Does PWI hate European's?

Comments

• Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    PWI stands for Perfect World International last I checked.

Now as I see it them cowboys think that the "US" equals "International" ... go figure.
    I am seeing one large balloon head here.

Anyway, any good international business runs 24/7 regardless of which location it is mainenanced from.
    Good management would make sure of that.

So you "international" players (yes, I am looking at you US-players with the homeland additude) try a dictionairy first.

I vote for a renaming of this game. From PWI (as it is not) to PWU.

My 2 Euro cents (tho I wise they were real cents again like when we had guldens).

Quoting this because you're ignorant and presumably an idiot. PWI is not a business that caters to Europe. It is between the North American company and the Chinese devs. Like Aadi said, international. There's Canada and the rest of the Americas too, if you feel like saying two countries isn't enough.

So you Europeans with a stereotyped attitude based on hypersensitivity and a sense of entitlement... Try a dictionary first.

Also, the company has stated specifically that they intend to provide service to NORTH AMERICA. Not Europe, not Aisa, there are already PW variants in those countries.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Promivius - Dreamweaver
    Promivius - Dreamweaver Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Quoting this because you're ignorant and presumably an idiot. PWI is not a business that caters to Europe. It is between the North American company and the Chinese devs. Like Aadi said, international. There's Canada and the rest of the Americas too, if you feel like saying two countries isn't enough.

So you Europeans with a stereotyped attitude based on hypersensitivity and a sense of entitlement... Try a dictionary first.

Also, the company has stated specifically that they intend to provide service to NORTH AMERICA. Not Europe, not Aisa, there are already PW variants in those countries.

Lol..

Call it PWU or PWE and I will loose the attitude.
    I speak for myself. My opinions are my own.
    Assuming I speak for others is therefor void.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Lol..

Call it PWU or PWE and I will loose the attitude.

You heard him, Nak, change it now b:angry Apparently you have that power.

Listen, you can have an attitude all you want, but that doesn't change the definition of "international". PW China is PW China because it's based in China, all of it is. The servers, the company, etc. For PW International, the servers and GMs are set in the USA, but the company is set in China. Therefore, it is a company that spans more than one nation, which makes it international. That is the difference between the two.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
    edited May 2010

Listen, you can have an attitude all you want, but that doesn't change the definition of "international". PW China is PW China because it's based in China, all of it is. The servers, the company, etc. For PW International, the servers and GMs are set in the USA, but the company is set in China. Therefore, it is a company that spans more than one nation, which makes it international. That is the difference between the two.

Then again you fail.
    PW Euro most likely does have the same constriction unless the servers GM's and developers and company are all in Europe (your definition).

Frankly I think the Euro version has the same kind of set-up as the PWU aka: servers and GM's based in some European country and the company in China too just like this game.

Still this make PW Euro PW Euro not International.
    I could even argue that PW Euro would be more qualified at the name "International" if the servers are indeed in more the 1 European country.

Again PWU or PWE are the better names.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Then again you fail.
    PW Euro most likely does have the same constriction unless the servers GM's and developers and company are all in Europe (your definition).

Frankly I think the Euro version has the same kind of set-up as the PWU aka: servers and GM's based in some European country and the company in China too just like this game.

I could even argue that PW Euro would be more qualified at the name "International" if the servers are indeed in more the 1 European country.

You're misinformed. PWI is directly connected to PW-CN, as in, part of the company. PW-MS is not. This is why PWI is the closest to PW-CN as well, in case you weren't aware. PWI gets patches and such before other versions, because it is the only "official" version. PW-MS isn't part of the PW-CN company, so it's not international. The parent company is located in Europe, as are the servers and employees.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Then again you fail.

Please stop posting.

You make the rest of us Europeans look bad.

As has been said to you multiple times: international is not the same as worldwide/global. It is international. In more than one country. China, USA. Two countries. It's international. PW-MS is in no way affiliated with PW-CN, certainly not officially. The servers, the company, the GMs, everything is located on one country and one country alone.

PWI however, gets official updates first, and has direct contact with the main aspects of the company in China (AKA devs). PW-MS would never be able to, for instance, demand the Chinese devs give them something special if the patch kills DQ prices for them.

Get the picture yet?

Again, stop posting and making us Europeans look bad. Go pick up a dictionary. Read it. You may find it helpful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    You would be right if not for the fact that there are games that can be accessed between nations tho they are area bound.

Example:
    I could access the sister game of this 1 in China PW China if I had the right "nicked" personal key from anywhere in the world. I would be able to call it International tho it runs Chinese times for events...

Because it is called PW China I know it is running those times.

Actually it is not called PW China. We on PWI call it PW China or PW-CN to clarify. It real name is "Perfect World" (period), it has no country in its name.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited May 2010

HRRRRRRGH

Well, I tried to change it through sheer force of will. It didn't work b:surrender

Very wrong. All PW-MS servers are in Europe and as stated before they are not affiliated with PW-CN.
    This made me facepalm really hard.

No. No they are not. If it were even named after the country/region it is based in/services, it would be PW-NA.
    Perfect World Entertainment is the name of the company, and PWU doesn't mean anything. Though I vote for Perfect World Uranus as an interim name.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Macenza - Archosaur
    Macenza - Archosaur Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    ok man damn did we beat the british again or something..stop complainingb:laughb:angry Plus we have more people = more money but we dont own castles.
    amrica **** yea!b:victory

lol u stupit europ pplz ned 2 b thankful u can ply our gaem. ur a 3th wolrd country newayzb:laugh so u dun hav any money to donate us lol!

even the chinese ned to giv us money cuz wer far bettar then u so gg and gtfo europe failz

its stupid comments like this, that make america look bad,
    to the 1st moron, during the war there was 3 countrys on britian along with the 13 colonies in america, were still alive and kicking down here so do ur homework before throwing ur *we* american ego everywhere.

then to the second idiot, england isnt exactly a 3rd world country at all, theres areas here that may aswell praticly be, but in general, every country has an area thats basicly a 3rd world country area.

fyi we dont need to be thankful for anything, any1 can play any server of PW, u shud consider doing some history in america...though i already no you dont have any lessons down there...shame, maby it wudnt make u look like a moron.

back on topic, this was never a QQ thread, more of a short rant like i said, some ppl need a dictionary to tell the difference betwen crying and ranting i think, the event server times though are shamefully hardcoded in the DB i think and will never change unless the devs aggred to actualy wanting to edit them for us, which ofcourse will never happen cos it doesnt involve money.
    edited May 2010
    Lol, if my posting alone makes all euro's look bad we sure have a problem.

Anyway. Did some searching and indeed found out that I was misinformed.

(Looked up the main company and then it's Nasdaq. Found no record of the "euro" version at quick glance)

That will be all.
  • Q_________Q - Archosaur
    Q_________Q - Archosaur Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    its stupid comments like this, that make america look bad,
    to the 1st moron, during the war there was 3 countrys on britian along with the 13 colonies in america, were still alive and kicking down here so do ur homework before throwing ur *we* american ego everywhere.

then to the second idiot, england isnt exactly a 3rd world country at all, theres areas here that may aswell praticly be, but in general, every country has an area thats basicly a 3rd world country area.

fyi we dont need to be thankful for anything, any1 can play any server of PW, u shud consider doing some history in america...though i already no you dont have any lessons down there...shame, maby it wudnt make u look like a moron.

back on topic, this was never a QQ thread, more of a short rant like i said, some ppl need a dictionary to tell the difference betwen crying and ranting i think, the event server times though are shamefully hardcoded in the DB i think and will never change unless the devs aggred to actualy wanting to edit them for us, which ofcourse will never happen cos it doesnt involve money.

lollllllllllllll, then gtfo n play nother server b:chuckle

u shud thank us 4 all teh grate stuf we guise gave u like coca cola, mcdonalds n perfect world so sht up n go cry in ur 3 world countryb:laughb:bye
    edited May 2010
    Oef...

Coca Colo is good for 1 thing:
    Taking rust of nuts and bolts when nothing else works (light versions work best I am told).

McDonalds.. Good if you want to become a mini-elephant when you overdo the meals.
    (There was this movie about McDonalds once.. "Oversize me/Super-size me" something something...) Try some modest home cooking.

Not sure what you define as a 3rd world country. Then I again I rather not ask lolz.
  • Tjikkie - Raging Tide
    Tjikkie - Raging Tide Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    With BoI having European a server and PWE buying holdings in Europe, it wouldnt surprise me that in the future PWI have a European server for this and other new games ( FW etc ).

Not for PWI. The game is dying. No need to make a new serv er. Probably they will merge 2 servers in the future, so they can add one to BOI or FW.
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    That's just silliness. PWI doesn't hate Europeans, it only dislikes you guys a bit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    Inias - Heavens Tear Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    i'm from belgium myselev so i got the crappy times myselve too

BUT

this is a american server and not european
    if u wanna QQ just quit here and move to european server b:victory
    thanks to forsaken for this awesome sig b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Getting there, like 2 days of school left or something, then graduation early June. Then Notre Dame next year.

Some GM should just take that statement and make it their signature, really.

grats Aadi
    ^_^
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    grats Aadi
    ^_^

Lol thanks. Filled out my housing form today b:cute Soooo excited~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    LOL, I love how the stupid people QQ over the 'International' part. They obviously don't know what international stands for.

Note: These definitions have come from the Random House Webster's Dictionary.

International: Of two or more nations.

Of two or more nations people. This game is based in China, with this version being for North America. There's your two nations right there.

Global: Of or involving the whole world.

Global, what many people think international means. As you can see, there is a huge difference. This game is not called Perfect World Global, which means it does not have to accommodate the entire world.

/thread.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    LOL, I love how the stupid people QQ over the 'International' part. They obviously don't know what international stands for.

Note: These definitions have come from the Random House Webster's Dictionary.

International: Of two or more nations.

Of two or more nations people. This game is based in China, with this version being for North America. There's your two nations right there.

Global: Of or involving the whole world.

Global, what many people think international means. As you can see, there is a huge difference. This game is not called Perfect World Global, which means it does not have to accommodate the entire world.

/thread.

Give it up b:surrender

Myself, Aadi, you, and many other have typed this exact thing about the true meaning of International not being Global. 2 pages later in whatever thread we try posting that in, noone reads it. I gave up posting it. So now here's all i have left to say;

Yes, Europe, PWI hates you. b:bye
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    Egaenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    u noobs out there b:angry wat do u think World Series is for baseball!! USA USA USA USA!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"wink wink"
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Give it up b:surrender

Myself, Aadi, you, and many other have typed this exact thing about the true meaning of International not being Global. 2 pages later in whatever thread we try posting that in, noone reads it. I gave up posting it. So now here's all i have left to say;

Yes, Europe, PWI hates you. b:bye

Ah, well if this was posted before in this thread, then I apologize for having to post it again. I wasn't about to read through 8 pages of garbage from these people who have absolutely no idea what the hell they're talking about, nor do they know the difference between two well-known words.

Maybe we can now stop QQ'ing about the 'International' part and move on to the 'Perfect' part. I'm sure most of us can agree that this game is far from 'Perfect'. b:victory
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    To be honest I don't think it really matters what most of us here think what is meant by the International part of Perfect World International, whether it involves just two nations (China and United States of America) or more further afield.

I think what is more telling is that although PWI is based in USA, it allows / invites players to play from Europe and elsewhere.

By doing so and allowing non USA / North American based people become stakeholders / customers of PWI, they should have a right to voice their concerns, especially if they are of the paying variety.

Whether these non USA / North American based people concerns should override the USA / North American base is quite a different matter and (obviously) is up to the judgement of PWI.

My 2 British pence....

Regards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • whantplay2
    whantplay2 Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    umm not, if PWI hate European they make IP block similar to chinese client b:shocked

But, not more play event 24 hours X 24 hour, more people play 2-3..10 hours and 8-10 hours sleep.
    For this if PWI make 1 event at X am hours and repeat it 12 hours next time (X+12 am = x pm hours), Americam people play the X am event and after they go sleep, and after European play the X+12 am event and after they go sleep when is X am hours.

If people play X am and X+12 am event need to change play mode b:surrender, becouse this is madness.

bye bye
    perfectworldcommy.blogspot.com
  • Mik_scorpius - Heavens Tear
    Mik_scorpius - Heavens Tear Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I'm really impressed....

A post that started as a complaint about server time and location has evolved into some sort of a war between people using childish expressions and accusations.

PWI = Perfect World International - International because it spans USA and China, and because it is open to people worldwide. It specifically says that it's main audience is the North American audience.

If you want to complain about a lack of events for people of EU timezones, send a ticket with the ideas to the GM's. That's what the system is there for.

As of all the childish comments about EU being a 3'rd world country and having to be grateful for things:
    EU would, if we joined together into a true union instead of the loose bond we have today, become a mightier nation than USA in terms of economy, military, technology, humanity, and virtually all other areas - some we are already leading in. Also - USA became an independent nation by the help of France - an EU country.
    So do stop the foolish ideas of USA somehow being "better" than any other country - this thread is not political. EU and USA are both great nations and are interconnected politically - both being dependent on the other.

And lastly - calling people idiots rarely help communicating.

Before anymore stupid comments are posted, could we lock this post? Any moderator or GM who would be so kind? I think the topic has been discussed enough.
    PWI will continue - in one way or the other. I'm just glad I found a balanced server now that I enjoy - naming is illegal, but PM's are welcome.

Only reason I log in still is also just to say hi to friends.

[SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3036252001&dateline=1291402639[/SIGPIC]
  • /
dat - Archosaur4
    / dat - Archosaur4 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    You decide to play a game that is based in the United States and then you wonder why they don't make events fit to a European convenience? Guess President Obama better remember to make his State of the Union address at about noon so everyone in Europe can see whats going on, even though the majority of American workforce will be, guess where? Oh, and Fox better change it's 6 PM EST news broadcast to 2 PM EST so Europeans might have a chance to view it before going to bed. And the Ohio State-Michigan University football game better be at 6 AM EST for the Europeans to...wait, **** you Europe, you aren't getting that one.b:angry
  • Fggj - Dreamweaver
    Fggj - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Its funny how some american people hate Europe, you forgot you all came from there long time ago?b:laugh Why dont you be nice to people? Or your american mother didnt teach you thatb:chuckleb:chuckle . Anyway this game full of stupid little kids b:bye
  • Moren/ - Dreamweaver
    Moren/ - Dreamweaver Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The funny part is not hate, the funny part is that americans take word International wrong way. Its Usa states for them +Canada maybe b:embarrass . What hate you talking about if most of em dont even know geography, history etc.... To all europeans - just ignore em!
    Dont bother , not worth itb:victoryb:victoryb:kiss
    edited May 2010
    I'm really impressed....

A post that started as a complaint about server time and location has evolved into some sort of a war between people using childish expressions and accusations.

PWI = Perfect World International - International because it spans USA and China, and because it is open to people worldwide. It specifically says that it's main audience is the North American audience.

If you want to complain about a lack of events for people of EU timezones, send a ticket with the ideas to the GM's. That's what the system is there for.

As of all the childish comments about EU being a 3'rd world country and having to be grateful for things:
    EU would, if we joined together into a true union instead of the loose bond we have today, become a mightier nation than USA in terms of economy, military, technology, humanity, and virtually all other areas - some we are already leading in. Also - USA became an independent nation by the help of France - an EU country.
    So do stop the foolish ideas of USA somehow being "better" than any other country - this thread is not political. EU and USA are both great nations and are interconnected politically - both being dependent on the other.

And lastly - calling people idiots rarely help communicating.

Before anymore stupid comments are posted, could we lock this post? Any moderator or GM who would be so kind? I think the topic has been discussed enough.

lol ur stupit, usa is far bettar then europe lol
    usa alwys neds 2 halp w/ eropes problems lol liek w/ germeny
    n ur prolly leadin in bein a crappy countryb:cute
    america becam indepant bcuz we fite 4 it u tart, we bet dem brits real goodb:laugh
    we shud hav jus nuked u so u wudnt hav bother usb:kiss
    edited May 2010
    Its funny how some american people hate Europe, you forgot you all came from there long time ago?b:laugh Why dont you be nice to people? Or your american mother didnt teach you thatb:chuckle . Anyway this game full of stupid little kids b:bye

im not 200+ years old lol wut r u talkin bout?b:chuckle
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    lol ur stupit, usa is far bettar then europe lol
    usa alwys neds 2 halp w/ eropes problems lol liek w/ germeny
    n ur prolly leadin in bein a crappy countryb:cute
    america becam indepant bcuz we fite 4 it u tart, we bet dem brits real goodb:laugh
    we shud hav jus nuked u so u wudnt hav bother usb:kiss

You make me ashamed of being an American.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
This discussion has been closed.