TT,classes and share

_Tsunami_ - Lost City
_Tsunami_ - Lost City Posts: 162 Arc User
edited June 2010 in General Discussion
Hi, i have a problem whit the share in TT:as i know common rule is subber>tank>cleric>DDs now the problem is: where do i put the venos? Some1 say "we are the second tanker,we should get after the cleric" other say "veno has lowest repair bills and no potion cost,should get after the other DDs". b:surrender

I want to hear your opinion, maybe to avoid the next share fight b:shocked

Thanks you all b:thanks
Post edited by _Tsunami_ - Lost City on

Comments

• Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    d582d79f.gif venos still go on squad tt?

oh and inb4ionlydottwithfactionmatesandfriends
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SilversMoon - Heavens Tear
    SilversMoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Nope, Venos go aswell under the DD section.
    Only reason why Venos should be treated as tanks, is if there's no Barb and it has been agreed for the Veno's herc to tank the instance. In which case the Veno is filling the Barb/Tank spot And is entitled to 2nd pick after subber.

Edit: Also there is no such thing as "secondary tank" if there is a primary tank that's all there is to it, doesn't matter if that DD Veno had a herc, as long as there already is an actual Tank, they still get treated as DD's.
  • Shevanel - Sanctuary
    Shevanel - Sanctuary Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I think splits like this are ridiculous. Sure it's nice to help out with barbs repairs. By why clerics get second choice? Mages use just as much mana, archers use very little apart from arrows.

The repairs from a regular tt3-1 and be covered by 20-30k per person. It's unfair that tank gets first pick at a possible 1m (old price for GBA) or any gold mat. The DD's spend just as much time in the instance, use just as much resources, may die due to bad tanking (Not saying it's just the barbs fault. Theres times when you attack and not as DD)

tl;dr everyone spends the same amount of time in the same instance. I've never come across a squad who has a heirachy system like that. Subbers usually do get more mats/leftovers or have priority.
    Koiz - omfg my life is now complete
    Shevanel - haha oh?
    ~~~
    Koiz - i took this massive dump
    Koiz - while listening to im on a boat hahahah
    Shevanel - hahahahaha
    Shevanel - haha
    Shevanel - Oh wow

Certain levels of Boredom..
    ThaMessiah: I'd rather endlessly wack it till I shot a load that hits my ceiling than do a 3-2
  • Cenminator - Dreamweaver
    Cenminator - Dreamweaver Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    the best way to do it is an equal split based off coin cost, every class has their use in tt so every class should get an equal share. this isn't just because im a veno, i've done tt on every class except sin and still think it should be equal share. anyone who says they deserve more should be booted and find another to go, on my bm i always end up tanking because of my dmg and with faster hits i have higher repair cost then barb but they still want first pick? lol gtfo
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    In my opinion, only fair way to share drops is to let someone get all mats, sell in AH/catshop, split the coin and send to other members. Sadly you can't do that with randoms.

EDIT: Let's say you are doing 1-3 and you need War Drums. Since you are a DD, you will never get those. A barb can claim he needs those too. Even if he doesn't, why wouldn't he get those, sell and then buy what he needs? Especially if he doesn't need to get those mats instantly, he can easily make some extra money that way.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
    edited June 2010
    the best way to do it is an equal split based off coin cost, every class has their use in tt so every class should get an equal share. this isn't just because im a veno, i've done tt on every class except sin and still think it should be equal share. anyone who says they deserve more should be booted and find another to go, on my bm i always end up tanking because of my dmg and with faster hits i have higher repair cost then barb but they still want first pick? lol gtfo

Equal shares, isn't really something attainable. Mats can hardly be split equally. Mirages can be, Gold is sold and it's profit is split fairly too. But green mats how do you plan on splitting them equally without actually selling them first?

As to your bm, I'd simply suggest you don't TT with a barb that can't keep aggro from you.
    .. Or if you wish, go in as main tank anyways and earn 2nd pick as tanker. b:surrender
    edited June 2010
    Equal shares, isn't really something attainable. Mats can hardly be split equally. Mirages can be, Gold is sold and it's profit is split fairly too. But green mats how do you plan on splitting them equally without actually selling them first?

As to your bm, I'd simply suggest you don't TT with a barb that can't keep aggro from you.
    .. Or if you wish, go in as main tank anyways and earn 2nd pick as tanker. b:surrender

lol equal shares are usually attainable by splitting based on mat prices, its not going to be perfect but should be close enough to keep people happy. as far as going in as tank, people still think barbs are the only ones that can tank for some reason so random parties have barbs and they automatically think they are tank so get better mats
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    No clue why lowbie HH isn't working like Nirvana or 3-3 profit runs.

Everything is always sold and split equally, doesn't matter what class you are. I mean everyone spends the same amount of time in the boring instance, or everyone wastes 1 Nirvana key, everyone have costs anyhow.

If someone wants a certain thing that dropped they have to buy it from party - which still is cheaper of course since you get 1/6 of the cash back and also the money from other drops normally covers rest.

Random lowbie HH-squads should work like that. The barb-cleric-DD pick-order is kinda out dated.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010

Everything is always sold and split equally, doesn't matter what class you are. I mean everyone spends the same amount of time in the boring instance, or everyone wastes 1 Nirvana key, everyone have costs anyhow.

If someone wants a certain thing that dropped they have to buy it from party - which still is cheaper of course since you get 1/6 of the cash back and also the money from other drops normally covers rest.

Random lowbie HH-squads should work like that. The barb-cleric-DD pick-order is kinda out dated.

When you can't even trust your faction members or "friends", I don't see any point in trusting random people. High level runs happen mostly with real friends or faction mates ie. with people who you have known for a long time. If you join a big faction that's full of 7x and 8x players and let them bank, you might never see your share.
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    how do you split the 0-1 rapture gained per run equally to a 6-person squad? 3eb4e7b3.gif
    edited June 2010
    how do you split the 0-1 rapture gained per run equally to a 6-person squad? 3eb4e7b3.gif

very carefullyb:shocked
  • Fistus - Harshlands
    Fistus - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I have a set team when I do TT so I don't have to worry about any of that.
    However, if you expect me to play barb for your team you better believe I'm picking first. There is more than time that goes into a TT.
  • PetMe - Raging Tide
    PetMe - Raging Tide Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I have a set team when I do TT so I don't have to worry about any of that.
    However, if you expect me to play barb for your team you better believe I'm picking first. There is more than time that goes into a TT.

= split is the way to go barb doesn't do anymore then they are supposed to
    edited June 2010

This is not really as easy as you make it sound,
    First off if all is getting same split off selling mats, subs cost should be split evenly on 6 members.
    And this will eventually eliminate the idea of random TT squads, as I can guarantee you more than 40% of whoever handles the sell&split will either scam you off the mats entirely or steal a bit off the profits off the side for himself.
    And there is nothing you can do about it, unlike Nirvana drops, TT mats mostly vary in price from AH to a catshop to the other catshop. So unless you're selling them yourself or somebody you know, that'll pose trouble to the greater majority that's used to random squads.
  • Fistus - Harshlands
    Fistus - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    = split is the way to go barb doesn't do anymore then they are supposed to
    And the fact that it costs him (at least) twice as much as the next most expensive person shouldn't be considered at all?
    For the record, my barb is charmed 100% of the time because if you think I'm going to trust random cleric you are insane.
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    People still use barbs to tank TT's b:puzzled
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CJseven - Raging Tide
    CJseven - Raging Tide Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    People still use barbs to tank TT's b:puzzled

occasionally, usually i use this one but sometimes i tank with PetMe, and Cenminator can solo almost as fast as the bm but on different server :(
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Subber first pick? Since when does a subber get anything extra than mirages to cover the sub?
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    since they are not in Dreamweaver. different servers different rules
    edited June 2010
    Subber first pick? Since when does a subber get anything extra than mirages to cover the sub?

that used to be common practice when tt was hard on LC and HT servers then people got greedy and gold price hit 200k and we all got mad when asked to sub.

btw i wouldn't believe anything that tetris voice says to you (he's the crazy one)
    edited June 2010
    that used to be common practice when tt was hard on LC and HT servers then people got greedy and gold price hit 200k and we all got mad when asked to sub.

btw i wouldn't believe anything that tetris voice says to you (he's the crazy one)

Gold at 200k, the good old days b:chuckle
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
    edited June 2010
    Gold at 200k, the good old days b:chuckle

lol no, the good old days were gold for 60k and then refusing to buy it over 90k

just imagine all the packs i could buy if gold were 90k now, (3k packs later) darn nothing but tokens :(
    edited June 2010
    lol no, the good old days were gold for 60k and then refusing to buy it over 90k

just imagine all the packs i could buy if gold were 90k now, (3k packs later) darn nothing but tokens :(

Lol, with 90k a gold you'd make profit on tokens b:chuckle
  • Apollonya - Dreamweaver
    Apollonya - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I'd like it if venos were put ahead of DDs. Their pet damage + their own damage is better than most other reasonably geared DDs. They can also debuff and tank in emergencies (if herc).
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    I'd like it if venos were put ahead of DDs. Their pet damage + their own damage is better than most other reasonably geared DDs. They can also debuff and tank in emergencies (if herc).

Herc veno is treated as a second tank if herc tanks at least one boss. Which means he will get the third pick.
  • Partypooper - Harshlands
    Partypooper - Harshlands Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Pet damg isn't nerfed in TT either 3eb4e7b3.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=763662
    Vote for Onions!
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    but if they can solo their own tt, it would be more beneficial for them to do it solo. even if you can only solo the lower ones, the coins/time is usually good enough, that and you don't waste time looking the a willing barb.
    th_087_.gif
    veno= money making machine
  • Vienna - Dreamweaver
    Vienna - Dreamweaver Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    ''I think splits like this are ridiculous. Sure it's nice to help out with barbs repairs. By why clerics get second choice? Mages use just as much mana, archers use very little apart from arrows.''

It depends, if the cleric must use blue balls for longer time..or must heal weak tank, can be mp cost double so high as from barbarian, which are ( to be honnest ) nothing higher from wizzard costs.If the TT run goes smoth & fast, clerics dosn't have more costs as wizzards, and barbarins dosn't have more costs as wizzards.
    Probablly i wont forget 1 tank, which have come in TT 2-2 to replace another barbarian ( only for the last boss ) because the other one have go off or whatever. We kill the boss, the barbarian pick first, sure dust of stars for few minutes '' work ''. I would expect that he would get few mirages, but anyway, just an example how greedy & unfair people can be.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Pet damg isn't nerfed in TT either 3eb4e7b3.gif

this.

going into TT with random is always a situation for much QQ. I never go in random just to avoid that. ****, I just bought my gold gear instead.b:surrender
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
    edited June 2010

Lol
    Maybe at low lvls, but my weak unrefined sage **** can out DD the (avarage) veno's.
    At higher lvls veno's hardly do more dmg than other DD's.
    A veno is a DD, and nothing more

And LOL @ wizzy's costs high just as clerics.
    You clerics are doing something seriusly wrong, cause I run my TT's with a max of 2 mp pots (event) used. Often that is because I died just before the boss and can't start with full mp. Almost every boss dies before I run out of mp.
    The secret? Sage chi powar and 3spark mp regen with welspring quaf (ok, wizzys have an advantage there, no quaf for clerics)