"embracing" who we are...

Options
Atramoria - Dreamweaver
Atramoria - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Suggestion Box
so, i know this is a long-argued point, but...
seriously, we should be able to embrace same-sex characters. first off, who says someone playing a veno is actually a girl? i know a lot who are guys irl. or a male tideborn is a guy?

to get to the point: i would even PAY to have the ability to carry my female friends on my female characters. it builds chi. and you know what? it IS awkward to walk up to people you barely know and be like, "yeah, uhm, can you.. carry me? i don't know you or anything, but..."

what's the big deal? the same with marriages. we still gotta buy the packs. just two male, two female. it contains the same stuff, and it's basically the same coding to do it. i don't understand in the slightest what the big deal is. so, if there are bigots on the game, they can go ahead and blacklist the people who same-sex marry.

i really want a legitimate answer by the GMs as to why this isn't possible, ESPECIALLY for the marriages. i slightly understand the time it will take to re-draw the outlines for "embrace" with characters that are the same size, so that it doesn't glitch.

gimme an answer, please. i'm begging you. because a lot of people have argued this and it keeps getting shot down. why?
Post edited by Atramoria - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• DarkGodessz - Lost City
    DarkGodessz - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    You go girl :D i totally agree with you Embrace the gayness jk :D but i totally agree with you it would make it loads easier to carry meh girl friends too easier to get around and etc and i wanna marry my veno friend so what if shes a wolf/fox/girl/thing :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rainlia- Lvl 51 Blademaster- Main
    DarkGodessz- Lvl 22 Assassin- Alt
    Rainlias- Lvl 22 Archer
    Rayneds- Lvl 26 Venomancer
    Rayned- Lvl 23 Cleric
  • Atramoria - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    and i want the friggen GMs to take this seriously and not blow it off! there are SO many solutions to ANY problems they're gonna think up. just let us have it.
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Well the devs are chicken their all like OH no what if i put this in i think everyonell hate us and leave the game oh noes i cant change too much oh noes i forgot to wear my diapers let me go check my huggys drawer -.- i mean seriously taking a risk is always a aprt of changing things
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rainlias- Lvl 22 Archer
    Rayned- Lvl 23 Cleric
  • meganleighh
    meganleighh Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I totally agree to this.
    edited July 2010
    Options
    and i doubt anyone would leave... like i said, you can just blacklist the people if you're homophobic. but it's not someone's place to say that **** don't have a right on a game. their money is just as good as any heterosexual's, so just turn a blind eye if it makes you feel better devs. but still give the right for it!
  • Eleowyn - Dreamweaver
    Eleowyn - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Definately, I mean, surely there must be people on Perfect World who are homosexual, or just want to carry people and things like that just for fun. Perfect World should be able to accomodate the needs of ALL users, It may even attract MORE people to the game, I dont know, a "****-friendly" game. There are so many communities that are homphoboic and prejudice in this way, it would be a way of making a difference. And if not that, purely for the reasons suggested by Atramoria, for chi reasons.

It would be a lot more practical if you were in a squad of say, all venos, if you could carry each other to get chi, otherwise, it makes things so much more difficult. It would make the game, as a whole, a lot more reaistic, and a better experience for everyone.

I feel this would be a necessary and beneficial change to Perfect World, and the GM's should seriously put this into action!
    edited July 2010
    Options
    YAH DEVS KISS IT -.- APOLOGIZE >.> dont ban me :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rainlias- Lvl 22 Archer
    Rayned- Lvl 23 Cleric
  • Arog - Dreamweaver
    Arog - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Well, I have seen this discussed often and I agree that at some point there should be an answer that is at least based on a serious reason. Ive played many games before and that was a big topic in all of those with a marriage system and as far as Ive followed such discussions there never was a good answer in any of those games.
    This will be an interesting thing to watch and I hope that the people of PWI who are interested in this dont give in. Not necessarily untill it is in the game but at least until theres a good answer.

Good luck
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Larkray - Dreamweaver
    Larkray - Dreamweaver Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Agree a thousand times. I have my own life style and when I see those red words saying so and so has just married so and so I cringe cause i know that wont be for me. Unless this changes. If it does i wouldnt be suprised to see a huge influx of divorce and remarriage (hint hint pwe fundings office)
    There's more to making a judging than everything being in black and white. The decision making process is a puddle of grays.
    True friends aren't those who would bail you out of jail, they're the one sitting with you in the cell saying, "Well that was fun!"
    Proud Level 101 Heavy/Arcane Tanking Fox Venomancer of DW~

Family is the people you're with, not the roof over your head. Ty Kindrid for helping me see that again.
    edited July 2010
    Options
    and i am SO happy to see high levels and other servers jumping on this and agreeing. so long as this topic stays on the first page, i bet we're gonna get a response. (: even in a pm, i don't rightly care. like lark said, mucho $ is going to go into divorce and remarriage, especially by those who play by irl money, like me. not asking for any other things, you know what i'm asking for? the SAME things, for EVERYONE.
  • Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    Kaneharo - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I agree myself. I think it's bull that a guy can't embrace another guy. Whether it seems **** or not, I'm quite sure there are non-romantic situations that a guy can be seen carrying another guy.
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    "that word, "solo". i don't think it means what you think it means." - LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bag_Of_Chips - Dreamweaver
    Bag_Of_Chips - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I completely agree, if people can handle it in every day real life situations why shouldn't PWI implement it into the game. There are already a few who have found ways around this and have same-sex marriages.

Granted, it costs more to do it the way it is being done, but the point remains it was still done. If people can choose to over look it or get along with it IRL, why not in game? Come on GM's make us smile!
  • BarbLord - Raging Tide
    BarbLord - Raging Tide Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ugh even though I agree

It wont change so stop posting threads like thisb:surrender
    edited July 2010
    Options
    welp, it's my turn to try. (: regardless if it works or not! just keep the thread alive <3
  • Badazmofo - Dreamweaver
    Badazmofo - Dreamweaver Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    i agree lol. I think it would be funny as hell to see my archer carrying around a barb like 6x its size :D this idea = epic win
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    welp, it's my turn to try. (: regardless if it works or not! just keep the thread alive <3

*sigh*..... not this topic AGAIN.....

[points to second part of signature]
  • Badazmofo - Dreamweaver
    Badazmofo - Dreamweaver Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    true rainbow there are quite a few of these kind of posts but she would have had to necro the post i belive the repercussions for posting a similar post to an older post is less than necroing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Scathatch - Harshlands
    Scathatch - Harshlands Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Rainbow if we searched through threads to find this post, you would go there and yell at us for being necros.

I agree as well, it would be convinient to be able to carry other females around.

But I think the reason it wont be implemented it because of Chinese culture, they are strictly against homosexuality and we can't do anything to PWI that the Chinese version hasn't done (or something like that) read that in another post on this topic
    edited July 2010
    Options
    you guys are so depressing sometimes..
    can't you just keep trying for once? this is perfect world INTERNATIONAL...

not perfect world CHINA. i'm sorry that the culture doesn't agree with it. then don't let the chinese people behind the screens do it. restrict it. but seriously? that's not fair to everyone else in the slightest. you gotta start somewhere.
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Reading freshly made threads about this topic is becoming quite comical. People actually believe that if they whine and stomp their feet enough times that this will be implemented in the game. QQ more. It won't change a damn thing.
    edited July 2010
    Options
    and obnoxious people who don't even play the game anymore shouldn't open their mouths because they think they're more intelligent than others, when in reality (what you say you're "living" in) they're being hypocrites by even scanning the forums and posting, just to create animosity. brava, jenna, brava. takes a lot of skill to do exactly what you just did. <3
    edited July 2010
    Options
    and obnoxious people who don't even play the game anymore shouldn't open their mouths because they think they're more intelligent than others, when in reality (what you say you're "living" in) they're being hypocrites by even scanning the forums and posting, just to create animosity. brava, jenna, brava. takes a lot of skill to do exactly what you just did. <3

As mentioned above, QQ more. b:pleased
  • Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    Kaneharo - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    As mentioned above, QQ more. b:pleased

Unfortunately, you can't seem to tell the difference between QQing and actually making a suggestion WITH VALID BACKING. So stop being an idiot and go take your "QQ more" to a topic more fitting, or better yet, just shut your mouth.
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    "that word, "solo". i don't think it means what you think it means." - LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Larkray - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    And I'm still wondering why someone who "quit" is bothering to read forums. Your real life that boring that you drag yourself back to them every once in a while? xD Same sex embrace/marriage ftw!!!!!
    There's more to making a judging than everything being in black and white. The decision making process is a puddle of grays.
    True friends aren't those who would bail you out of jail, they're the one sitting with you in the cell saying, "Well that was fun!"

Family is the people you're with, not the roof over your head. Ty Kindrid for helping me see that again.
    edited July 2010
    Options
    it's alright, i bet she's just a troll. (: "QQ MOAR!!1one!" gb2wow inb4: fail. and if you don't understand any of that, you should REALLY leave.

like said - it's do-able. give it a chance. you won't go to figurative hell. or let the american designers / british / Europeans do it. :D
    edited July 2010
    Options
    LOL! Go play a game made by a company that likes **** people. This won't change to make you happy. Not now. Not ever.
    edited July 2010
    Options
    lolololol she's still hereeee... what a LIFE you have. so, i google'd it?! you're not there. obviously. but that's no surprise. fat chicks do need love too tho... *loves jenna*
  • Larkray - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    is still wondering why she's on this topic ^_^. Same sex embrace/marriage ftw!!!

edited July 2010
    Options
    lolololol she's still hereeee... what a LIFE you have. so, i google'd it?! you're not there. obviously. but that's no surprise. fat chicks do need love too tho... *loves jenna*

I see you had to resort to going off-topic and make childish insults against me to make yourself feel better over your little "**** aren't accepted" butthurt thread. What a LIFE you have. Have fun trying to get your stupid little suggestion implemented in this game though. Let me know when it gets implemented. I guess I'll hear back from you...NEVER! b:laugh
    edited July 2010
    Options
    is still wondering why she's on this topic ^_^. Same sex embrace/marriage ftw!!!

*Is wondering why your parents didn't use birth control.*
This discussion has been closed.