argue, is a system message. much as i hate to admit it, the nien event spam i also hate to see is system-related too. marriage announcements... aren't; let the happy couple tell their friends list and guild chats themselves if they care. and duke? has never ONCE said ANYTHING that was system-wide relevant while i've been playing. (he was silenced about wraith attacks before i signed up.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • ValFera - Heavens Tear
    ValFera - Heavens Tear Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Good lord people, you all wanted the Duke back to shout when events etc were happening, so they gave him back (while packs were off sale) but if you noticed occasionally he shouted when someone purchased a pack from a catshop and hit a best luck token.

Then they don't release packs so everyone complains, due to token prices becoming outrageous, so they have an emergency server maintenence to put them back in the game.

Now who did not see 1 + 1 = 2 coming here.

Duke back and shouts best luck + Add packs back to CS = lots of Duke shouts who got Best Luck tokens.

Leader - Hikari LVL3 PVE Faction {Heavens Tear}

Hikari is the Light.
    RESPECT is part of the Light so when you show others respect you show them the light.
    TRUTH is part of the Light, so if you find deception put light on it for all to see.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frankieraye
    edited July 2010
    Options
    In the past 30 minutes on Heavens Tear, I've seen 10 Duke Shouts. Remember, the pack did just get back, so let's let the excitement die down a bit so that we can fully gauge just how prevalent the shouts will be.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    In the past 30 minutes on Heavens Tear, I've seen 10 Duke Shouts. Remember, the pack did just get back, so let's let the excitement die down a bit so that we can fully gauge just how prevalent the shouts will be.
    Seeing as how packs are re-introduced every other day I fail to see how you expect the excitement to die down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

How hard is it to remove tokens of best luck from the shout list? I dont think anyone would complain if you just did that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

Lol..........................................................................

Packs are put back out what, like every week or two? They've been out like what, 7-8 times and for a year now? What you see in game right now is the "Died down" that you are refering to in your post. Simply put, and to be blunt - "No.".
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    can we get a confirmation if duke wraith attack shouts are back also? if not then get rid of the shouts because they are 100% worthless.

(also I could just be going crazy... but isn't there some quest or something at higher levels that like spawns a wraith attack? does that ring any bells for any1 haha??)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Lol. frankieraye implying that packs are some new wondrous thing that everybody is excited about.
  • Anyankha - Sanctuary
    Anyankha - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    so what? we should do like you and go play on an empty server so we don't get spammed anymore? come on Sanctuary, you'll see if you're still only getting 10 shouts in 30min.
    edited July 2010
    Options
    can we get a confirmation if duke wraith attack shouts are back also? if not then get rid of the shouts because they are 100% worthless.

(also I could just be going crazy... but isn't there some quest or something at higher levels that like spawns a wraith attack? does that ring any bells for any1 haha??)

Races and Wraith Attacks have not been shouted since the Duke has been unmuted. This leads me to believe that they only unmuted him for pack-related garbage.
  • Sanctam - Dreamweaver
    Sanctam - Dreamweaver Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I just got about 15 duke shouts in the past 2 minutes, no lie. So I guess the server you were on, Frankie, is the lucky one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ValFera - Heavens Tear
    ValFera - Heavens Tear Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    How hard is it to remove tokens of best luck from the shout list? I dont think anyone would complain if you just did that.

Probably would take a new patch from the DEV's in China and another "Emergency Server Maintenace" to fix it quickly come on people just deal with it and if it is a problem maybe just MAYBE they will fix it at the next regularly scheduled maintenance.

And thanks for the update there frankie b:pleased
    Leader - Hikari LVL3 PVE Faction {Heavens Tear}

Hikari is the Light.
    RESPECT is part of the Light so when you show others respect you show them the light.
    TRUTH is part of the Light, so if you find deception put light on it for all to see.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I find it funny how something as worthless as tokens warrants a Duke Shout, but I got a Sapphire Gem and a Diamond of Tiger and neither of those were mentioned.
  • frankieraye
    edited July 2010
    Options
    so what? we should do like you and go play on an empty server so we don't get spammed anymore? come on Sanctuary, you'll see if you're still only getting 10 shouts in 30min.

Heaven's Tear is just as populated as Sanctuary.
  • ShadowOfLife - Dreamweaver
    ShadowOfLife - Dreamweaver Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I agree on letting the excitement calm down before a decision is made, but please once one has been made, please make sure its NOT a complete removal like last time.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Frankie can you please put in a request to remove Best Luck tokens from the shout list? Just removing Best Luck tokens would make people happy I'm pretty sure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • zelts
    zelts Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Well in the List of items Duke shouldn't shout about you forgot to add the damn Perfect Token of Best Luck.. that in fact is the Number 1 Item that should have been Removed from shouts because that's what people are getting the most or at least been shout about the most wich is the source of all anoyment.. so if devs are taking off items to shout about .. Like Firstly like.. Right now.. like the Big obvious thing.. that would have to be THat .. yeah u get the point.. ((heck even a monkey would))
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    easy enough for the GMs to gather a day or two's worth of statistics on what items the duke shouts about. database table, add a row for each shout, or increment a counter even --- might be already happening for all i know. then just remove the top three items, or better yet remove however many off the top as would be necessary to get the average down to one every five minutes, maximum. do that and call it done, make an announcement that it has been done and state as official policy that it's been remedied from that point on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
    edited July 2010
    Options
    easy enough for the GMs to gather a day or two's worth of statistics on what items the duke shouts about. database table, add a row for each shout, or increment a counter even --- might be already happening for all i know. then just remove the top three items, or better yet remove however many off the top as would be necessary to get the average down to one every five minutes, maximum. do that and call it done, make an announcement that it has been done and state as official policy that it's been remedied from that point on.

That sounds like something a respectable company would do. Wrong company =/ b:surrender
  • Bioturn - Heavens Tear
    Bioturn - Heavens Tear Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I would like to congratulate Duke on getting his voice back. I missed his silly sayings. I enjoy them over the TW announcements.
    WoW has 11 Million people playing. 11 million people also bought the Sega Dreamcast console. Proof that 11 million people can collectively do something stupid.

Chill with me on Twitter: twitter.com/Bioturn

Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands! - Auron (Final Fantasy X)