is it me or clerics are being told what to do?

Options

Comments

• Segomo - Dreamweaver
    Segomo - Dreamweaver Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You know...I feel like telling a story, for it happened to me a while ago that a Veno and Barb were trying to tell me what to do...and I'm sure they all learn their lesson so well.

We were in a TT2-1 run, fairly easy for our levels, and we'd gotten to Wurlord. The boss that is the bane of a lot of people's existence I'm sure. I informed the Barb (since it was his first time tanking) that I would stack a couple IH on him, and needed him to catch the aggro from the Veno. A common way of doing Wurlord. Barb decided to argue with me and demand I put up a BB for the damage reduction.

Feeling very annoyed, as this wasn't the first time this has happened to me, I did EXACTLY what he said, and while sitting there paralyzed in my spell, informed the party they were going to die. Barb stayed very close to me, but on the 3rd instance of Wurlord...died.

While waiting for a fellow cleric to come and revive me (he was more than willing when I explained) I threw a few numbers at the party that had been wiped, and explained that a stacked IH is better to heal the tank than a BB, and that BB is normally more useful for AoE bosses.

In the end, I informed them if they were ever in a party with me again, and tried to tell me how to play my class, I would gleefully and with pure malice...watch them die as I took steps backwards.
    DREAMWEAVER
    Segomo - Lvl100 - Cleric
    Mictain - Lvl91 - Psychic
    Eros_Nyx - Lvl68 - Veno (o.O?)

Magic is in my blood, take it away and what am I left with? It is my crutch and my sword, my life and eventually...my death.
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    it s quite common to bb on wulord for catch actually
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
    Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You shouldnt take it personal if someone's telling you what to do. If they've just got a bad attitude its best just to try to bear with it and avoid pt'ing them in future. If they're trying to give you advice you really aught to be polite about it- they probably ran with clerics who didnt know what they were doing before so are just trying to be helpful.

You really cant presume to know everything either whatever your level! b:chuckle

I don't think that was the point. Of course you don't know everything, but it's just annoying and unnecessary for DD classes to order the healer about like a servant. You don't go running around telling your doctor how to perform your surgery, do you? DDers don't have any business snapping orders at the clerics since it's usually one of us that's getting the cleric killed.
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You know...I feel like telling a story, for it happened to me a while ago that a Veno and Barb were trying to tell me what to do...and I'm sure they all learn their lesson so well.

We were in a TT2-1 run, fairly easy for our levels, and we'd gotten to Wurlord. The boss that is the bane of a lot of people's existence I'm sure. I informed the Barb (since it was his first time tanking) that I would stack a couple IH on him, and needed him to catch the aggro from the Veno. A common way of doing Wurlord. Barb decided to argue with me and demand I put up a BB for the damage reduction.

Feeling very annoyed, as this wasn't the first time this has happened to me, I did EXACTLY what he said, and while sitting there paralyzed in my spell, informed the party they were going to die. Barb stayed very close to me, but on the 3rd instance of Wurlord...died.

While waiting for a fellow cleric to come and revive me (he was more than willing when I explained) I threw a few numbers at the party that had been wiped, and explained that a stacked IH is better to heal the tank than a BB, and that BB is normally more useful for AoE bosses.

In the end, I informed them if they were ever in a party with me again, and tried to tell me how to play my class, I would gleefully and with pure malice...watch them die as I took steps backwards.

IH wont do any good if one hit from the boss deals damage that is comparable with the hp the tank has. Wurlord has such a high magic attack that even arcane armors will get damage in the thousands.
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nasume - Lost City
    Nasume - Lost City Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    b:surprised things like this only happen in pve servers
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    IH wont do any good if one hit from the boss deals damage that is comparable with the hp the tank has. Wurlord has such a high magic attack that even arcane armors will get damage in the thousands.
    ^ This

to make a comparison, the magic damage 2-3 wurlord deals is about the same in power ancient evil deals as physical.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Handmaiden - Dreamweaver
    Handmaiden - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    BB on Wurlord is quite common, when you have 2 clerics or the barb is positive they can survive on BB alone.
    In 2-1s though, normally you would just IH and SoR accordingly, at least that's how I always did it.

I've noticed people love playing the back-seat driver to clerics, barbs too. Get's real old, real fast.
    Relent - 8x HA Veno
    Handmaiden - 9x Cleric
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    BB on Wurlord is quite common, when you have 2 clerics or the barb is positive they can survive on BB alone.
    In 2-1s though, normally you would just IH and SoR accordingly, at least that's how I always did it.

I've noticed people love playing the back-seat driver to clerics, barbs too. Get's real old, real fast.

I play bk seat driver a lot, but it's when I see a certain class doing smth pretty wrong either over & over, they told me it's their 1st time in this instance, or I can just see what they about to do is gona cause a squad whipe or lots of pain in the ****.
    Everyone thinks they are right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    So true. It's as if these other classes want to instantaneously take over the cleric/barbs job just to "show them how to do it their way." -.-

EDIT: WHEN said Cleric/Barb know what they're doing of course!b:laugh
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
  • Aydamn - Lost City
    Aydamn - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I generally tell others what to do, and what I'll do. If I'm in a new instance then I'll ask the best plan of attack.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yeah.I am getting told what to do even by those who have clerics and let me die and don't return to town with me instead just lay there and wait for me to res them.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Pegasi - Lost City
    Pegasi - Lost City Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I laugh so hard when people say I have a -insert 80-90+ here- level -insert whatever you are here- and think that makes them uber knowledgeable.

I was working with the most **** level 81 archer I have ever had the displeasure to work with in my year+ worth of play in FB 29. LEVEL 81!
    He died twice just getting into the FB gateway because he wouldn't move his squishy **** and I felt the need to run when someone pulled Silverfrost into the hall where I was. And he'd died before then because someone PKed him down to about 14 HP and then he was killed by a mob.
    Finally got into the FB and being one of the fastest classes bolts off, aggros the first 3 mobs, nearly dies, I finally catch up and he's taking off again for the next batch, yells at me for not healing as he fails to draw aggro on all the mobs, yells at me for running when I get heal aggro, yells at the team for saving me, yells at me again for not healing as he charges into the room with the door-opening mini-boss thing, yells at the team again for saving me from heal aggro, charges down the hall toward the boss, nearly dies, yells at me again, charges some more, get's to the boss room, waits all of 4 seconds literally, I turn around to pick up some loot can't even grab it (shame on me for thinking he would wait) he get's AoE's by all the mobs in the room, I die by AoE because he's in the middle of the room, I start to run back from the temple, he yells at me some more for taking too long, asks if everyone is ready to go for the boss, they say NO WAIT FOR CLERIC, he runs in for the boss, dies swears us all out, called me a ****, and rage quits the whole squad!

15 minutes later the FB is done thanks to FB Help Private chat and a competent barb and veno.

Yeah. I think we get kicked around a bit.

Another person in the squad was all for telling me how he had a level 80+ cleric and how I shoulda' done this and that and if I had done this we would be fine up until he died too! I thought it was ironic how he seemed to think that his level mattered to me at all when we were working with an obviously **** level 81 red named archer who mistook himself for a barb and couldn't get through FB 29 alive.

End Rant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When Saukey decides she can swim, I know I didn't get the DC pop-up again. Wish she swam when it matters.
  • Phenique - Lost City
    Phenique - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I laugh so hard when people say I have a -insert 80-90+ here- level -insert whatever you are here- and think that makes them uber knowledgeable.

I was working with the most **** level 81 archer I have ever had the displeasure to work with in my year+ worth of play in FB 29. LEVEL 81!
    He died twice just getting into the FB gateway because he wouldn't move his squishy **** and I felt the need to run when someone pulled Silverfrost into the hall where I was. And he'd died before then because someone PKed him down to about 14 HP and then he was killed by a mob.
    Finally got into the FB and being one of the fastest classes bolts off, aggros the first 3 mobs, nearly dies, I finally catch up and he's taking off again for the next batch, yells at me for not healing as he fails to draw aggro on all the mobs, yells at me for running when I get heal aggro, yells at the team for saving me, yells at me again for not healing as he charges into the room with the door-opening mini-boss thing, yells at the team again for saving me from heal aggro, charges down the hall toward the boss, nearly dies, yells at me again, charges some more, get's to the boss room, waits all of 4 seconds literally, I turn around to pick up some loot can't even grab it (shame on me for thinking he would wait) he get's AoE's by all the mobs in the room, I die by AoE because he's in the middle of the room, I start to run back from the temple, he yells at me some more for taking too long, asks if everyone is ready to go for the boss, they say NO WAIT FOR CLERIC, he runs in for the boss, dies swears us all out, called me a ****, and rage quits the whole squad!

15 minutes later the FB is done thanks to FB Help Private chat and a competent barb and veno.

Another person in the squad was all for telling me how he had a level 80+ cleric and how I shoulda' done this and that and if I had done this we would be fine up until he died too! I thought it was ironic how he seemed to think that his level mattered to me at all when we were working with an obviously **** level 81 red named archer who mistook himself for a barb and couldn't get through FB 29 alive.

End Rant.

I was there for that. I remember him telling me to not attack anything, and then when trying to save Peg from heal aggro (because he, for some reason, refused to attack everything in the group and yet screamed for heals which Peg was already working on as he did so) I got an abrupt "STOP ATTACKING!!!!!!!!11!!!". The Psy with us (who had the 80+ Cleric) also fell victim to trying and helping Peg from heal aggro (and when I say heal aggro, I'm talking at least three mobs. In the boss room is was like four or five.) and getting told to stop attacking as well, because apparently our tank archer had everything covered.

And it was argued that Peg should have Iron-hearted him before trying to run into that room like he did, but he was already out of her range when she started trying to heal or anything else. He was very good at demanding heals and then leaving the cleric behind in his dust, because apparently Clerics are uber fast?

And what really got me was the fact that Peg died. She was the only Cleric, meaning no res for her so she had to go back to town, and even riding on her mount she apparently wasn't going fast enough for this guy. (Gawd clerics, why don't you ever use your rocket ships when we need them? After all, we're in the FB. Break out your 25m mounts already!) We try to explain she died and was on her way, but he didn't like being told that he had to wait. So, like a two year old, kicked EVERYONE out of the squad.

Whenever he wanted heals, she was trying to catch up because he just busted **** through the whole thing. And when she finally did manage to heal him, again. Heal aggro. It didn't help that he refused to pot or wait for his MP to come back so he could use skills instead of normal attacks. I think I was doing more damage than he was with my normal attacks, and he's level 81. >_> I don't think Sins are that overpowered...
  • Adalynne - Sanctuary
    Adalynne - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    My favorite is "cleric heal"
    Heal? As a cleric? Really? But I thought I was there to tank!

Sure, if I'm slacking off and not doing my job well, they have every right to give me a nudge. The other 97% of the time, shutup.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you will practice being fictional for a while, you will understand that fictional characters are sometimes more real than people with bodies and heartbeats.
  • Liba - Heavens Tear
    Liba - Heavens Tear Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ugg, those kinda fo people really pee me off. I usual just leave the squad, look for a new one- thats the thing though, clerics are so desirable, its not like you can have too many of them.
    And honestly- im naturally bad tempered, and i am on my cleric aswell- i don't take anyone's ****. xD. 'Cleric with attitude' so need some more of them ;) .
    Clerics FTW :D. My main might be a veno- but i love my squishy cleric >D.
    Haters gunna love this ^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Liba- 9x Sage veno, TheEmpire
    X_xMoonx_X - 7x Future demon cleric
    _Nix_x - 7x Sin :)
  • Selquet - Sanctuary
    Selquet - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    My favorite is "cleric heal"
    Heal? As a cleric? Really? But I thought I was there to tank!

No, silly. Clerics aren't supposed to heal in squads. You must be running in fail squads. Here's the rules:

1. Cleric's primary job is to DD, secondary is to tank.

2. If you are 2nd cleric in squad and the 1st cleric fails their class by healing people, you are not allowed to assist with heals in any way, including healing yourself when you underestime your DD power. See Rule 1.

3. If someone yells at you to heal them, just use squad heal, that way everyone's happy. If they don't like you using that, use blessing of the purehearted instead (even better if you left at lvl 1, will save you mana for when you go back to DDing/tanking).

4. Don't get holy path on your genie, it takes up space for alpha male. You don't need to be the fastest class anyway. If your squad doesn't wait for their most important DD then they suck for making their run take longer anyway.

5. If you slip up and heal someone by mistake, apologise to them for saving their charm/pots/event food. Every class has their own costs and they expect to be paying them.

I think that's all for now. I know it needn't be said, but there are two healers in the game: Wizards and Psychics. TWO. I don't know why so many people tell us to heal them when healing is obviously not what we're there for. When will people learn >.<
  • Shadows_lead - Lost City
    Shadows_lead - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    clerics are ALWAYS told what to do and it bugs me too. yea, only level 65, but im a pretty good cleric when it comes to anything. i let myself die before anyone else in squad. then i get yelled at because i healed someone and i died. yea, stealing aggro is probablly what yall are gonna say is the problem...nope...i never take aggro...i know to heal when the tank is using an aoe and gets all atting mobs attention or to att mob and take some HP down. well enough has been said, leave the poor cleric alone!!!
  • Qingzi - Harshlands
    Qingzi - Harshlands Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    clerics are ALWAYS told what to do and it bugs me too. yea, only level 65, but im a pretty good cleric when it comes to anything. i let myself die before anyone else in squad. then i get yelled at because i healed someone and i died. yea, stealing aggro is probablly what yall are gonna say is the problem...nope...i never take aggro...i know to heal when the tank is using an aoe and gets all atting mobs attention or to att mob and take some HP down. well enough has been said, leave the poor cleric alone!!!

FAIL. A cleric should always keep themselves alive as a first priority. Not saying anything to be bossy or anything, but it's safer that way, for the tanks toob:pleased
  • goldsidewalker
    goldsidewalker Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Now my cleric i'm full attack so when someone does shout at me to heal them then they will probably die and ressing you should here what they say when they get ressed with lvl 1 b:laugh b:pleased
  • Qingzi - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    Options

End Rant.
    I was there for that. I remember him telling me to not attack anything, and then when trying to save Peg from heal aggro (because he, for some reason, refused to attack everything in the group and yet screamed for heals which Peg was already working on as he did so) I got an abrupt "STOP ATTACKING!!!!!!!!11!!!". The Psy with us (who had the 80+ Cleric) also fell victim to trying and helping Peg from heal aggro (and when I say heal aggro, I'm talking at least three mobs. In the boss room is was like four or five.) and getting told to stop attacking as well, because apparently our tank archer had everything covered.

And it was argued that Peg should have Iron-hearted him before trying to run into that room like he did, but he was already out of her range when she started trying to heal or anything else. He was very good at demanding heals and then leaving the cleric behind in his dust, because apparently Clerics are uber fast?

And what really got me was the fact that Peg died. She was the only Cleric, meaning no res for her so she had to go back to town, and even riding on her mount she apparently wasn't going fast enough for this guy. (Gawd clerics, why don't you ever use your rocket ships when we need them? After all, we're in the FB. Break out your 25m mounts already!) We try to explain she died and was on her way, but he didn't like being told that he had to wait. So, like a two year old, kicked EVERYONE out of the squad.

Whenever he wanted heals, she was trying to catch up because he just busted **** through the whole thing. And when she finally did manage to heal him, again. Heal aggro. It didn't help that he refused to pot or wait for his MP to come back so he could use skills instead of normal attacks. I think I was doing more damage than he was with my normal attacks, and he's level 81. >_> I don't think Sins are that overpowered...

I forgot this earlier so I'll say it now instead, a lvl 81... archer... needed heals... in Hall of Deception... What is happening to the world?b:cry
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I forgot this earlier so I'll say it now instead, a lvl 81... archer... needed heals... in Hall of Deception... What is happening to the world?b:cry

The archer was probably related to the level 80 or so cleric that told an assassin to tank in there, failed to keep said assassin alive, and then somehow managed to also get killed by Quingzi.
  • Qingzi - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    The archer was probably related to the level 80 or so cleric that told an assassin to tank in there, failed to keep said assassin alive, and then somehow managed to also get killed by Quingzi.

A cleric getting killed... That's even worse
  • Therasell - Heavens Tear
    Therasell - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    No, silly. Clerics aren't supposed to heal in squads. You must be running in fail squads. Here's the rules:

1. Cleric's primary job is to DD, secondary is to tank.

2. If you are 2nd cleric in squad and the 1st cleric fails their class by healing people, you are not allowed to assist with heals in any way, including healing yourself when you underestime your DD power. See Rule 1.

3. If someone yells at you to heal them, just use squad heal, that way everyone's happy. If they don't like you using that, use blessing of the purehearted instead (even better if you left at lvl 1, will save you mana for when you go back to DDing/tanking).

4. Don't get holy path on your genie, it takes up space for alpha male. You don't need to be the fastest class anyway. If your squad doesn't wait for their most important DD then they suck for making their run take longer anyway.

5. If you slip up and heal someone by mistake, apologise to them for saving their charm/pots/event food. Every class has their own costs and they expect to be paying them.

I think that's all for now. I know it needn't be said, but there are two healers in the game: Wizards and Psychics. TWO. I don't know why so many people tell us to heal them when healing is obviously not what we're there for. When will people learn >.<

hahahahhahahaaaa.... hah xD thankyou for the good laugh. anyway back on topic i haven't really been told what to do, but when it does happen im cool with it... if it makes the person telling me what to do feel better that they know im aware of what to do in that situation, then im good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yue_Guang - Harshlands
    Yue_Guang - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    OMG I AGREE!!!
    Seriously, ppl think I can instant-heal full health instantly ... and I can't. and so I've been in some squads where ppl hecka flame me cuz I can't heal ppl fast enough for their liking. and then there's always some noob who think he/she can take on 8 mobs at once, and then realizes too late they are in over their heads, so they start running away...towards me. so now I have to deal with the aggro, cuz usually i'm healing, and don't react in time. meanwhile, there'll be 3 more following the idiot, while i'm trying to run away. and the person who's tanking sometimes die also. and usually, everyone dies in the end =_=
  • Devilmages - Sanctuary
    Devilmages - Sanctuary Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    yea when your a cleric you have to tell others what to do either you get picked on or them
    i like pie
  • Grego - Raging Tide
    Grego - Raging Tide Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Do you know the fact that the Cleric class it's a second of those who could tanking better?... No? Those people of your fail party do not understand it yet, i guess. Wish you health and happiness.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Wow that funny lv 81 . . b:chuckle
    I guess on his way to lv 81 there always a cleric that babysit him . . b:surrender
    Now i wonder about it . . i never asking for cleric heal but hoping they will help me. (even on instances)
    Usually i am very close with the cleric (to guard) and not mind sacrifice myself to guard the cleric.
    (well i do that if the cleric know how important was his or her, and i like it when they can judge who to heal first :D)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • KanariaRose - Archosaur
    KanariaRose - Archosaur Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    "well, we're a very passive aggressive bunch"

Ahah, so true. You can tell one i start putting <3's at the end of every sentence, i'm pissed off with you, but i would never flat out say it. If there's someone who's getting REALLY annoying, just stop healing them and let them stay dead once they die. Unless its the tankb:chuckle
  • Lolilace - Dreamweaver
    Lolilace - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    It gets very annoying to be told what to do. If I'm not sure whats going on I'll ask. Having been in bh51 numerous times now, I still get people telling me what to do. It makes me wonder why those 'advisors' say anything in the first place- over half of them don't know what they're talking about, even with their own class b:surrender

I've died so many times in secret frostcovered because of fail squads like this, so now I try to be the one who forms the squad or keeps lead >.> just in case some adjustments need to be made...b:mischievous

passive aggressive bunch...oh yes. b:chuckle I've only ever outright yelled at someone twice, because I got killed 4 times in less than 10 minutes...
  • Reichle - Sanctuary
    Reichle - Sanctuary Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    If you're getting told what to do by a fail, don't listen. It's plain and simple. But do keep an open mind, because some people actually do know what they're doing and are kind enough to share their knowledge/experience with you.
    Reichle lvl7x cleric | Neithin lvl5x barb | Tigressi lvl3x veno | Etheriali lvl3x wiz | Goldeeni lvl2x sin | Lilaq lvl2x BM | Fuegai lvlx archer | Whiteney psychic not created yet >_>

Yes, I love PWI that much. Every class is awesome in their own way.