Will Demon Spark be Nerfed?

Comments

• StormChaos - Heavens Tear
    StormChaos - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    and yes rumor/gossip but most they do on CN we usually get here too.

We only get the bad stuff.

O for a working arena etc etc and tournie being brought back
  • oyamajio
    oyamajio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Personaly i don't give a damn about any nerfing but u all have to admit there is something wrong with this picture : a BM gets to the boss in nirvana hits a normal attack + tripple spark macro and just tells everyone else (if there is anyone else ) to go get coffe or something for the next 5 min

Now i am no expert in all the classes of this game but seing something like that u realy start thinking about rolling a bm yourself
    Would be kinda funny actualy eventualy PWI will be full of lvl 100 BM's with interval gear

The last time I checked people were complaining about veno soloing TT?FB. The last time I checked people were looking for archer instead of bm in TT/FB. The last time I checked people were always looking for barbs for tanking in TTs/FBs. They resort to bms only when they can't find other classes. But now you're complaining about the class that was tossed away? Well, now the game has advanced a little bit further. New stuffs have come up so things have changed a little bit. Who knows there may be new contents/expansion that allows barbs to have twice current hp, lol
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    If demon spark were to be nerfed in PWI, there would be a huge outcry from a vast number of players, ranging from heavy cash shoppers who built their entire character around using demon spark to maximise their DPS and make them player/mob killing machines to the simple generic archer who went demon because demon spark is equally as godly for them.

Now a lot of players have quit this game and PWE haven't blinked an eye. Why would they? They still have their cash shopping players and people decked out in $$$$ armor, they don't need to care about the more generic population saying buh-bye if it doesn't bring in their cash.

If they were to nerf the demon spark they would find a lot of players who have paid relatively large amounts of money to level their TBs and go demon, or deck out their BM and restat it to fists, or go use claws on their archer - they would all complain. A great deal of players would quit at the nerf because they really do rely on their demon spark to get things done - soloing instances with perma-spark would be made impossible, for example.

The simple threat of all these people who bring in a great deal of revenue for the company leaving and not spending again would be enough to make PWE reconsider the nerf, if not remove of it entirely. I say this because, while packs made people quit, they encouraged the heavy CSers to stay because these players would profit from the packs as much as the company did. The demon spark nerf profits no players but hurts many, different to the packs whether you want to believe it or not. I honestly don't think it would be permanently implemented into PWI for this very reason.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Main thing from the BM side, is the speed buff would be rendered useless if lowered below 25% on spark. We already HAVE a 20% speed buff skill, so if they lower it at least give the option to take the useless new add, or let us have the sage spark add instead. And 50% extra weapon damage does not cut it for making it up.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • skyxiii
    skyxiii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Lol I love demon spark's IAS. I've always wanted to be the fastest attacker in the game. Didn't care much for anything else. This is the way it was in D2.

But in all honesty, once one reaches 5aps it's pretty ridiculous. Like someone mentioned before, it kind of breaks the game. Those videos that display 5 APSers soloing TT runs in a matter of minutes show us their potential ~ no other builds can really do this ~ you can stack as much -channeling as you want.
    I haven't checked the nirvana fist/claw bonuses, but I do know a sin can get 5 APS without any sparks/speed buffs and just through -interval gear. Couple that with sage spark and you're attacking 5 times per second on a boss with 25% damage reduction.
    But hey, you don't even need 5aps to permatriple spark. 4 will do it =\.

IJS, there are many ways to reach 5APS now without Demon IAS.
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Can a barb using axes manage to get to 4 aps? :<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I heard they will remove Demon Spark attack speed buff, but also lower the cap to 3 atk/sec.

So all in all, it's not THAT bad, people who stacked -interval a lot will still have the fastest attainable by having (nearly) 3 atk/sec.

If it was only cap lowered there would be MORE cries because demon spark attack speed buff would be rendered useless by those heavy geared ones who already have 3 atk/sec unbuffed.

Now only thing left is if they plan to add another buff to demon spark instead of -interval. Like, 25% more damage. That would make it kinda awesome actually and nobody would have to cry about anymore.
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • skyxiii
    edited April 2010
    Can a barb using axes manage to get to 4 aps? :<

Not but using claws he can and solo 3-3 in minutes b:sad. I think someone calculated that fist barb can out DPS fist bm because of poison buff rofl.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    how about just nerfing assassin demon triple spark.
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    skyxiii wrote: »
    Not but using claws he can and solo 3-3 in minutes b:sad. I think someone calculated that fist barb can out DPS fist bm because of poison buff rofl.

No.

noimage.jpg
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Most of the expensive interval gear comes from the cash shop. If they nerf demon spark then there is less reason to get this gear and so it costs them money. Thus they will never nerf demon spark, just like they will never fix flesh ream.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited April 2010
    No.

noimage.jpg

fail link
    D:
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    So that means with -int gear, I can't get perma spark with zerk axes? :<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Most of the expensive interval gear comes from the cash shop. If they nerf demon spark then there is less reason to get this gear and so it costs them money. Thus they will never nerf demon spark, just like they will never fix flesh ream.
    Read my above post plox.

I heard they also plan to reduce cap to 3 atk/sec. And read my post and see why it would be nearly same effect as now.

Also many people will get raged and that new demon to sage boutique item introduced = tons of $$$$

Don't underestimate greedy PW b:chuckle
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Read my above post plox.

I heard they also plan to reduce cap to 3 atk/sec. And read my post and see why it would be nearly same effect as now.

Also many people will get raged and that new demon to sage boutique item introduced = tons of $$$$

Don't underestimate greedy PW b:chuckle

Sounds like a rumor just like making fists BM only.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited April 2010

("')(o.o)
    me still push for this
    leave teh bm and archer triple spark alone
    assassins balance out with their ridiculously massive chi building ability.
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited April 2010

+1. Just nerf assassin's completely, its gotta be due soon b:chuckle.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Dioica - Sanctuary
    Dioica - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I'm honestly surprised they haven't removed all the ways to earn skills in-game yet.

It would be such a money maker if you had no choice but to buy tokens or skill packs from the boutique.

No, when people have no hope, they will not play. Where cash shop becomes a requirement, they lose potential customers. They make their biggest profits where cash shop is an optional boost and where people that have lives need to use cash shop to catch up with people that can play all day every day.

They do make profits in other ways, of course, but locking out their free players, or requiring them to collect gold before they can advance will knock out most of their customer base.

And for balancing demon spark and -interval gear, I imagine they can do that in ways that do not involve skill nerfs.

Edit: Specifically, they can do things to make skill be useful, since -interval gear does nothing for skills. And they can also open up new higher danger areas to give people new challenges.
  • skyxiii
    edited April 2010
    No what? You post doesn't say much.
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    No what? You post doesn't say much.

No, because poison fang < fist mastery.

/your reason for fist barb
  • Themax - Heavens Tear
    Themax - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I'm sure as soon as they come up with an excuse to remove all the ways other than tokens they will.

They are in no position to consider anything , player base of PWI reducing drastically. Servers not even close to what they were a year ago , PWI living it's last days, of course it will exist as a game, and there will be people playing it. Will it be a popular game? No , absolutely not.

Why come up with new ways to make money off of half dead zombie game? If anything , they should easy it up on the existing players. Fact is , despite PWI advertisement saying tens of millions bla bla ... playing our game. On PW China maybe , but not on PWI , same faces on forum , same faces on server.

So PWI Staff ! Love your existing player base , listen to them and most of all take it easy on prices b:cuteb:victory

Not ranting, just thinking outloud I suppose , I just remember what this game use to be a year ago or so.

Edit: Any businessperson can tell you , that it is much easier to take care of the existing customers than trying to attract new ones, I wish PWI could actually understand that. No one seems to be listening to players in this game.
    Inactive on HT

Rerolled on HL
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    No, because poison fang < fist mastery.

/your reason for fist barb

Poison Fang + Strength of the Titans = Fist Mastery.

From what I can tell, fist barbs' main advantages over fist BMs are the larger HP pool and the ability to Invoke. In other words, they can survive things that a fist BM can't.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Poison Fang + Strength of the Titans = Fist Mastery.

From what I can tell, fist barbs' main advantages over fist BMs are the larger HP pool and the ability to Invoke. In other words, they can survive things that a fist BM can't.

That's 2 assumption:

1. This barb can still use an axe/hammer etc to use his skills
    2. This barb has pretty high refined armor to make up for the mass vit loss

Barbs have no business having fists/claws.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    One of my guildies is a barb who uses fists/claws for the lulz. I think he has 4 APS (with demon spark) at the moment. His build is a bit wonky but it allows him to use both GX and Deicide. It makes for awesome TT/HH, bosses die fast when he demon sparks, demon Beastial Onslaught and 4 APS with Deicide.

Maybe for PvP it may not be the best, but it hasn't really effected his tanking ability much, he doesn't die often.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • skyxiii
    edited April 2010
    Lol um, you need to re-read my post before you get all hot and aggro.
    First off, I stated specifically I heard it from somewhere. I read it on the forums, it's not my reasoning nor my claim. Do not come at me as if I were responsible for that piece of information.

Secondly, I did not state it as a reason for being a fist barb. I was simply pointing out the fact that a barb on here has calculated that he out-dpses a fist bm, and he has videos.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    One of my guildies is a barb who uses fists/claws for the lulz. I think he has 4 APS (with demon spark) at the moment. His build is a bit wonky but it allows him to use both GX and Deicide. It makes for awesome TT/HH, bosses die fast when he demon sparks, demon Beastial Onslaught and 4 APS with Deicide.

Maybe for PvP it may not be the best, but it hasn't really effected his tanking ability much, he doesn't die often.

And to me that's what is wrong with this game. Such a drastic difference in build then what is intended shouldn't give a better benefit.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    And to me that's what is wrong with this game. Such a drastic difference in build then what is intended shouldn't give a better benefit.

Not to mention I know a barb that has 5 aps with demon spark. It's just OP.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • skyxiii
    edited April 2010

I agree that it's wrong, but when you say barbs have no business with fist/claw, you really should search the forums for that one barb who has posted videos of him with 5APS and using +7 deicide to solo twilight. I don't even think his charm ticks on the first boss.

Broken? Kinda yea. No business? Probably not - I mean I've seen what they can do. I'm pretty sure that barb would own any of us in PvP too.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    I agree that it's wrong, but when you say barbs have no business with fist/claw, you really should search the forums for that one barb who has posted videos of him with 5APS and using +7 deicide to solo twilight. I don't even think his charm ticks on the first boss.

Broken? Kinda yea. No business? Probably not - I mean I've seen what they can do. I'm pretty sure that barb would own any of us in PvP too.

The game shouldn't allow it as that's not even remotely close to what a barb's job in this game (nor archer). When you can take a copy of a BM build and put it onto another class and it works better then the intended build, the game is broken end of story. b:bye
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• skyxiii
    edited April 2010
    The game shouldn't allow it as that's not even remotely close to what a barb's job in this game (nor archer). When you can take a copy of a BM build and put it onto another class and it works better then the intended build, the game is broken end of story. b:bye

Yeah I agree completely.

But what I'm trying to say is that since it's there, people who can abuse it will want to.

Now what's all this talk about capping APS at 3 x3?