Fist Archers

Options
Voltori - Heavens Tear
Voltori - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Archer
i hear soon there taking away our fists away by changing to blademaster only? can any confirm?
Post edited by Voltori - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Im not sure about what they're going to do. However, I wouldnt restrict them to BMs. They has make them shiny dollar bills via people cash shopping for -int gear.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Rumor is false. Only thing they tried was a nerf to demon spark's attack speed (which was quickly changed back).
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Why the hell does this keep coming up? Restricting claws to BMs-only does nothing to address interval mechanics and I can't see something like this ever happening. This has never been implemented in any version of PW nor has it ever been mentioned by any official source.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Why the hell does this keep coming up?

Because people keep spreading the rumors, random people who don't know better believe it, and others are either too lazy to bother searching for the truth or don't bother reading all the times it's been confirmed that this isn't going to happen.
  • Voltori - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    Options
    was just wondering because i heard they made them bm only on the J A P server
  • PinkArrow - Heavens Tear
    PinkArrow - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I would like that. Archers are meant to use bows/crossbows/slingshots. Barbs are meant to use axe/hammers. I think other classes using melee weapons is freaking bizarre.
  • Voltori - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    Options
    can any moderators reply to this for 100 % confirmation?
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    can any moderators reply to this for 100 % confirmation?

... Moderators are volunteers, not actual employees of the company. Also, even if the GMs did know something, most likely their contracts would prohibit them from revealing anything.

Also, it's been said multiple times that the restriction of fists never actually happened.

And besides, it would be on the Chinese server, not Japanese.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Omg... not another of these threads... seriously.. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I just look forward to the day when they lower the attacks/second cap to 2 or 3 or something. I just look forward to hearing the rage. :P

-int Fist Archers are just sad. If I wanted to play a -int fist character, I'd spec my BM out that way. I mean, sure, I use fists. I used fists before they were cool (only on mobs which reached me in melee range, after using my metal skills... and more recently, on MQ mobs). Then people realized they were broken, and here we are today. >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    why are fist archers sad? all interval gear helps bow, the dex sacrificed for str is not large(13 dex, qq) I like it when instances take half the time, i like dealing the damage of 8 hercs on a boss, i like not worrying about stealing aggro cause i can tank at melee and most bosses are either melee or aoe spam at range, so a bow tank sucks for them
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    To me, broken = sad.

And I hope we all can agree that a class that's designed to be ranged, "dealing the damage of 8 hercs" with a melee weapon, is pretty damn broken. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    Options
    well dang, warsoul weapons are sad then too, they do too much damage! cant we all agree and go back to nix qq instead of fist qq?
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    -int Fist Archers are just sad.

For someone who advocates playing whatever build that is fun for the individual player, you are surprisingly hypocritical with regards to archers using fists.
  • Voltori - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    Options
    i believe you can build you character anyway you want. look at the bow-barbarian
  • DrowElfQueen - Dreamweaver
    DrowElfQueen - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I love my archer fist, she isnt broken, just fist happy b:pleased.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blackula__ - Archosaur
    Blackula__ - Archosaur Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I am distracted but I would like to add to this post. I don't care much about fists but I have something I want feedback on.......What about sins and bows? I understand and embrace that I am a ranged attack, HOWEVER.......is it QQ to desire either bows restricted or a dex melee weapon for archers like daggers?

Just curious, and I am sure its been brought up before........
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Correct me if im wrong, if these guys/gals feel that archers should be ranged attackers, as described, then the assassins should be close ranged attackers. Normal bows should be made class specific as well like the xbow & slings. If daggers (yet a simple tool) is classified only for assassins, then they shuoldnt be able to use bows. What i dont understand is why is the normal bow not labeled "archer only". To me its like the xbow & sling makes other classes too dumb to know how to use em... seriously... so dumb even a caveman CANT use it...

Now another part of me says ya its ok for TB to use bows. But why cant we archers use simple weapons such as the dagger? we have the same builds to use dex.

Oh well, as long as the fist stays open to any class, my archer remains aok.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blackula__ - Archosaur
    Blackula__ - Archosaur Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    yeah that is how I feel about it......I guess my issue is that we (archers) get slingshots and xbows but not bows to call our own. Now at 95 the solar slayer seems to be the best choice.......I don't think our best weapon should be open to all classes. I fee that it would be completely fair if we could use a dex based weapon. We have our ranged skills they have their melee skills.....But hey I wouldn't want to play a sin so I will stick with my bow penalty and all:D
    edited June 2010
    Options
    If im right, we have our Rank 8? Bow. Only we can use it b:laughb:pleasedb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pointshooter - Sanctuary
    Pointshooter - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    BOOO that cant b tru at all
  • Relakss - Harshlands
    Relakss - Harshlands Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    To me, broken = sad.

And I hope we all can agree that a class that's designed to be ranged, "dealing the damage of 8 hercs" with a melee weapon, is pretty damn broken. XD

small question you ever tried using fists on you archer?? otherwise don't QQ at all and just gtfob:bye.
    myself using FC gold bow and fists atm works out really well for me funny to see a wiz coming close to me so i wont hit that hard just switch to fists.b:victory
  • Ignathas - Sanctuary
    Ignathas - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    small question you ever tried using fists on you archer?? otherwise don't QQ at all and just gtfob:bye.
    myself using FC gold bow and fists atm works out really well for me funny to see a wiz coming close to me so i wont hit that hard just switch to fists.b:victory

a wiz has time to come close to you O,o i usually 1-2 hit them with a bow.. :>
  • Mirko - Raging Tide
    Mirko - Raging Tide Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    a wiz has time to come close to you O,o i usually 1-2 hit them with a bow.. :>

hehe, untill you stumble upon full garnet sharded wizzy with like 10-12k p.def. b:laugh

anyways, i don't use fists for pvp.. but imagine squad of 3 in tt, fist bm tanks (tt100), claw archer dd (deicide), and cleric debuff/heal.. OMG its so fast! you can get some serious money that way..
  • ObscureXD - Sanctuary
    ObscureXD - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    Options

woo rank8 armor but not enough dex to use the rank8 bow
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options

b:chuckle Not enough $ left for 4 sockets?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ObscureXD - Sanctuary
    ObscureXD - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    woo rank8 armor but not enough dex to use the rank8 bow

No need for bow if u have more than 5 attack speed ! b:chuckle
  • Ignathas - Sanctuary
    Ignathas - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options

good luck with that lol :> zz almost my physical attack with a bow...
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options

That's a bunch of bull****.

For one, you have all squad buffs, some of them level 11. Also, Heaven's Wrath.

Not to mention that your build is practically that of a HA archer, since you, for some unknown reason, have enough STR for Nirvana HA leggings.

Also, the attack speed is still capped at 5.

You can't really call that an archer.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.