Proof that some tideborn skills are a tad overpowered after all (I tried assassin)

Comments

• Islamey - Dreamweaver
    Islamey - Dreamweaver Posts: 586 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    you forgot about the one that immobilizes for 8 seconds. that is PURE AWESOMENESS :D
    Hamster in OP stun-lock. Can't move b:sad
    funny-pictures-hamster-football-1Zw.jpg
    The chillum is sometimes referred to as a chalice, based on a quote from the Biblical book of Deuteronomy. Thanks and praises are offered to Jah before smoking the chillum.
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I've read a few of his posts, yeah. How come you haven't gone Light Armor yet? b:chuckle

Also, now that I actually went back and read his first post in this thread...

OMG KITING! It's so OP! Nerf now!

More so than hating assassins and their stealth I hate people who whine about kiting... as if a caster or archer is to stand there and take a beating from a barb or blademaster.

So I'm just going to say this now... there are more issues with the players than the game itself... can I not get a good duel or some PK in without the person you're fighting constantly whispering garbage because he cannot touch you?
  • Cocoken - Lost City
    Cocoken - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The most important part is sin also get stealth, making those skills more OP
  • Cocoken - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    pshhhh tis a well known fact that the TB PK us as sacrifices to kuthulu

when they awaken em and he comes to west arch in the great catshop purgeing rewarding the spoils to the faithfull then we will see OP

*goes to convert to the fish side*
    More so than hating assassins and their stealth I hate people who whine about kiting... as if a caster or archer is to stand there and take a beating from a barb or blademaster.

So I'm just going to say this now... there are more issues with the players than the game itself... can I not get a good duel or some PK in without the person you're fighting constantly whispering garbage because he cannot touch you?

What do you expect Cleric to do to fight against sins?
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    clerics actually put up a good fight against sins, no kiting involved, just healing
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Cocoken - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    They can spark in stealth and finish a cleric in a few hit
    edited May 2010
    well i didnt know that. thx for the tip :))
    -retired-

• Cocoken - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    thats why they are OP
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    thats why they are OP

Seriously... stealth with spark... ugh... I remembered a sin tried to pull a boss with that technique but failed. The mobs still attacked him. I have yet to see use of sin's stealth b:sweat

But it doesn't make sense to spark while stealth because spark = shine. But seriously, clerics can plume shell, BMs alter physical marrow, barbs have invoke, wizards have force of will, archers have winged pledge to counter that stupid stealth. Venoes could just go in fox form and soul transfusion.

Its not hard to beat an assassin in PVP. I didn't find any use for their stealth yet

Just those 5 skills I mentioned is overpowered for assassin, everything else fine and... I didn't use stealth on assassin because its useless. If I stealth, the mobs might still attack me anyways like that sin did before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2010
    What do you expect Cleric to do to fight against sins?

yeah I've seen however the developers have proven that it takes them ages to get to fixing things... so that is something I would imagine they won't fix for awhile... I mean when was the last time bramble hood deflected in PK and how long did it take before they actually changed it?

If we figure that out we can have a estimate of how long it will take before anything is done.

Also the whole stealth thing... why should one have to buy a potion to deal with one class... I demand potions that deal with other classes too! Anti-class missile please.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I have yet to see use of sin's stealth
    But it doesn't make sense to spark while stealth
    clerics can plume shell to counter that stupid stealth

Its not hard to beat an assassin in PVP

l2p, QQmoar, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Also the whole stealth thing... why should one have to buy a potion to deal with one class... I demand potions that deal with other classes too! Anti-class missile please.

there are potions to prevent being stunned or slept

there are potions that significantly decrease damage taken

there are potions that allow instant channel

there are potions that let you take no damage even.

i guess those are the ones you use against most classes.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    ...spark don't break stealth geez, and first skill out of stealth is usually stun skills
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2010
    Not hard to beat something that can sleep,stun and seal and disappear at will? Sure it's not. Maybe they have them over powered intentionally to get people to refine. If you think of it like a business tactic it makes sense for them to not fix it. Their intentions are for people to buy Dragon Orbs because you have to deal with these over powered fish. Solution : Abandon your fish character today!

I see your point about the potions but on that same note there are genie skills for all of those with the exception of what the detection pot does.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2010
    l2p, QQmoar, etc.

lol I said I seen an assassin tried to lure then stealth, he still got targeted and died. I would never try using stealth for an escape b:bye

Sins are not that hard to play for some reason, I use less HP stuff on sin than archer... <_<.

Its useless
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Not hard to beat something that can sleep,stun and seal and disappear at will? Sure it's not. Maybe they have them over powered intentionally to get people to refine. If you think of it like a business tactic it makes sense for them to not fix it. Their intentions are for people to buy Dragon Orbs because you have to deal with these over powered fish. Solution : Abandon your fish character today!

I see your point about the potions but on that same note there are genie skills for all of those with the exception of what the detection pot does.

that's a ridiculous assertion. to have overpowered classes makes people not want to spend money in the game, esp not refine classes that they think are inferior already. it makes sense for them not to nerf assassins, as that would disappoint all the players who have rolled assassins (and spent money on it) already, but it would make more sense if they re-balance the other classes, get rid of the crappy useless skills. there is a ton of things that can improve for each class without making them overpowered

my guess is they balanced assassins with genies in mind and kind of overcompensated the light armor. there are pretty broken genie skills, and there is really no way to counter an assassin without the use of genies.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited May 2010
    stealth is awesome :D
    it saved me from when i was being attacked by some mobs just slip into stealth and wholla, theyre off me!
    -retired-

• Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2010
    stealth is awesome :D
    it saved me from when i was being attacked by some mobs just slip into stealth and wholla, theyre off me!

Maybe I could try that... I just didn't want to use it because the sin still got attacked even when he use stealth after. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• _Leif - Lost City
    _Leif - Lost City Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    If you take the time to play the class you find that its actually very easy to beat us if you plan ahead and aren't a complete idiot
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    ...spark don't break stealth geez, and first skill out of stealth is usually stun skills
    Not for Yulk I bet he'd start with a Twin Strike and then normal attacks with CotD on :P
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • Gorgonnia - Heavens Tear
    Gorgonnia - Heavens Tear Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I usually one shoot sins... but they have that damn skill that won't let them die b:cry

nerf them plz! Or give my veno hood back! I loved it when I could run into the middle of a melee group and watch them suicide! b:chuckle

and nerf psy's too plz... Im tired of dying in BH's cuz of stealing aggro from barbs 10+ lvls higher... or increase our channeling... :( why are these 2 classes so OP? I hate them (not really :P, just wanted to troll a bit :D)

And plz, give genies a detection skill... I dont wanna pay for being able to see a sin who I dont know if he really is there actually... and plz, reduce their sleep/stun, whatever that skill is... last time I got stun'd by a sin I went pee, came back and I was still unable to move... b:shocked
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I usually one shoot sins... but they have that damn skill that won't let them die b:cry

nerf them plz! Or give my veno hood back! I loved it when I could run into the middle of a melee group and watch them suicide! b:chuckle

and nerf psy's too plz... Im tired of dying in BH's cuz of stealing aggro from barbs 10+ lvls higher... or increase our channeling... :( why are these 2 classes so OP? I hate them (not really :P, just wanted to troll a bit :D)

And plz, give genies a detection skill... I dont wanna pay for being able to see a sin who I dont know if he really is there actually... and plz, reduce their sleep/stun, whatever that skill is... last time I got stun'd by a sin I went pee, came back and I was still unable to move... b:shocked

b:laugh
    /10char
  • f0xxya
    f0xxya Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    yeah assassin is overpoweres b:chuckle

Effectively my sin lv +60 die every time with 2 mob magic (and have problem with 1 magic mob for the low defence) that is overpoweres and if i make pvp with 1 BM that have reflet (reflect the sin critical damage to 1 pg without phy def and mag def) everytime the BM win b:pleased

And true, sin is overpowered:
    1 mob = 1 potion MP + 1 potion HP just to lv 34...
    after lv 34 - 1 mob = 1 potion MP and 2 mob = 1 potion HP

umm i need to try to die with a veno heavy.
    Hight phy def + reflet 90% damag, + skill that reflet 200% damage and bloodsucking vs overpowered sin.

Sin damage * 2 for critical * 2 for Fury * 200% of reflet skill = likeable damage to hight phy def of sin b:laugh

like ironic

b:surrender Sin is overpowered, please really decrease they to eternal death status. Now is only acceptable daily death with mobs and ennemi with reflet skill
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Why do people QQ over sins all you need is reflect. Anti stun pot/genie skill or the invurable pot, sheild pot (abosorbs dmg), look at the apo for pete sake and bam there you go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    hamster-with-hat.jpg

Nothing to see here, move along....

b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    gaiz, Is it tiem?
    hamster.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    hamster2.jpg

Confused hamster who thinks he's a Meerkat.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gorgonnia - Heavens Tear
    Gorgonnia - Heavens Tear Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Why do people QQ over sins all you need is reflect. Anti stun pot/genie skill or the invurable pot, sheild pot (abosorbs dmg), look at the apo for pete sake and bam there you go.

ur naming it... if u need so many apoth to beat a single class, then that class is overpowered
    b:bye
This discussion has been closed.