What motivates you to fight? :O

Strife_son - Sanctuary
Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Twilight Temple (West)
Came across some fun info today. It seems that in order to motivate a once conquering faction's members to TW, you have to bribe them. I introduce to you, the "Nefarious Super Bonanza Sign-up For TW QQplz" prize system~

"...if they get 120 signups for regi triple attack then out of the people who show up, they hold a drawing for people to get 5 mil coin. On top of the 5 mil... The first 30 people to sign up could win 1 of the following:

-1 Platinum HP Charm & 1,000,000 coins "OR" 1 Rapture Crystal!!!

-The Next 31-60 people who sign up could win 1 of the following.
1 Gold HP Charm & 500,000 coin "OR" Gold HP Charm and 1 Uncanny Crystal
"OR" 500,000 coin & 1 Uncanny Crystal "OR" 2 Uncanny Crystals!!!

- The Next 61-80 people to sign up could win..
500,000 coin "OR" 1 Uncanny Crystal "OR" 500 Pefect Chi Stones

- 81-120 Could win 300,000 coins

- 121-150 could win 200,000 coins

- 151-200 can win 100,000 coins"

Nothing like bribing people to participate. So how is this super awesome give-away working for Nefarious? Will they be able to bribe enough people to prevent them from losing their precious Thousand Streams bastion? I doubt it~

What happens when you lose everything Nef? How will you get people to sign up then? D:!!

Oh, gg on attacking LG. Nothing like trying to be diplomatic with a faction, and then turning on them after they refuse you. Way to go! b:victory
Post edited by Strife_son - Sanctuary on

Comments

• RRARRRRGGHHH - Sanctuary
    RRARRRRGGHHH - Sanctuary Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I am motivated by mouth watering treats!

OH LOOK A PIECE OF CANDY!!!!!!!
  • SarahC - Sanctuary
    SarahC - Sanctuary Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Enely gives out Warsoul weapons ijs.
    "Anyone wanna doing cube atm?" - Aya
    "I click Release Corpse and it tells me I can't perform this action while dead." -Saveless
    Enelysionb:cute
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    what motivates me to fight? mass pvp b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    what motivates me to fight? mass pvp b:dirty

You guys have no shown Regi a few times now though. Your biggest opponent, the best PvP, and you aren't even giving it your (Nef's) best effort.

Think you would agree that bad company 2 is far superior pvp than this game anyway :p
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    b:avoid wish i was in nef mmoonnneeeyyy b:dirty b:chuckle
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.
  • Aliure - Sanctuary
    Aliure - Sanctuary Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I take pleasure in killing male chars. Or G.I.R.L. chars.

jp hehe
    "There is nothing worth your complete trust in this world other than yourself. The moment you lean on someone, you'll lose the strength to remain standing and when that person leaves, you'll end up hitting the ground."
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    You guys have no shown Regi a few times now though. Your biggest opponent, the best PvP, and you aren't even giving it your (Nef's) best effort.

Think you would agree that bad company 2 is far superior pvp than this game anyway :p

lol, true, but pvping with reg is fun, if it was slightly a bit more balance, and not some **** for nothing. twing against leg,ene,rr is fun because we are on a race against time. cause if we don't win within a certain amount of time, we lose and that makes the tw fun :P

btw, i do own and play bad company 2 :P you play that too?
    I take pleasure in killing male chars. Or G.I.R.L. chars.

jp hehe

you want to have fun with me? b:shocked i'm telling roxy, hands off me!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ignathas - Sanctuary
    Ignathas - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    been in every tw since february - missed none. always go there for liquid, and got nothing in return, i usually try to donate stuff then i can apo etc. for my squad :> these days im totally broke tho, but still have fun :) and i usually wake up at 5am to do so... even then 30ppl were showing up and there was only slaughter i still came to try and push them back ^^ idk guess what motivates me is for our faction to get a land someday.. and honor b:victory
    btw this tw was fun managed to hold off for 22mins >:P nefarious in general arent bad, we just like attacking them, and some of them do have god-mode gear b:shocked motivating ppl with coins is a good idea, wouldnt work on me tho, guess it depend on ppl ^^
  • QontroL - Sanctuary_1374340824
    QontroL - Sanctuary_1374340824 Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    my motivation is watching a bunch of nub PvE-ers that pushed their CCs to the limit claiming they are doin real PvP while they are frontlining on their wizzy, in a game where PvP is nowhere even near PvP b:shutup
    I have not seen a single good PvPers yet btw b:bye
    I am indeed a fool here cuz Free2Play = Pay2Pwn, but it keeps the servers running so I wont flame any cashshoppers but if u wanna play PvP then u shouldnt try F2P games -_-'

as for money I only use food in PvP cuz charm ruins all the balance in the game and I somewhat refuse to use it, not caring that it makes me useless b:laugh
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Came across some fun info today. It seems that in order to motivate a once conquering faction's members to TW, you have to bribe them. I introduce to you, the "Nefarious Super Bonanza Sign-up For TW QQplz" prize system~

"...if they get 120 signups for regi triple attack then out of the people who show up, they hold a drawing for people to get 5 mil coin. On top of the 5 mil... The first 30 people to sign up could win 1 of the following:

Nothing like bribing people to participate. So how is this super awesome give-away working for Nefarious? Will they be able to bribe enough people to prevent them from losing their precious Thousand Streams bastion? I doubt it~

What happens when you lose everything Nef? How will you get people to sign up then? D:!!

Oh, gg on attacking LG. Nothing like trying to be diplomatic with a faction, and then turning on them after they refuse you. Way to go! b:victory

:D I wana join now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shevanel - Sanctuary
    Shevanel - Sanctuary Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I long for the glorious fights that Leg and Nef once had. I've only known 6-50?minute TWs against Nef.

One day I hope to play with Leg, RR and Outlaw (Again), and other up and coming factions slowly gaining power.

Those are the real fun TWs. For now, keep hacking at Nef, and hope we never have to worry about Regi.

Anyway, thats what I go to war for.
    Koiz - omfg my life is now complete
    Shevanel - haha oh?
    ~~~
    Koiz - i took this massive dump
    Koiz - while listening to im on a boat hahahah
    Shevanel - hahahahaha
    Shevanel - haha
    Shevanel - Oh wow

Certain levels of Boredom..
    ThaMessiah: I'd rather endlessly wack it till I shot a load that hits my ceiling than do a 3-2
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    lol, true, but pvping with reg is fun, if it was slightly a bit more balance, and not some **** for nothing. twing against leg,ene,rr is fun because we are on a race against time. cause if we don't win within a certain amount of time, we lose and that makes the tw fun :P

btw, i do own and play bad company 2 :P you play that too?

I don't own the game. I just saw you said you play it in another thread here, think the one about "moar epic pplz". I used to play bf2 and bf2142 though. Figure they are kinda sorta similar :p
  • NonameWiz - Sanctuary
    NonameWiz - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    My motivation: Kill the King - Fight the best and Enjoy the rest
    Rank 8 Wizard: 1% farm b:shutup
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    I long for the glorious fights that Leg and Nef once had. I've only known 6-50?minute TWs against Nef.

One day I hope to play with Leg, RR and Outlaw (Again), and other up and coming factions slowly gaining power.

Those are the real fun TWs. For now, keep hacking at Nef, and hope we never have to worry about Regi.

Anyway, thats what I go to war for.

you can hope, but the way things are going, with reg being the top now b:surrender even if nef has more land, i don't see anybody who can stop reg just yet b:cry maybe nef will, hehe after we rebuild :P
    I don't own the game. I just saw you said you play it in another thread here, think the one about "moar epic pplz". I used to play bf2 and bf2142 though. Figure they are kinda sorta similar :p

ahh i see, i have bf2, stop playing it cause i got a little bored, but bf bc2 is actually quite fun, smaller map but not as small as call of duty but not as large as bf2, makes it quite interesting.

i remember bf2, where there is two groups of people when you play 64 vs 64, one group hold off the enemy, the second group go around and grab new spawn points to spawn players chock off reinforcement :P good times
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2010
    BF2 b:angry
    fear me in gunner seat of the chopper b:dirty
  • Linchen - Sanctuary
    Linchen - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2010

i will pay another 100k for each SHOWup.....signups r useless....they need to show up also.
    i only see some showups if we att something like archo or 1k... so i m curious about next weeks TW against nef, maybe they showup a bit...coz 1k is worth it :P

free ironguards for everyone after next TW.....no more nef control for highlevel pots -)
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Killing people is fun.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Ignathas - Sanctuary
    Ignathas - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    yep at least for an archer this game for pk is not that fun.. used to play another game as archer were it had like 10 different pk areas for different lvls, nation wars, clanwars, etc. but that game got totally **** and gms did not do their job so i quit after playing for like 5-7 years...
    here pk could be better ;/ e.x special not just areas but maps for ppl to come just to pk like clan vs clan, or individually.. only really fun thing here is tw, but need a more balanced strength of the factions :>
    could be areas like tw area, that lasted forever not just 3minutes in a fight against nef..
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    BF2 b:angry
    fear me in gunner seat of the chopper b:dirty

sorry, i hate vehicle b:victory all infantry maps only!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    sorry, i hate vehicle b:victory all infantry maps only!

Aww... Vehicles were so much fun. I r fighter pilot.
  • Aliure - Sanctuary
    Aliure - Sanctuary Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    you want to have fun with me? b:shocked i'm telling roxy, hands off me!
    noooot sure at all where you got this from, lol. psh, my hands are on roxy. b:dirty
    "There is nothing worth your complete trust in this world other than yourself. The moment you lean on someone, you'll lose the strength to remain standing and when that person leaves, you'll end up hitting the ground."
  • Attama - Sanctuary
    Attama - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    why even post this? You think the server even cares. We already know our lot, you need to stop obsessing over nef and just play the game.
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    why even post this? You think the server even cares. We already know our lot, you need to stop obsessing over nef and just play the game.

Actually, I do think the server takes some amusement in Nef's current dilemma. Can't get sign-ups, won't even fight Regi in fair 1v1's. Charm **** to get your PvP jollies against factions you drastically outgear. I think Nef doesn't quite "know their lot" since the Nef I remember fighting last year was a lot different, and honestly more honorable, than your current "lot".

You're not even worthy of the Nefarious title as your faction currently stands. Nefarious to me was a powerful adversary, well organized fighters who knew what a good TW was. Nefarious now is a cowardly faction. Please feel free to point out how and where I am wrong in this statement :)

As for being obsessed, well, you should probably understand what an obsession is before you go accusing people of having them.
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Aww... Vehicles were so much fun. I r fighter pilot.

I don't like vehicles in bf2 -.-' impossible to shoot down. i mean who in the world can shoot down a fighter as an infantry -.-'

come to bf bc2, at least choppers can die if you are a good player.
    noooot sure at all where you got this from, lol. psh, my hands are on roxy. b:dirty

lol, you like killing male chars or G.I.R.L. chars and i take it the way people would if their minds are in the gutter :P btw i don't think roxy like girls, maybe except mendy -.-'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2010
    I don't like vehicles in bf2 -.-' impossible to shoot down. i mean who in the world can shoot down a fighter as an infantry -.-'

come to bf bc2, at least choppers can die if you are a good player.

lol, you like killing male chars or G.I.R.L. chars and i take it the way people would if their minds are in the gutter :P btw i don't think roxy like girls, maybe except mendy -.-'

muahaha my sick BF2 sniperskills could take down fighters/choppers no problem b:surrender

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5vWS_Xxcyk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJHd-OUFspQ&feature=related
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    muahaha my sick BF2 sniperskills could take down fighters/choppers no problem b:surrender

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5vWS_Xxcyk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJHd-OUFspQ&feature=related

i hate sniping -.-' the most epically boring position i can play. i thank god, that bf bc2 allow my sniper to carry a g3 + motion sensor ^^ epically pawnage
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Attama - Sanctuary
    Attama - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Actually, I do think the server takes some amusement in Nef's current dilemma. Can't get sign-ups, won't even fight Regi in fair 1v1's. Charm **** to get your PvP jollies against factions you drastically outgear. I think Nef doesn't quite "know their lot" since the Nef I remember fighting last year was a lot different, and honestly more honorable, than your current "lot".

You're not even worthy of the Nefarious title as your faction currently stands. Nefarious to me was a powerful adversary, well organized fighters who knew what a good TW was. Nefarious now is a cowardly faction. Please feel free to point out how and where I am wrong in this statement :)

As for being obsessed, well, you should probably understand what an obsession is before you go accusing people of having them.

This honestly made me laugh. Because I say the exact same thing about legendary. The only thing I'm going to say about that is, yes, we aren't the nef we were a year ago. Because the people who were there then, are not all here now. So yes, we are going to change. You can't be what you aren't.

And I'm not quite sure what you mean by my obsession? Since we've only ever talked once, please do not point your finger at me about obsession. I'm not the one with 400+ posts. This makes post number 4.

And I'm sure you would love to go back and forth with me on this. Since belittling others seems to be sport for the children of this game, but this ends here. I will not be posting again, and I will not read whatever you write.

Have a good day, and may god's peace be with you.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    This honestly made me laugh. Because I say the exact same thing about legendary. The only thing I'm going to say about that is, yes, we aren't the nef we were a year ago. Because the people who were there then, are not all here now. So yes, we are going to change. You can't be what you aren't.

And I'm not quite sure what you mean by my obsession? Since we've only ever talked once, please do not point your finger at me about obsession. I'm not the one with 400+ posts. This makes post number 4.

And I'm sure you would love to go back and forth with me on this. Since belittling others seems to be sport for the children of this game, but this ends here. I will not be posting again, and I will not read whatever you write.

Have a good day, and may god's peace be with you.
    Well yeah its obvious pple change in and out for any faction. But what strife meant, in a cynical way albeit, was that its just not the 'pick of the litter' anymore. Going back to another post here from astypoo
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=8729802&postcount=4184
    sadly it seems more of the #2, #3. Most of the good guys went to another faction :/ hats off to the oldies who are still kinda there tho.

my motivation: i just dont like giving up

as for the OP method that was posted... not sure if its amazing or sad at the same time. Amazing cause its good use of the income they get and its probably fun, but sad if its a method they need to take if to insure pple come.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Jiblet - Sanctuary
    Jiblet - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Nef's current approach of bottling out / no-showing against us (Regi) is really disappointing to me. Some of the best TW's I had were when Regi was way underpowered compared to Nef and he somehow managed to get a few lands around Etherblade. Fighting to hold them / take land in TW's lasting 3 hours was great, even if we knew that we were way outgunned.

What I do find interesting is that in all the time that I've been in Regi we have never once no-showed (although to be fair we've not faced serious triple attacks), so personally I cannot understand why Nef won't even defend 1v1 against us...these tough fights are what it's all about to me.

Oh, and I don't know whether it's true or not that Nef has a strategy that involves No-showing against Regi until we get bored and break up, but if it is then I'm really disappointed in everyone that had a say in that. The game is about having a good fight whether you're likely to win or not - at least it was to Regi every time we attacked nef instead of another faction where we would have had an easier time.....