Qingzi Advice

Fiolla - Dreamweaver
Fiolla - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
I am level 39, just getting to do the fb29 with a group of my friends. We had me, a level 40 BM, a level 29 barb, a level 29 BM, and a level 31 cleric.

We got through most of the dungeon fairly easily bu employing good tactics, but I have NO FREAKING CLUE how we are suppose to kill Qingzi. He slaughtered my golem in a couple of hits, I never had time to heal him. Is there some sort of secret I'm not aware of. I would think a nearly full party should be able to handle their own quest (we really don't like the thought of needing high levels to do our quest for us).
Post edited by Fiolla - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• The_Forgoten - Lost City
    The_Forgoten - Lost City Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Is there some sort of secret I'm not aware of?

Yes, get a higher lvl squad.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    venos are no match for barbs with clerics.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Fiolla - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    Well, there would only be room for one more person anyways, as well all need the quest. And we don't want high levels doing our quests for us. Since we all have the quest, we feel we should be able to complete it together.

Also, there was a barb and a cleric, and they didn't last much longer.
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Well, there would only be room for one more person anyways, as well all need the quest. And we don't want high levels doing our quests for us. Since we all have the quest, we feel we should be able to complete it together.

Also, there was a barb and a cleric, and they didn't last much longer.

Well, good luck with that. You're really gonna need it. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Fiolla - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    Well, good luck with that. You're really gonna need it. b:surrender

So no one does these quests on their own? Everyone just has higher levels do it for them?
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    So no one does these quests on their own? Everyone just has higher levels do it for them?

Some do their FB with a same level squad, but generally it takes quite a few hours and lots of deaths. It's not really advisable. My FB19 was done with friends, my FB29 a random squad, and my FB39 with some friend's faction mates (random squad I guess).

I'm not saying this in a mean way, it's just that you're in for a really rough time. I'd advise trying to get some of your friends to level up a bit more before you do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • FangJingShan - Lost City
    FangJingShan - Lost City Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    With as low as everyone's level is, you will probably be better off letting the barb tank and having an extra cleric to heal him with. Also, HP Charm would be a good investment to make. With as low as your levels are, you will be likely to get a drop, and if not, then you still have something you accomplished, even if it cost you a lot of money.
  • Ravira - Sanctuary
    Ravira - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    It's easier to tank Qinzi using a ranged pet. His magic ranged damage is a bit less or equal to the physical damage, but he only shoots your pet once ever 4 or 5 seconds, while he gives your pet a hit ever 1 or 2 seconds in melee. Less DPS means it becomes easier to heal pet.
    You could consider an eldergoth marksman (lvl 41 i think) or use a cactopod if you happen to have trained it up from lower lvls. Take off special skill (usually bash or toxic mist if it's cacto) by rightclicking it so he won't auto use it and run to boss where he will receive the melee damage instead of the ranged damage. Then just keep healing it and make it hit boss for a minute or 3, then rest of squad can start punching him if they don't use agro pulling skills.
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Or instead of a ranged pet, tank it yourself (Assuming you have arcane armor). He will stay at range and continually cast earth magic at you.
    Just take it easy with the other dps people, because you will only have your spells to hold agro.

Clerics have always told me its easier to heal doing it this way.
  • Breathe - Lost City
    Breathe - Lost City Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Or instead of a ranged pet, tank it yourself (Assuming you have arcane armor). He will stay at range and continually cast earth magic at you.
    Just take it easy with the other dps people, because you will only have your spells to hold agro.

Clerics have always told me its easier to heal doing it this way.

^ This works, but make sure your arcane armor is balanced (5 elemental resists) before trying this.. as a number of robe people have wayy lower earth res.
  • Lunnark - Sanctuary
    Lunnark - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I am level 39, just getting to do the fb29 with a group of my friends. We had me, a level 40 BM, a level 29 barb, a level 29 BM, and a level 31 cleric.

We got through most of the dungeon fairly easily bu employing good tactics, but I have NO FREAKING CLUE how we are suppose to kill Qingzi. He slaughtered my golem in a couple of hits, I never had time to heal him. Is there some sort of secret I'm not aware of. I would think a nearly full party should be able to handle their own quest (we really don't like the thought of needing high levels to do our quest for us).

First of all : CONGRATULATIONS!
    No mather what other people will say, having a run with players close to the level of the FB is admirable. ( heck, i wish i could've found that party when I was lev 30 or so b:victory).
    I know this way takes longer, and makes the FB run more difficult, but no risk=no gain. Taking some risks with your buddies ---> I am sure that the fun, joy and pleasure will doubled by the feeling of achievement. So good luck!

About the advice part : use a barb as a tank, because your golem is probably not ready for Quingzy. After getting a good barb ( I am still talking about a player close to the level of the squad) use 2 clerics to heal. Will take a lot of iron heart, but it should be fine( btw, they will need plenty of pots). I wasn't there to see what went wrong the first time, so i can't give you a much of an in-depth advice.

I have never tried an arcane tanker, so I won't get into this matter, as I am uncertain. But Breathe is probably right about it! You can try and tank it too.
    But why i wouldn't recommend it, is this : Quingzy deals the same damage, being it physical (for a melee tank) or magical (for a magic tank).

Life 336727
    Physical Attack 953 - 2223
    Magic Attack 953 - 2223

Physical Defence 1481
    Magic Defence :
    Metal: 917
    Wood: 535
    Water: 917
    Fire: 917
    Earth: 1490

Since he deals the same damage, both targets will receive the same amount damage (I am not taking into consideration the Barb's Physical Def or the Veno's Magic Def. because they vary from player to player; since i don't know the Def values of each, I can't calculate. But the Def will play a very important role). So, since both targets receive the same damage=same HP loss, I would choose the one with a bigger HP pool : in this case the barb.
    That's just the way i would go for, but you will see for yourself what goes better.

Cheers!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hataa - Heavens Tear
    Hataa - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Magic casts slower than Melee hits; So in the end you take less damage from the magic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Quinzi can be tanked by robe users who have at least 2500 earth resist. I know I used to tank him on my veno easy when she had the resist and my cleric found it easier to heal as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lunnark - Sanctuary
    Lunnark - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Hataa - Amazing coincidence : I saw that signature about a month or so and i wanted to use too. In the end i preferred to make a signature of my own. But i still like yours! Very Nice!!!

And yes, I omitted the attack speed, which needs to be taken into consideration also!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    Giodia - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Get a mage with stone barrier to tank qingzi....

Heal the mage with cleric.
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Get a mage with stone barrier to tank qingzi....

Heal the mage with cleric.

necroing fails
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • Bai_Qi - Heavens Tear
    Bai_Qi - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    This is so easy u can't imagine. 1 Character over 50 is all u need period. Shall I refrase? 1 Barb over 50 is all u need. take ur friends along for the ride, but let him aggro. U guys assist. Easy.
  • Kalee - Lost City
    Kalee - Lost City Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Try to find 1 or even 2 more venos in the squad to help with healing pet, it would have a greater chance of survival. It might take longer than u would expect but it would most of the time work b:chuckle
  • _Myr_ - Harshlands
    _Myr_ - Harshlands Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    with my old cleric (lvl 92) i was just a merely support as long as i reached fb69 where i was the main healer, and my lvl70 barb the main tank.
    we did it.
    assume that every other fb is meant to be done by someone who has at least 10 level more than fb level.
    so a lvl 40 barb can think to easily tank qingzi for his bh.
    only exception to this is fb19 , we found that lvl20 barb with two cleric can tank the boss.
  • mortie
    mortie Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Killed Qingzi with just a lvl 32 mage and a lvl 31 cleric the other day. It took ages of course, but hey, at least it was easy and we got full drops :)
  • Sko - Harshlands
    Sko - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Not quite as successful as mortie: me and a lvl 27 cleric tried this earlier tonight. we got to qingzi (i died a few times xD) but her heals couldn't quite keep up with qingzi's attacks. Considering that this took us almost two hours for what is otherwise a 15-20 minute(right?) bh, there are definitely more efficient ways to go if your goal is a quick bh.
    buuutt... we had a lot of fun. so really it's up to you to decide what kind of experience you want ingame.
    and like mortie, the drops were better (the mobs anyway, if we'd killed qingzi, he **** well better drop some goods b:laugh )
  • Lythiaana - Dreamweaver
    Lythiaana - Dreamweaver Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Qingzi, from what I have heard, is that he has this speed buff at a certain point when fighting him. His attack speed and attack just goes up for a certain amount of time. I soloed fb 29 today on my 41 veno with my Herc, and noticed that my herc started taking alot more damage a little halfway through his hp. I was constantly healing too.....caused me a slight heart attack b:shocked

Anyways, a lvl 39 golem will have trouble with qingzi. It's best that you get a barb with a cleric at those levels to tank. A veno with a free pet will have trouble tanking unless they have good channeling and equipment to support the healing of their tanking pet.
  • RowtheMighty - Raging Tide
    RowtheMighty - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    beat Qinzi 20+ times and if you have two clerics and 1+ barbs you'll be fine :)
  • Pensieve - Dreamweaver
    Pensieve - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Qingzi does a ranged MAGIC attack so a Cleric or Veno Can tank it in their 40s, but they MUST hold agro and need somoene keeping some heals on them.... So, a Veno has a chance, cleric not so much.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I tanked my own FB 29, and we did it with a squad who's highest member was 40.

Problem with a barb tanking FB 29 (at level 29) is that even with "maxed for level" alacrity of the beast, you can only cancel every other magical attack from qingzi - so every 20 seconds you're getting hit really hard (veno's magmite pet takes it every 20 seconds, and it had really low mdef as well). He's also got a stun to look out for. For a level 29 barb to tank fb29 successfully and without HP charm, you should bring 2 clerics since one or all of the following will apply:

A) the cleric may not have high enough magic stats (many new players try to distribute points evenly without knowing what their effects are)
    B) level of IHB is low, hence the heals arent as strong as they are at upper levels
    C) may still be using lower level weapons (which in turn affect heals also)

Clerics should be competent of course and know what heals to use when (and how to keep mana regenerating). Basically IHB for the main part, but after each magic attack you suffer every 20 seconds, one of them should put one of those "block" heals on you to create a buffer.

----

elsewise get a 4x mage, archer, or cleric to tank it

really no need for high level players to do your FB or BH runs. Thats just bunk. Don't ever let anyone tell you different.. psst.. I'll tell you a secret --- they are telling you this for one of two reasons:

A) they are XP mooches (they want to do your FB for some quick xp, nevermind your drops you'd get if you do it with people your level)
    B) they are bad players who don't know how to do instances with people their own level. Not their fault really, they may have been led astray by the previous wave of high level players who told them it wasn't possible to do with a squad of their level.

Its a vicious cycle really, and many players never learn to play their class properly due to this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Wizards have to tank this, not barbs, although barbs can tank Qingzi but its safer if the wizard does it. In melee range, Qingzi have a dangerous DPS. This makes quicker kills while the wizard only needing 1 cleric.

Your supposed to have at least 3000 earth resistance to actually tank Qingzi because he is weaker at range.
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=e134a01af56aabad <-- and these are just whites / rank gear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I dunno what your talking about I tanked qinqzi on a level 24 barb :o with one cleric and that was the tabber. I neither lost aggro or died or had a hp charm. But grats OP thats a feat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Wizards have to tank this, not barbs, although barbs can tank Qingzi but its safer if the wizard does it. In melee range, Qingzi have a dangerous DPS. This makes quicker kills while the wizard only needing 1 cleric.

Your supposed to have at least 3000 earth resistance to actually tank Qingzi because he is weaker at range.
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=e134a01af56aabad <-- and these are just whites / rank gear

You could probably get a pretty awesome earth res if you hunted up some NPC stuff with just earth resistance (since single res gear has a far higher resistance value for that element). Shard any free sockets with cheap HP shards too and you'd have a wizzy quingzi-tanking-machine.

Cleric does need a decent weapon though, that's pretty important. If it's a stash or fb19 weapon at least shard the best sapphire it can take.
  • StarmanSuper - Harshlands
    StarmanSuper - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2010

How well do you think a psychic with similar resistance could tank Qingzi (since they have white voodoo etc)?
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    You could probably get a pretty awesome earth res if you hunted up some NPC stuff with just earth resistance (since single res gear has a far higher resistance value for that element). Shard any free sockets with cheap HP shards too and you'd have a wizzy quingzi-tanking-machine.

Cleric does need a decent weapon though, that's pretty important. If it's a stash or fb19 weapon at least shard the best sapphire it can take.

Yeah, that could work out too
    How well do you think a psychic with similar resistance could tank Qingzi (since they have white voodoo etc)?

IDK psychics can lose aggro from white voodoo, maybe they can pull it off. But hopefully by then a psychic would be a screenie there. And not overleveled O.O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
This discussion has been closed.