The New and Improved Bug Report Thread

Comments

• HealsAndHugs - Heavens Tear
    HealsAndHugs - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    If anyone in your squad decided to smack an invisible object in this area, then the boss will never appear. There's no in-game warning about this so I'd consider it a bug, but nearly all TT2-3 squad I've been in over the last 4 weeks have all reiterated not to hit anything since if you do the boss won't come and you can't proceed in the run unless you kill the boss.
    Yea that's right....if you hit anything in there (either the invisible thing or the Orcs running around) the boss won't appear and that's the end of your run. I learned it the hard wayb:surrender
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Library Chief Cheng
  • whitenate
    whitenate Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Got stuck in the wall while jumping around the City of Raging Tides. It is the wall on the NE section with the red plants on top. If you head to the eastern most section you can walk right in.
  • MegaMagician - Sanctuary
    MegaMagician - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I think I know a weird glitch in Twilight Temple 1-x.....when you talk to the pillar and choose Substancia (TT 1-3), some catacomb guards (level 8X) appear behind the closed door (that's normal). Then a Venomancer can lure the mobs through the closed door (normal or bug?) in a certain order (don't know if there is an order or not, and if there is one, I dont know it). After those mobs are killed the door opens without talking to the next pillars. The mobs in the Twilight Temple are normal (level 8X), but in the Lord of Percussion Room, there are Vipenalt: Chronol (TT 1-1 !) and Lord of Percussion: Substancia and before that room (the one with 2 Catacomb Archers and a Catacomb xxx (fire thingy)) there is a Soulbanisher Chronol (TT 1-1 !). In the normal Soulbanisher room (after the Catacomb Dragons) there are Soulbanisher: Dimensic (TT 1-2 !) and Soulbanisher: Substancia. In the last room there are Vipenalt: Substancia (normal) and Vipenalt: Dimensic (TT 1-2 !). So somehow all TTs between 1-1 and 1-3 are mixed in one b:shocked and I doubt it's intended by the developers b:laugh
  • Bioturn - Heavens Tear
    Bioturn - Heavens Tear Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    There is a definite problem with the Valley of Disaster. You gotta redo the localization and boundaries for the monsters, because they can climbs walls and tanks can't get to them.
    WoW has 11 Million people playing. 11 million people also bought the Sega Dreamcast console. Proof that 11 million people can collectively do something stupid.

Chill with me on Twitter: twitter.com/Bioturn

Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands! - Auron (Final Fantasy X)
  • AliceDonut - Harshlands
    AliceDonut - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    99 demon stream of rejuvination skill book. Once you learn the skill, the description is incorrect. appears to mix some of the Elemental Seals description. here is what it says now:

Manipulate one's energy to form the Elemental Seal. Reduces your magic defense
    by 1800 of equipment value to reduce the enemy's magic defense
    by 60% of equipment value. Lasts 1800 seconds.

should read:

Heal the target's HP, recovering 1800 plus 60% of your base magic attack over 15 seconds

AliceDonut
  • FoxLady - Raging Tide
    FoxLady - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Hey guys,

I have some big problems with catshop prices after I relog.

I sold Wing Trophy 8,9m when i know i put price 3,899.999!

Now, I sold Soul Relic for 800k!

Check your prices guys, every time u relog.
    I have submitted a ticket and hope GMs will solve this problem.

Have a nice day,
  • PTReese - Raging Tide
    PTReese - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Hi, not sure if this is a bug or done intentionally, but in the Hall of Deception, just before the tele into Qinzi, the horse creatures(unsure of names) are able to shoot through the walls, is this bug?
  • Sandaili - Dreamweaver
    Sandaili - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Tiger and lobster mounts.....still freeze....is this something that will ever be fixed or should I trade my mounts?
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Hi, not sure if this is a bug or done intentionally, but in the Hall of Deception, just before the tele into Qinzi, the horse creatures(unsure of names) are able to shoot through the walls, is this bug?

It's not just in HoD. All ranged players and mobs can shoot through walls anywhere.
  • allansaltwater
    allansaltwater Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Not sure if these two "bugs" have been reported or not (seems improbable that they have not though)

1) Adding items to your inventory by picking them up, making them or being given them by an NPC requires that you have a free inventory slot (even if the slot is NOT used in the process. For example if you have only 1 free slot then you can only make 1 batch of potions at the apothecary ... the second one will fail due to the missing inventory slot, even though one is not used by the process.

2) The area to the west of the new area added for the tideborn needs expanding. to enable auto-pathing between any two points (ignoring in game items for the moment) requires that the exterior boundary be convex ... otherwise you can hit the boundary can come to a halt. An alternative would be to "grease" the boundry so that when you hit it you slide along it by effectively losing the motion through the boundary. G good example of this isgoing from city of the plume down to Barrier Island ... you get blocked south of tusk town at ANY altitude.
  • yungdon
    yungdon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i recently acquired tt80 gold bonelicker dagger and was wondering why does my toon appear to only have 1 dagger is it a glitch or is it the way those daggers are made
  • Caleon - Dreamweaver
    Caleon - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Chat room list: when I click the refresh button, the first room in the list disappears. Repeat until only one room is left, after that all rooms reappear
  • YordaUjain - Dreamweaver
    YordaUjain - Dreamweaver Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I have my own thread which I upload regularly if I find any new bugs. Here is the list I have so far.

Press Control + F then copy and paste one of the words below to find the info on that glitch.

-Rubber Band
    -Character hair glitch
    -Lag hit
    -BH 39 glitch
    -Out placed wings
    -Cleric buff issue
    -Sin stealth AOE issue
    -FB59 gatekeepers
    -Fitting room issue
    -GPS issue
    -Chat issue
    -Getting stuck in City of raging tides
    -Blinking on death
    -Squad HP glitch
    -Squad buff issue
    -D/C player names issue
    -Players disappear
    -Attacking NPCs/Pillar
    -BH59, Drake gets stuck
    -Flying in water
    -NPCs fighting mobs
    -The "pond sign issue"
    -Cleric seals
    -Standing in air
    -BH intro window message
    -Loss of sound

Bug Name:Rubber Band
    Description:Common glitch, player staggers back. Common on hills.
    Link/Other info:No link/info given.
    Fixed:No.

Bug Name:Character hair glitch
    Description:Some long hair models on males/females are glitched, the hair will sink into their neck upon running and can be seen sinking into their shoulders if you zoom in.
    Link/Other info:Screen shot

Bug Name:Lag hit
    Description:Mobs will get a free hit at you before they die, or if you choose to run. The mob will hit you even though you are a good distance away from it.
    Link/Other info:No info/Link given.

Bug Name:BH 39 glitch
    Description:there is a wall where players are able to walk through, this will take the player off the map enabling them to walk around off the map freely.
    Link/Other info:Screen shot.

Bug Name:Out placed wings
    Description:Wings are mis-aligned on most characters, if you zoom in closely you will see on some models they do not fit the character.

Bug Name:Cleric buff issue
    Description:The M-Def buff will not override itself making it unclear when the buff will run out or not.
    Link/Other info:No info/link given.

Bug Name:Sin stealth AOE issue
    Description:Some AOE bosses will not hit some sins while in stealth.

Bug Name:FB59 gatekeepers
    Description:The gatekeepers do not move from their spot meaning any ranged player can pick them off and the keeper will do nothing.

Bug Name:Fitting room issue
    Description:Some cloths in the fitting room appear too thin, as a result your character either appears naked or there is a conflict with the texture and the fashion creating a flashing effect between skin and fashion.

Bug Name:GPS issue
    Description:Squad members will appear on your radar when they are in fact either in a cave or a good distance away (like half way across the map)

Bug Name:Chat issue
    Description:Upon chatting, the text will not always appear. This is fixed by switching windows, but is annoying still.

Bug Name:Getting stuck in City of raging tides
    Description:There have been reported areas here, where players have got stuck and been unable to get out. I will try and find specific locations if I can.
    Link/Other info:Screen shot, screen shot, screen shot

Bug Name:Blinking on death
    Description:You blink on death, although it is possible it is rare. I don't like it personally. it makes PWI look sloppy.

Bug Name:Squad HP glitch
    Description:On the squad menu, it will show a squad member to have half/full/ hp when infact they are dead.
    Link/Other info:Screen Shot.

Bug Name:Squad buff issue
    Description:Same as above but with buffs.

Bug Name:D/C player names issue
    Description:Upon D/Cing (from bh caves mostly) and been reinvited. Player named will be messed up and be shown as something like P-556456, P-4545588.

Bug Name:Players disappear
    Description:Players will often vanish off your screen, same effect as having performance on, a short term fix is to either re log or to leave area.

Bug Name:Attacking NPCs/Pillar
    Description:Players are able to attack NPCs and Pillars, though it is not a direct impact on game play it does make PWI look sloppy.

Bug Name:BH59, Drake gets stuck
    Description:Drake will run at you, then suddenly sink into the ground. Sometimes you can't get him out, making him un target able.
    Link/Other info:Screen shot

Bug Name:Flying in water
    Description:Hovering over water, if you take out your wings before you hit the water you are above to fly in the water.

Bug Name:NPCs fighting mobs
    Description:The NPCs which fight mobs (some near chin) are glitched, they run in circles or run on a spot and sometimes don't even attack back.

Bug Name:The "pond sign issue"
    Description:For some reason I am unable to type the symbol on the forums. The British currency symbol shows up as a square in game.

Bug Name:Cleric seals
    Description:The cleric seals which prevent mobs from moving will sometimes ware off upon casting it, even though it should last for X seconds.

Bug Name:Standing on air.
    Description:Upon attacking a mob, you appear to be standing in the air, as if you were standing on the ground.

Bug Name:BH Intro window message
    Description:The window will flash at you more then once, upon clickong ok. It flashes me around 3 times before it finally goes away, this applys to some quests too.

Bug Name:Loss of sound.
    Description:Common in BH caves, sound will be muted for a short while. A short term fix is to relog. But the problem is known to arise shortly after reloging.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PLAYING PWI FOR FRIENDS (CHAT) ONLY, NO ZEN CHARGING, NO GAINING GEAR. MOVING TO GUILD WARS 2 UPON LAUNCH WITH FACTION.

Got Dot? Why Not? It PAYS! website.ws/tomujain
  • Caeria - Heavens Tear
    Caeria - Heavens Tear Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Rebirth DC bug.
    It is starting to occur more often when entering the RB instance. 1-2 people disconnecting upon entering instance and unable to log back in for about 5 minutes. Has happened to me over 6 times in a row even after resquadding.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy by Santacruz

.:theempire.ucoz.com:.
  • Desmerelda - Lost City
    Desmerelda - Lost City Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Venomancer Demon Skill

I did check the whole thread and didnt see this mentioned but I may have missed it so if it is a duplicate please forgive me.

I just bought the purge skill from the auction house after having read the descriptions in pwidatabase and etacomb site and the description on the skill book. The skill description on the book and on both sites reads

"Demon version reduces cool down by 25 seconds".

The level 10 purge has a cool down of 30 seconds and the demon version when learned has a cool down of 25 seconds. Either the Book description should be changed to read

"Demon Version reduces cool down by 5 seconds"

or the skill should be fixed so the cool down is actually 5 seconds.
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Auto-reply loop

When both players, the whispered and the whisperer, have the auto reply option enabled, it will keep auto replying each other to infinty and beyond till someone deactivates the auto-reply.

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/7094/20100506225909.jpg
    http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/5968/20100506225914.jpg

Buff makes game go boom (crash)

When you try to buff someone who uses teleport, if he dissapears right when the buff is casted, the game chashes and sends you to the desktop.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frostslayer
    frostslayer Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The level 14 Steelwing greaves that you recieve from a quest as a tideborn character during beginning of game have an odd habit of disappearing. Whenever I jump, they disappear; when the camera is at the right angle they disappear. Just putting in my two cents and letting you guys know.
  • Jenovadeath - Lost City
    Jenovadeath - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    b:surrender ok well im not entirely sure of the problem and if its even a problem of if im just mistaken but there seems to be a problem with a few sage skills ive learned on my char ill add in screenshots of what im talking about if i can k nvmd on the screenies ill send them in a ticket if needed i dont know how to set up url just to add a screenshot to a post >not a forum junkyb:surrender

k the problem is im only getting 75% of weapon damage from axes when i should be getting 100% from them on sage axe and hammer mastery as well as the skill saying requisite cultivation aware of discord on the skill in skill page

k now for shape shifting intensify the skill says im to gain 120% of gear values in tiger form but in blue (the number that changes periodically when u lvl a skill) it says i only gain 80% of gear vaules in tiger form
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/531/20100510102315.png

srry first time trying to figure out how to post screenies on forums and trouble shooting my way through :P

srry like i said noob to forums and its full uses anyways i cropped and edited to show exactly what the skill is showing
    http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/9966/77676671.jpg
    http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/9669/41232295.jpg
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    There's a quest from the Mysterious Old Man in Raging Tide called Errand: Key to the Palace.

It is a quest to purchase a Nirvana key for 3m coin. Once you accept the first half of the quest, you cannot trash it.

I accidentally took it while not paying attention when trying to get my Nirvana keys. Now it is taking up a quest slot, and I will not pay for an extra Nirvana key and it will not let me trash it.

Please fix this.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • brinc23
    brinc23 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    WTF??? this is now the 2nd time i got killed in cube of fate becouse of bug. first time room 47 second time in room30. in bouth of them is 100 second stand. the timer goes to 00:00:00 and i dont get ported out. so im running in room for almost a minute on 00:00. im lvl 83 archer, so thats a lot of money spent on dice tickets do all cards, charms and i got nothing!!! what to do? i wrote a ticket to GM's but didnt get any answer.
  • Missnikkiray - Heavens Tear
    Missnikkiray - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    skill glitch. i bought my skills but didnt get them. they are not there at all. i hit the "R" button and no skills. Soulburn and Sandburst Blast. I would like help to fix this and not waist money on something i dont get. I am posative i bought them.
  • MrLovable - Heavens Tear
    MrLovable - Heavens Tear Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    issues with my tideborn quest getting the puple things around the city...io did the quest got all of them and went to do my bh...when i got back it said in my log i have 0/6 done and i can not click them for it says unavailable and when i go to hand in it says it's done but will not let me hand in....lets hope i can get some actual support for this problem unlike the rest of the ones i have had
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    and a thank you to Forsakenx for the sigb:thanks
  • Caeria - Heavens Tear
    Caeria - Heavens Tear Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Every once in a while when I enter TT, I end up at the "bottom" of the instance. I had to teleport to get out of there and go back in again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy by Santacruz

.:theempire.ucoz.com:.
  • ZadeSezuo - Dreamweaver
    ZadeSezuo - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    "Show/Hide players outside range limit" is not working.

I tried relog and it still doesn't work.
  • DemonGirl - Dreamweaver
    DemonGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Adding to mil's post...

Pls, pleeaseeee... everytime you send out a new patch, I lose all my macros and have to make them again, and I'm not the only one.

Fix it, pretty pls?
  • infrared02
    infrared02 Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    nirvana 6th boss (Ashura Netherqueen) bugged, it doesnt spawn the old man which gives invincible buff to avoid its 1 hit party wipe attack.
  • Scylla - Raging Tide
    Scylla - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I can't teleport anymore to the City of Raging Tides since the map has been shifted and Tideborn city point is now outside the displayed map part.

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/443/20100528142326.png
  • Westie - Heavens Tear
    Westie - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    We noticed a bit of a problem entering RB yesterday, some said it has been going on for a while and that they had this problem over 20 times. Sorry I didn't troll the forum to see if it had been posted already.

Basically some people are being dc'd from the game upon entrance into RB, when they try to re-enter and force log even then they can't get in. They have to wait a while before they can log in again. Eventually it worked and we all got in but it was a bit of a hassle for those involved.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • streetspd
    streetspd Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    well ever since this Nein Beast event started and the "Patch" for it I have not had a good time in game... every time the event happens I cant enjoy the game at all because I lag or lag out all the way......

after the last patch (340) I have found an increased amount of lag and not only one to see this...

not sure what the developers are doing but what every they did is causing too much resource to be used and lagging everyone....

PLEASE FIX THIS
  • Deep_Waters - Raging Tide
    Deep_Waters - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Okay, this isn't a problem for me now because I was able to town teleport but thought it should be brought someone's attention...

I was swimming outside of Ethereblade (477 892) and got stuck. I was trying to leave the water on the side of a hill. I couldn't jump, walk or swim in any direction. No one could carry me out and I couldn't attack any turtles either (I tried that while my town teleport was in cool down. *laughs*)

Below are some screenies. Hope they are helpful.

photo.php?pid=3187696&id=1443122089
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3187696&id=1443122089

photo.php?pid=3187697&id=1443122089
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3187697&id=1443122089

photo.php?pid=3187698&id=1443122089
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3187698&id=1443122089

Have a good day!
This discussion has been closed.