Does PWI hate European's?

Options

Comments

• Ewen - Harshlands
    Ewen - Harshlands Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Quoted to get this through your thick skulls.

One more time. Here's hoping big letters will help.

THIS IS A US GAME AND SERVER TIMES ARE US
    ONCE A WEEK EVENTS WILL NOT BE REPEATED
    IF YOU WANT EURO SERVERS GO PLAY PW-MS

Thats lovely.

Maybe you could also
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig made by me. Seems that the forums change the quality of the picture a bit. b:sad
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Perhaps you could also finish your post?
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • ChocoMonster - Dreamweaver
    ChocoMonster - Dreamweaver Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

It's an internet meme, like "What is this, I don't even..."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

Maybe she wants you to play the MS servers, hah.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    It's an internet meme, like "What is this, I don't even..."

You mean candlejack oh cr
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Something that BoI got right was that pop up window which showed server time and event schedule.

That would help anyone playing no matter where they are based to plan their PWI time accordingly.

Regards.

PS : Congratulations on your imminent graduation Aadi b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Maybe she wants you to play the MS servers, hah.

Well, I could do that, and then complain on the forums that the servers don't fit my scheduleb:chuckle
    You mean candlejack oh cr

Don't say candlejack! He will kidnap y
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Something that BoI got right was that pop up window which showed server time and event schedule.

That would help anyone playing no matter where they are based to plan their PWI time accordingly.

Regards.

PS : Congratulations on your imminent graduation Aadi b:victory

Thanks b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

Regards.

This +9000

I had a lot of problems with BoI in several aspects but this was one thing I could appreciate. No scrolling down to the bottom of forums to see some GMT -8 with no DST considered **** or suchlike.

(And I don't know about you guys but if it's three in the morning and I am really tired, I'm prone to getting even the most basic of things wrong. ._. Mental maths isn't something I want to do when I'm in that kind of state. )

Also, to be totally on topic.

Of course. A game where the company is in the US (excluding the mother company in China, as it were) designed and aimed at US players for US players totally hates on the Europeans by letting us play their US game aimed at mainly US players because they live in the US.

Totally.

I can see the logic.

/sarcasm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i do wonder what alot of others think.

Doesn't actually bother me, as I don't PvP and "events" aren't generally "meant" for me anyway. Same for the Nien thingy; I have a bunch of "no"s for that one, fixed times being just one of them. Didn't even translate the times for me.

Besides, it's "PW international". What did you expect from a game that's hosted in the US? "International" for them means they don't have an IP block, that's it. Their world is between east coast and west coast, and between Canada and Florida. Anything else is just weird, evil, foreign terrorists.

EDIT: there would even be a rather simple "fix" for the problem. No matter when they put the stuff, it's always bad for someone.

So, lets take what we already have, and put it together in a new combination. Instead of one event time, decide on a few each day --- and make it a "daily". That way, people could choose a time that's convenient for them, but won't be able to run the thing multiple times a day.
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    You know, those Europeans are almost as bad as those Canadians.

b:angry

And to the poster above me, yes, I am mocking your ignorance and apparent stupidity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SloppyJoe - Heavens Tear
    SloppyJoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    we dont play the european version because its a total fail.

lolwhat? Who hates who? Sounds like Europeans hating Europeans as well.

Seriously though, ever considered licensing restrictions?
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    lolwhat? Who hates who? Sounds like Europeans hating Europeans as well.

Seriously though, ever considered licensing restrictions?

This right here is the reasoning. Prior to PWI existing, a European company had paid to have a license to run a PW version (PW-MS) in Europe. As such PWI is restricted from having any European servers while that companies license remain.

However, i had heard (warning: rumor mill) that the license for PW-MS (European licensed version) was going to be running out soon. I dont have any date information, but it would not surprise me if the renewal is refused (or not even sought) and the very next week PWI opens a European based server, or i may have heard (again: rumor mill) another subsidiary of PW-Beijing (not licensee) of PW opening up in Europe.

But for now, the servers are restricted to the U.S.. PWI's mission statement reads "to provide North American gamers an unparalleled gaming experience". Thats how it is and shall be until something changes with the license restrictions over in Europe.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Just a quick fyi, its a somewhat rant thread, if its to long for you to bother reading or dont like rants, then just dont bother with useless comments cos it serves no purpose.

It just gets me wondering at points, just about every single event on this game is praticly designed to say *europeans cant participate", by that i mean, this nien beast event, im currently in england and the times are 1am and 5am...the 1am is just bearable but 5am? some sort of stupid joke if u ask me, if they gave a remote **** about us, it could be 1pm and 5pm server time which wud be just do able for us...

same goes with dragon palace, i dont stay up for that ever since there just no point, ive even forgotten the time it starts cos its like a *non event* to me cos of the time, think its 3am my time or something, eitherway it aint worth staying up for.

also just to quickly say that tw time of 4am is just *wow* for alot of us, totaly daft.

only reason i bothered with this thread is cos i no a hell of alot of europeans play this game, we dont play the european version because its a total fail, i no its *international* catering to the US, but u wud think with all the business they also get from accross seas they would do something to assist better gameplay, i no these features will never be changed, i talk to friends/guildies about it sometimes, it bothers some ppl and it doesnt bother some, i do wonder what alot of others think.

Ignorance is alive and running, I know how you feel. Knowing that it happens a lot, even on mmorpgs, its a real life problem from the hatred of someone's skin colour, culture, interests, etc. Trust me, its not just one game. Not even just a game either, I support you, I think the devs need a little talk.

I remembered chinese players got banned really fast on a US version of a certain game I played before, and I heard an Asian getting mocked at from another game too. But IRL its even worse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Ignorance is alive and running, I know how you feel. Knowing that it happens a lot, even on mmorpgs, its a real life problem from the hatred of someone's skin colour, culture, interests, etc. Trust me, its not just one game. Not even just a game either, I support you, I think the devs need a little talk.

I remembered chinese players got banned really fast on a US version of a certain game I played before, and I heard an Asian getting mocked at from another game too. But IRL its even worse.

Yes ignorance is alive & running, and you're full of it if you think this is some sort of regional-ism instead of lawful licensing restrictions (read my post above).

You cant expect a U.S. game to be convenient for other parts of the world,.
  • Hakiii - Heavens Tear
    Hakiii - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Just like when I played PW Eng/my, their events and player base was on when others, and I were asleep. They were not going to make a speeshul server just for us. We just had to suck it up if we wanted to play.

And actually, their times may be more convenient for European players than this version.
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Does PWI hate European's?

No, they hate non-cashshoppers.
  • Pattoe - Raging Tide
    Pattoe - Raging Tide Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I'm English an I'm an insomniac, I'm on a east coast server (Nein beast events at 9pm and 2am for me) And its perfect. But even if I did sleep, 9pm and 2am is perfect for me, actually.. I think England has a better deal than Eastern America because a lot of Americans are working at 4pm.
    We have both our times in typical gaming times (Evening and early morning).

English Man = Happy
  • Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    When I started this game, I didn't know anything about east coast and west coast servers and what their difference was, I just joined one randomly. I'm not sure if it would have been better if I'd joined some other server. Now I'm being told by people that if I want to join in an event I have to change servers. It would have been so much better if those events were like 5 times a day, and you could only participate once a day so you could choose the best time for yourself. Right now I'd have to stay up til 2 a.m or wake at 6 a.m to participate.

Not. Gonna. Happen.

Some people have school and work to do, also friends in real life and they can't just plan their life after a game. I'll just have to live with the idea of not being able to join in the event but it's not that hard as I'm quitting soon anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Just a quick fyi, its a somewhat rant thread, if its to long for you to bother reading or dont like rants, then just dont bother with useless comments cos it serves no purpose.

It just gets me wondering at points, just about every single event on this game is praticly designed to say *europeans cant participate", by that i mean, this nien beast event, im currently in england and the times are 1am and 5am...the 1am is just bearable but 5am? some sort of stupid joke if u ask me, if they gave a remote **** about us, it could be 1pm and 5pm server time which wud be just do able for us...

same goes with dragon palace, i dont stay up for that ever since there just no point, ive even forgotten the time it starts cos its like a *non event* to me cos of the time, think its 3am my time or something, eitherway it aint worth staying up for.

also just to quickly say that tw time of 4am is just *wow* for alot of us, totaly daft.

only reason i bothered with this thread is cos i no a hell of alot of europeans play this game, we dont play the european version because its a total fail, i no its *international* catering to the US, but u wud think with all the business they also get from accross seas they would do something to assist better gameplay, i no these features will never be changed, i talk to friends/guildies about it sometimes, it bothers some ppl and it doesnt bother some, i do wonder what alot of others think.

I'm European too, and get real.

Let's say they did the event at 4pm and 8pm your time. Suddenly it'd be 11am and 3pm in the US (east coast, west would be like 9am and 1pm), and every single schoolkid would be complaining. I'm also sure we'd have some Hawaiian or god knows who complaining and making threads much like yours. Then they'd listen and say "oh sorry," set the events based on Hawaiian time and suddenly the Russians are complaining....

You CAN'T please everybody. The only way to please everybody is to do the event 24/7, and I'm sure that would have some drawbacks of it's own.

Also, are you living in a time warp?? I live in Germany, and the events take place at 10pm and 3am. How the heck are you getting 1am and 5am? West coast server?
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Candie - Raging Tide
    Candie - Raging Tide Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I don't know about european version , but russian is terribad . I'm just glad and thankfull that PWI is availavble for me in Russia , because PWI is better than our version by all means .
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    Egaenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    b:angry y ppl from EU luv to QQ so much.. ppl from Aus/NZ got the super bad deal, lets see.. 1st Nein attack is at 9am for us, 2nd is at 2pm for us. Unless it's weekend we can't make any of those for ppl that actually work or study. and as for weekend, well for me i have a life outside pwi, i dont wake up b4 9 and i like to go out so cant make 2nd attack. Do u see us start a topic and start QQing..

Just glad u guys can at least make the event by staying up a bit late, if u dont like it, tough luckb:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"wink wink"
  • FrostFlower - Heavens Tear
    FrostFlower - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    PWI is based for the North American playerbase, even though people who do not have their own version of PW, can play on their servers. I don't think the staff of PW would hate you because of the time zones. That would just be a dumb reason to set the timed events like that. There's still a lot other things to do on PW that aren't time limited. (Like TT, FF, BH, and guilds to fit European players as well.)

However, it would be nice if there was event that was scheduled multiple times. Some in the day, some at night. Would be nice for TW as well. Most TW times take place 8PM Pacific time(11pm Eastern), and hardly goes to the next time zones, which is in the morning or afternoon for the US time zones.
    Frostflower-Quit
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Definitely alot of whiners from EU here. I moved to middle east and have it even worse; not only is the time messed up, but the weekends here are thur/fri instead of sat/sun. So the whole TW thing is completely screwed time-wise for me. But instead of whining, "I don't want to stay up late to TW", I simply sleep when I get home from work and wake up for the two times I can TW; 9AM and 2PM server time. These guys likely don't even have work to wake up for and can't be bothered to stay up for an event? Kind of a hard sell that you really care about the event if you can't stay up til midnight to play it on your own freakin weekend.

And what about people working swingshift in the states? Is PWI nothing but daytime workers who hate everyone who works a different shift? That is totally unfair, and time-ist!
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • _Achaya_ - Harshlands
    _Achaya_ - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Everyone from Europe hould know USA timezone.. When I was joining this server I knew, that Ill have some problems with that and thats ok, my own choice.. Awesome idea is to make double beast spawn - first is at 10 pm my time, its really nice time :) From the other side I know, what people mean with telling that european version of PW is ****.. Ive moved (with many friends together) here just from there.. :)
  • Promivius - Dreamweaver
    Promivius - Dreamweaver Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    PWI stands for Perfect World International last I checked.

Now as I see it them cowboys think that the "US" equals "International" ... go figure.
    I am seeing one large balloon head here.

Anyway, any good international business runs 24/7 regardless of which location it is mainenanced from.
    Good management would make sure of that.

So you "international" players (yes, I am looking at you US-players with the homeland additude) try a dictionairy first.

I vote for a renaming of this game. From PWI (as it is not) to PWU.

My 2 Euro cents (tho I wise they were real cents again like when we had guldens).
    I speak for myself. My opinions are my own.
    Assuming I speak for others is therefor void.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    PWI stands for Perfect World International last I checked.

Now as I see it them cowboys think that the "US" equals "International" ... go figure.
    I am seeing one large balloon head here.

Anyway, any good international business runs 24/7 regardless of which location it is mainenanced from.
    Good management would make sure of that.

So you "international" players (yes, I am looking at you US-players with the homeland additude) try a dictionairy first.

I vote for a renaming of this game. From PWI (as it is not) to PWU.

My 2 Euro cents (tho I wise they were real cents again like when we had guldens).

Okay, I'll bite for this one so no one else has to explain the meaning of the word "International" again. Although it will most certainly come up in every other thread about Europe because people fail to understand.

(adj) international (concerning or belonging to all or at least two or more nations) "international affairs"; "an international agreement"; "international waters" (Taken from here)

Nation 1: China
    Nation 2: US

If you really want to be specific, "inter-" means between. Between nations. Specifically, the nations China and the United States.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PlumDumb - Heavens Tear
    PlumDumb - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ok man damn did we beat the british again or something..stop complainingb:laughb:angry Plus we have more people = more money but we dont own castles.
  • Q_________Q - Archosaur
    Q_________Q - Archosaur Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    amrica **** yea!b:victory

lol u stupit europ pplz ned 2 b thankful u can ply our gaem. ur a 3th wolrd country newayzb:laugh so u dun hav any money to donate us lol!b:pleased

even the chinese ned to giv us money cuz wer far bettar then u so gg and gtfo europe failzb:bye
  • Promivius - Dreamweaver
    Promivius - Dreamweaver Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Okay, I'll bite for this one so no one else has to explain the meaning of the word "International" again. Although it will most certainly come up in every other thread about Europe because people fail to understand.

(adj) international (concerning or belonging to all or at least two or more nations) "international affairs"; "an international agreement"; "international waters" (Taken from here)

Nation 1: China
    Nation 2: US

If you really want to be specific, "inter-" means between. Between nations. Specifically, the nations China and the United States.

You would be right if not for the fact that there are games that can be accessed between nations tho they are area bound.

Example:
    I could access the sister game of this 1 in China PW China if I had the right "nicked" personal key from anywhere in the world. I would be able to call it International tho it runs Chinese times for events...

Because it is called PW China I know it is running those times.

PWI tho is running US times depending on which coast it is hosted from.
    So PWI by that kind of thinking should not be bound by US times.

Now again if this game was called PWU I would agree with you.
    Of course Perfect World Entertainment is fine with me too (the original name)
    I speak for myself. My opinions are my own.
    Assuming I speak for others is therefor void.
This discussion has been closed.