Are You a Demon or a Sage Cleric?

Crescentia - Harshlands
Crescentia - Harshlands Posts: 112 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Cleric
Are You a Demon or a Sage Cleric?

-- I think there's more demon then sage clerics. I wanna see if i'm correct or not..
If you're not sage or demon yet. Pick what you think you would go for, and be sure of your answer so I can get accurate results. lol b:victory

--lawl, by the way, I'm demon. :)
Post edited by Crescentia - Harshlands on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Sage b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • BeingHope - Raging Tide
    BeingHope - Raging Tide Posts: 1,869 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Planning to do demon so I'm going to go with demon b:chuckle

Gosh usually I see threads asking what people are going, not what they are. Kudos for the thread b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Planning to do demon so I'm going to go with demon

Gosh usually I see threads asking what people are going, not what they are. Kudos for the thread b:victory

OMG....I had to reread your name....Gratz on 80 and new Avatar!!! b:chuckleb:cuteb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• BeingHope - Raging Tide
    BeingHope - Raging Tide Posts: 1,869 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    OMG....I had to reread your name....Gratz on 80 and new Avatar!!! b:chuckleb:cuteb:victory

awwww rose..... LOL and thanks!!! b:cute gawd i finally reached the 80 mile stone.... now i can just be like you guys! rofl!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
  • Crescentia - Harshlands
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, well since I'm already demon ;D I don't really need an explanation of which one is better.

Quite honestly, I think both are just as good as healing, and just as good as pking. Both has different strenghts in healing.. just my point of view though. :)
  • Choco - Raging Tide
    Choco - Raging Tide Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Demon b:victory Just because i like most of their skills better.
    TBH i see more demon clerics around than sage, so im looking forward to the result of this poll.
  • Crescentia - Harshlands
    edited July 2010
    I see more demons. But I hear about sage being SO much better then demon (it makes me mad, and get offended, etremely. lol). So, i'm wondering, if sage are so much better, then how come I haven't seen a lot of people going sage. b:thanks
  • Choco - Raging Tide
    edited July 2010
    Well, the 50 Chi gain is nice to have as a cleric for BB purposes, and their heals seem stronger. Then again, i really love demon stream of reju b:dirty and heals are efficient enough even without the sage power up b:cute So support oriented people might prefer the sage version. If youre more attack oriented, you will probably go down the demon path :D
  • LaLeLoo - Sanctuary
    LaLeLoo - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I'm planning to go Demon.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Sage here.

Most demon skills gave me the impression that they only look good in theory, the only exception being spirit's gift.

Sage on the other hand seemed to have more practical benefits to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sylredrae - Sanctuary
    Sylredrae - Sanctuary Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I went Sage. b:victory

I had three reasons for going Sage - Master Li's Technique, Sage Spark ( it recovers mana ^^ ) and I like the Sage skills slightly better.
    Syredrae ~ lvl 100 Cleric (main character)

Auryl ~ lvl 100 Venomancer

Mainas ~ lvl 80 Barbarian

Suirune ~ lvl 2X Psychic
  • Choco - Raging Tide
    edited July 2010
    Sage Spark ( it recovers mana ^^ )

so does demon spark b:surrender
  • Sylredrae - Sanctuary
    Sylredrae - Sanctuary Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Ah, sorry then. A friend told me that demon spark recovers HP, so he may have been wrong. I still don't regret going sage though. XD
    Syredrae ~ lvl 100 Cleric (main character)

Auryl ~ lvl 100 Venomancer

Mainas ~ lvl 80 Barbarian

Suirune ~ lvl 2X Psychic
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I see more demons. But I hear about sage being SO much better then demon (it makes me mad, and get offended, etremely. lol). So, i'm wondering, if sage are so much better, then how come I haven't seen a lot of people going sage. b:thanks
    sage.

as for the question not sure why. Altho depending on classes (if you peek in the other class threads) deciding whether sage or demon MAY depend on your wealth. In some particular classes, if you dont have the $$$, one might be superior to the other. If you do have the $$$, it might be possible to end up with more benefits.

"How far can money substitute for the bonuses the sage/demon skills give you?" is the question.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Demon as of a week or two ago >:D
    (Cleric's name is MrChrist b:chuckle)
    So far I love:
    Triple spark
    Plume shell
    Ironheart
    So far I don't love:
    Chi skill
    So far I want:
    Razor feathers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I'm Demon, I prefer the offensive power it offers. Sage is mainly about support which our class already does well in, so I chose Demon to get more offensive power. Though Sage and Demon do seem to be pretty well balanced, just comes down to your play style.

DEMON FTW! b:cool
  • tukiyem
    tukiyem Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I'm demon, since many demon skills have channeling reduction, and i love it (my EQ has 24% -channeling and it's awesome using demon spark), and demon skill books are pretty cheap compare to sage. ^_^
  • Engeli - Sanctuary
    Engeli - Sanctuary Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    demon >:D haha
  • Candie - Raging Tide
    Candie - Raging Tide Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Sage . 50 chi skill , also if I want to give my tank more phys def , I don't have to cast cumbersome , mana-consuming Rejuvenation Stream - I can just spam sage vanguard at him . Also , if I want more channeling , I can just cast sage magic shell on myself and then go tripple spark .
  • EthikaII - Heavens Tear
    EthikaII - Heavens Tear Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Demon becuase :

Iron heart- recovers 300 MP
    Revive- chan time reduced
    Purify- no chi cost
    Squad heal-extra 600 hp
    Stream of rejuvenation - additional 100% bonus to equip phy def
    cyclone - 600 more damage
    plume shell- only cost is now 15 chi, so no more mp eating
    seal- reduces caster penalty
    wield of thunder- reduces metal resist
    metal mastery- increase crit rate by 2%

the only things i could find out of sage that i liked were:

Iron heart- 10% more hp
    plume shot- 800 more damage
    plume shell-85% damage absorbed
    metal mastery-increase metal damage by 25%

so for me demon weighs in more
    Retired Sage.
    Moving to alts till they fix GBA boss ;(
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Sage Spark ( it recovers mana ^^ )

Both sage and demon do that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    why i chose

★Master Li's Technique (89)- Charge and gain 50 Chi instantly. sage handsdown
    Mo Zun's Taunt (89)- Stifle the opponent and decrease its Chi by 50. wtf?

Ironheart Blessing (89)
    Sage version recovers an additional 10% more HP.doing the job just 10% better
    Demon version also recovers 300 MP over 15 seconds.
    not an mp slave

Wellspring Surge (89)
    Sage version reduces channeling time to 1.2 seconds.useful when using a -channeling IH and wellspring combo
    Demon verion gains an additional 20% Chi with each cast.useless for me if sage has chi-dispenser skill and when healing, chi = full

Revive (89)
    Sage version extends range to 40 meters.get the benefit of distance and channeling cut with endgame channeling gears.
    Demon version cuts channeling time in half.insta-vive with endgame channeling a plus

Purify (92)
    Sage verions reduces casting time to 0.5 seconds and reduces cooldown time to 1 second.
    Demon version does not consume Chi when cast.
    As seen on TV!, sage insta-chi

Chromatic Healing Beam (92)
    Sage version extends area of effect by 5 meters.
    Demon version recovers an extra 600 HP.
    both seem good, personally take the 5 meters because my children wander far and wide, if they die then they learn not too.

Stream of Rejuvenation (99)
    Sage version gains 30% extra Chi with each cast.
    Demon version temporarily grants the target an additional 100% bonus to equipment's physical defense.
    sage meh. demon meh. By the time it takes to cast demon stream, i can cast a better IH and a vanguard too (100% def)

Vanguard Spirit (89)
    Sage version grants the target an additional 100% physical defense over 10 seconds. Faster than demon stream that u can add in a IH too
    Both you and the target have a 25% chance to gain 25 Chi.so 3/4 of the time you will not gain chi

Magic Shell (89)
    Sage version increases the target's channeling speed by 20% for 10 seconds....meh its ok
    Both you and the target have a 25% chance to gain 25 Chi.another 3/4 of the time you will not gain chi

Celestial Guardian's Seal (89)
    Sage version recovers 1200 HP over 15 seconds......
    Demon version recovers 900 MP over 15 seconds......

Spirit's Gift (92)
    Sage version adds 900 MP over 15 seconds.meh
    Demon version grants an additional 150% to magic attack for the first 10 seconds.demons better

Plume Shot (89)
    Sage version does an additional 800 damage.
    Demon version reduces both channel and cooldown times to 1.2 seconds.
    Plumeshot is pretty much spammable to start out with, 800 dmg seems a nicer bonus

Plume Shell (89)
    Sage version always absorbs 85% of incoming damage.
    Demon version only requires 15 Chi.
    When u have meds and charm cost isnt an issue.

Razor Feathers (89)
    Sage version extends area of effect radus by 2 meters.
    Demon version reduces cooldown to 6 seconds.
    demon seems more useful, i find myself always waiting for the cooldown

Elemental Seal (89)
    Sage version always lasts 25 seconds.
    Demon version only reduces your magic defense for 15 seconds.
    purify yourself and no penalty

Dimensional Seal (89)
    Sage version increases physical defense reduction duration on the enemy to 25 seconds.
    Demon version decreases physical defense reduction duration on the you to 15 seconds.
    purify yourself and no penalty

Silent Seal (92)
    Sage version extends freeze effect by 2 seconds.
    Demon version does not reduce your attack damage.
    demon seems more useful

Chromatic Seal (99)
    Sage version extends the sleep duration by 4 seconds.
    Demon version causes no reduction to speed.
    demon seems more useful but then again 4sec could = life or death.

Great Cyclone (89)
    Sage version reduces enemy's speed by 45% and increases effect duration by 1 second.
    Demon version does an extra 600 damage.
    Using speed reduction = its most likely melee HA/LA gears affected = they have alot of HP to start off with = extra 600 dmg wont really phase them = i rather them take a longer time to reach me so i can cast that instant lv100 spell that takes thousands HP off. Also add sage metal mastery dmg bonus

Thunderball (89)
    Sage version does an extra 15% Metal damage.
    Demon version reduces the duration of the damage over time to 12 seconds.
    Ichiro Suzuki

Siren's Kiss (92)
    Sage version has a 25% chance to cast without consuming Spark.
    Demon version reduces cooldown time to 10 seconds.
    demons better, u still need 1 FULL chi to start out sage one at start

Wield Thunder (99)
    Sage version has a 50% chance to gain additional 30 Chi on a successful hit.
    Demon version reduces enemy's Metal resistance by 30% for 10 seconds.
    neutral. If sage metal mastery gives +25% more metal dmg then the diff. is only 5% with demon/sage WT?

Tempest (99)
    Sage version has a 50% chance to cast with only one Spark consumed.
    Demon version has a 25% chance to freeze enemies for 8 seconds.
    demon wins (altho sage bonus from metal mastery)

Metal Mastery (92)
    Sage version always increases Metal magic damage by 25%. This is where the sage hidden power lies.
    Demon version increases critical hit rate by 2%.
    25% increase 24/7 compared to 2% crit once every new moon. Add 25% increase to all metal spells up thur pls
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    ^ Sums it up

But:
    both seem good, personally take the 5 meters because my children wander far and wide, if they die then they learn not too.

^ LOL!! Epic and oh so true!! b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• EthikaII - Heavens Tear
    EthikaII - Heavens Tear Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Tbh, when you sum IH and Plume shell up, Deceptistar . I see how demon is just a bigger mp saver for me, sense im not that rich in game. It would save my "simple" stack of 400mp herb.

When I maxed chromatic heal beam i was a bit dissapionted,but thats due to my build and using this skill atm it only heals 1,896.2 HP(Unbuffed), at 90 it will be 2,065.8 (Unbuffed).

..Demon, that +600 more hp means alot to me(2,665.8[Unbuffed]). even though it may look small.
    Buffed-2,225 + 600 from demon CHB will be 2,829 HP.

In all honesty, I don't even use the skill unless im in 69 single clericing, which is alot now. I think its more intense when i can give ppl a chaotic empression while im over there throwing a wellspring surge on ppl. just hitting a button and it being able to heal 6 ppl all at once isn't that fun to me. i have to make the game more challenging now..(I love chaos)

I hope i didn't make you two think im a bad cleric for doing that b:surrender but I'm usualy fast enough it works for me alot. I try to pay attention to alot of what you and RedRose say in the cleric forums guide related xD
    Thank you Deceptistar for more views on Sage :)
    Retired Sage.
    Moving to alts till they fix GBA boss ;(
    edited July 2010
    Tbh, when you sum IH and Plume shell up, Deceptistar . I see how demon is just a bigger mp saver for me, sense im not that rich in game. It would save my "simple" stack of 400mp herb.
    oh uh... i dont think the demon IH mp refund works on yourself, only to others.
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Wellspring Surge (89)
    Sage version reduces channeling time to 1.2 seconds.useful when using a -channeling IH and wellspring combo
    Demon verion gains an additional 20% Chi with each cast.useless for me if sage has chi-dispenser skill and when healing, chi = full

Purify (92)
    Sage verions reduces casting time to 0.5 seconds and reduces cooldown time to 1 second.
    Demon version does not consume Chi when cast.
    As seen on TV!, sage insta-chi

Vanguard Spirit (89)
    Sage version grants the target an additional 100% physical defense over 10 seconds. Faster than demon stream that u can add in a IH too
    Both you and the target have a 25% chance to gain 25 Chi.so 3/4 of the time you will not gain chi
    see big picture, sages have chi-skill but they waste more on spells

Stream of Rejuvenation (99)
    Sage version gains 30% extra Chi with each cast.
    Demon version temporarily grants the target an additional 100% bonus to equipment's physical defense.
    sage meh. demon meh. By the time it takes to cast demon stream, i can cast a better IH and a vanguard too (100% def)
    no idea how u can compare two different spells like that :P
    Plume Shell (89)
    Sage version always absorbs 85% of incoming damage.
    Demon version only requires 15 Chi.
    When u have meds and charm cost isnt an issue.
    it s not about saving mp but about survivality.. sage let u tank bit more
    Wield Thunder (99)
    Sage version has a 50% chance to gain additional 30 Chi on a successful hit.
    Demon version reduces enemy's Metal resistance by 30% for 10 seconds.
    neutral. If sage metal mastery gives +25% more metal dmg then the diff. is only 5% with demon/sage WT?
    sage metal mastery gives 25% and demon mastery 20%

Metal Mastery (92)
    Sage version always increases Metal magic damage by 25%. This is where the sage hidden power lies.
    Demon version increases critical hit rate by 2%.
    25% increase 24/7 compared to 2% crit once every new moon. Add 25% increase to all metal spells up thur pls
    5%

p.s. nice colors =)
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Choco - Raging Tide
    edited July 2010
    oh uh... i dont think the demon IH mp refund works on yourself, only to others.

i dont have demon IH yet, but a friend that got it, regretted it badly. Lvl 11 apparently = 400 mp/cast, so recovering 300 with it, its still gonna cost u. Btw, my friend went over to DD Cleric, cause IH just eats too much MP b:victory
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    demon ih is good for aoe grinders i suppose (stronger and just 100 mp per cast)

ask ur friend why he have probs with mp on engame btw

scary :P
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
    edited July 2010
    see big picture, sages have chi-skill but they waste more on spells
    waste more what... food? water? money? chi? coins? I certainly wouldnt say chi cause by the time your endgame your always full of chi. 25% gain vs 75% of no-gain on some skills isnt that helpful either.

no idea how u can compare two different spells like that :P
    just the time :3
    it s not about saving mp but about survivality.. sage let u tank bit more
    i agree. i only stated mp usage cause i see some insisting mp. i think sage plume wins hands down
    sage metal mastery gives 25% and demon mastery 20%
    5%
    oops yeah forgot to include the base
    edited July 2010
    demon ih is good for aoe grinders i suppose (stronger and just 100 mp per cast)

ask ur friend why he have probs with mp on engame btw

scary :P
    so how did demon IH suddenly become stronger than the sage one.