Animal Form

Comments

• Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    ya........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • TheFire - Lost City
    TheFire - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i really dont see why this hasent gone through yet.pw would make a lot of money if thay just looked at this thread
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I WANT TO BELIEVE!

...I just wanted to say that. And in a coherent sentence: Please make this a reality! b:surrender

...cookies
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • Pwnwolf - Lost City
    Pwnwolf - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    *bump*

Also why can't gm's make the different type of animal as a skin bought in the cash shop, you wear it like fashion. They charge like 5 gold each. Heck maybe u can even die the colors, but making it like a new fash is how they can make money, and they make us happy because we get to look they way we should

PLZ GM'S CONSIDER THIS b:laugh
  • adasam
    adasam Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Even if making the skins and everything would cost lots of money, they'd make much more money than they ever spent after they released them. Pretty much every single cash - shopping barb and veno levels 9+ would buy them straight away. I totally support this.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I'm starting to get the hang of this forum thingy. Here are some people who helped me to do so.

-Konari

-BeingHope

-Lairian
  • Lycan_Knight - Dreamweaver
    Lycan_Knight - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    omg Another one jeez. ok. yes it would be cool, but think. all our stuff is from pw china. the tiger is a symbol of something for Chinese. not just some play toy

If your going to complain about the forum being made several times over, don't even bother posting -.-

and secondly, as it said in the topics thing, it was redesigned to fit north america. a completely different branch of the game, what stops it from keeping a bit of reality like a wolf form for the lycans, a cat/rabbit/demon wolf [for the bat/demon venos cuz the tail wouldn't look right on the bats.] forms? -.-

also, i enjoy seeing threads like this. lol makes me happy to see that i aint the only one wishing for things to change in the games. heck i posted to one that stopped being noticed back in 2008 about this only a week ago and it jump started back to life...but then died again cuz of ppl like Garivald >.>
  • Khalfani - Harshlands
    Khalfani - Harshlands Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    tiger2.jpg

WHY THE HELL NOT?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=459842
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    *bump*
    lets have it!
    i wanna be a badass veno kitty!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Khalfani - Harshlands
    Khalfani - Harshlands Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Bump, come make it now!~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=459842
  • Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I support the idea, it would add much more variety to the game. Besides, it isn't that hard to do. If they had the time for tideborn, they can easily make a small change like that.

It would be a much better idea than just adding some pointless packs to the game all the time.

Having said that, I seriously doubt that a dev would even consider it. They never make changes to the game unless it brings them money. Besides, we've had true form for a long time already, so they're just too lazy to change it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mingan - Raging Tide
    Mingan - Raging Tide Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The true form of a wolf is a .... tiger?! :( i want my REALLY true form.
    Only tigers are boring.. so pls add a bit more variety :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oh sweet insanity...
  • Chloris - Harshlands
    Chloris - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Totaly agree!!
  • Kittyvenus - Heavens Tear
    Kittyvenus - Heavens Tear Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I support this.
    But, what about Venos?
    Will we be able to transform to our real form too? And what about bat Venos?
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Sticky this one too? >.> Please
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    True form is a WHITE tiger, not just tiger.
    And here is why:

http://www.onmarkproductions.com/html/ssu-ling.shtml

WEST - THE WHITE TIGER
    Jpn = Byakko 白虎, Chn = Baihu. Guards Buddha teachings and mankind; observes world with clairvoyance; corresponds to the season fall, the color white, wind, the element metal, and the virtue righteousness. Says Donald Mackenzie: "The White Tiger of the West, for instance, is associated with metal. When, therefore, metal is placed in a grave, a ceremonial connection with the tiger god is effected. According to the Chinese Annals of Wu and Yueh, three days after the burial of the king, the essence of the element metal assumed the shape of a white tiger and crouched down on the top of the grave. Here the tiger is a protector - a preserver. As we have seen, white jade was used when the Tiger god of the West was worshipped; it is known as 'tiger jade;' a tiger was depicted on the jade symbol. To the Chinese the tiger was the king of all animals and lord of the mountains, and the tiger-jade ornament was specially reserved for commanders of armies. The male tiger was, among other things, the god of war, and in this capacity it not only assisted the armies of the emperors, but fought the demons that threatened the dead in their graves."

So, lets keep the white tiger as the True form. Same goes with the fox for venos. IT is based on chinese folk stories.

The untammed race is the only race that retains any hints of the original lore of the game, and the only race with a direct link to chinese mythology. Lets hope it stays like that.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Myai - Heavens Tear
    Myai - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I'm totally FOR this!

Hey, I stopped reading at page 17 or something, but has anyone thought of using the Kowlin(closer to a human size) as a base for the cat venos instead of the tabbies? And the armored bear/polaris mount for the panda barb just in case the Chinese company is totally against the panda form? Or the reindeer mount for the deer venos instead of the kunkun/antelopes? Oh, and the bats for the venos wouldn't have to be small if we went with bat forms instead of that demon form, we could make the bats bigger, maybe taking the base from other flying mobs so that the bat venos wouldn't become like "total pk-proof" and be more click-able?

And also:
    True form is a WHITE tiger, not just tiger.
    And here is why:

http://www.onmarkproductions.com/html/ssu-ling.shtml

WEST - THE WHITE TIGER
    Jpn = Byakko 白虎, Chn = Baihu. Guards Buddha teachings and mankind; observes world with clairvoyance; corresponds to the season fall, the color white, wind, the element metal, and the virtue righteousness. Says Donald Mackenzie: "The White Tiger of the West, for instance, is associated with metal. When, therefore, metal is placed in a grave, a ceremonial connection with the tiger god is effected. According to the Chinese Annals of Wu and Yueh, three days after the burial of the king, the essence of the element metal assumed the shape of a white tiger and crouched down on the top of the grave. Here the tiger is a protector - a preserver. As we have seen, white jade was used when the Tiger god of the West was worshipped; it is known as 'tiger jade;' a tiger was depicted on the jade symbol. To the Chinese the tiger was the king of all animals and lord of the mountains, and the tiger-jade ornament was specially reserved for commanders of armies. The male tiger was, among other things, the god of war, and in this capacity it not only assisted the armies of the emperors, but fought the demons that threatened the dead in their graves."

So, lets keep the white tiger as the True form. Same goes with the fox for venos. IT is based on chinese folk stories.

The untammed race is the only race that retains any hints of the original lore of the game, and the only race with a direct link to chinese mythology. Lets hope it stays like that.

I went to your link, and let me just quote a part from that link...
    White Tiger (Kirin) = West, Fall, White, Metal
    Ok, two things I caught in that text: 1)Kirin? So what, the giant Kirin rides we have are what? Dragons, right? So if their white tigers where so important, then why are the Kirins dragons instead? 2)Metal? So if the tigers should have the metal element, then why is it that the winged elves have this element instead? Shouldn't the winged elves be associated with the fire element since they fly and so do phoenixes, which are also the holders of the South? And then shouldn't humans be water since they live in the North? Players shouldn't even have the wood element then, since Archosaur is in the East and there are no starter cities there. Oh, and now with the Tideborns, shouldn't THEY be fire since they now hold the South or something?

My point is, the game isn't ruled by mythology, it's also ruled by what gaming/gamers need. Like, you couldn't just ban the wood element from players since there are no East starter cities. And we couldn't all be riding on only giant tortoises, white tigers, red birds and dragons. I'm also certain that the reindeer have nothing to do with their culture/mythology, deer yes, reindeer no. Including polar bears, panthers, DINOSAURS(raptor ride and Archosaur), Hell Hounds, giant flying swords, mantas, fish people, elves, blood thirsty monsters, gothic clothes, punk clothes, swimsuits, vampire clothes, the western(aka: American, English, French, Italian, German, etc) dresses.

And of course, the basic teachings of Buddhism, where you're taught to not be obsessive with earning material things *cough*money*cough*, and also how you're supposed to always take other people's ideas into consideration. Not to mention that the whole point of the game runs down a big teaching in their culture: pacifism. If you don't know what that means, google it. the whole point of this game is to kill monsters and become stronger right? Ask any real Buddhist and he'd tell you that killing this is against their religion/culture(like most), let alone killing to gain personal things.

In the end, this giant speech that wasn't meant to be this big, is summed down to this: If they've twisted the culture/mythology this much already, then it wouldn't hurt to change it a little more, especially if this twisting it bringing in just a little more of the mythology. Wolves, rabbits, pandas, deer, lions, and cats are all part of the ancient Chinese mythology. If you've brought in a small part of the animal part of their mythology, then you should bring it all in.

@_@
  • arim
    arim Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    True Forms! True Forms! True Forms! True Forms! True Forms! True Forms!

Whoot Whoot!

b:chuckle
  • Shadlez - Lost City
    Shadlez - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    indeed.
    didn't the game intro say it somewhere that venos are evolved from lil animals anyways? what's the harm in bringing out the true forms of all the characters. (Y)

not to mention, in chinese mythology, ANYTHING can become yaojin so long as they are exposed to the required amount of sunlight/moonlight/years. even things like musical instruments and bones.
    :P
  • VonSabrewulf - Harshlands
    VonSabrewulf - Harshlands Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I want werewulf form knows!!!
  • Myai - Heavens Tear
    Myai - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I support this.
    But, what about Venos?
    Will we be able to transform to our real form too? And what about bat Venos?

Well, most people are thinking about venos too when they talk in this thread, although it was originally started for the barbs because venos get full customization from the start, while barbs get hardly anything at all. So, you can pull your answer out of that. ^^

As for bat venos, it was mentioned earlier in the thread that it would be a bat that would normally fly/walk at the height of the player's head and would jump from there but still have to use a level 30 flyer or better to fly. Also, though up earlier, instead of being bat venos, we would be demon venos and our animal form would be a totally new species, different from any pre-existing mob or real life animal.

b:cute
  • YordaUjain - Dreamweaver
    YordaUjain - Dreamweaver Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I still agree with this :P Wolf uses true form...Tiger? wtf!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PLAYING PWI FOR FRIENDS (CHAT) ONLY, NO ZEN CHARGING, NO GAINING GEAR. MOVING TO GUILD WARS 2 UPON LAUNCH WITH FACTION.

Got Dot? Why Not? It PAYS! website.ws/tomujain
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Ok, two things I caught in that text: 1)Kirin? So what, the giant Kirin rides we have are what? Dragons, right?

Kirins are chinese unicorns. No dragons.

Well, didn't read everything here, because most of it is all the same... but yes for true forms.
    As well for barbarians as for venomancers, too. And about bat venos, making them transform into real bats would **** up everything. Better a demonic bat beast, which cannot fly/hover.

EDIT:
    Succubus form instead of bat form, anyone? . . . Though I wouldnt ever play as such a ... beast.
    http://classic.battle.net/war3/images/neutral/screens/screen-succubus.jpg
    edited April 2010
    making them transform into real bats would **** up everything. Better a demonic bat beast, which cannot fly/hover.

Yeah I agree with that too, air true form would be epic fail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PLAYING PWI FOR FRIENDS (CHAT) ONLY, NO ZEN CHARGING, NO GAINING GEAR. MOVING TO GUILD WARS 2 UPON LAUNCH WITH FACTION.

• Emeryl - Lost City
    Emeryl - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Check up the game Blood Roar, all the characters have a animal form, It could be a good font of inspiration.
  • ladyamen
    ladyamen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    so what is with this suggestion, its already here for months or a half year, and nothing changed since then b:cry
    edited April 2010
    ladyamen wrote: »
    so what is with this suggestion, its already here for months or a half year, and nothing changed since then b:cry

Who knows, it might be something they will consider in the next expansion. But I agree, barbs have no indivisibility about them aka they all look the same. This would make up for the highly needed customization for a barb. At least it would give them something that gives them some uniqueness.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• TenaciousVix - Lost City
    TenaciousVix - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Can't really see a big furry panda (who are an endangered species) beating the crud out of a horde of monsters. Otherwise its a good idea xD

OH BUT I CAN! b:laugh
    Make it happen, PWI! If not for the laughs.

My character would be weird, though, if they matched venos with their animal counterparts. I'm a batwing-eared, demon-tailed veno.
  • Calanon - Heavens Tear
    Calanon - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I SUPPORT THIS. FSDFSDFSDF

WOLF TRUE FORM PLZKTHXBAI
    b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Rawr. =3

VOTE for True Forms! b:victory
    >> pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=459842 <<

Imperfect World Series: tinyurl.com/29a4b7v
    Join NOM! PM Me on the PW Forums or in-game for info!
    edited April 2010
    Not like this is going to impale the games atmosphere. China see a tiger as a special creature, but that has nothing to do with the setting of the game, and it's not like we are removing the tiger.

The whole true form is stupid. It's like me having the power of a monkey but turning into a frog. All because frogs are a symbol of peace. It would be more realistic and believable if I turned into a monkey not a frog.

Likewise with barbs, a wolf turning into a tiger is just stupid, regardless of how china see a tiger, and like I said this isn't impaling the game in any way (such as **** marriages).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited April 2010
    Ok, two things I caught in that text: 1)Kirin? So what, the giant Kirin rides we have are what? Dragons, right? So if their white tigers where so important, then why are the Kirins dragons instead? 2)Metal? So if the tigers should have the metal element, then why is it that the winged elves have this element instead? Shouldn't the winged elves be associated with the fire element since they fly and so do phoenixes, which are also the holders of the South? And then shouldn't humans be water since they live in the North? Players shouldn't even have the wood element then, since Archosaur is in the East and there are no starter cities there. Oh, and now with the Tideborns, shouldn't THEY be fire since they now hold the South or something?

My point is, the game isn't ruled by mythology, it's also ruled by what gaming/gamers need. Like, you couldn't just ban the wood element from players since there are no East starter cities. And we couldn't all be riding on only giant tortoises, white tigers, red birds and dragons. I'm also certain that the reindeer have nothing to do with their culture/mythology, deer yes, reindeer no. Including polar bears, panthers, DINOSAURS(raptor ride and Archosaur), Hell Hounds, giant flying swords, mantas, fish people, elves, blood thirsty monsters, gothic clothes, punk clothes, swimsuits, vampire clothes, the western(aka: American, English, French, Italian, German, etc) dresses.

And of course, the basic teachings of Buddhism, where you're taught to not be obsessive with earning material things *cough*money*cough*, and also how you're supposed to always take other people's ideas into consideration. Not to mention that the whole point of the game runs down a big teaching in their culture: pacifism. If you don't know what that means, google it. the whole point of this game is to kill monsters and become stronger right? Ask any real Buddhist and he'd tell you that killing this is against their religion/culture(like most), let alone killing to gain personal things.

In the end, this giant speech that wasn't meant to be this big, is summed down to this: If they've twisted the culture/mythology this much already, then it wouldn't hurt to change it a little more, especially if this twisting it bringing in just a little more of the mythology. Wolves, rabbits, pandas, deer, lions, and cats are all part of the ancient Chinese mythology. If you've brought in a small part of the animal part of their mythology, then you should bring it all in.

I totally agree with this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This discussion has been closed.