is it me or clerics are being told what to do?

Options
13»

Comments

• Cookie_Doe - Heavens Tear
    Cookie_Doe - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    You know...I feel like telling a story, for it happened to me a while ago that a Veno and Barb were trying to tell me what to do...and I'm sure they all learn their lesson so well.

We were in a TT2-1 run, fairly easy for our levels, and we'd gotten to Wurlord. The boss that is the bane of a lot of people's existence I'm sure. I informed the Barb (since it was his first time tanking) that I would stack a couple IH on him, and needed him to catch the aggro from the Veno. A common way of doing Wurlord. Barb decided to argue with me and demand I put up a BB for the damage reduction.

Feeling very annoyed, as this wasn't the first time this has happened to me, I did EXACTLY what he said, and while sitting there paralyzed in my spell, informed the party they were going to die. Barb stayed very close to me, but on the 3rd instance of Wurlord...died.

While waiting for a fellow cleric to come and revive me (he was more than willing when I explained) I threw a few numbers at the party that had been wiped, and explained that a stacked IH is better to heal the tank than a BB, and that BB is normally more useful for AoE bosses.

In the end, I informed them if they were ever in a party with me again, and tried to tell me how to play my class, I would gleefully and with pure malice...watch them die as I took steps backwards.

tee hee b:thanks that one made me giggle lmao
  • Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    "well, we're a very passive aggressive bunch"

Ahah, so true. You can tell one i start putting <3's at the end of every sentence, i'm pissed off with you, but i would never flat out say it. If there's someone who's getting REALLY annoying, just stop healing them and let them stay dead once they die. Unless its the tankb:chuckle

lol, yeah. I think I've only actually CAP SHOUTED one time in instance. And the guildie who was with me and knew me was like "Whoa... you made Flick lose her temper. You must really suck."

Every other time I see someone doing something wrong, I can turn into a mother hen... but only if I see them doing it wrong/stupid/party-endangering first. And I'm seeing less of that as my levels get higher. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
  • Segomo - Dreamweaver
    Segomo - Dreamweaver Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    tee hee b:thanks that one made me giggle lmao

I feel it's appropriate to come back and reflect. I read some of the comments and need to indeed agree, BB on Wurlord when it's 2-2 and 2-3, is a total must in most situations. Based only on how much his magic attack does to ME, I know it's gotta suck for heavy classes.

Wurlord 2-1 though...with a barb over lvl80 with more than enough HP, shouldn't need a BB though. Not with the appropriate amount of IH on him.

In retrospect, I've come across lately a lot of people that for one reason or another cough*whoracle*cough don't seem to understand what we clerics are suppose to be doing.

To the people who have tanks and archers yelling to heal when they pull more aggro than Sword Tamer on holiday...just smile. Unless the entire party is fail...the only person who's gonna get angry is the one you really don't want to be there anyways...
    DREAMWEAVER
    Segomo - Lvl100 - Cleric
    Mictain - Lvl91 - Psychic
    Eros_Nyx - Lvl68 - Veno (o.O?)

Magic is in my blood, take it away and what am I left with? It is my crutch and my sword, my life and eventually...my death.
  • Skooomu - Lost City
    Skooomu - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I was on cleric alt, went on a BH29 run for my genie. Then I squad with a wizard, and cleric. The wizard went leeroy jenkins style and caused a few party wipes and blamed it on me. He had elemental resist like a BM ( he was wearing fail arcane armors <.<) So I had to pull and tank, but he insists that "you are clerics, i kill , you heal" he was so squishy in all ways, I couldn't even heal him fast enough when he dies in like 2-4 shots.

Then veno came along after next half of the BH. After we got through, I volunteered to tank instead. My magic power was a bit low too keep arggo but I held arggo and survived fine. Then the veno stole arggo. I made 1 mistake because I tried to take arggo back instead of healing her, but the other cleric used auto attack after the veno took arggo. Then a party wipe again and I had to come back again to rev. Then this wizard say "I told you, your meant to heal, not tank" when there is no barb or a decent wizard unlike him. So he was telling me and the other cleric what to do. That's not cool at all b:angry I was definitely healing too, I am using crowd control. And I thought being a wizzie would be crazy in random squads.

honestly if people be rude Let em die and leave em.
    Your mana is precious and if they dont realize that then **** em v..v
    espically if you come back to rez considering you lose exp and they lose less then you, so they havve no reason to whine.b:laugh
    On A Epic Quest To Prove Heavy Armored Clerics Can Own
    Pm me if you need bosses done(Within reason)
    I dont need a squad=)
  • Sewje - Harshlands
    Sewje - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    You're a cleric in the party. You control their life and death. Essentially, you're in charge. If a party member is ordering you around, and you KNOW they're wrong, then simply let them die and not res, or kick them out of party if you have lead. DDs are easily replaceable. They'll learn their lesson one day.

I guess i been doing the right thing on my clericb:laughb:pleasedb:victoryb:cool
  • Zilena - Harshlands
    Zilena - Harshlands Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I guess i been doing the right thing on my clericb:laughb:pleasedb:victoryb:cool

I bet if I was a BM and you were a cleric, you'd let me die Sew.
    Like no doubt about it, seriously. ;x <3
  • Flyssa - Sanctuary
    Flyssa - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Um...wow. Cleric tanks? No WB or even BM to take care of that instead. What kind of cleric are you and what kind of parties are you joining? I think you need to get a better understanding of this game before you turn it on again.
    Aside from that, yes! Clerics will often be told what to do, especially if you aren't doing things efficiantly or if people are dying. As for wizards running into mobs without support, don't revive them...that will teach them that they are squishy little bugs if they seem to think they are tanks. If it gets you kicked out of the party, who cares. I wouldn't want to be in a party like that...b:shutup
  • Zxdek - Sanctuary
    Zxdek - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    everyone says the answer is let them die and don't res them is dumb all that does is frustrate people and they'll just yell more and be more annoying to the next guy down the road.

im a wizard im guilty of charging ahead ... (as fast as wizards go...very slow) and getting killed 70% of the time was my fault other times well was just plain not caring by the clerics

such as theres three clerics in a squad and i still die cause none of them bother to heal me(not cases where i died to fast) some where they res you but don't bother to heal you so you just die when mobs that are all over aggro to you(not trying to fight or nothing noone else needs clerics help cases)
    then theres the ones that go "i'm DD your lame and squishy let me do the work and you sit and wait" <- case of being told what to do (if that happens if you need the mobs/boss deal with it. else leave)

some cases where the clerics to incompetent to heal them selfs let alone me. I've actually had to heal them cause they sucked so badly. yes some do need told heal every 5 seconds

i think everyone should try a cleric a some point and i think every cleric should try a wizard to show its really really easy to die as a wizard (my wizard i died like 20-30 times before lvl 10 & i never thought i'd make it past lvl 23 my cleric died like 3 times before lvl 10)

clerics cant blame there short comings on other people they have to take there fair share when its your fault don't say its mine.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Offtopic: Mine died once before 10 o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Venerable - Lost City
    Venerable - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    On the flipside a lot of clerics are incompetent and should stick to being a veno so they can solo stuff and people don't have to deal with their stupidity. b:chuckle
    Venerable, Protector of the Innocent.
  • Reichle - Sanctuary
    Reichle - Sanctuary Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    1. everyone says the answer is let them die and don't res them is dumb all that does is frustrate people and they'll just yell more and be more annoying to the next guy down the road.

2. im a wizard im guilty of charging ahead ... (as fast as wizards go...very slow) and getting killed 70% of the time was my fault other times well was just plain not caring by the clerics

3. such as theres three clerics in a squad and i still die cause none of them bother to heal me(not cases where i died to fast) some where they res you but don't bother to heal you so you just die when mobs that are all over aggro to you(not trying to fight or nothing noone else needs clerics help cases)
    then theres the ones that go "i'm DD your lame and squishy let me do the work and you sit and wait" <- case of being told what to do (if that happens if you need the mobs/boss deal with it. else leave)
    some cases where the clerics to incompetent to heal them selfs let alone me. I've actually had to heal them cause they sucked so badly. yes some do need told heal every 5 seconds

4. i think everyone should try a cleric a some point and i think every cleric should try a wizard to show its really really easy to die as a wizard (my wizard i died like 20-30 times before lvl 10 & i never thought i'd make it past lvl 23 my cleric died like 3 times before lvl 10)

5. clerics cant blame there short comings on other people they have to take there fair share when its your fault don't say its mine.

*rolls eyes*
    1. The only point I agree with you on. But the flipside is they learn their lesson when they see that the people who are being rezzed died from doing their job properly. But personally, I don't take that passive agressive approach.
    2. If you charge ahead, and you die, it's your fault no matter what. Because there is something called heal aggro. Maybe you thought the cleric didn't care, but maybe they were trying not to aggro mobs with their heals. Squishy DDs like you should not charge ahead, so don't blame the cleric when you die. A squad is there for a reason. The melees are the only ones allowed to "charge," and even then, sins are not heavily advised to charge.
    3. There are fails in every class. This is no reason for you to assume that every cleric messes up in squads.
    4. It's interesting that you brought that up. Honestly, most of my characters did not die more than once or twice before fb19, more than 3 times before fb29. And sure it may be easy to die because you're a squishy mag, but that doesn't mean that you should die all the time. My cleric only dies when she heal aggroes or the tank didnt aggro wandering mobs, and even this only happens maybe once or twice a run before we have a talk or the tank gets the idea. If he doesn't I just leave and come back another time.
    So, dying a lot depends on your playstyle, not the class you're playing.
    As for trying a cleric to understand what they go through, you havent understood till your cleric has done some BHs with fail people who try to tell you what to do, and they're telling you only selfish things like "heal me" when they're some squishy running towards 3 mobs. This happens about 60% of the time, and even if you have a good tank, the DDs tend to steal aggro, then blame the cleric when they die because of it. But a good DD knows their place in the squad, and so doesnt blame the cleric if they die from aggro stealing.
    5. The same goes for you. Being a squishy DD means you attack after mobs have been aggroed. You don't do the aggroing, and you don't try to tackle a single mob by yourself. So if you do those things and then die, don't call the cleric a fail before realizing the reckless behavior you just showed.
    Reichle lvl7x cleric | Neithin lvl5x barb | Tigressi lvl3x veno | Etheriali lvl3x wiz | Goldeeni lvl2x sin | Lilaq lvl2x BM | Fuegai lvlx archer | Whiteney psychic not created yet >_>

Yes, I love PWI that much. Every class is awesome in their own way.
  • Thedarkrealm - Lost City
    Thedarkrealm - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    barb and clerics are probably the most abused as if we dont know our jobs. You probably rarly if ever hear something like "archer use lightning shot and sharptooth when I dragon" or "bm stun lock these mobs and we'll aoe" because its assumed every other class knows what they're doing but with clerics and barb you always hear "buff/ barb buff/ purify when it debuffs/ spam fleshream/ go lure those mobs/ bb/ one of you bb the other rb (2 clerics) / use roar to get aggro/ spam ironheart/ spam ironheart and pt heal when needed/ rez, I NEED REZ/ ect. ect."

By the way, this is a little bit off topic of EP's getting abuse buuut... ROAR is a worthless skill plz stop asking barbs to use it like its amazing. Even at lvl10 it takes 2 seconds to cast, thats 2 seconds of us being smacked around and as soon as its hit by anything else the aggro from it is lost. Also "turtle then roar" is equally as worthless only now the added bonus of running slower and losing 2 sparks that will be needed for fleshream/ arma/ devour/ 1,2,3 sparks/ sunder/ armor break. If something has to be said please make it a useful skill like "sunder to get aggro when you lure those mobs"
  • Reichle - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Options
    1. barb and clerics are probably the most abused as if we dont know our jobs. You probably rarly if ever hear something like "archer use lightning shot and sharptooth when I dragon" or "bm stun lock these mobs and we'll aoe" because its assumed every other class knows what they're doing but with clerics and barb you always hear "buff/ barb buff/ purify when it debuffs/ spam fleshream/ go lure those mobs/ bb/ one of you bb the other rb (2 clerics) / use roar to get aggro/ spam ironheart/ spam ironheart and pt heal when needed/ rez, I NEED REZ/ ect. ect."

2. By the way, this is a little bit off topic of EP's getting abuse buuut... ROAR is a worthless skill plz stop asking barbs to use it like its amazing. Even at lvl10 it takes 2 seconds to cast, thats 2 seconds of us being smacked around and as soon as its hit by anything else the aggro from it is lost. Also "turtle then roar" is equally as worthless only now the added bonus of running slower and losing 2 sparks that will be needed for fleshream/ arma/ devour/ 1,2,3 sparks/ sunder/ armor break. If something has to be said please make it a useful skill like "sunder to get aggro when you lure those mobs"

1. EXACTLY. *high fives*
    That's why the cleric can squad with just one barb friend to do the run. Forget about the DDs that act like they know everything even though they die all the time. The instance will just take a little bit longer, thaz all, lols b:chuckle
    2. Another reason why it's so annoying being told what to do. What they're telling you is hardly ever right/true.
    Reichle lvl7x cleric | Neithin lvl5x barb | Tigressi lvl3x veno | Etheriali lvl3x wiz | Goldeeni lvl2x sin | Lilaq lvl2x BM | Fuegai lvlx archer | Whiteney psychic not created yet >_>

• LadyTsukiyo - Harshlands
    LadyTsukiyo - Harshlands Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Um...wow. Cleric tanks? No WB or even BM to take care of that instead. What kind of cleric are you and what kind of parties are you joining? I think you need to get a better understanding of this game before you turn it on again.
    Aside from that, yes! Clerics will often be told what to do, especially if you aren't doing things efficiantly or if people are dying. As for wizards running into mobs without support, don't revive them...that will teach them that they are squishy little bugs if they seem to think they are tanks. If it gets you kicked out of the party, who cares. I wouldn't want to be in a party like that...b:shutup

It is possible for a cleric to tank. It's not changing the schematics of what the character can do, it's thinking outside of the box and not being confined inside of the parameters of what a cleric can or can't do. Seems to me that you're the one with a better understanding of the game :3
    1. everyone says the answer is let them die and don't res them is dumb all that does is frustrate people and they'll just yell more and be more annoying to the next guy down the road.

2. im a wizard im guilty of charging ahead ... (as fast as wizards go...very slow) and getting killed 70% of the time was my fault other times well was just plain not caring by the clerics

3. such as theres three clerics in a squad and i still die cause none of them bother to heal me(not cases where i died to fast) some where they res you but don't bother to heal you so you just die when mobs that are all over aggro to you(not trying to fight or nothing noone else needs clerics help cases)

4. i think everyone should try a cleric a some point and i think every cleric should try a wizard to show its really really easy to die as a wizard (my wizard i died like 20-30 times before lvl 10 & i never thought i'd make it past lvl 23 my cleric died like 3 times before lvl 10)

5. clerics cant blame there short comings on other people they have to take there fair share when its your fault don't say its mine.
    1. Not necessarily. Sometimes dying from being an idiot teaches you to not make the same mistake again. If people get frustrated and QQ about it then they really haven't learned the lesson.
    2. A cleric's job is to heal the tank, be it a barb or bm. It's hard for us to constantly heal those who bite off more than what they can chew. We're not your babysitters. Common sense should dictate whether or not you should bring pots or not try and take on stronger mobs.
    3. Again, it's hard for us to keep track of everyone. If you die, it's your own fault for not being properly prepared. Do not place blame on the clerics because you forgot to bring npc pots, event pots or even apothecary pots with you.
    4. My cleric has died more times than my wiz when I was starting out..I don't know what you're talking about.
    5. Except we can. Again we're not in control of your actions. Hell I had someone totally blame a barb dying because I didn't know what was going on, and because the barb decided to rez next to the boss after I rezzed him. I am not a mind reader first of all (would be awesome if I was) and secondly I cannot physically pick up the barb and toss him away from the boss and then rez them. Again that would be really cool. But let's be realistic.
    "If God gives you lemons, then get a new God"-Powerthirst
  • BarbLord - Raging Tide
    BarbLord - Raging Tide Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    5. because the barb decided to rez next to the boss after I rezzed him. I am not a mind reader first of all (would be awesome if I was) and secondly I cannot physically pick up the barb and toss him away from the boss and then rez them. Again that would be really cool. But let's be realistic.[/QUOTE]

i see it as part of my job to go town if i die near the boss and am the only one who can tank sigh that barb was some idiot
    edited June 2010
    Options
    5. because the barb decided to rez next to the boss after I rezzed him. I am not a mind reader first of all (would be awesome if I was) and secondly I cannot physically pick up the barb and toss him away from the boss and then rez them. Again that would be really cool. But let's be realistic.

i see it as part of my job to go town if i die near the boss and am the only one who can tank sigh that barb was some idiot[/QUOTE]

Well everyone else in squad was yelling at me to rez him. He said himself he wasn't built as a tank. But he tanked anyways. The sin blamed me for it. It's still a thorn in my side today..
  • SaintDominic - Sanctuary
    SaintDominic - Sanctuary Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    i see it as part of my job to go town if i die near the boss and am the only one who can tank sigh that barb was some idiot

Well everyone else in squad was yelling at me to rez him. He said himself he wasn't built as a tank. But he tanked anyways. The sin blamed me for it. It's still a thorn in my side today..[/QUOTE]

During my experience, most sins are IDIOTS thinking they do the most dmg in the game. When doing a BH run they go all out stealing aggro and die then blame on me for healing tank instead of sin....LOL
  • tukiyem
    tukiyem Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options

well, not necessary to do that. There are many ways to revive next to the boss and keep survive without depending on cleric skill, at least until your HP become more than half. Apoth pills seems useful here
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Well everyone else in squad was yelling at me to rez him. He said himself he wasn't built as a tank. But he tanked anyways. The sin blamed me for it. It's still a thorn in my side today..

During my experience, most sins are IDIOTS thinking they do the most dmg in the game. When doing a BH run they go all out stealing aggro and die then blame on me for healing tank instead of sin....LOL[/QUOTE]

Well the sins didn't die. Well one of them died. When I left squad it turns out that they all died, and the one sin was blaming me for it.

High lvl sins do deal a lot of damage. So if I'm in a squad with them, they can tank, barb could DD. But if someone is my lvl, then I'll help them DD and give them the occassional IH or Stream of Rejuvination depending on how low their hp is.
  • Glying - Sanctuary
    Glying - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ok, heres a tip of advice from me. people usually boss aroung low lvled clerics. and if youre doing an fb and have a low lvled cleric as assistance, bring a high lvled or medium lvled one. oh and if someone blames you for dying or for almost dying u should just tell them to shut up cuz you are doing the best you can. Also, a cleric should always tell peoples position in fighting. and warn them that your low on mp and they'll stop 'till u recover. and if they keep on blaming you leave the squad! Not alot of squads blame clerics. Especially if theyre your friends.
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ok, heres a tip of advice from me. people usually boss aroung low lvled clerics. and if youre doing an fb and have a low lvled cleric as assistance, bring a high lvled or medium lvled one. oh and if someone blames you for dying or for almost dying u should just tell them to shut up cuz you are doing the best you can. Also, a cleric should always tell peoples position in fighting. and warn them that your low on mp and they'll stop 'till u recover. and if they keep on blaming you leave the squad! Not alot of squads blame clerics. Especially if theyre your friends.

Actually people boss around a high lvl cleric as well...whether it's 7x or 9x. Hell I still get low levels demanding that I buff them xD
  • Qingzi - Harshlands
    Qingzi - Harshlands Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options

Saw some things I wanna correct (not sure if it's server-dependant though)

People boss around mid/high lvld clerics also.

They won't care if you're low on mp, they'll tell you to use an mp pot or something.

Maybe not friends, but a lot of squads blame clerics
  • Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Saw some things I wanna correct (not sure if it's server-dependant though)

People boss around mid/high lvld clerics also.

They won't care if you're low on mp, they'll tell you to use an mp pot or something.

Maybe not friends, but a lot of squads blame clerics

QFT b:surrender

I BH a lot, and I've only been in one squad that was willing to wait for meditation MP recovery... and that was because all but one were caster types who were also low. It's pretty much expected that a cleric of any decent level should be able to manage their own mp... whether it's through pots, food, powders, or charms. A cleric's mp is a precious resource, but not one other squad members should have to worry about. MP demands are one of the main reasons clerics are considered one of the most expensive classes.

And clerics do generally get kicked around, regardless of level. It's up to the cleric to kick back. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
  • Ingway - Sanctuary
    Ingway - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I was on cleric alt, went on a BH29 run for my genie. Then I squad with a wizard, and cleric. The wizard went leeroy jenkins style and caused a few party wipes and blamed it on me. He had elemental resist like a BM ( he was wearing fail arcane armors <.<) So I had to pull and tank, but he insists that "you are clerics, i kill , you heal" he was so squishy in all ways, I couldn't even heal him fast enough when he dies in like 2-4 shots.

Then veno came along after next half of the BH. After we got through, I volunteered to tank instead. My magic power was a bit low too keep arggo but I held arggo and survived fine. Then the veno stole arggo. I made 1 mistake because I tried to take arggo back instead of healing her, but the other cleric used auto attack after the veno took arggo. Then a party wipe again and I had to come back again to rev. Then this wizard say "I told you, your meant to heal, not tank" when there is no barb or a decent wizard unlike him. So he was telling me and the other cleric what to do. That's not cool at all b:angry I was definitely healing too, I am using crowd control. And I thought being a wizzie would be crazy in random squads.

This isn't as much a case of the wiz telling you what to do than a case of bad team work. I'm very interested in what the other cleric was doing, but there's nothing about him/her (except DD-ing along with you when the veno was under attack?).

IMO if the veno was a mag build veno, I'd prefer her to tank since she's going to outdamage everyone (as seems the case from aggro pulling) due to Wood spells. I don't know why you volunteered to tank instead of asking the veno, unless she declined.

As for the subject of people telling me what to do, I don't really care. If it's sound, I take it. If it's unsound, then I'd filter it out. It's rarely an issue if you know what you're doing. I take it that they (1) have been in such bad squads that they have to make it obvious (2) are being stupid, both of which has nothing to do with me...so nothing to get agitated about.

So far, doing my best, being magnanimous (with tards by res-ing/healing them) and keeping myself and the whole squad alive almost always stop the redundant commands from coming. If they don't shut up, they leave...and all for the better.
  • Glying - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Options
    lol actually i almost never get bossed around cuz i have a friendly faction and when we do fb's or bh's when we all enter i say "BUFFT TIME!!" lol and yea some ppl die, but they when they blame me i blame them cuz they werent near me and thought they were too 'powerful' to get help from a cleric.and then the person blames me for all that and then i just tell the person to shut up and stay close to me.i hope that helps but this diesnt usually work on barbs or anything like that, i always have to be near one tho and theyre the hardest to heal. but a veno and sin can be killed easily so i think the veno has to stay besides me and the sin just attack with the BM
  • Glying - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Options
    but idk about psychic i never been to an fb or bh with one but i think that they should be next to cleric
  • Reichle - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Options
    but idk about psychic i never been to an fb or bh with one but i think that they should be next to cleric

It's less about placement and more about timing. You can heal people from far away, if you haven't noticed. They dont need to be right next to you in order for you to heal them efficiently. And honestly, if people die, they must have run away from the group of mobs the squad was focusing on, and therefore out of your range, or you need to get used to using wellspring. It's perfect for those situations.

• Vaylore - Dreamweaver
    Vaylore - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I'm a cleric. I know your pain. I've been bossed around by people like that.

There's even a comic about clerics being bossed around (rather amusing i must say)
    a bit off topic

but i think that ALL clerics should go on strike. ON EVERY SERVER. I personaly think not one server would last a day. I'd give them 5 minutes.
    No heals, no buffs, no rez's.
  • Qingzi - Harshlands
    Qingzi - Harshlands Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I'm a cleric. I know your pain. I've been bossed around by people like that.

There's even a comic about clerics being bossed around (rather amusing i must say)
    a bit off topic

but i think that ALL clerics should go on strike. ON EVERY SERVER. I personaly think not one server would last a day. I'd give them 5 minutes.
    No heals, no buffs, no rez's.

EXACTLY! That includes healing themselves, buffing themselves and going to town when they die (counted as a res)b:laugh
  • Glying - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Options
    lol Reichle, i was talking about them being too far away. im a lvl 48 cleric why wouldnt i kno that? and members of the squad were high lvled, so it was kinda no biggy to them, but i was like worried that they might die so i had to use my aoe healing move all the time, which is harder cuz my aoe move effects people not too far away. i also used wellsprings but that only healed a pinch of their hp. i did use ironheart too, but then i used my aoe move cuz i had to waste alotta mp >.< so yea, cuz of all that they REALLY needed to run away cuz of 'me' -,-