[Promotion] Facebook Connect - Receive Jones' Blessing!

Options

Comments

• Sint - Harshlands
    Sint - Harshlands Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    blessing sucks.

everyone who was deemed "squishy" before is now a 1shot to everyone else, and barbs can no longer hold aggro. Meanwhile, sins throw a massive party because with the +30 atklvl stealth ganking with double spark works in higher lvls.

funny how we havnt seen gm hair or hide since page 5.
  • divinenyte
    divinenyte Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    OOHH...OOOOOOOHH...OOOOOOH.OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH WHAT ARE YOU DUMB **** DVE'S N GM,'S GONNA DO NOW HUH....NOW YA GOT ALOT OF PEOPLE THREATENING TO QUIT BECAUSE OF UR STUPID BLESSINGS LOL... Now i cant wait to see the outcome of how many leave this game for fake PWI...and guess what....... *LMAO U IDIOTS BROUGHT IT ALL ON URSELVES LOL FOR INTRODUCING THAT PLAGUE OF A BLESSING LMAO* TELL US THIS PWI....WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU GONNA DO WHEN YOU LOSE TOO MANY OF UR SUPPORTERS THAT CASH SHOP IN HERE HUH? LOL! Here's a hint: *FIRE THE IDIOT OR IDIOTS THAT CAME UP WITH THE IDEA FOR BLESSINGS INSTEAD OF SOMETHING ELSE FOR FACEBOOK........LOL! Face it peeps this game is finished if these things are forever!b:bye
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    divinenyte wrote: »
    Wall of caps and drama.

Nyte, you as well as me and many others have put enough money into this game to make sure the game doesn't close down any time soon. As dramatic as your post is, and as inconvenient as these blessings may be for some, this single little blessing will not be the downfall of PWI. Might PWI have a downfall? Certainly, with their poor community interaction, horrible game maintenance, and lust for money. But don't expect to see a mass exodus over this blessing.

@ lurchilurch: Waah. Cool story bro, have fun, you won't be missed. 5 years from now, if I'm even still playing this game, and it turns out Facebook is the anti-Christ, I'll be sure to reference this post and give you full glory for your prophecy.
  • warlocksbank2
    warlocksbank2 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    You do realize, PWE... you do realize that you're going to start being HATED on Facebook, right?

Think about it. Every time one gets a Jones Blessing, it gets posted to your friends' news feeds. So you're basically feed-spamming the friends of every player who gets the bless box.

And how is this different than the Facebook users spamming me with "my pet needs food" "help my farm" "join mafia/vampire wars"? Let's face it, if you're on Facebook, you learn to delete these posts quickly or ignore them. Who cares.

Now smart people... people who don't want to annoy the living hell out of their friends daily... are going to make a dummy account to get their blessings with. But that defeats your purpose, doesn't it? Dummy accounts rarely if ever have any friends, so no one sees your feed posts.

I guess you have really really polite FB friends. All of mine spam me with things. I don't hate them for it.
    So essentially, you've told us "hey, if you annoy your friends, we'll give you a game-breaking item!" Good job, PWE. Pat on the back.

Yep, it's called free marketing. Again, I think everyone is taking this way too far. You get one blessing every 7 days, take it or leave it. I don't understand how it's a game breaking item. Just take it off when you don't need it. I haven't even been in squad with one other person who has it yet.

And aren't they just here for the summer?
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    You can always click on an option to block any facebook application form posting on your wall.

Or you can block your friend from posting on your wall, and even limiting what he can see.
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

Yep, it's called free marketing. Again, I think everyone is taking this way too far. You get one blessing every 7 days, take it or leave it. I don't understand how it's a game breaking item. Just take it off when you don't need it. I haven't even been in squad with one other person who has it yet.

The problem is, people are not getting one every 7 days. They are filling their mailboxes all at once, or as much as they can, and have the blessings stacked for months. So what happens when you do not keep up with these people, and 2 months from now you are at regular attack level and they still have +30?

Since it lasts 7 days regardless of how you use it, nobody takes it off. This causes problems for barbs- in TW and aggro holding. Not to mention the fact that archers and wizards have an even bigger oneshot potential. So PvP and PvE is affected. Players have begun to get used to the new adjustment, but that does not mean it's a good thing.

When large numbers of people complain, you always have some who say in response, essentially, "put up or shut up." But sooner or later, the putting up is not so fun anymore, and the line of tolerance is crossed. The blessing is a big deal to those people. A facebook promotion that gives you months of attack power better than any ingame weapon [save warsoul] can provide? Not for me.
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    Torsay - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I am stuck with 2 jones's blessing tickets in my inventory. They aren't turning into jones blessings and I can't get rid of them.

Any ideas how to get the two inventory slots they take back?
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    The problem is, people are not getting one every 7 days. They are filling their mailboxes all at once, or as much as they can, and have the blessings stacked for months. So what happens when you do not keep up with these people, and 2 months from now you are at regular attack level and they still have +30?

Since it lasts 7 days regardless of how you use it, nobody takes it off. This causes problems for barbs- in TW and aggro holding. Not to mention the fact that archers and wizards have an even bigger oneshot potential. So PvP and PvE is affected. Players have begun to get used to the new adjustment, but that does not mean it's a good thing.

When large numbers of people complain, you always have some who say in response, essentially, "put up or shut up." But sooner or later, the putting up is not so fun anymore, and the line of tolerance is crossed. The blessing is a big deal to those people. A facebook promotion that gives you months of attack power better than any ingame weapon [save warsoul] can provide? Not for me.

Who needs barbs to tank these days? Only some world boss. And in PvP barbs are only good for cata pulling. The blessing clearly benefits the rest of us. Even clerics are hitting as hard as mages used to, mages hitting more now.

And you'll never have a large number of people complaining because DDs are the majority of the population. Even the hard core clerics would ahve rolled a sin or psychic when the tbs came out.
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Who needs barbs to tank these days? Only some world boss. And in PvP barbs are only good for cata pulling. The blessing clearly benefits the rest of us. Even clerics are hitting as hard as mages used to, mages hitting more now.

And you'll never have a large number of people complaining because DDs are the majority of the population. Even the hard core clerics would ahve rolled a sin or psychic when the tbs came out.

I agree sadly...roles of classes/balance of classes has changed as a result. Doesn't change the fact that they introduced a huge game changing boost via a promotion rather than any in game means...but those who stay are obviously fine with it.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    And how is this different than the Facebook users spamming me with "my pet needs food" "help my farm" "join mafia/vampire wars"? Let's face it, if you're on Facebook, you learn to delete these posts quickly or ignore them. Who cares.
    I guess you have really really polite FB friends. All of mine spam me with things. I don't hate them for it.
    Resignation to this kind of "sucker-marketing" isn't anything I'd like to do. When I get on FB, I want to see updates from my friends, not what terrible casual game they're playing. Luckily I don't get so much spam... and I haven't blocked Farmville or anything yet, but that's only because I'm amused by the failure some of my friends partake in. If it ever became a problem for me, I'd block it.

You point me to where they said that, and I'll be a lot happier. XD

As far as I know, blessings are going to be here as long as we keep taking the bait, and even if they have an end-date, the game-breaking will continue for months afterward as Rillien described.

... *casually sharpens pitchfork for the inevitable mob-raid on Frankie*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Veins - Dreamweaver
    Veins - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    This entire concept is ridiculous. The lack of attention in this matter is astounding, especially considering the sheer amount of outcry from the community. There is no reason why this can't be fixed so that both sides of the argument are completely happy:

Just release a new blessing that has +30 attack AND +30 defense.

It keeps the benefit for PVE (even more now, obviously) while it simultaneously restores balance to PVP. If everyone has the same defensive increase as their offensive increase, it's as if the blessings don't even exist in PVP.

Meanwhile, PWI still has the ability to make everybody spam Facebook for these packs and do their marketing for them, since there's still the risk of being caught in PVP completely without it.

While this wouldn't stop the people from complaining about having to use Facebook to get an utterly gamebreaking item, it would completely negate ALL complaints about balance issues, which make up the bulk of the problem.

There is literally no reason why this should not happen.
    :3
  • charmblssm
    charmblssm Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I have used 2 Jones Blessings already.. when my last one expired I got a new one, only I get a message now that says Current Item Cannot Be Used...

The slot is open, so I'm not sure what the problem is here.

Anyone else having this issue?
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    so when is +60atk level blessing coming out?
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    so when is +60atk level blessing coming out?

With the next generation of packs, of course. I mean, this is how loving the devs are, after all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ogath - Heavens Tear
    Ogath - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    *dies laughing*

30% attac power ain't too bad. At the price of all of my friends finding out I play PWI....b:chuckleb:chuckle

i agree although some people will say that if they were your true friends that shouldn't matter
    new race the cursed.

pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132&highlight=cursed

plenty of ideas and lots of support come and help us.
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    When will these blessings be removed?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Krades - Heavens Tear
    Krades - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    When will these blessings be removed?

It seems permanent, I like the buff b:victory
    I am actually downloading pwi again, yea yea they get some people back (newbies mostly)!!
  • wetpatch
    wetpatch Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    lol how long you guys been playing A WEEK ?
    from the char lvls your posting it dont look like much longer .

From what i can see is the most gain from the jjones blessings is on the higher lvl players .

the few extra attack points on low lvl weapons dont seam to have a very great affect ,

b:laugh
  • DevilishTaki - Lost City
    DevilishTaki - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    23 pages...bleh its late, I'll skip reading them so If I mention something that's already been mentioned ignore it.

Just when I thought the Packs were the worst thing they surprise me again.

You could just remove the notice it gives your facebook account after you register and set it so it asks you for permission before it wants to post on your wall again in the future.
    Immunity to logic is my greatest strength.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    the blessings suck.
    need to be removed.

op classes are more op.
    charm burn is insane in pvp if ure not just 1 shotted by everyone now. (I assume this was the intent= more charm burn= more cash revenue)
    Here we go again....
  • Nieren - Dreamweaver
    Nieren - Dreamweaver Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    the blessings suck.
    need to be removed.

op classes are more op.
    charm burn is insane in pvp if ure not just 1 shotted by everyone now. (I assume this was the intent= more charm burn= more cash revenue)

No, you could get one to, and possibly 1 shot them, its not a one to nothing advantage if you have one too. Get them, enjoy them, and be happy were getting them FREE. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
    Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    No, you could get one to, and possibly 1 shot them, its not a one to nothing advantage if you have one too. Get them, enjoy them, and be happy were getting them FREE. b:surrender

The only problem I have with the blessings is...you need a Facebook account to get them. b:spit

I despise Facebook. b:angry
  • budhahaikami
    budhahaikami Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Step 3: Choose your Server and Character that you want to receive Jones' Blessing

Nothing pops up for me. Using FF on Windows7 atm. Oh well, no blessing for me then.

I thought you had to use email addres that is same for both that PWI account and Facebook account, thats how I bo my 2 accounts, with 2 facebook accounts using same email as corresponding PWI accounts.
  • Atem - Harshlands
    Atem - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Ok guys enough is enough this is gettign way to long. I am getting tired of all teh attack levels. Remember when these boxes used to last 7 days then it was impossible to get after that, you couldnt stack them in ur mail box?
  • dg222hoang
    dg222hoang Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    how come i get the Jones blessing ticket instead..and it can't be equip..or right click won't work too..:( got it out of mail after register.. is it some kind of glitch?
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    dg222hoang wrote: »
    how come i get the Jones blessing ticket instead..and it can't be equip..or right click won't work too..:( got it out of mail after register.. is it some kind of glitch?

It should open automatically, giving you a jones blessing (can't put a timed item in mail). Seems like a glitch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    It should open automatically, giving you a jones blessing (can't put a timed item in mail). Seems like a glitch.

It's not a glitch, it's like a package. The same as your wrapped gifts of X-Mas, B'days, etc.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • migalia
    migalia Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    normally it auto opens. I've yet to have it fail to open up for me automaticly.
    i like them and dislike them at the same time. look at it this way. without jones blessing you could use psychics def vodoo stacked with jade of steady defence and be essentially untouchable (good for cata's in TW if you so used it in that way but expencive). but with 30 attack lvl (defence lvl - attack lvl = end result 100 def lvl - 30 attack lvl = 70% dmg reduction) to help reduce the effect that those could essentially have overall. while on the down side squishies that get jumped go from a bad situation to a horrible one (unless they use things like AD and expel ect ect ect the list can go on). but overall it is used both ways which helps the squishies drop HA users and such alot faster. . . just try to see it from both angles

ps: sry for the semi wall of text
  • Q____Q - Dreamweaver
    Q____Q - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    aww
    awww.png
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    [Forum] Aelric: This really needs to be removed. I refuse to participate and let PW spam my facebook, and I think its **** how OP the blessings are and how easily you can abuse the system to get tons of them.
    bee-tee-dubs this post was intentionally edited to resemble how epically annoying the new UI changes in game are
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
This discussion has been closed.