chat filter circumvention - frankie
archer is awesome.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Anchali - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    ...I spent 5 dollars once getting a present for a friend. I can honestly say I haven't spent a cent more on this game.

Although I understand the idea behind wanting to charge, especially since this is probably more entertainment than countless nights at the movies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Hellhowl - Sanctuary
    Hellhowl - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Comparing this game to cable tv is like comparing apples to oranges. In an mmorpg, you're supposed to earn what you have, and not simply buy it. Most people feel this way. It's supposed to be about your skill and hours you put into the game, not how many times you can swipe a credit card.
    A troll is one of many unsung internet heroes who are almost entirely misunderstood. Contrary to popular belief, many trolls are actually quite intelligent. Their habitual attacks on forums is usually a result of their awareness of the pretentiousness and excessive self-importance of many forum enthusiasts. As much as people may hate trolls, they are highly effective. Their actions bring much of the stupidity of other forum users out into the great wide open.

You call me a troll... like it's a bad thing. QQ more.

No longer playing PWI.
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Although I understand the idea behind wanting to charge, especially since this is probably more entertainment than countless nights at the movies.

Depends on the movie...
    *wipes up puddle of drool while waiting for May 7th*
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Depends on the movie...
    *wipes up puddle of drool while waiting for May 7th*

Is it sad that I had to look up what comes out then?

I'm not a big movie person b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Sneakret - Heavens Tear
    Sneakret - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Same ideology as you too, people spend 20-40 bucks a week taking friends to go see a movie or buy some random **** to keep themselves entertained. People that do it here are just making a longer term investment in their entertainment.

b:sweat I miss being able to charge. Spent the entire 2x event farming dq just so I could pick up lunar daggers, if I had the option to dump in during that time, there's no way in hell I'd have stayed grinding.
    I can see what you see not,
    Vision milky, then eyes rot.
    When you turn, they will be gone,
    Whispering their hidden song.
    Then you see what cannot be,
    Shadows move where light should be.
    Out of darkness, out of mind,
    Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I spent about $20 on my character when I first started. I bought a Super Inventory Stone and some cheap fashion items. I also spent about $30 on gifts for others. My feeling was that the game was worth supporting, and the average game costs $50 or so.

After that, though, I found it was more enjoyable to work towards affording things in the game by playing the game. Just buying my way to the top seems kinda boring, not to mention expensive.

As for players who have high-quality equipment and claim they don't charge zen, I'm pretty sure in most cases they're telling the truth. All my armour is +5 with 4-socket Immaculate Citrines on everything (except the +5 Tauren Chieftan Cloak, which is only 4 Flawless) and it only cost about 2 weeks worth of merchanting income. I'm sure people who are farmers or high-level grinders could also afford something similar if they're good at what they do and are willing to dedicate the time and resources to it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Darg_race - Sanctuary
    Darg_race - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Is it sad that I had to look up what comes out then?

I'm not a big movie person b:surrender

Iron Man 2 will be released on May 7th nationwide or Kephras's imPerfect movie.

That is all.

b:dirtyb:dirty
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    You don't have to charge Zen at 7x to have good equips. Just a bit of merchanting will do the trick. Also, it's sad to see what buying gold does to you. BMs with 6x equips at 89+, archers and sins with nice gears but 20+ too much STR etc.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • XMorty - Lost City
    XMorty - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    because by these guys not admited zen is what basically got them where they are today, there whole so called (Decent Character) will just be seen as noob.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    ...I spent 5 dollars once getting a present for a friend. I can honestly say I haven't spent a cent more on this game.

Iron Man 2 will be released on May 7th nationwide or Kephras's imPerfect movie.

That is all.

b:dirtyb:dirty

Iron Man sequel. I'll be happy to get a trailer for my film done by the 7th. b:surrender
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Ok, when I was little - yes, I charged some gold. I shouldna, but I did.

I made myself a rule that I wasn't going to sell cash-shop items, to stop myself from being tempted into buying more gold.

Yesterday, just by being sat in Arch, I turned 2m into 4m.

So yeah - it's a pain in the **** to figure out things that sell, and the prices they sell at. But it can indeed be done.

The armour at 7x takes... twenty TT pieces, so you need maybe 25 ultimate substances - 1.5m? Probably less if you go in a squad. (Ok, if you get TT-gold then it's a lot more)
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Yeh I charge zen, mostly for some fashion items, buy prezzies and for battle pet packs.
    I don't mind spending 50 euro's on a game.
    So I limited myself to that much.
    when I spent most of it...
    I'll have to learn merchanting.... >.<"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    because by these guys not admited zen is what basically got them where they are today, there whole so called (Decent Character) will just be seen as noob.

What these kind of players would do would be: purchase an advanced stat reset CS item and tadaa new built.

I have to say it is true that Gold buyers do say that they dont spend money on a game, most will just troll about it if they do say they spent money on this game. But you know what?
    Without gold buyers, this game wouldnt be free to play, thats about it. So think about it like if gold buyers were paying a fee for everyone else who is not buying gold to keep playing for free :]

I have to say I have spent about $470 USD on this game, troll whatever you want, I love this game and will spend money on the future on it again if I feel like it ( and if I have the money for it b:chuckle )

As they said before, you spend more when you go out with friends, I usually spend about $200 USD when I go out on a weekend, why not spending 1/4 the money of the weekend in something that will last idk how long probably for ever or until 2012 arrives? ( lol jking ), I mean, its a long-end thing :] thanks to buying gold I was able to get my Hell Hound which I love as well as my Iridescence wings ^_^ not to mention my new veno got a herc recently ( half of my spent money was for this ), and no if you're thinking "what?! no lifer!", dont judge ;] I have a pretty busy day not like some people that sit on their chair all day / night and just stand for 5 mins to eat to get back to their chairs :3 b:chuckle
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • oliedaking
    oliedaking Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    i actually spent a day working out, if it was worth buying zen, how much tiem it saved etc.

people that dont buy zen are wasting alot of time or electrisity on merchenting mining mats etc. in comparison to people who have used that time to work, get better career prospects etc. but if you do all the workings and think it through logically you actually come to the conclusion (if you think life is more important than the game) that playing games is pointless and a waste of money, of corse i disguarded this because its entertaining and i have a few moments of free time at the moment.

in conclusion laugh at the suckers that dont buy zen, they have poorer health, worse career prospects and probably leave their house less. buying zen helps you balance your time between real life and play time.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    while waiting for my hair to dry before i go K.O.. i was chatting with a pwi friend.

i noticed a lot of people deny when you ask them "you buy gold?"

they usually respond "no. charging is for losers. i work my way to get coins."

and its really unbelievable when their armor is like, the best of the best and only lvl 7x.

my point is, why are you embarrass to admit you buy gold?! buying zen is like paying for a movie or buying a big screen t.v or treating your friends to bowling etc. its entertainment, SAME THING.

i remembered way back months and months ago when a dude asked me how i got my mount. i said "i bought 20 golds." then he was all like "LMFAO you actually buy zen? what a waste. i'll never waste my money on a game."

like wtf. its entertainment. kinda like saying "LMFAO you actually pay for cable t.v?" duh no shiit.

opinions?
    but you're assuming that is their only character. I perconally know people 100+ that have low-level alts with the best gear for that level, doesn't make them zen buyers.
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Candie - Raging Tide
    Candie - Raging Tide Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Never placed a real money into game . Because : 1) I don't know how 2) I'm poor enough in RL alraedy
  • Della_Brown - Heavens Tear
    Della_Brown - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    oliedaking wrote: »
    i actually spent a day working out, if it was worth buying zen, how much tiem it saved etc.

people that dont buy zen are wasting alot of time or electrisity on merchenting mining mats etc. in comparison to people who have used that time to work, get better career prospects etc.
    False premise. You are assuming the time and electricity spent are not similar between the two groups of players.
    but if you do all the workings and think it through logically you actually come to the conclusion (if you think life is more important than the game) that playing games is pointless and a waste of money,
    Irrelevant. If you're here, you obviously don't agree with that.
    of corse i disguarded this because its entertaining and i have a few moments of free time at the moment.

in conclusion laugh at the suckers that dont buy zen, they have poorer health, worse career prospects and probably leave their house less.
    The suckers that prefer to spend their money on things that matter in their daily lives, like food, and fuel? Yeah, I laugh at those guys, too. b:cool

If there is a causal relationship, it's the other way around. I fail to see how putting cash into a game gives you better health, makes you leave the house more, or gives you better career prospects.

Career prospects just seems like a red herring, too. They're pretty bad for everyone, right now, and even worse for those in the age ranges common for these kinds of video games, regardless of any other factors. Also, spending money into the game will mean less for anything remotely related to a job. PWI's CS is expensive enough for that to be a serious consideration. I could take a full course load at a local college for a semester for the cost of some of the refined gear I've seen. Common mounts and popular outfits cost as much as preparing for, driving to, and driving home from, a job interview, if you stick to the lower end of things. I could feed myself for 2-3 weeks for the cost of a mount that starts out fast enough to be a worthy upgrade from the free aerogear.
    buying zen helps you balance your time between real life and play time.
    Translation: if you spend 3 hours playing a video game, and not putting money into it, you are doing a poorer job of balancing your time than if you spend 3 hours playing a video game, but then also put your money into that video game. Sorry to tell you this (well, not really), but it doesn't work that way. Balancing your time, and spending money into the game, are orthogonal issues.

To make your post any more than a mess of logical fallacies, you have to start with at least an assumption that everyone is trying to do as much as they can to reach endgame levels, and get the best endgame gear (and, therefor, must spend far more time in-game as free players than they would have as paying players). You'd need other more minor assumptions, too, but that one has to be true for your post's thesis to work out.

If you have the money, and you don't enjoy the challenge of getting things in the game w/o spending it, then by all means, spend it in the game. But don't try to pull some BS like this, that not spending money means you have to spend all your waking hours playing a game.
    "adults on HT is an ancient myth used to scare away the kids from stealing their parents credit cards D:" - Santacruz
  • GothicAngeI - Heavens Tear
    GothicAngeI - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    tiem
    electrisity on merchenting

of corse i disguarded this because its entertaining and i have a few moments of free time at the moment.

in conclusion laugh at the suckers that dont buy zen, they have poorer health, worse career prospects and probably leave their house less.

Or they have spent the money on a good education that lets them spell correctly b:chuckle
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Charging isn't the only way to make money. I had full 4 soc gear and +5 calams in my 7x's. I hadn't charged a penny....And I'm pretty sure there were people out there with much better equips, who hadn't charged gold either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I have very good equips but have only spent some $20-50 on the game.

Its sad that most ppl I meet instantly ask me how much csing I did.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I spent about 90 bucks in over a year and a half. I'm not much of a CSer. I started a new job about a little over a month ago, which lets me have a little money that I'd rather spend on RL stuff, like going out or buying more/better food. I'm not single; sure he doesn't mind me putting 10, 20 bucks on the game when we're not planning anything... but I'd much rather take this money and afford a cheap restaurant.

My characters have decent gear. Nothing out of the ordinary, but nice stuff still. If I put my mind to it I can make cash... just that I haven't cared that much in the past month. As a result, I don't think I have more than 150k - if that - across all 3 of my usual characters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    while I have charged, quite alot, there is some things I am proud of having farmed/worked for. I farmed the coin and saved up for my herc and nix on my veno. I have since been learning merchanting and managed to get revive and ironheart sage skills for myself.. ect

most of my cash shop money goes on fashion and gifts b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    Aya__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    i spent several hundred dollars here already. on mount, wings, expanding bank and inventory, fash, charms, packs, gifts for friends... lately sold gold to buy some sage skills even.

why do i charge? its entertainment budget for me, i can afford that, and charging means i can spend my time playing, not digging herbs or merchandising. i dont have much time, running with friends is more fun than running with pickaxe...

why i admit to charging? because im ok with it. no idea why some ppl believe that makes payers worse. i dont really understand how leaving catshop for whole night could make me better cleric but some people clearly think so, good luck and lots of fun to them b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I know a great deal of high levels that have 7X and lower alts in ridiculous gear...ridiculously expensive. Most have used their higher level toons to farm for their lower level toons.

Personally I don't care if people cash-shop or even if they do or don't admit it. Their personal financial situation is none of my business.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I charge gold; several hundred over the past year. About $20-$40 a month. Sometimes, I even skipped a month or so. I don't even have the best gear ever. Normally fashion, a few mounts, charms, hypers, and some packs.

In the end, whenever I need money, I sell the fashion I don't wear anymore. I normally make about 1mil-3mil off most fashion I buy since I random dye it black. (I'm lucky to get it to black within the first few dyes. I also got lucky to get a pure white magician's top on the first dye that I sold for 5mil.)

I'm quite fine with charging gold. I spend my money on stuff I want or need. This game is a want, since I definitely don't need the newest fashion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    yes there are some liers, but some of us no matter how some may not believe it, don't charge and have good gear
    I know a few pro merch with gear you won't believe is not cash shopped
    personally I just pve a lot, farm dungeons bosses ect. I've been called a lier about not cash shopping, sent people my SS of billing history page, they scream photoshop, so **** the haters

and no theres nothing wrong with cash shopping, but I do get annoyed at hyper noobs(theres plenty non hyper non cash shop noobs too though)
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    7x w/ ridiculous gear could also be an alt of a 9x main. by 9x standards, 50m will get you 1 weapon, but it can gear up 4 or 5 alts really well. furthermore, as your lowbie char level up, you can just sell their gear afterwards to break even or at least mitigate the cost. is it worth buying good gear for lowbie alts? of course it is.

also, good shards are cheap these days. back in the days beaut shards were pro (and also costed 150k-200k each) now, i've seen flawless citrines for 170k ish.

so if you see a 7x w/ calam +7 and full flawlesses, and the player denies any cash shopping, i'd believe it.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Maddieson - Sanctuary
    Maddieson - Sanctuary Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Not all cash shoppers actually refine. I certainly spend at least 10$+ on this game per month and you don't see me running around with +7 gear.
    It's not my job to shut you down on a suggestion. It's a pleasure, though.
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    and no theres nothing wrong with cash shopping, but I do get annoyed at hyper noobs(theres plenty non hyper non cash shop noobs too though)

AGREED 10000000% lol!
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I don't charge, WTS> 21K tokens.

Waitlolwhat?
This discussion has been closed.