TW'ing in multiple factions

Goldymarg - Heavens Tear
Goldymarg - Heavens Tear Posts: 81 Arc User
edited May 2010 in General Discussion
Friends, Romans, other members that know what this is probably not about . . .

There is a growing issue I have noticed in the last few months on the Heavens Tear server, and that is the fact that people are using accounts, mules and other characters on your account to TW in other factions at the same time.

Now, this might not be of any concern to anyone, but I feel that in allowing this to continue the PWI staff is not following their own Guidelines, which is to ban users that TW in multiple factions. People in both Belial and Enrage have used these said alts to gangbid on Tao, the proof is also out there since there have been countless of tickets that have been sent in regarding these users, yet nothing is done about them.

My question is, why are there no actions being taken against people that are violating the ToS when the proof is out there. Is it the fact that they pour a lot of the money in the game? or is it because the GM's have trouble with tracking these individuals down?

Honestly, I do not know why nothing has been done about the issue, surely considering the amount of tickets that have been sent in somewhere a bell should have ringed. I'm not posting this to troll but I'm at a loss at what to do next to this, apparently sending in tickets is not helping and there are no actions being taken.

I would like a GM to respond in this thread to explain to me why no actions are being taken.
The Internet is indeed serious business . . . b:lipcurl
QQ moar
Post edited by Goldymarg - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Looks like QQ, Smells like QQ, must be QQ.

You're allowed to put your alts in whatever faction you want brah. Cry moar b:cry
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    it have been the same on lost city since almost 1 year if 1 person show in the said tw they cant do nothing against it ....

they consider it not a "fake" bid
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Goldymarg - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2010

You're allowed to put your alts in whatever faction you want brah. Cry moar b:cry

If you didn't read my post, I am not discussing the fact that people can put their alts in other factions.

I am talking about the fact that people are using their alts that ARE in different factions to gangrape and make it harder on one particular faction, which goes against the ToS.

Either please read my post or don't reply.
    QQ moar
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Quick question...

(using this as an example)

Why is it a bannable offense? I mean what would happen if (calamity jr) was made up of a majority of calamity's (both tw factions) main player base, and calamity jr, and calamity both attacked on the same weekend/night, and end up fighting at the same time? They would so have to chose who they want to be with/fight. So it barely makes sense that it would be bannable if people chose to do that. =x
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    If you didn't read my post, I am not discussing the fact that people can put their alts in other factions.

I am talking about the fact that people are using their alts that ARE in different factions to gangrape and make it harder on one particular faction, which goes against the ToS.

Either please read my post or don't reply.

So you're saying that they have alts in multiple factions, and they use those alts in both TWs, right? You can put your alts in whatever TW faction you'd like. If you TW with two toons, QQ more because that's not against ToS.

Please link to where exactly in the ToS it says that it's against the rules to put alts in seperate TW factions.

I read your post and I still think you're a terrible whiner.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    <insert massive butthurt patch here>

You forgot to mention TheEmpire b:angry

EDIT: Yeayea forgot an important part

Maybe the reason why they don't do anything about it is because IT IS NOT BANNABLE (hope you can read now), to have more then one char on your account in different factions, as long as you don't TW at the same time with all of them, which is close to impossible.

*throws in lotion* might sting a bit, but the hurt should be gone in a few days.
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited May 2010

There is a growing issue I have noticed in the last few months on the Heavens Tear server, and that is the fact that people are using accounts, mules and other characters on your account to TW in other factions at the same time.

Now, this might not be of any concern to anyone, but I feel that in allowing this to continue the PWI staff is not following their own Guidelines, which is to ban users that TW in multiple factions. People in both Belial and Enrage have used these said alts to gangbid on Tao, the proof is also out there since there have been countless of tickets that have been sent in regarding these users, yet nothing is done about them.

My question is, why are there no actions being taken against people that are violating the ToS when the proof is out there. Is it the fact that they pour a lot of the money in the game? or is it because the GM's have trouble with tracking these individuals down?

Honestly, I do not know why nothing has been done about the issue, surely considering the amount of tickets that have been sent in somewhere a bell should have ringed. I'm not posting this to troll but I'm at a loss at what to do next to this, apparently sending in tickets is not helping and there are no actions being taken.

I would like a GM to respond in this thread to explain to me why no actions are being taken.

Could you be any more confusing?

What are you trying to actually ask?

Why aren't factions who fake bid banned? Why are people allowed to TW on more than one character and in more than one faction?

You've posted a lot of words, but you should have thought about what you're trying to say and say it directly.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Caeria - Heavens Tear
    Caeria - Heavens Tear Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    You forgot to mention TheEmpire b:angry

Pfft. GoldyMarg be crazy to call us fake bidders. Since MsE bids for good ganks. Tao just happen to have the good ones for this week. b:victory

Since they are falling apart.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy by Santacruz

.:theempire.ucoz.com:.
  • Miatemaro - Heavens Tear
    Miatemaro - Heavens Tear Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Simple , First go learn what fake bidding really is. Second If you dont like being bid on, get out of a TW faction or uninstall the game.

All this is , is a rant by a certain faction that thinks they can dictate to GMs who should and shouldnt be able to TW against them, It is a VERY KNOWN FACT that this particular faction goes out of there way to get ppl banned so they dont bid against them.

Now heres a better question, When are the GMs gonna start banning the ones filing all these false tickets?
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    wait, mia said something that made sense?
    impossible :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
  • Caeria - Heavens Tear
    Caeria - Heavens Tear Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Lols

b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy by Santacruz

.:theempire.ucoz.com:.
  • Miatemaro - Heavens Tear
    Miatemaro - Heavens Tear Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited May 2010

shhsssshhh you.
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawthorne - Heavens Tear
    Rawthorne - Heavens Tear Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Hmmm unless it's listed somewhere else I don't see anything in the TOS.
    http://www.perfectworld.com/about/terms
    Now we all know there's a ton of unwritten rules and ones that are not enforced (flying in tw for example) so who the hell knows.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Like Michael said, I too have no clue what you're asking about?! Please clarify so we can know for sure what this is all about
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Like Michael said, I too have no clue what you're asking about?! Please clarify so we can know for sure what this is all about

I think the OP was talking about this: a player TWs in a faction A, then goes to faction B and TWs there and then gets back to faction A.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • KingTank - Heavens Tear
    KingTank - Heavens Tear Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    if there are alts in other big TW faction its not against the rules last time i checked its the officers in that faction who has to find that person out and banish them
  • Baalzor - Heavens Tear
    Baalzor - Heavens Tear Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited May 2010

cool story bro
    http:// fr.xfire.com/video/36f4d6/
    RUBBERBAND \o/
  • PsychicHarpy - Heavens Tear
    PsychicHarpy - Heavens Tear Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2010

>.> I agree with this 100%
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm the only Harpy, Who's Psychic and knows all!b:chuckleb:pleased

Live Life How You wish To Live It.

I love PWI, Teh Forums, and Konari b:thanks

Is currently working on Wizzy (imo better than my Psy)b:surrender name: SaphiraGione
  • GothicAngeI - Heavens Tear
    GothicAngeI - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    < stuff >

So are you saying people use their alts in other " lesser " TW's factions to try and influence the leaders of said Factions to attack the same Guild as their mains are ?

If that is the case then we have a saying here.

" People in glass houses should'nt throw stones "

Since I know a few members of Tao with alts in others " lesser " TW factions .. So maybe they are guilty of the same thing ?

Edit: Maybe those Factions keep bidding on you not so much because of who's alts are in them, but because you keep moaning that they bid on you :p
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    RoArb:chuckle
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2010
    RoArb:chuckle

is that a shout :o:o

or just short for "Random or Annoying Rubbish" o.o b:chuckle
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Can it not be both!!? b:victory
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Goldymarg - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2010
    Technically it falls under all 3 of these portions of the TOS(http://www.perfectworld.com/about/terms):11.

# (k) Cheat or utilize unauthorized exploits in connection with the Games or the Service;
    # (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players,

(n) Take any action that disrupts the Service or that negatively affects or may prohibit other users from enjoying the Website, the Games or any other aspect of the Service.

It would mostly fall under the bolded parts highlighted.

They previously instituted bans for similar actions with the 11.(n) quoted as the primary reason.

My guild leader has characters who lead 5 different guilds at the moment, and has been specifically forbidden to bid with any of them besides his primary guild, unless he first leaves his primary guild of which I am a part.

Picture these scenarios:
    1) Guild 1 has one attack to take land from a guild that should require approximately 60 members of that guild to be online. There are 140 online and available for war.
    Guild 1 knows that at least 60 of its members have characters in 2 of the guilds that are simultaneously attacking what it views as its primary competition on the map. 140-60, still a full 80 housed for Guild 1's attack. Where do those 60 go, to attack the primary competition, if those 60 are not available the 2 attacks require guild 2 to send 20-36 members to defend, with those 60 available and in the attacks, guild 2 now has to send 40-60 members to each defense, removing 100 members from their other defense rather than 56.

2) Now lets assume those 2 defenses fall at the same date time as guild 1's attack on guild 2. The same 140 are available, guild 2 still has to send 80 to defend guild 1's 80 while their remaining 60 can still move to guild 3 and 4's attacks on guild 2. Both guild 3 and 4 have 30-60 members of their own in those battles that are not part of guild 1. Now instead of guild 2 defending against the 170 players they would have to defend against without guild 1's alt characters being swapped to, guild 2 now has to defend against 200-230 giving all 3 guilds an advantage in the attack against guild 2 they would not have otherwise.

Now my guild leader has been warned on previous occasions where ONE of our guild members played on a character in another war that synchronized with our guild's and informed that he had 24 hours to remove that player's character from our guild or force them to remove their other character from the other guild or be banned himself.

How is 60 allowed for one guild while ONE is not allowed for another?

Unfair advantage, absolutely.

Do I care? It's one hell of an obstacle to overcome, especially with account stash transfers and the rapid speed of leveling that is currently possible, you can effectively have to fight the same character in multiple wars, or at the very least that character's equivalent in another class played by the same individual.

Simply, scenario 1 occurred last night. With a total acknowledged added character count of 43 KNOWN alts of guild 1 fighting for guild 3 and 4. Additionally guild 4 attacked guild 2 with their alt/growth guild at another location of the same guild they attacked with their primary guild.

This is what I, the OP, am talking about.
    QQ moar
  • Meivi - Lost City
    Meivi - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Technically it falls under all 3 of these portions of the TOS(http://www.perfectworld.com/about/terms):11.

# (k) Cheat or utilize unauthorized exploits in connection with the Games or the Service;
    # (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players,

(n) Take any action that disrupts the Service or that negatively affects or may prohibit other users from enjoying the Website, the Games or any other aspect of the Service.

It would mostly fall under the bolded parts highlighted.

They previously instituted bans for similar actions with the 11.(n) quoted as the primary reason.

My guild leader has characters who lead 5 different guilds at the moment, and has been specifically forbidden to bid with any of them besides his primary guild, unless he first leaves his primary guild of which I am a part.

Picture these scenarios:
    1) Guild 1 has one attack to take land from a guild that should require approximately 60 members of that guild to be online. There are 140 online and available for war.
    Guild 1 knows that at least 60 of its members have characters in 2 of the guilds that are simultaneously attacking what it views as its primary competition on the map. 140-60, still a full 80 housed for Guild 1's attack. Where do those 60 go, to attack the primary competition, if those 60 are not available the 2 attacks require guild 2 to send 20-36 members to defend, with those 60 available and in the attacks, guild 2 now has to send 40-60 members to each defense, removing 100 members from their other defense rather than 56.

2) Now lets assume those 2 defenses fall at the same date time as guild 1's attack on guild 2. The same 140 are available, guild 2 still has to send 80 to defend guild 1's 80 while their remaining 60 can still move to guild 3 and 4's attacks on guild 2. Both guild 3 and 4 have 30-60 members of their own in those battles that are not part of guild 1. Now instead of guild 2 defending against the 170 players they would have to defend against without guild 1's alt characters being swapped to, guild 2 now has to defend against 200-230 giving all 3 guilds an advantage in the attack against guild 2 they would not have otherwise.

Now my guild leader has been warned on previous occasions where ONE of our guild members played on a character in another war that synchronized with our guild's and informed that he had 24 hours to remove that player's character from our guild or force them to remove their other character from the other guild or be banned himself.

How is 60 allowed for one guild while ONE is not allowed for another?

Unfair advantage, absolutely.

Do I care? It's one hell of an obstacle to overcome, especially with account stash transfers and the rapid speed of leveling that is currently possible, you can effectively have to fight the same character in multiple wars, or at the very least that character's equivalent in another class played by the same individual.

Simply, scenario 1 occurred last night. With a total acknowledged added character count of 43 KNOWN alts of guild 1 fighting for guild 3 and 4. Additionally guild 4 attacked guild 2 with their alt/growth guild at another location of the same guild they attacked with their primary guild.

This is what I, the OP, am talking about.

Waitwut?
    Did you just make an unnecessarily long post even longer?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Venomancer ~ 100 ~ Instinct
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    More stuff

This is by far the most pathetic rant and butthurt topic I have seen. Seriously? What are you smoking?
    Flaws in design? Unfair advantage?
    God you must be dense. For someone to have 2 characters available to him/her that BOTH pose a threat in TW. That is NOT an unfair advantage:

- Both must be in their mid 90's range or higher
    - Both must be decked out with highly refined gear and a good weapon with good refines
    - He/she must have access to 2 computers if he's TWing on both at the "same" time.
    - If any of his/her characters do not meet the first or second point, he/she is going to be 1 shot by mostly anyone.

You are just butthurt you lost in last night's TW. Good game, go cry to your mother. What you are saying makes no sense at all.
    If someone wants to put in all the trouble to level 2 characters, gear them up and gain experience on them to TW in two different factions.
    Well, then your mother really must have dropped you on your head for you to mistake "making an effort versus not making an effort" as "an unfair advantage"

Now, let's look at it from a PWI point of view. We've got person A who has 2 characters both lets say 100.
    Both have +5 or higher gear, both have lunar weapons or TT99 gold/TT100 or Nirvana, both have a nice "event" tome and both have event rings, event cape, and event necklace.

Then, there's person B (you). Who has 1 character, TW's with 1 faction and that 1 character has probably put less than 20% of the money person A put in to the game.
    Yes, marvelous idea. They'd totally support you, 'cause you are one of their main sources of their income (~_^)b

tl;dr

No rules broken, all was fair. Tao got buttraped, now members cry out foul. <= We're going to see that a lot more now that people are starting to notice that Tao is getting weak(er).

P.S

This should be in the HT section, would've saved you the embarrassment of having the whole game tell you you're a moron, rather than just the server you play on b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited May 2010

I beleive we have a new forum word(well sounds like its new to me O.o):

RoAR - Means Random or Annoying Rubbish
    Way of using it:
    "Warning- this thread contains RoAR"

b:victory

Ookay, time for me to go ON-topic
    I basiclly agree with everything Jhalil just said O.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
    edited May 2010

Since when is joining multiple factions and have some fun in TW with them an exploit? /fail
    bs about faction leader being warned blabla.

I'm almost positive that that warning was about a fake bid from one of your own members to keep a land. /fail_part2

the 'do i care' and 'account stash abuse' QQ

You have the same advantages as anyone else. Use them or not, that's your own choice.
    this doesn't really count as fail...just QQ
    Last night's TW QQ

If you would've won all wars you would not have posted this extremely BS thread in the first place. /fail_part3 , QQ_part2 and butthurt (still after i gave you lotion and all? wow )
    I beleive we have a new forum word(well sounds like its new to me O.o):

RoAR - Means Random or Annoying Rubbish
    Way of using it:
    "Warning- this thread contains RoAR"

b:victory

<3 so awesome

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SaintDominic - Sanctuary
    SaintDominic - Sanctuary Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    This is by far the most pathetic rant and butthurt topic I have seen. Seriously? What are you smoking?
    Flaws in design? Unfair advantage?
    God you must be dense. For someone to have 2 characters available to him/her that BOTH pose a threat in TW. That is NOT an unfair advantage:

- Both must be in their mid 90's range or higher
    - Both must be decked out with highly refined gear and a good weapon with good refines
    - He/she must have access to 2 computers if he's TWing on both at the "same" time.
    - If any of his/her characters do not meet the first or second point, he/she is going to be 1 shot by mostly anyone.

You are just butthurt you lost in last night's TW. Good game, go cry to your mother. What you are saying makes no sense at all.
    If someone wants to put in all the trouble to level 2 characters, gear them up and gain experience on them to TW in two different factions.
    Well, then your mother really must have dropped you on your head for you to mistake "making an effort versus not making an effort" as "an unfair advantage"

Now, let's look at it from a PWI point of view. We've got person A who has 2 characters both lets say 100.
    Both have +5 or higher gear, both have lunar weapons or TT99 gold/TT100 or Nirvana, both have a nice "event" tome and both have event rings, event cape, and event necklace.

Then, there's person B (you). Who has 1 character, TW's with 1 faction and that 1 character has probably put less than 20% of the money person A put in to the game.
    Yes, marvelous idea. They'd totally support you, 'cause you are one of their main sources of their income (~_^)b

tl;dr

No rules broken, all was fair. Tao got buttraped, now members cry out foul. <= We're going to see that a lot more now that people are starting to notice that Tao is getting weak(er).

P.S

This should be in the HT section, would've saved you the embarrassment of having the whole game tell you you're a moron, rather than just the server you play on b:victory

Harsh....forgive man forgive
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Fake bidding is a bannable offense. If you have two factions under your leadership and both factions attack the same faction to tade advantage of multiple attacks, that should be a bannable offense. Whether or not the guild is full of alts or not really shouldn't matter. It's not who is attacking, but the intent that is more important.

Perhaps you should try to condense your post and make it clearly understandable instead of trying to make some illegible math formula. The rest of your wall of text is quite confusing but I agree with you with at least the point that alt factions shouldn't be bidding to manipulate war times to take advantage of double or triple attacks, that much is wrong.

There was a situation on LC where one faction had an alt guild that was bidding on other faction lands. Most of us thought it was quite despicable. If you're going to take land, do it with your primary faction and let the other smaller real guilds bid and fight. Even if you can win on your alt guild faction, it's kind of a mockery to the real factions who actually can fight and hold a land or two. However, this isn't the same thing as I think is being described.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Bawwwwww.

Your guild leader can't bid on other factions because those factions are not actual TW factions and that is what constitutes fake bidding.

Also, learn how to be concise. You're trying to sound intelligent, and you're coming across as pretentious as well as a whiner.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]