DQ Drops NPC-Price Dropped 20%

Comments

• Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    PWE gone crazy. I Dont even see why they would do such a thing other then annoy their customers... do they really think we're gonna keep spending if they mess up our gameplay?
    Let's boycott buying zen >_>

*points at siggie* Boycot started, my dear (deer)

And yeah, all the money for my pots, I get it from helping FB runs, from grinding and selling DQ and sometimes, from selling my services as magic tank, I refuse to pay for BH wines on a daily basis, actually, I rarely BH if it is not within an FB.

Economy is broken, and since they are nerfing the DQ sell price by 20%, they might as well decrease the NPC item prices by 20% as well, so buying pots and such won't be even harder than what it is already.
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xxunseenspecxx
    xxunseenspecxx Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Beer...now cheaper than zen. Drink...don't play. b:chuckle

QFT.

*10 character minimum I challenge you to battle. /win*
    Guild History:
    Unlimited [retired guild]
    Conqueror [retired guild]
    BloodLusT [FAIL OF EPIC PROPORTIONZ/retired guild]
    RageQuit [retired guild]

Current Guild:
    Wouldn't you like to know?

Current Status:
    Been jumping rooftops in ADC for the past year and a half<3
    Actively PvP'ing foramz style b:cute
  • xxunseenspecxx
    edited May 2010
    It hasnt been as rapid. This would be like taking the past years inflation and squeezing it into 5 minutes. Its the Nuclear warhead of inflation rather then the slow dirty bomb.

At least this would be quick and painless so people can finally move on rather than waste their time here. :P
    Guild History:
    RageQuit [retired guild]

Current Guild:

Current Status:
  • SyMei - Dreamweaver
    SyMei - Dreamweaver Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    *points at siggie* Boycot started, my dear (deer)

Times three? That isn't 20%.

Twenty Precent = 0.2

Times 1,000,000 by 0.2 and you get 200,000.

Minus 200,000 from 1,000,000 and you get 800,000.

So... I don't see much of a problem here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    It's plain and simple, they just want to make it harder for people to earn in-game money. Especially those lower level players. It's not the Dev either, as Developers are just coding, and they did what has been told to them.

It's the management of PWE, who told them what to do.

It's plain and simple that they are trying to reduce the population of people who don't cash-shop much, or to force them to take up the notch a bit on spending more. Here is the thing, if people have to spend more than $15/month in this game just to survive, you can bet that they will lose customers even faster.

If you read the forums, you can see that people are already hanging by the thread to stay in this game. They mainly stay because there are still friends in here, and if those occasional cash-shopper/non-cash-shopper are being driven away -- you can bet that the cash-shoppers population will also diminish.

We could had copy and pasted your post from/to the Anniversary complaining threads back in September.... down to the ragequit, game will die, etc, etc, etc.

Amainzingly, 9 months later, people are posting exactly the same arguments as 9 months ago.... What are the chances that you are right this time? about the same as the posts 9 months ago were..... imo.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Anfisa - Lost City
    Anfisa - Lost City Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Seeing as they listened after we raged about the horn, hopefully they decided to undo the change
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Too bad I'm super-sensitive to alcohol.

It's ok, I don't drink either. Though there were many times where I was playing this game where I could have used a cold one. Now I see why some players played drunk on my server. When you're drunk, you just don't care that someone is messing you over.
  • Skooomu - Lost City
    Skooomu - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Way ahead of you. b:victory

Beer...now cheaper than zen. Drink...don't play. b:chuckle

Go to the main website. There's more complaints there about it.

I Saw v.....v And I bet NOTHING will happen
    or they will change the name of the price drop on DQs
    Like they did to the anipacks to shut us up Lmao
    On A Epic Quest To Prove Heavy Armored Clerics Can Own
    Pm me if you need bosses done(Within reason)
    I dont need a squad=)
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Mkay so I didn't feel like reading all these pages <.< I may be bored... but I'm not THAT bored rofl.

This will probably have a really really bad effect on everything being sold from here on out. I didn't need to say it as its already well known, but I did lol.

I can see TT mat prices, OHT mat prices, herbs, and other things going up simply because of this... And lately, while pet training in unicorn forest, that's how i've made money is from the dq's. its been rather nice too. But knowing this just deters me from wanting to grind. But I don't wanna be a TT addict and farm TT like mad... Rebirth is still an option I guess and that's saying anything drops that's actually worth much =/

*Sighs* Too bad they have to do this. I'm like whoever said it first (not sure where I saw it) let's hope the "subject to change" will be this NOT being implemented.
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • xxunseenspecxx
    edited May 2010
    We could had copy and pasted your post from/to the Anniversary complaining threads back in September.... down to the ragequit, game will die, etc, etc, etc.

Amainzingly, 9 months later, people are posting exactly the same arguments as 9 months ago.... What are the changes that you are right this time? about the same as the posts 9 months ago were..... imo.

But the point remains the same. Majority of the playerbase rages and wants to quit if **** keeps going downhill, but in the end they don't quit because they spent so much time and money here that they don't want to go to waste, and they have friends here. The game itself is not keeping people playing, it's the people that are keeping people playing and the guilt of leaving so much effort behind.
    Guild History:
    RageQuit [retired guild]

Current Guild:

Current Status:
    edited May 2010
    money%20large.jpg

^ PWE management ^
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    As for me, PWI has really messed up my gameplay...

This is the last time I ever charge zen again if I don't see a decent change...

Reasons:

1: Got a pair of fashions, next week there was a sale.

2: Got a Hell Hound, they added it to the cash shop making it a non-rare mount.

3: Added more goldenmane lions to the game... when it was supposed to be the most rare mount (messed up...)

4: Anny Packs, people started glitching them, when others did it the right way and got ripped off...

5: Extension of anny packs

6: Adding Exp stones (one of the worse ideas)

7: Adding multi BHs (now lvling takes about 1-3 days when it used to take a week or more at high lvls...)

8: JJ coin sink event, just made the economy get messed up some how (not to mention the fashion "gift" was only for teasing people to making them buy it...)

9: Iridescence wings added to CS... they were supposed to be almost as rare as brilliant plumes... now they're common, they're worth less now.

10: Pet pack sale, got my herc a week before this sale happened... yes I got pissed because of this...

11: -20% DQ price, why in the world do you think i spent 170 dollars on a pet?... to stabilize my economy by grinding on veno with herc, now I'll be getting less coins than expected due to this non-sense change ARG! i want my money back...
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Barbarian - Dreamweaver
    Barbarian - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    oyamajio wrote: »
    LOL, I thought I should have shown them how much I've earned as a merchant, but then what's the point? That will only make them feel jealous, and those who never get there will never believe and just keep pissing you off. For the best case scenario, if it happens to inspire someone, that will only breed more merchants, raising more competitors to make you earn less. Take RoidAbuse's alt thread about his greedy mission to earn 10 billions as an example. Since the day he started his thread, I could see and sense the growing competition and rebellion. Merchanting is not as easy as before. People are getting smarter. It forces me to learn and adapt to the market and competitors faster than ever before, lol

I believe in sharing. My momma always told me that sharing is caring. Competition is good. Good for buyers that is. And to prevent merchants from getting too greedy with what they charge. So I understand your feelings.. Tissue? RoidAbuse...?

I don't know what to make of this whole DQ price reduction. On the one hand, I feel for all those that actually grind DQs to make coins. On the other, I feel the market will sort itself out in the long run to reach an equilibrium.

Also, being rich in game is subjective. The same amount of coins will allow you to buy more in a server with less total coins in circulation than if you were in a server with a lot more coins in circulation.
    EQ Goal:
    G15 Nirvana Weapon ACHIEVED!
    Refines +12 ACHIEVED!
    Reroll for Adv. zerk.
    G12 Amber
    G12 Garnet
    Full Nirvana Lunar Armor set
    Armor Pieces (0/6)
    Uncanny needed for G15 (0/1500)
    Tome Scroll (0/1)
    Vit Stones needed assuming 3 sockets per Armor Pieces (0/18)
  • Louky - Sanctuary
    Louky - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I dont know if im the only one who realises this but.....

The first coins to appear ingame were made by selling drops ...... most of the time DQ items

You really think that cash shoppers can get rich if no one buys the gold they are selling ??

where do you think the coin come from ?

- Quests ? ..... hmm I dont think they give enough coins to cover skills, repairs, gear and to purchase gold.

- TT Mats ?...... hmm it is a good way to make coins but even there.... you really need someone with the coins to buy your TT mats

- Merchandising ? ..... Like buying low and selling high... same thing here though. First you need coin to start but the important thing in this case is that you need buyer to sell To.

the problem is not that they're giving more to the cash shopper but in a way, less....
    Less cashflow ingame =
    Less players that are going to buy gold in game
    Less players that are going to buy item from boutique.
    In the end, you'll get less gold being bought by cashshoppers because they cant sell it.
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    ...I thought maybe i can go away for alittle then rejoin when im in the mood.. but they keep making it more and more unattractive to the average free player.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Skooomu - Lost City
    Skooomu - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2010

The first coins to appear ingame were made by selling drops ...... most of the time DQ items

You really think that cash shoppers can get rich if no one buys the gold they are selling ??

- Quests ? ..... hmm I dont think they give enough coins to cover skills, repairs, gear and to purchase gold.

- TT Mats ?...... hmm it is a good way to make coins but even there.... you really need someone with the coins to buy your TT mats

- Merchandising ? ..... Like buying low and selling high... same thing here though. First you need coin to start but the important thing in this case is that you need buyer to sell To.

the problem is not that they're giving more to the cash shopper but in a way, less....
    Less cashflow ingame =
    In the end, you'll get less gold being bought by cashshoppers because they cant sell it.

All seems to make sense execpt the last part
    They Can sell it but at a lower price forcing them to buy more zen( most People will not, but some, I would lol)
    On A Epic Quest To Prove Heavy Armored Clerics Can Own
    Pm me if you need bosses done(Within reason)
    I dont need a squad=)
  • Kilala - Lost City
    Kilala - Lost City Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Less cashflow ingame =

awsome way to make gold prices drop b:victoryb:dirty
  • ValenaHaiko - Heavens Tear
    ValenaHaiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Amainzingly, 9 months later, people are posting exactly the same arguments as 9 months ago.... What are the chances that you are right this time? about the same as the posts 9 months ago were..... imo.

I am reading forums more... cos the game does not interest me much anymore. Analyzing and giving my opinions on stuff is somewhat rewarding to me, as I hope they will improve the product, and "hopefully" I will get my interest back.

I used to not care about forums, as the game interests me more. There are many other players fell the same way. Your sinister comment is not helping the community.
  • ValenaHaiko - Heavens Tear
    ValenaHaiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    But the point remains the same. Majority of the playerbase rages and wants to quit if **** keeps going downhill, but in the end they don't quit because they spent so much time and money here that they don't want to go to waste, and they have friends here. The game itself is not keeping people playing, it's the people that are keeping people playing and the guilt of leaving so much effort behind.

You are right to the point, it's about contributing to the community. 1 year of time spent in this game... well... that's a long time.
  • xxunseenspecxx
    edited May 2010

Less cashflow ingame =

As true as this is, the alternative that they have been banking on (and so far succeeded) is that if they eliminate the ability to survive off of in-game coin and merchanting, people will rely on CS'ing to purchase necessities like heiros, rely on chance (and a ridiculously small chance at that) to get nice gear e.g. anni packs, and other CS related methods. Not so much buy CS gold to resell it but rather use it to remain factor or at least not become less factor... They make bank off these chance items in the CS. Nothing like a large percentage of the playerbase buying 300+ of the various packs and continuing to buy them since they don't get anything but tokens and maybe a heiro...
    Guild History:
    RageQuit [retired guild]

Current Guild:

Current Status:
  • kaza23
    kaza23 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    PWE i've already commented on the reduced DQ idea. For everyone else, let me share my response and add more to it.

kaza23 @ May 4th, 2010, 10:09PM
    Alright PWI we know you are a business 1st of all. We understand the goal is to increase profits every quarter. This is your main money maker. Without the base players (non cash shoppers) you won't have the cash shoppers for very long because there will be no to help then with their TW. The pawners of the game will simply have no one to pawn anymore. All the "poor people will leave the game because they no longer can keep up with your many cash shop events. Cash shoppers will not have anyone to sell to I.E. (non cash shoppers). I have bought zen in the past. Enough to pay a whole year and a half subscription to any pay 2 play game out there. Yes most are feeling the economy's crunch and cannot contribute to your profits at this time. If you drop the DQ prices by 20% you will be hurting many players. If this is what you want, there's not much we can do but voice our opinions, but you will be sorry when we the (non cash shoppers) stop playing and any future potential cash shoppers disappear forever. I'm sure I can find many other FREE 2 PLAY games out there. Maybe we'll just all go back to our PS3's and buy our used games and play them online? I'm hoping PWI team will listen to our cries. I urge you to listen very carefully to us. What we want isn't to much to ask. Again we ask you not to drop the DQ prices. If you want to reduce gold prices than reduce the frequency of pack events. Looking forward to your response.

Additional reasons not to nerf DQ prices

We grind for our coins to purchase gold

We grind for our coins to item in cat shops

We Aoe grind for coins for AH items

We grind for our Sage/Demon books (have you seen the prices b:shocked

We grind of tokens

We grind for fashions

Cash shoppers will see a decline in their profits from their cat shops

No one will be able to TW anymore

Pkers will have less action

Everyone will start doing TT again and thus the demand for TT mats will drop

Not everyone at this time can afford the cash shop

Your paying players will spend less buying zen since no one will be able to purchase items in their cat shops
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    There are many other players fell the same way. Your sinister comment is not helping the community.

icejamin loves pwi management and boutique items.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • xxunseenspecxx
    edited May 2010
    You are right to the point, it's about contributing to the community. 1 year of time spent in this game... well... that's a long time.

1 year is hard enough to pull away from. Many players, including myself, have been playing since the minute the game became OB. Some spent thousand of RL money on the game. That's a significant investment to just walk away from. It sucks but it's a harsh reality; the PWE management has the players by the collar. Or should I say the wallet.
    Guild History:
    RageQuit [retired guild]

Current Guild:

Current Status:
  • Louky - Sanctuary
    Louky - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    All seems to make sense execpt the last part
    They Can sell it but at a lower price forcing them to buy more zen( most People will not, but some, I would lol)

Gold prices will go lower because no one will buy .. but they can only drop so much.. Dont forget about the iron hammers & chests of coins. at the 200k mark one would keep his Zen, purchase hammers himself to open those boxes and inject more money in our economy
    so yeah here the cashshoppers do win.

But thats another problem thats had its own threads...
  • Flare - Heavens Tear
    Flare - Heavens Tear Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    If the devs are looking to create a coin sink, they need to remove the ten million bank notes from the perfect token best luck. That is the only true thing that threw the economy out of balance, although the chest of coins had a minor effect compared to the ten million bank notes. Now non-cash shoppers have a harder time in this game with nerfed in-game coin income of dq items.
    100% Free to Play: +12 G16 axes, +12 G16 Fists,full +10ed armor
    You registered on: 2008-08-26 18:12:33
    Two Words: Old School
    Barbmaster: Literally - 23.6k hp BM, 19.8k hp BM, 33.3k hp Barb
    Shiniest BM/Barb aroundb:cute
    I check the PWI homepage for fail new updates/greed salesb:laugh
    edited May 2010
    1 year is hard enough to pull away from. Many players, including myself, have been playing since the minute the game became OB. Some spent thousand of RL money on the game. That's a significant investment to just walk away from. It sucks but it's a harsh reality; the PWE management has the players by the collar. Or should I say the wallet.

I understand what you're saying. I've invested countless hours and more real life money than I care to mention into this game. It is hard to walk away from with all the work put it, but you have to know when to cut your losses and walk away.
  • xxunseenspecxx
    edited May 2010
    I understand what you're saying. I've invested countless hours and more real life money than I care to mention into this game. It is hard to walk away from with all the work put it, but you have to know when to cut your losses and walk away.

I did over a year ago b:laugh Now I just jump rooftops in ADC and browse the forums b:cute
    Guild History:
    RageQuit [retired guild]

Current Guild:

Current Status:
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    It's to bad this DQ change effects everyone. I don't even coin grind, I merchant but this means those players that don't buy gold have less coins to buy my stuff GRRR -_-
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • XeLea - Lost City
    XeLea - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    200+ unhappy players and counting...
    edited May 2010
    200+ unhappy players and counting...

...with zero people caring over at PWE.

Sorry, had to finish it there. b:pleased
This discussion has been closed.