Does PWI hate European's?

Macenza - Archosaur
Macenza - Archosaur Posts: 102 Arc User
edited May 2010 in General Discussion
Just a quick fyi, its a somewhat rant thread, if its to long for you to bother reading or dont like rants, then just dont bother with useless comments cos it serves no purpose.

It just gets me wondering at points, just about every single event on this game is praticly designed to say *europeans cant participate", by that i mean, this nien beast event, im currently in england and the times are 1am and 5am...the 1am is just bearable but 5am? some sort of stupid joke if u ask me, if they gave a remote **** about us, it could be 1pm and 5pm server time which wud be just do able for us...

same goes with dragon palace, i dont stay up for that ever since there just no point, ive even forgotten the time it starts cos its like a *non event* to me cos of the time, think its 3am my time or something, eitherway it aint worth staying up for.

also just to quickly say that tw time of 4am is just *wow* for alot of us, totaly daft.

only reason i bothered with this thread is cos i no a hell of alot of europeans play this game, we dont play the european version because its a total fail, i no its *international* catering to the US, but u wud think with all the business they also get from accross seas they would do something to assist better gameplay, i no these features will never be changed, i talk to friends/guildies about it sometimes, it bothers some ppl and it doesnt bother some, i do wonder what alot of others think.
Post edited by Macenza - Archosaur on

Comments

• ELITE_ONE - Raging Tide
    ELITE_ONE - Raging Tide Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    ok easy way to sort this out join the sever im on TW is at 1am u chose to start on a new sever because u fort it be easy for u lol im from england too i make it to ever thing on this sever
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Guild QQme
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Have you considered joining a east coast server?

Times would be a little more bearable for you.

Nien Beast event times for example on Dreamweaver would be:

4pm EST = 9pm GMT
    9pm EST = 2am GMT

I can make the 4pm EST one and sometimes the 9pm EST one if i'm stil up.

Regards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    lol and ye its 9pm for u. not 1 am lol. im gmt+1 ( denmark.) 10 and 3am for me. i do both xD lol.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Yes. I wish I was joking.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The servers are hosted in the US and are set to the US time zone they're in.

I don't know how often I've seen moronic threads like this.
    It is a US based game and their main install base is in the US, obviously they must hate Europe.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    lol and ye its 9pm for u. not 1 am lol. im gmt+1 ( denmark.) 10 and 3am for me. i do both xD lol.

You do both because you've got PWI on the brain!

b:sin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ACLucius - Archosaur
    ACLucius - Archosaur Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    You decide to play a game that is based in the United States and then you wonder why they don't make events fit to a European convenience? Guess President Obama better remember to make his State of the Union address at about noon so everyone in Europe can see whats going on, even though the majority of American workforce will be, guess where? Oh, and Fox better change it's 6 PM EST news broadcast to 2 PM EST so Europeans might have a chance to view it before going to bed. And the Ohio State-Michigan University football game better be at 6 AM EST for the Europeans to...wait, **** you Europe, you aren't getting that one.b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Didn't get the rest of it, but apparently I am the "destroyer of sin haters" as well.
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    You must understand that it is impossible to set a time for events that will allow everyone to play fairly. As the servers are located in the US, it seems like the most intuitive next step would be to set the times based on the servers.

A nicely put suggestion to occasionally have events set so that Europeans could participate would go much further than a rant, especially since you can hardly say PWI hates Europeans. If I remember correctly, there was once an event set in the morning in the US, which the Europeans were highly happy about timing.

And as Chillum suggested, joining an east coast server is a nice compromise.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The game is designed for north american audiences.

The servers are located in the U.S

So..... guess what? The times are designed for the north american players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • ChocoMonster - Dreamweaver
    ChocoMonster - Dreamweaver Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The game is designed for north american audiences.

The servers are located in the U.S

So..... guess what? The times are designed for the north american players.

I shouldn't be talking about another MMORPG but Angels Online has their offices, servers, etc. in China, so their times are GMT+8, but events are geared toward Americans (except their Euro server.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SaintDominic - Sanctuary
    SaintDominic - Sanctuary Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I shouldn't be talking about another MMORPG but Angels Online has their offices, servers, etc. in China, so their times are GMT+8, but events are geared toward Americans (except their Euro server.)

USA...USA...USA...USA....USA....USA....USA...USA!!!!!!!! b:laughb:chuckle
  • ChaoticEnvy - Heavens Tear
    ChaoticEnvy - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    So many idiots who still think the location of a server governs its time. A little thing called technology allows the server time to be set independant of local time.

BUT

That being said the server time is set to this game's target audience, which in this case is North America. You know that fact before choosing to play the game so need to choose the server best suited to your needs.

With BoI having European a server and PWE buying holdings in Europe, it wouldnt surprise me that in the future PWI have a European server for this and other new games ( FW etc ).
  • Khyva - Heavens Tear
    Khyva - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    You must understand that it is impossible to set a time for events that will allow everyone to play fairly. As the servers are located in the US, it seems like the most intuitive next step would be to set the times based on the servers.

A nicely put suggestion to occasionally have events set so that Europeans could participate would go much further than a rant, especially since you can hardly say PWI hates Europeans. If I remember correctly, there was once an event set in the morning in the US, which the Europeans were highly happy about timing.

And as Chillum suggested, joining an east coast server is a nice compromise.

I understand, but why the race has different start time (one at 9:30PM for me, france GMT+2).... if it's possible for the race, it should be possible for the others (dragon palace, city of abo .....)
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    So many idiots who still think the location a server governs its time. A little thing called technology allows the server time to be set independant of local time.

So many idiots who don't know how maintaining networks and servers works. Yes, the servers can be set independently, HOWEVER, there are human technicians and the like who take care of those servers. Their schedules are basically based around when and what is happening to those servers.

For example, midnight to 3am server maint would be occurring at that time in the server's time zone, leading to bawwww threads about "they taek us dawn 4 patch wen it is daetime?"

edit in response to the person above me: those are once a week prestige events. Opening them up at staggered times would make the rewards farmable in a day or two and comparably common.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I almost wish PWI just came out with a statement saying they do/do not hate Europeans, so people would stop making these stupid threads over and over and over and over. I'm not even going to bother with the canned reply here. Nakhimov/DS covered it nicely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • ChaoticEnvy - Heavens Tear
    ChaoticEnvy - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    So many idiots who don't know how maintaining networks and servers works. Yes, the servers can be set independently, HOWEVER, there are human technicians and the like who take care of those servers. Their schedules are basically based around when and what is happening to those servers.

For example, midnight to 3am server maint would be occurring at that time in the server's time zone, leading to bawwww threads about "they taek us dawn 4 patch wen it is daetime?"

Actually having a server clock Euro based would benifit those US Technicians more than hinder them. They would be able to do the maint at a sensible time for them ie: 4pm and not wait till midnight. So that arguement doesnt really hold true.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    I almost wish PWI just came out with a statement saying they do/do not hate Europeans, so people would stop making these stupid threads over and over and over and over. I'm not even going to bother with the canned reply here. Nakhimov/DS covered it nicely.

Dear PWI user, we here at Perfect World International do not feel hatred or dislike towards Europeans in any form. However, we cannot say the same about Russians.

Thank you,
    Perfect World International

Also, hi Aadi. b:bye You graduate yet?

And no, all the servers in a specific time zone go down at the same time. So they would have to preform two server maints.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Dear PWI user, we here at Perfect World International do not feel hatred or dislike towards Europeans in any form. However, we cannot say the same about Russians.

Thank you,
    Perfect World International

Also, hi Aadi. b:bye You graduate yet?

And no, all the servers in a specific time zone go down at the same time. So they would have to preform two server maints.

Getting there, like 2 days of school left or something, then graduation early June. Then Notre Dame next year.

Some GM should just take that statement and make it their signature, really.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The servers are hosted in the US and are set to the US time zone they're in.

I don't know how often I've seen moronic threads like this.
    It is a US based game and their main install base is in the US,

^ This. Of course the times aren't going to mesh right for you guys. =/ If it was based in Europe, we'd have the same problems over here in the West. *shrugs*
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Getting there, like 2 days of school left or something, then graduation early June. Then Notre Dame next year.

Some GM should just take that statement and make it their signature, really.

Well congratulations. Any idea what major you're going to be in?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Well congratulations. Any idea what major you're going to be in?

Computer Engineering, and thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Computer Engineering, and thank you.

Very nice, I'm not surprised though. I assume they're got a solid CE program then?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Very nice, I'm not surprised though. I assume they're got a solid CE program then?

They've got solid everything, they're ranked like 20th in the country or something like that. I don't know the exact stats because US News and World Report wants 25 dollars for rankings and that's not happening. Plus they offered me a full ride minus 5k in work study and loans per year.

Andddd we're off topic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    They've got solid everything, they're ranked like 20th in the country or something like that. I don't know the exact stats because US News and World Report wants 25 dollars for rankings and that's not happening. Plus they offered me a full ride minus 5k in work study and loans per year.

Andddd we're off topic.

This topic was stupid to begin with, I don't feel bad about derailing it b:cute

You're going to have to put up with all the people who love football in excess though. I got lucky and I've never had that problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Admante - Dreamweaver
    Admante - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I can't imagine how putting a European server in Europe would be difficult. If there's enough interest, there should be servers scattered world wide.

From the amount of Russian (and other languages) in WC, I think there's quite a market in Europe.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    I can't imagine how putting a European server in Europe would be difficult. If there's enough interest, there should be servers scattered world wide.

From the amount of Russian (and other languages) in WC, I think there's quite a market in Europe.

Because 1. If you put that server in Europe, you'd have to hire a new staff/get a new building/equipment. Not cost efficient
    2. If that server were in the US, they'd also need additional staff.

THERE IS A EUROPEAN VERSION OF PW. THERE WILL NOT BE EUROPEAN SERVERS ADDED TO THE US VERSION OF THE GAME.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ShadowsWrath - Heavens Tear
    ShadowsWrath - Heavens Tear Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Because 1. If you put that server in Europe, you'd have to hire a new staff/get a new building/equipment. Not cost efficient
    2. If that server were in the US, they'd also need additional staff.

They have a European server for BoI. So in theory any staff could do both
    THERE IS A EUROPEAN VERSION OF PW. THERE WILL NOT BE EUROPEAN SERVERS ADDED TO THE US VERSION OF THE GAME

Never say Never. With PWE recent acquisition's in Europe anything is possible.
    But I would guess any new Euro version would be PWE running it themselves as they do PWI rather than the current licensed only Euro version.
  • Ewen - Harshlands
    Ewen - Harshlands Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    In my opinion this is a real problem. I do understand that the game is desingned for players who live in the US, but the problem would be easily solved by adding more event "times" (for example 4 insteads of 2, one every 6 hours) so everybody could participate. I don't know why this would harm anybody as the events aren't providing that much advantage to players that they'd become OP by "doubling" the amount of the events.

Also, for TW.. For me the times are during the night, 3 am or so. I don't even know the times, but I know that they're during midnight. I don't start doing anything in pw after 10pm, I just finish the things I'm doing and then log off, so if a TW starts at 3am, I will not join. My sleeping rythm gets messed up if I start going to bed 4 am during the weekends and during the weeks I'm studying.. b:surrender

Of course not being able to TW leads to the ridiculous and annoying fact, which I just have to accept: None of the big factions would never accept me to join. So I'll stick to the smaller ones, which can be good too (like my current faction), but still.. not even having a chance to get to the best faction of the server is rather sad.. b:sad I don't really see other solutions for this but an Europe-server, but of course you will tell me to go for the crappy PW europe, which is widely populated by people who I can't communicate with. (Read: they can't speak english)

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig made by me. Seems that the forums change the quality of the picture a bit. b:sad
  • Linwiz - Lost City
    Linwiz - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Click here if you want European friendly times on everything, and quit with these threads, servers are in the US therefore server times are set to US Timezones therefore so are events
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Click here if you want European friendly times on everything, and quit with these threads, servers are in the US therefore server times are set to US Timezones therefore so are events

Quoted to get this through your thick skulls.

One more time. Here's hoping big letters will help.

THIS IS A US GAME AND SERVER TIMES ARE US
    ONCE A WEEK EVENTS WILL NOT BE REPEATED
    IF YOU WANT EURO SERVERS GO PLAY PW-MS

Now, to address your points individually.

BoI (which I have never played, mind you) has a euro server, but PWI does not and will not in the forseeable future. The techs running the current servers could in theory pick up another server but they should and I'm sure are already working full-time. If they want to run the servers according to load relative to time in Europe they'd need a new staff.

Adding events means more event drops and items. Supply and demand is simple, as supply increases demand decreases. Everyone running around with CoA rings= bad.

TW times are for US players as the server times are US. Deal with it, that will not be changing. Ever.

If you can't speak any other European languages, then stay in PWI. However, you will have to deal with the times or swap to the PW-MS servers.

A US-based game will not pander to european based players specifically. The US players are their priority.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.