[Promotion] Facebook Connect - Receive Jones' Blessing!

Comments

• axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Or just press tab to select it?

Works fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ACLucius - Archosaur
    ACLucius - Archosaur Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Tried it, wasn't working for me. It'd go through the tabs at the top and then down to the bottom, nothing in between.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Didn't get the rest of it, but apparently I am the "destroyer of sin haters" as well.
  • Darcwolf - Lost City
    Darcwolf - Lost City Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    divinenyte wrote: »
    Ok people....im sure im not the only one; this blessing is good for a while but when people abuse it by reproducing it on alts and sending them to their mains after their first or second or 3rd has run out is getting freakin old. This **** needs to end....its throwing the balance way off; please end this on the next maintenance and get rid of the ones that people have stacked...this is a bunch of bull... u dunderheads could have at least made an opposive blessing that gives 30 def so we can defend against the ones abusing this rediculous attack blessing. The classes with stuns...*which i might add have _NO DOWNSIDE TO THEM....NO MINUS TO ATTACK OR ACCURACY OR ANYTHING-...this is the only move iv seen thats got no downside to it; but everything else does; make it reduce attack by a certain % or take away the damn 5 hits per second whats the damn point in being a arcane that does awsome DD to non-arcanes if we cant even get a freakin hit in or kill them let alone even be able to do slight DD before we're dead in a matter of seconds 5 seconds if we're even lucky enough to live that long. Ok im done venting.....and i meant every word i stated.........DEAL WITH IT!!! To the ones that hate this comment....if u we're in others shoes and didnt have these abilities ud be pissed to.

I agree, these blessing should be disabled by now, people are stacking 20+ of these things on alts and mailboxes, just another reason this game is broken.
  • Lizzzie - Heavens Tear
    Lizzzie - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    these blessing should be de-activated for tw at least. there is nothing fun about the strongest faction on the map being 30% stronger and able to wipe the next strongest faction 30% faster. maybe give us all the choice of 30% attack or 30% defense blessing lol kinda even it up a bit
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    these blessing should be de-activated for tw at least. there is nothing fun about the strongest faction on the map being 30% stronger and able to wipe the next strongest faction 30% faster. maybe give us all the choice of 30% attack or 30% defense blessing lol kinda even it up a bit

hey hiding urbanpulse, yes +30% def lvl would counter the 30 atk in tw, but it would also make farming TT, WB, ect way too easy, yes it makes it harder for you as a catabarb, what do you think that 30% DO sale was for a few weeks ago
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited June 2010

LOL hi urbanpulse. :D

Anyways, to the point, yes, I think a +30 def lvl should be implemented. I dont see anything happening, but wait!

Maint isnt over yet, we can only wait and see.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    The Jone's Blessing page on the main site has been bumped and updated with a new graphic with no change to content.

Doesn't look like they are going away anytime soon -.-
  • doraku
    doraku Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    So, im seeing this everywhere, what does Jones Blessing do anyways? Is it a skill or an item?
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    A note to people making complaints about stacking.

You can do this 8 times a day, correct?

Now think about what happens if this were to suddenly end today. All the people with stacked blessings would have what is basically a permanent 30% damage advantage over... everyone else in the game. On the other hand, if this thing STAYS up then all the people who stack wind up doing is wasting their mailbox space while the rest of us simply pick up our blessing once a week and move on.

Now let's face it, when the promotion ends, PWI will NOT remove all the extra blessings. So do you people really want to QQ so much that those who stacked have a huge advantage over you, or would you rather nullify their advantage for as long as you possibly can (those considering a def level blessing are taking a step in the right direction, though it does have annoying repercussions outside of PvP).
  • teethewicked
    teethewicked Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I suppose I shouldn't be too happy about this, but in actuality, I am finding it to be nice. I play on a PvE server, and I don't do factions, so other than the occasional duel, I don't PvP much. And these boxes do help in PvE, especially with the annoying Orchid temple quests. Of course, maybe I stand as few who are more into PvE, but they help me in getting higher level, and my goal is to have all my characters as high as possible, so that I offer my un-factioned services to others.
    Don't be jealous of my boogie.
    Trainer%20Card.jpg
  • Aelfieurin - Harshlands
    Aelfieurin - Harshlands Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Ya i gotta agree the blessings were good for a short time but stacking them.... destroys balance. At least you guys should remove the ability to account stash and stack them... as well as deleting stacked ones ppl have. And i really hope the rumors about shutting the game down are false, this is a good game and I enjoy playing it. All that needs to happen is a little bit of balance.... take the blessings away u have got ur advertising and stuff so let it settel, actually if u let everything drop back to how it was before the massive 2x events it will allow u to repeat this prossess later on. balance is what is needed, kill the blessings
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    Dsholder - Dreamweaver Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Why didn't we get a opportunity to choose + 30 defence levels? The max attack level is already capped @ 100 and some of us barbs need defence in Territory War to pull catapults and take hits. The + 30 attack levels messed this up badly.
    [SIGPIC]http://a.imageshack.us/img714/9433/testoz.jpg[/SIGPIC]

If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke.
  • Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear
    Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Why dont we get some kinda counter to jones blessing, some means of defense...
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    OMarvelous - Sanctuary Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    While I realize they money making potential in this, you gotta pull your heads out every now and then.

At least make it +15 ATT level, +15 Def Level.

Or the ability to choose.
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I nearly spat out my coffee when I saw the image for the Facebook Connect promo on the patcher! You stole my veno! Where did you get that pic from? That's exactly what she looked like as a heavy veno, same armour, same face, same weapon, same hair, same skin colour O_o!

I don't have any full body shots, since her build and face has chnaged but...
    reikara7-2-1.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I can't seem to get the Jones Blessing, according to the widget, none of my toons exist. Please refer to my post in the Technical Support forum for details. It also explains as to how I cannot submit a ticket...

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=779352
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • QQCryMyName - Harshlands
    QQCryMyName - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    is it the right account? i know i messed up a few times, cause i have 6 accounts yet there all empty on my server but 1 account and couldn't think of why the hell it wasn't working xD
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Yup, it's the right account, checked that several times myself. And according to the widget and ticketing, it's this account that I'm posting from that doesn't exist....
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited July 2010
    Anyone else unable to connect? It keeps saying connection interrupted when it tries to go to the selection page. b:angry
  • Lizzzie - Heavens Tear
    Lizzzie - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    so when the hell are they taking these out of tw and making them pve/regular world based items...?
  • fudgesicles
    fudgesicles Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    FYI - you don't see the Facebook button when using FireFox. May want to change that as a large portion of players probably use FF as default browser.

Firefox is like Apple and Internet Explorer is...like Microsoft -.-

So much for creating an analogy
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    You do realize, PWE... you do realize that you're going to start being HATED on Facebook, right?

Think about it. Every time one gets a Jones Blessing, it gets posted to your friends' news feeds. So you're basically feed-spamming the friends of every player who gets the bless box.

And what do Facebook users hate more than anything? Annoying apps and games posting things that they don't care about to their news feed. At this rate, you're gonna start to be looked at on the level of Farmville now. And that sucks, seeing as all Farmville is, is a casual fad game and not a real game like this one (and yes, there are plenty of people who hate Farmville just for the idiotic postings).

Now smart people... people who don't want to annoy the living hell out of their friends daily... are going to make a dummy account to get their blessings with. But that defeats your purpose, doesn't it? Dummy accounts rarely if ever have any friends, so no one sees your feed posts.

And what about the people without Facebook? Would they register dummy accounts too? Or would they go without this item? Would they dare to PVP without it?

So essentially, you've told us "hey, if you annoy your friends, we'll give you a game-breaking item!" Good job, PWE. Pat on the back.

Now please just take them out. -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • ZilCaVanz - Lost City
    ZilCaVanz - Lost City Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    wat if we already 'like' the pwi thingi on fcbook ages ago, still in the contest rite? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    You do realize, PWE... you do realize that you're going to start being HATED on Facebook, right?

Think about it. Every time one gets a Jones Blessing, it gets posted to your friends' news feeds. So you're basically feed-spamming the friends of every player who gets the bless box.

And what do Facebook users hate more than anything? Annoying apps and games posting things that they don't care about to their news feed. At this rate, you're gonna start to be looked at on the level of Farmville now. And that sucks, seeing as all Farmville is, is a casual fad game and not a real game like this one (and yes, there are plenty of people who hate Farmville just for the idiotic postings).

Now smart people... people who don't want to annoy the living hell out of their friends daily... are going to make a dummy account to get their blessings with. But that defeats your purpose, doesn't it? Dummy accounts rarely if ever have any friends, so no one sees your feed posts.

And what about the people without Facebook? Would they register dummy accounts too? Or would they go without this item? Would they dare to PVP without it?

So essentially, you've told us "hey, if you annoy your friends, we'll give you a game-breaking item!" Good job, PWE. Pat on the back.

Now please just take them out. -_-

suppose i best break the news, farmville is actualy the worlds most played game on the planet, its played more then games like wow, cod, ****, u name it,
    it seems PWI has actualy gone the right approach, regardless of how anoying the spam app may be to some extent.

eitherway, i hope to god they dont remove them (atleast for pve bonus) since it makes grinding worth while once again, especialy with the -20% DQ price, so please...all u fc/oracle/hyper monkeys stop the moaning.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    suppose i best break the news, farmville is actualy the worlds most played game on the planet, its played more then games like wow, cod, ****, u name it,
    Where's your source for that?

And if it's true, it's just because Farmville is/was a fad.
    it seems PWI has actualy gone the right approach, regardless of how anoying the spam app may be to some extent.
    Well PWE has been giving themselves a rep for profit at the expense of as much user sanity as we'll let them get away with. But they have also been receptive to us... when we beat them over the head enough. XD
    eitherway, i hope to god they dont remove them (atleast for pve bonus) since it makes grinding worth while once again, especialy with the -20% DQ price, so please...all u fc/oracle/hyper monkeys stop the moaning.
    As if they even cared about fixing grinding and making it profitable again, right? -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Where's your source for that?

And if it's true, it's just because Farmville is/was a fad.

i dont have the sources on me, i got the info from Tiga (a professional game dev company) whilst talking to one of there representatives about games industry and marketing amongst other things.

i think PWE will keep this jones blessing up if it notifys there facebook for advertisment purposes, still though, the pvp thing has possibly gone abit OTT for some classes (i dont pvp much so idk) but for pve its like i said, grinding seems worth it again with them on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Spirit_Age - Raging Tide
    Spirit_Age - Raging Tide Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    IT failed. The window once it connects does not close, it does not refresh the page, and it doesn't give me jones' blessing.

The window that is for fb connect is titaled "XD proxy"

b:shocked
    I quit. Nothing ever changes @ PWE or PW CN . Expansion was over hyped. Guild bases (that looked cool) can be destroyed, so why waste the time if your a in a small faction like me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Dorset. I quit. Nothing ever changes @ PWE or PW CN
    -ZeroDefects-"trollin trollin trollin. keep those flames a rollin. keep that post count growing. flamebait!" -Vitenka- "You are modifying the game files. That's not allowed. The freaking end."
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    i dont have the sources on me, i got the info from Tiga (a professional game dev company) whilst talking to one of there representatives about games industry and marketing amongst other things.

i think PWE will keep this jones blessing up if it notifys there facebook for advertisment purposes, still though, the pvp thing has possibly gone abit OTT for some classes (i dont pvp much so idk) but for pve its like i said, grinding seems worth it again with them on.

Yeah, tragically, I've heard those stats about farmville as well--one of the most popular things on Facebook right now and has also generated millions in revenue through the microtransactions the game offers. People are looking at it as a successful expansion on the F2P business model--expect more stuff like that on Facebook in the future.

So I think PWI is just joining the social networking game. Only time will tell if it works for them or not.

And I, like many others, humbly request that you put some upper limit on # blessings allowed, or deactivate them at a certain date, [giving warning to the players of course].
  • GAEILGE - Heavens Tear
    GAEILGE - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    2 days ago i got 8 blessings in my mail i waited 24 hrs and tried to get another 8 and was unable another 24 hrs later i still cant get another 8 wen i try it says Dont worry we wont do anything with your facebook blah blah blah.. anyone got any ideas on how i can get more blessings ?
  • lurchilurch
    lurchilurch Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I don't like facebook and I don't plan on ever creating an account be it fake or not....

I guess I have to quit and uninstall the game now since everyone else will just have a permanent +30 att lvl blessing

You wanna know the reasons for me not to have a facebook account?

wait ~5 years and you'll know y ^^
This discussion has been closed.