"embracing" who we are...

Comments

• /Gohan - Dreamweaver
    /Gohan - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    As I have said before, if you want same sex marriage/embrace, go to China and protest.
  • Siiphe - Dreamweaver
    Siiphe - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Reading freshly made threads about this topic is becoming quite comical. People actually believe that if they whine and stomp their feet enough times that this will be implemented in the game. QQ more. It won't change a damn thing.

Actually, that really is how things change for multi-player games. Especially games that implement cash-shops.
    User-satisfaction, much?
    This is a game, not real life. We know we can't change things by "whining and stomping our feet" IRL, but in a game, that's exactly how things get done.

Now, to get back to my opinion on the thread itself.
    I know, and understand, that things aren't up to our American PW-Employees.
    Things won't change, because China controls 100% of everything that PWE does, changes, or releases here in the States.

But that doesn't mean that they aren't getting the message.
    They hear all about how we feel about our game, and what we're saying on the forums. They've got moderators that watch what we say for the sole purpose of judging how happy we are with the game (the happier we are, the more $ they get from us).

I chose to post on my Psy because he's a male character, and I'm a female player.
    Why did I do this?
    Well, one reason is that the male TB are unbelievably cute... >.>
    But the other reason is that there are a lot of times when my friends don't know where to go and I need to pick them up to take them there. Or when they need chi, and I'm the only one around. Or when there's a creepy stalker around and I need to pretend to be their lover. o.O
    Or when I simply want to be close to whoever I'm with at the time.

Whether things don't change or not, I would still LOVE to read exactly what they choose to say about it. And I know it won't be in violation of any righteous laws and the sort, because it's a private game, and much more, foreign, and our laws can't control what they choose to make as rules in the game. And the fact that we still choose to play empowers them even more.
    But it still hurts, doesn't it?

Edit2: Wow. Had to come edit my post, again, after reading everything. And I'm sorry if this hurts any of you. And I'm sorry if it seems dramatic.

You should be ashamed of yourselves.
    If you really feel this seriously about this cause, then don't muddy the topic by putting more useless drama into the thread. Take your real opinions and post them here. Make this an intelligent discussion.

lolololol she's still hereeee... what a LIFE you have. so, i google'd it?! you're not there. obviously. but that's no surprise. fat chicks do need love too tho... *loves jenna*

What are you thinking? That this would help the Chinese or even American GMs take us seriously?
    Reading freshly made threads about this topic is becoming quite comical. People actually believe that if they whine and stomp their feet enough times that this will be implemented in the game. QQ more. It won't change a damn thing.

What is wrong with you? If you didn't want to read the same posts over and over again, you wouldn't open or even read through the threads in the first place. And you certainly wouldn't make a post that would make it show up on Page 1 longer.

Grow up. We have a right to make suggestions for the game if we think it would increase our enjoyment and love for it. Or at the very least, if it would make us spend more money.
    And before you tell me to take it to suggestion tickets, this kind of movement (and it is a movement), requires community-action.
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    so, i know this is a long-argued point, but...
    seriously, we should be able to embrace same-sex characters. first off, who says someone playing a veno is actually a girl? i know a lot who are guys irl. or a male tideborn is a guy?

to get to the point: i would even PAY to have the ability to carry my female friends on my female characters. it builds chi. and you know what? it IS awkward to walk up to people you barely know and be like, "yeah, uhm, can you.. carry me? i don't know you or anything, but..."

what's the big deal? the same with marriages. we still gotta buy the packs. just two male, two female. it contains the same stuff, and it's basically the same coding to do it. i don't understand in the slightest what the big deal is. so, if there are bigots on the game, they can go ahead and blacklist the people who same-sex marry.

i really want a legitimate answer by the GMs as to why this isn't possible, ESPECIALLY for the marriages. i slightly understand the time it will take to re-draw the outlines for "embrace" with characters that are the same size, so that it doesn't glitch.

gimme an answer, please. i'm begging you. because a lot of people have argued this and it keeps getting shot down. why?

ok plz use suggestion box... u know good and well that there are threads like this here I'll link you one

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=77991&page=18&highlight=marriage+embrace it's still alive u can put yer input here
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • GHealz - Archosaur
    GHealz - Archosaur Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    O MY GOD ...ITS ALIVE!!!b:shocked
    KILL IT KILL IT FAST!!....*drives stake through threads heart*
    .....is it dead it??...*hammers stake one more time*....better safe than sorryb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Tempest FTWb:bye
    edited July 2010
    *gasp* wuts alive?

• GHealz - Archosaur
    GHealz - Archosaur Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    taught this died like AGES agob:sad
    dont rez it, KEEEL EEEEETT!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Tempest FTWb:bye
    edited July 2010
    LOL no... dead thread is if the last post was 30+ days ago.. and the day the thread was made was like 17 days ago or sumwhere around there

• LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    *refrains self fully by locking self in box*

<
    Unable to comment on topic w/o causing major ban in this subject b:victory
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    can we have another thread about this? ugh... making the same topics again ...

**** or lesbians do not love each other, it is meant for just, weird sex. Though I think lesbians are hot.... but still. There are other games that support **** marriages. Though carrying maybe not, unless the people are being carried differently instead of embracing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    glad this will never happen b:chuckle
    b:cute

...oh sec...

marry me Yulk! b:dirty
    i like potato
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Boh -ring!!!
    Repeated stuffz is repeated.
    You've just been blown off, now leave please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    LOL no... dead thread is if the last post was 30+ days ago.. and the day the thread was made was like 17 days ago or sumwhere around there

Yup, not a necro yet, saved by the bell.
    glad this will never happen b:chuckle
    b:cute

...oh sec...

marry me Yulk! b:dirty

!

I have to let him know that.
    I hope he accepts your proposal. b:sin
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
    edited July 2010

!

ew gayness b:spit

• Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2010

!

like grippieluver said... yuck. I am not interested, he's being sarcastic I think. b:surrender he knows that I'm straight b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

edited July 2010
    like grippieluver said... yuck. I am not interested, he's being sarcastic I think. b:surrender he knows that I'm straight b:bye

or so you hope :/ (that hes kidding, not that yer str8 LOL)

• Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2010
    or so you hope :/ (that hes kidding, not that yer str8 LOL)

yeah he's definitely kidding, and why don't the people like the OP understand and respect China's culture? :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

edited July 2010
    Idkayy... but maybe with the rules thread it'll clear up what and what not to post in suggestion box... I covered the whole Chinese Culture thing, so hopefully that help xD

• HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    what? ..who cares about chinese culture D:?

Yulk </3 b:cry
    i like potato
    edited July 2010
    well being lvl 100 i assume you've noticed that's what the game's based on?

• HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    well being lvl 100 i assume you've noticed that's what the game's based on?

so thats why those groom/bride clothes have these odd looks
    i like potato
    edited July 2010
    ya... so are you done being sarcastic?

• HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    ya... so are you done being sarcastic?

i have seen things... bad things. b:sad

formed my character like this, im sorry, blame life!
    i like potato
    edited July 2010
    okie I'm not here to pity you b:bye

• frostgoddess
    frostgoddess Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Hmm, seems I'm a little late.
    Sorry if a whole bunch of other people has said this but, just to clarify ;D
    PW is based off of Chinese culture. In China, the male is the gentleman and females are the ladies. That's why the whole Mulan thing.. yeah nevermind.

But what I would like is for females to carry males while FLYING. Not bridal style of course, but maybe by the arms, like this? [FailDrawingDoneInMouseUnder5mins] Or maybe something similar? I dunno.

For flying MOUNTS, with people standing on them, I guess it could be like this? Another pose maybe? Like, you can alternate between them. Is that a little too much? For male and female: [AnotherFailDrawingDoneUnder5mins] Height differs of course. That's just like the basic pose.

For 2 females/2 males on a mount. Doesn't have to be intimate... suggestion?..: [FailDrawing] On a sword it'd just be the person standing behind the owner of the mount. Of course, both in their whatever cool mount poses.

And for ground mounts, the poses can be the same, but girls can carry girls/guys can carry guys on the mounts. If PWi doesn't want standing same-sex carry poses, then they can make it so that same genders can only carry each other while mounted. I dunno.

So. JUST A SUGGESTiON. (Really, pay no heed to the horrible quality of the drawings.)

I don't really mind the Untamed set genders though, so not gonna go over that.
  • wessyishere
    wessyishere Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    i agree and i played all of the perfect world downloadable games all its same sex marriages i mean come on
  • wessyishere
    wessyishere Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Rofl i meant its all female and male marriages not same sex no more drinking and posting on forums for me yea im gladi aught that before someone posted again
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Hmm, seems I'm a little late.
    Sorry if a whole bunch of other people has said this but, just to clarify ;D
    PW is based off of Chinese culture. In China, the male is the gentleman and females are the ladies. That's why the whole Mulan thing.. yeah nevermind.

But what I would like is for females to carry males while FLYING. Not bridal style of course, but maybe by the arms, like this? [FailDrawingDoneInMouseUnder5mins] Or maybe something similar? I dunno.

For flying MOUNTS, with people standing on them, I guess it could be like this? Another pose maybe? Like, you can alternate between them. Is that a little too much? For male and female: [AnotherFailDrawingDoneUnder5mins] Height differs of course. That's just like the basic pose.

For 2 females/2 males on a mount. Doesn't have to be intimate... suggestion?..: [FailDrawing] On a sword it'd just be the person standing behind the owner of the mount. Of course, both in their whatever cool mount poses.

And for ground mounts, the poses can be the same, but girls can carry girls/guys can carry guys on the mounts. If PWi doesn't want standing same-sex carry poses, then they can make it so that same genders can only carry each other while mounted. I dunno.

So. JUST A SUGGESTiON. (Really, pay no heed to the horrible quality of the drawings.)

I don't really mind the Untamed set genders though, so not gonna go over that.

Thank you for at least coming up with something constructive instead of being a complete idiot like the first few posters
  • frostgoddess
    frostgoddess Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    So will the GMs even see that post? o_o
    Or like. Consider our suggestions? :/
  • Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    1) Homophobes because we know it is never going to happen? Please stay in your little bubble, the world is cruel.

2) Chinese culture will never allow it (even tho it is PWI it is still Chinese.)

3) Search function.

4) Agree with RainBowVidel (somehow)

5) After 9 pages....don't you get it? Even GMs replied to this topic agesssssss ago and it was a NO.
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    After 9 pages....don't you get it? Even GMs replied to this topic agesssssss ago and it was a NO.

For the slow and "special" people:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=6646681&postcount=60
This discussion has been closed.