Proof that Lost City has a Heart

Comments

• Devlinne - Lost City
    Devlinne - Lost City Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    "For the LolS" "ITROLLULAH" And other popular **** said on forums and all, is what actually?
    You know it, i know it. Just a COVER. For acting like a mutha.
    Wadz,Jess, and all, FORGET IT. No use argue.
    Some people NEED to be like this on internet, cos they KNOW themselves where they would land up,if they act like this in RL. So it's their FANTASY...maybe stupid...but it what Makes them happy.
    SOMEONE will deal with them SOMEDAY. Better than pixel can deal with them.

For everyone giving the respect and kind words in memory of Jack. Once again thank you. Words from a stranger who never knew him and words from ingame rivals, who bothered to stop by and say a kind word.....it means MORE actually.

As for the west gate thing. Me and a few others were one of the first there, did we do it to attention seek? I can't speak for others.....but that day when i recieved the news, i just stopped...just SHOCKED...Didn't do MQ, stone,quest, stopped chatting in guild, Momosama ask me for 1 vs 1 i reject, just SYSTEM SHOCKED.....This guy....i played with him SO LONG, played AGAINST him also before. Talk, joke, make fun of his accent in vent, he make fun of mine...SO MANY MEMORIES!!! Now..never again.
    If u cannot understand why i put up my store that day at westgate, then SO BE IT.Not asking you to understand, just asking you to **** and mind your own buisness FOR ONCE.
    If got nothing good to say, MUST say something bad? Why cannot just FLY OFF and do your own thing?

Think abit. To YOU, maybe was a nobody, to SOME ppl, there is cherished memories, even LIFE experiences with Jack. Is it so HARD to keep quiet if you don't have something GOOD to say?At least in THIS ONE CASE? The daily pvp,tw,coa,WHATEVER trashtalk not enough??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A GOAT always THINKS it's a lion......untill it meets a REAL LION!!!!!
  • Agentzero - Lost City
    Agentzero - Lost City Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    farewell Woflman...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • silvertak
    silvertak Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Your friends won't forget you, you will be missed. Good player and better person.
    R.I.P. Woflmanjack
  • Showharu - Lost City
    Showharu - Lost City Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Its called learn not to give a damn. When you do a public display of mourning like such, it will always draw negative attention in some way from **** holes(like me). Just don't pretend to be shocked and outraged about it.
    Many people die everyday, I wouldn't give a damn if everyone playing this game had suddenly died, and neither will people like Amour and friends give a rats **** about it(except PWE will be pretty depressed). Its a dude you talked to over the internet, loosen up.
    I thought about making a chart about it, but I decided not to because I don't have enough information/material, not because of my good nature(that would be really bad manner i have to say lol). My sympathy doesn't exist on the internet. Lol. I am a total **** and I'm sad that i wasn't there to say flammatory ****.

I would have to agree with him, and to all the *******s out there. Anyone can hate me after this post, but what do you know I wouldn't care lol.
    If athran died I wouldn't care, if korren died i wouldn't care, if everyone in spectral died I wouldn't care... if bictor died I wouldn't care. People knew Micheal Jackson more than wolf and didn't make a big deal about it they was like w/e he died. Stop acting like you guys really care about someone in a pixel world. People die everday go make a tribute for all of them. You can call me heartless, evil or whatever but in the end seriously who cares.

I wonder how many poeple would hate me and call me a ***** ******* if I ended my post like this.... LOLUMAD LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

But ya I feel sorry for wolfs but then again I feel sorry for people in haiti etc... it goes on who cares. Ok Im done.
    I don't care.
    Keeps me happy, everyone should do it.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I would have to agree with him, and to all the *******s out there. Anyone can hate me after this post, but what do you know I wouldn't care lol.
    If athran died I wouldn't care, if korren died i wouldn't care, if everyone in spectral died I wouldn't care... if bictor died I wouldn't care. People knew Micheal Jackson more than wolf and didn't make a big deal about it they was like w/e he died. Stop acting like you guys really care about someone in a pixel world. People die everday go make a tribute for all of them. You can call me heartless, evil or whatever but in the end seriously who cares.

I wonder how many poeple would hate me and call me a ***** ******* if I ended my post like this.... LOLUMAD LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

But ya I feel sorry for wolfs but then again I feel sorry for people in haiti etc... it goes on who cares. Ok Im done.

I like how you only mention Spectral players...so with the same logic here:

If Midnight died you wouldn't care? If Arravis died you wouldn't care? If LLama died you wouldn't care? If Haiz died you wouldn't care?

A bunch of heartless ****ers in this world....Anyone who says you do not form friendships or relationships online in this game are only lying to themselves....

This whole thing makes me sick...All I will say on this topic openly again....Wolf is in a better place now, one in which we can all hope to be one day...My thoughts and prayers continue to be with his family...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Showharu - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    I like how you only mention Spectral players...so with the same logic here:

If Midnight died you wouldn't care? If Arravis died you wouldn't care? If LLama died you wouldn't care? If Haiz died you wouldn't care?

A bunch of heartless ****ers in this world....Anyone who says you do not form friendships or relationships online in this game are only lying to themselves....

This whole thing makes me sick...All I will say on this topic openly again....Wolf is in a better place now, one in which we can all hope to be one day...My thoughts and prayers continue to be with his family...

RedRose you would be right if I didn't know if Midnight irl and LLama who dont live to far from me. I never denied I formed friendship online. They are my friends but would I feel sad and mourn for them no, I would only feel sorry for their family.
    Mentioning midnight was just dumb cuz hes like a brother to me.
    If you want me to name people off my fl let it be. If Daikoku died would I care? If Elayne died would I care? If RedRose died would I care?
    I dont think you got what I was saying in my post people make a big deal about 1 person when so many people have died. Everyone will meet their fate soon deal with it, its what God had set for them.

You have no idea how I would feel about someone.
    I don't care.
  • Phaige - Lost City
    Phaige - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I found about Jack till I logged on and saw all the WC going on. I didn't know him at all other than TW a few times but that doesn't mean I'm not human. I did what came normal for me since I'm catholic and prayed for his trip to be trouble free. It was bad to have read people mourning the death of a friend and have others mocking them. Just seems people handle things in a different way but still....better not go into details.
    Wolf may you R.I.P.
  • Pew_Pew - Raging Tide
    Pew_Pew - Raging Tide Posts: 1,037 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    mmm just started reading this thread randomly...mmm talking about this kind of stuff online is...well....a waste of time...really a young person die that sux a lot but a lot of ppl die everyday and a lot of ppl don't give a ***, so let ppl troll, laught, respect, QQ or do whatever they want keep playing the game...and close this thread that is all
  • lurchilurch
    lurchilurch Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    ...mmm talking about this kind of stuff online is...well....a waste of time...

... also... wrong server dude b:laugh

here's what I think: if you don't like what happened you can either:

-ignore it
    -QQ about it / display the hypocrisy once or twice on wc
    -send in a ticket complaining about real life stuff dragged into the game

but just because you think it's wrong to meet at a virtual place in a game to talk about a friend that died it doesn't mean it's wrong for everyone who went there and did so.

The Spectral members had no possibility to meet at his funeral so they decided to do it in game and not just for their faction but also for players who knew him.
    Maybe some of you will eventually at some point of your life travel abroad and find out people aren't the same everywhere in the world. Things that seem normal to you may seem odd to others, but I bet you're glad if your habbits as long as they don't harm others are at least respected.
    So if it seemed right for some of the players to come together and share memories of a friend they lost, people should have at least the decency and bit their tongue instead of turning it into a mockery.

just my 2 cents
  • FateBlade - Lost City
    FateBlade - Lost City Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Personally i paid my respects. I don't know the dude irl or in game but its never a good thing when someone dies.

Now to the 4 you mentioned they werent making fun of the fact that the guy died. No one is doing that and no one is happy he died, its a sad thing. They were just pointing out that there were many on that wall that had Woflman never been in spectral wouldnt have given a **** about him and therefore would not have been on the wall.

To those that knew him that was a kinda nice thing you did for him, though in the end a meaningless portrayal in a video game but it was still respectful and kind. To those who were just conforming and doing it because everyone else was doing it and really didn't care, your spectacle was just as bad a mockery as those who pointed you out.

For those who made fun of them, one of you made a good point. We don't know how he died, though some might, most don't. Sure a car accident but was he drinking and driving? Turned illegally or tried to make a yellow light and failed? We don't know these things. They were simply pointing out that while making a memorial to him might not be all that bad by itself, the obvious exaggerations and flaunting it to somewhat make yourselves look like better people than you are is what they were making fun of, not the man or the tragedy. And I don't think you can honestly sit there and tell me that everyone on that wall gave a rats **** about WoflmanJack.

Edit: I was just at the wall again right now and my point is made. Those who really knew him are still there, most of them are ex-GZ. /thread.

You noob, last time runed to SZ, becouse you was uncharmed and can't kill me 1vs1 even your gear better than mine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    You noob, last time runed to SZ, becouse you was uncharmed and can't kill me 1vs1 even your gear better than mine.

USE THE RUNES TO ESCAPE TO SAFE ZONE

lolcaps
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I was typing a long-winded post but decided to delete it for the tl:dr version.

Death is tragic. It is part of life and it happens. The mourning, sweet at first became a mockery of itself. Nobody online mourns his loss like his family or real life friends. It's one thing to pay tribute or to pass a joke. It's another to mock and make fun of the tragic event. Neither reach the severity of doing this in-person to someone you actually knew. Anyone who was deeply affected by this really needs to seek counseling. Mourn your friend, let it go. Carrying on like this accomplishes nothing.

BTW, throw in a few questions of morality. how many of you knew that another player in ThaClick passed away recently and how did you react? How many of you have wished cancer or death on George Bush? How does one person's death warrant so much attention and another just quietly ignored?

Wofly's death was tragic to those that really knew him and really cared for him. To those that mattered, none of this should. The rest is internet arguing. One could say that the reactions from either mourning or mockery are better than none. He's not the only one who has passed away on PWI, but apparently he's the only one important enough to be worth the drama.

RIP Wofly, I didn't know you and you were mostly an enemy... I'm sure you would have appreciated the tribute as well as few of the really funny jokes that were in horrible taste. I know I would. b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • XTryToBeaTMe - Lost City
    XTryToBeaTMe - Lost City Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    b:cry love you jack <3b:sad we missing you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Lifes like a movie , Just make sure your the lead role in yours b:cute
  • Fetid - Lost City
    Fetid - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Personal attacks are personal attacks. If Elayne were to die Spectral would've been the first ones to mention his hair, I'm sure. Most Essence do not ridicule this man's life, but the Spectral who believe themselves to be of a higher worth because they say RIP and pay these so called 'respects' to a person they did not know.

More controversial than abortion, oh my days.
    My fetus will destroy you.
    (</3) My heart is shattered. I will share the pain.
  • ponyduck
    ponyduck Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    [QUOTE=Showharu - Lost City;89578

You have no idea how I would feel about someone.[/QUOTE]

You just said it. You just justified all the condolence messages ppl wrote.

You have no idea how THEY would feel about someone.

I've always wondered why people can invest intellect, skills, knowledge, etc., into their internet experiences, but for some reason feelings are not supposed to be included.

Human beings are complex creatures. You cannot divorce one aspect of your personality, no matter where you are. The internet is a place comprised of people, just as at school, or work, or play. We bring the whole of us everywhere we go, including the internet.

Don't use "the internet is not the real world" as an excuse anymore. It's getting old.
  • Ignation - Lost City
    Ignation - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I r behind screenz, I livez 100z millionz of milez awayz, I are not scurred.
    ^
    Logic of trollers, bullied to death irl, showing they are men enough to speak behind a screen, fearing for their twisted actions to be seen publicly, so they decide to use anonymity as their justification for idiotic and sick behavior.

And Wadzio, Elayne did not approve of the things that have been said, he simply stated the fact that some people went for the lolz. He said there should be a line when trolling.
    "It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause, who at best knows achievement and who at the worst if he fails at least fails while daring greatly so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    ^
    Logic of trollers, bullied to death irl, showing they are men enough to speak behind a screen, fearing for their twisted actions to be seen publicly, so they decide to use anonymity as their justification for idiotic and sick behavior.

And Wadzio, Elayne did not approve of the things that have been said, he simply stated the fact that some people went for the lolz. He said there should be a line when trolling.

Me are behind your wall, Me live right behind you, Me are scurring away with your noms.

b:avoid
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Personal attacks are personal attacks. If Elayne were to die Spectral would've been the first ones to mention his hair, I'm sure.

Amour, you have no idea how any guild would react if someone from Essence would die. No one does until it happens.

Nice try!
    Here we go again....
  • Showharu - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    ponyduck wrote: »
    You just said it. You just justified all the condolence messages ppl wrote.

You have no idea how THEY would feel about someone.

I've always wondered why people can invest intellect, skills, knowledge, etc., into their internet experiences, but for some reason feelings are not supposed to be included.

Human beings are complex creatures. You cannot divorce one aspect of your personality, no matter where you are. The internet is a place comprised of people, just as at school, or work, or play. We bring the whole of us everywhere we go, including the internet.

Don't use "the internet is not the real world" as an excuse anymore. It's getting old.

Look buddy you quoted the wrong person lol, I started not giving a **** a long time agob:bye. You say I have no idea how they feel. I had some spectral pm me saying "I just went to look all goodie goodie^_^". I wont name names to blow up there spot. Sure it doesn't go for everyone in spec but I loled when I saw it.
    The internet is not the real world and I'm not using it as an excuse, lol for what?
    Everyone hides behind a screen cuz they feel a lot more comfortable, I know many people who wouldn't say the things they say online irl to a real person but that just common knowledge.
    Yes I know its my own opinion everyone has theirs thats why you shouldn't care about what im saying.
    I'm a nice person but I also know I'm a heartless ****er as RedRose has addressed me by.
    I don't care.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I actually make fun of my black friends irl more than in this game.
  • Annastasia - Lost City
    Annastasia - Lost City Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Sorry to say this.. but they WERE making fun of the fact that a life was taken.

"He should have used a rez scroll"

"LOL LOL LOL Spectral member died IRL"

and other colorful comments I don't wish to repeat were said.

Your people were there to troll Spectral.. when what happened had nothing to do with Spectral at all. Sure it was his last guild, but there were others there not in the guild.

All of his friends came together to the place he enjoyed the most in the game to grieve together. Of course many of us never met him face to face.. but that doesn't mean a relationship, friendship and comradely wasn't forged through the game and vent. Not all of us has the means to fly to germany for a funeral... so we did what we could to mourn the loss of a friend-- and it was flamed because of a guild tag over many of our heads.

The mockery shown for the loss of life, and how a community of people mourning is just an illustration that people take this game way too seriously with their hate for their opponent. It wasn't even about flaming for the fun of the game...the things were said went far beyond that.

I didn't see you there Susa... so please don't try to make excuses for those who were spitting out hate. We were there, we saw the text that was written. It wasn't about the get together. It was about having a laugh at the expense of someone's death.

Poor form.

to be expected from Essence. bunch of young boys running rough shod trying to out do each other with outrageous actions. doesnt matter if just one person is doing it or all, if you wear the same guild tag above your head you represent one another.

loss of life is sad no matter what (@Susa saying what if he was dui or w/e) someone lost a son, brother, father, cousin... if one gets so calloused that a loss of life is a laughing matter then made you need to step back from the computer and take a really hard look at yourself. myself, i think some people don't know how to react to death so they try to make a joke out of it to make themselves feel better about it. or they are so starved for attention that they will stoop that low to get even negative attention. either way i feel really sorry for them.
  • Fetid - Lost City
    Fetid - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Amour, you have no idea how any guild would react if someone from Essence would die. No one does until it happens.

Nice try!

Really? I can make an educated guess. Key word being educated.
    My fetus will destroy you.
    (</3) My heart is shattered. I will share the pain.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    ^

I'd have to disagree with that, not that I condone what you said that I didn't quote.

Becoming too emotionally attached to your monitor, taking internet way too seriously = being holed up in a dark room interacting with the computer too much. Death is a tragic thing, but a lot of people who play MMOs are internet junkies in the first place and have other bigger issues then what happens on the other side of a screen to someone they'll never really know or never really meet and thinking anything they say or do will actually have an impact on the tragedy. Then again, I wasn't born or raised on the internet, so my views may be different than someone who got their first instant messenger ID when they were like 6 or something and view everything happening in their mmo or chat screen to be real life.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Bictor - Lost City
    Bictor - Lost City Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    When you do useless **** like mass mourning in a pixelated world, it sure going to attract drama. Keep that in mind next time you're about to take the internet serious and do meaningless, attention seeking shiet like this.
    Lets face it, feeling sorry for one's death(especially just an online person that you've never met physically) can be understood by all. To blow it out of proportion for no good reason such as mass catshop is a desperate cry for attention. "look at me! my e-friend died and i feel so bad, lets mass catshop to get attention from other people for sympathy. We can act high and mighty if they be douches and insult my dead e-friend. Hopefully these douches will show up because i can't wait to create more drama that'll make me look like a sympathetic good person, and my enemy look like a sadistic **** hole."
  • Pervs - Lost City
    Pervs - Lost City Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    This is just shows how bad Spectral WBs are. They don't know when to turtle. :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _ladanum - Lost City
    _ladanum - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2010

lmao pervs b:chuckle that made my day
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    thanks to Nowitsawn for the sig b:laugh
  • Whiteshade - Lost City
    Whiteshade - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2010

Proof that Lost City has a Heart ?
  • Basch - Lost City
    Basch - Lost City Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I didn't know Wofl as well as some but he was a very decent guy. I had my fair share of fights with him as well as fought beside him. I didn't find out what had happened until this past Sunday and only today got internet access back temporarily to make this post. Those that say they don't care that's your own choice, but in respect for the dead, keep it to your damn self. My condolences to Wofl's family even if they won't see this.
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Majority of the replies in this thread made me wonder why Eugenics is still not in action today.

So unfortunate....
  • Etaerc - Lost City
    Etaerc - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Majority of the replies in this thread made me wonder why Eugenics is still not in action today.

So unfortunate....
    Blame religion and how politically correct we have forced to become.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]