The Cursed [New Race]

Comments

• TFShockwave - Lost City
    TFShockwave - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I like the way your taking this and how you already have everything done for it. I think this would be an awesome race if you ask me. ;) The more races the better! :D
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I like the way your taking this and how you already have everything done for it. I think this would be an awesome race if you ask me. ;) The more races the better! :D

Thank you ^.^ b:victory

And ooooh, I see, Kitten xD Yeah I think you're right, a flame with at least one crystal/ soul fragment would match SS better. The other symbol looks all nice, but I think a simpler (and smaller) symbol is better, like for example a plain whip.

And by the way, I was taking a look at our drawn SS again and somehow it seems so odd to me that the SS looks way to similar to a Psychic. =(
    For my taste the ammo soul fragments shouldn't be in the hand of the Shadow Specter, since this looks way too "psychic-like" ... so I've drawn it the way I have it in my mind ... well I'm not even half as good as you are with drawing Kitten (especially when I've to draw humanoid creatures b:shocked) but I thought pictures speak more than words do...

http://i45.tinypic.com/242fsm1.jpg

I thought it would be better if the soul fragments/crystals twirl around the forearm instead of hovering in the hand. I just drawn 3 though, the other two aren't visible on my drawing b:surrender And from the finger tips there should be those visible invisible strings hang down...

Oh that aside, I've thought also a bit about the customisation. You know, there are always those fixed preset types for each class/race, with differences like different tattoos for TBs, different animal kinds for venomancers... so the Cursed need some more unique markings. Like different fang types.

http://i45.tinypic.com/etzbcz.jpg

*It's quite hard to read, so the title says:
    Customisation - Face Types Fangs for fixed preset types

And below:
    Left Tooth down - Right Tooth down - Left Tooth up - Right Tooth up
    Both Teeth up - Both Teeth down

(I should have written fangs not tooth -.-)
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    XChrono - Sanctuary Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    yea they did look too much like psy's and what you drew would be okay...

but i don't quite get how magic guns wouldn't fit in...
    you'd basically just have something that looks like a gun and when you attack you'd do some seals and spells come out... I'd guess you'd have to have seen a magic gun to get it -__-
    and they'd use the same soul frags.

the gloves... meh since you changed the orignal they are obsolete.

My only other idea for SS weapons would be magic rings, one that actually show on your finger.... and glow and stuff. You can wear multiple but the amount depends on your sp cult, i guess the most would be like six because technically the 2 other finger would have the normal rings... Yea..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    You really want to have something gun-like in this game so badly, eh?
    Well ... about rings... I don't want to be the one who always smashes your dreams, but...

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/8718/20100623203003.png

PWI hands + real rings? b:shocked

And I'm not sure whether I understood that ring stacking idea...

I'm rather for magic guns then. And the images of "magic guns" which I've in my mind aren't quite magic... And still I don't see any connection of guns to the chinese mythology and PW so far... b:surrender (but hm... they put in Lighter Vendor shops, so. . . scratch this.) Magical version of these?

Anyway I can't even really imagine a magical weapons which looks like a gun T.T Do we actually have to have more than 1 weapon type for the Shadow Specters...?
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Oh dag O.O I'll edit the guy again. But you're right we could get more magic weapons in. How about your idea Silvy with the soulfragments wrapping around the arm. That certainly would make it cooler. Plus the strings connected to the fragments could make like a ribbon creating a transparent long glove which Chrono would like. And wen they are out of ammo just have the strings do the same wrap animation just have no fragments instead of it hanging dully from their fingetips.

Chinese guns I came up with this >.< Magical staff? That can be for them and the other races altogether. Except Tideborn cuz we hate fishes except for chrono X3

Then again we can still have it only for SS and have the ribbon animation still. Though maybe soul fragments for one thing or we want them for all their weapons?

Edit: With the rings I have an idea. Make it a holding weapon instead and have the fragments circle around the blade. It will be the first two-handed magic weapon.
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Nu nu nu silvy >.> XD you gotta look up magic guns, not plain guns or halo O.o
    the fable one was prolly closest ...

Meh to staves we haz them. But now that i think about it, magic staff guns : O
    http://guidestobuy.com/images/actionfigure/upload//images/I/41228WMPMrL.jpg

Best example of a magic gun i can find
    http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l128/LadyAilis/DynastyWarriors/Manga/Kurohime_1.jpg

I do think we should have another weapon for SS ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    I DID look up magic guns :< But my friend google showed me only stupid pictures =(

And these guns on that manga cover don't look that magic to me D: Was hard at first to tell which were the arms and what the guns b:surrender

Ohhh but magic staffs are keeeewl ^.^
    Some long ranged battle staff with a mechanism on top to hold a soul crystal/fragment, which rotates ... and below the head are soul crystals twirling around the staff... and this staff can throw energy orbs (with soul fragments in it) at enemies...
  • jokerxdude
    jokerxdude Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Nice work, guys.
    I'll update as soon as I can.

And I'm going to promote this on my thread because I can though it's off-topic. b:victory Voices and help are welcome!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Why So Stupid?

Want a darker race? A race fighting for their humanity?
    Go here
    > pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132 You know you want to.

Anime! Anime! Oh PW Anime!
    Coming Soon...
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    kool btw the magic staffs are pretty much a blaster on a staff so you wouldn't really be swinging around, more like just standing firing a couple small movements and stuff
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • jokerxdude
    jokerxdude Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Shall I call them Gun Staffs?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Why So Stupid?

Want a darker race? A race fighting for their humanity?
    Go here
    > pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132 You know you want to.

Anime! Anime! Oh PW Anime!
    Coming Soon...
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    sounds good to me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • Burnsoldier - Dreamweaver
    Burnsoldier - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    i like this idea, but we need to wait until the tideborn is fixed, there's enough going on already.
  • Anzillu - Raging Tide
    Anzillu - Raging Tide Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    you people are like kids whos been given a lick of a lollipop. you want more of it. if they add anything, should be some kind of daily to make you money. like the dragon quest, except giving mob drop stuff, you give people mats that you can mine. instead of 15k exp or so, you get 15k gold, but only doable once a day so prices on this game don't get outrageous like on PW-MY, and you receive gold based off your level
    Dark for fear of failure
    An inner gloom as wide as an eye of fermenting
    Roiling hate
    Death grip in my veins
    Unveiling rancid petals
    Flowering fourth foul nectar
    Space between a blink and a tear
    Death blooms
  • Soulrend - Raging Tide
    Soulrend - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    i liked the way you described 'the cursed', OP.

but i went to the link in the post and didn't like the classes for this race at all.

if you are going to make an undead-esque type race i'd have to go with

Nether Specter(undead form of psychic)

and

Vampiric Assassin(undead form of TB assassin)

as far as skills? they wouldn't be much different than their predecessors, but would have their own unique twists.

lets use 'aqua impact' and 'knife throw' as an example
    instead of aqua impact it'd be Nether Strike or something. and instead of aqua damage it would do soul damage or darkess damage

and instead of knife throw it'd be Blade Impale or something. and instead of straight physical damage it'd do a low physical damage and poison or wood damage.

and as for the weapons of Nether Specter/Vampiric Asassin
    they'd use corrupted soulspheres and corrupted daggers.

and speaking of poison i think a new element should be added to the game, moreso a new kind of damage. Poison and Darkness elements.
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    @ Burnsoldier: I really don't lie saying this over and over, but i'll say it nao. As said in the first lines of the 1st post, since they'l l come out with another new race eventually, why not discuss one now. It's not something that we necessarily want now so posts like that are a tad unnecessary. Next you should post an idea instead or just something helpful....

I won't bother to reply to the post after burn......

@ Soulrend : Srsly I don't mind the fact that you do not like the race idea, but to suggest a different race that supposed to be a dark copy of the TB, just bad idea...
    especially in a thread of people who arn't exactly fans of the TB(excluding me). Another TB race would be boring, what would be the point, what part would they play in the game.. where would be the originality or excitement of something new.

And a new element? mean like fire, water, earth, metal, WOOD. You realize poison is wood right.

Anyways I think thats enough trolling for one night O.o haha
    I have one exam left so I hope you update the site joker, I wanna see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Wow, I'm away some days and some totally screwed up intelligence-beasts are showing their brightness in this thread. *claps slowly with hands* Nice one. Nice one.

Well, but I want to at least comment those.

So, what Chrono said and:

@Burnsoldier
    Get a hobby or something, instead of repeating stuff what has been said and replied to before...

@Soulrend

Uhm, yeah. *thinks of a nicer way to say this* Hm... how old are you? 12? And we're playing the same game? And you really dared to suggest such a ****? Are you even getting the point of having "different" classes and races? I think you should go back play Hello Kitty Online again.

@Anzillu

May I correct you? You see, I've got this nice shiny lollipop here and here's a cotton candy machine, there's sugar in it and some sugar strands are there already, not that much at the moment, but if all the sugar is melted, there will be more strands, and you know what I'm going to do then? I'll put the lollipop into the bowl and whirl it around! But in the meantime I'm enjoying the lollipop. You wanna have a lick, too? Sure thing =)
    *stabs lollipop into your right eye* Ohhh, is the shine of that lollipop blinding you?

Soo, anyway, wish you luck for your last exam, Chrono!
    And about the name for the weapon, isn't "Gun Staff" some fixed name for those chinese staffs? Something more creative anyone?
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    thanks silvy and true gun staff will need to be changed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    *Votes for calling those staffs either "Staff" or "Battle Staff" b:surrender :P*

Ah I forgot something. Wouldn't it be a good idea to let those "Gun Staffs" be for all classes?
    I've been researching a bit and found a way to fuse those staffs into the existing magic weapon category. (Now I know why PWE didn't let the TB weapons be all class/ matching them to the existing weapons; it's just so that new weapons are hard to give a place among the old weapons... level requirements, grades, damage etc. are really huge problems b:shocked)

So, let's analyse Gun Staffs first:

-magic weapon
    -deals half of the magic damage as physical damage (maybe a bit more in this case)
    -deals lower magic damage then other magic weapons, because it uses ammunition (and please don't let it be active in combat without ammo...)
    -has to have certain level requirements for each different grade of the weapon

I worked the following out:
    First Grade is available for level 6.
    2nd for level 8
    3rd for Lv12
    4th for Lv20
    5th for Lv30
    ... every ten levels a new grade...
    This way it fits in between Wands and Glaives (comes first before Wands)

A Grade 3 Battle Staff would deal ~30-40 phys. damage, ~53-62 mag. damage (+ ammo dmg); would have 20 Durability (increases by 6 every grade horizontally; and 2 with different weapon types vertically => this isn't quite accurate, but I think PWE itself made a mistake, because there are two grade 3 weapons with the same durability... but somehow it still works out in 2er jumps... btw. I'm speaking of the Magic Weapon category grid at any Blacksmith); range 20, min. effective range 5 meters (like archers, damage penalty); as for requirements, I think it should always be -1 from Wands, here is an example:

Grade 3 Wand requires 9 str 32 mag , so a grade 3 Staff would need 8 str and 31 mag.
    Grade 4 Wand (mag requirement is doubled every grade; str requirement jumps from +4 to next grade then +5 to next grade and repeating) needs 14 str 64 mag - Grade 4 Staff needs 13 str and 63 mag ...

That's the simplest way I found I think... Well the magic points required for Staffs could also be increased and the str requirement lowered, but... how would that work out with the Arcane Armour...?

And about the Soul Crystal/Fragments damage... just like archer's ammo with magical damage instead of physical...

Oh and for the other weapons (like Blindfold for SS and Jyg/jin weaps for NH...) give them a tab at blacksmith for themselves alone...
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    yea, but maybe the ammo's should supply the phy dmg, you know, since it's ammo...

And im thinking that is they get a dmg penalty, it should be half what archers get, they do half phy half mag dmg.

I dunno Gun-Staff is a good name, it shouldn't matter too much about the chinese thing and in any case it can be changed if it causes a problem later on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • Soulrend - Raging Tide
    edited June 2010
    well then. my creativity was mocked. life goes on.
  • Soulrend - Raging Tide
    edited June 2010
    oh and a sidenote to those who took my suggestion overly serious:

my main suggestion was the 2 additional damage types. tbh i dont care about a new race.
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Well if you don't care about a new race, why do you reply to this thread then? Seems odd.
    And please don't double post the next time, just edit your previous post.
    And if you haven't realised it yet, we didn't take your "suggestion" seriously, we left out that step and went on to the objection step. And 2 additional damage types? As Chrono said, poison counts as wood. And in a game which is based on the 5 chinese elements (wood, earth, fire, water, metal) and in a game with mainly 2 damage types (namely magic and physical) there is no space for new "damage types". But about "darkness" damage, you could consider that this "damage type" is already in the game, the way Wraiths attack. Wraith's damage type must be something dark, so your "suggestions" were all but valid.
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    2nd page o-o

and yay exams done, my summer officially starts.

btw off topic question,what time of the year does the american high school get summer and how long it it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    Gratz Chrono^^

And uhm... well dunno... the only thing I know is that tomorrow the holidays are starting for me, too :D
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    : o summah time = parteh time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    Eek summer. Can't wait til winter or so... so warm >.<

Anyway... there are spreading so many fail threads somehow... especially new race threads (I know there's just one other besides ours.) We need a bit more activity I guess :/
  • Rainlia - Lost City
    Rainlia - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Tbh i think the night stalkers should use sycthes its sexier Lol butbesides that awsome idea m8 :]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rainlia- Lvl 51 Blademaster- Active/Main
    Rayneds-Cleric - Lvl 23 - Somewhat Active
    Rainlias- Archer Lvl 22- Active
    DarkGoddesz-Assassin Lvl 24- active
  • Souteryn - Sanctuary
    Souteryn - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Tbh i think the night stalkers should use sycthes its sexier Lol butbesides that awsome idea m8 :]

Yeah well, scythes are all cool and that, but they're already in game as "Poleweapon" ...
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I'm going to try my hand at drawing the mobs. I usually only draw cats and maybe a wolf here and there so don't be suprised if its crappy >.<

Oh what about bats in the pangu canyon? should we make bats tamable for venos?
    And Chrono USA highschool/middle people got out of school in June. They go back in... **** can't remember. Sept I believe. I got out early May and go back Sept. but that's for college. I didn't know which school you meant :\
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    Take your time Kitten, and don't worry, I'm sure it will look nice.

Oh and bats hm... I think we've got enough mobs in Pan Gu's Hatred, but I totally forgot we also need mobs for INSIDE the FB19... Let's put the bats inside the fb then. As hovering ground mount. But I'm not quite sure whether they should be tame-able (I mean there are somewhat enough mobs tame-able already)

Hmm Im gonna think a bit about the FB...
This discussion has been closed.