Need help with beating clerics ><

Options
Noob$layer - Heavens Tear
Noob$layer - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Blademaster
it happened me alot that when i duel a cleric, he kite me until will of budhistava wares off
and then sleep and hit me for like 6k dmg, then i got 1k hp left so even if i use aura they will one shot me after that..
i try stun them while they r kiting me but when i get close to them and press drake bash
it doesnt do that skill cause they r already out of range..
anyone know how do i win kiting clerics? ><
Post edited by Noob$layer - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Run past them slightly and use Roar instead of Drake Bash to open. That or you can use occult ice. Even drake bash should work though... you run twice as fast as they do, don't just hold down your button, but learn how to compensate for server lag.

There's other ways to go about it too... genie skills etc. But you can figure that out on your own...
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Umm... clerics are easy. Magic Marrow Occult Ice + smash buttons... as long as you can avoid their sleep, they're pretty much one trick ponies. If you get slept, balance or absolute domain when you see tempest channeling.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Why do people like to start with Bash -_-? I always start with Roar. Roar's got a range so you don't have to be right on top of them to have it work.

If you have Balance, don't use magic marrow. Every Cleric and their mother's going to sleep you, debuff, spark, Tempest/Wield Thunder. Wait for them to sleep and debuff you, then use Balance when they start to channel and start spamming Smack. They'll hit you for around 50 and you'll wake up to seal them. Then leap, Roar, ???, profit.

You can also get Heart of Steel and start the fight with magic marrow on, but resisting the damage won't wake you up. So if your Cleric's smart enough, s/he'll wait for that to wear off. If they are not experienced, they might Plumeshot you and wake you up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Starchief - Sanctuary
    Starchief - Sanctuary Posts: 606 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Why start with bash or roar, just run in with will and faceroll on yer keyboard, any non super cashed out cleric should die, works for me anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    With the replies about genie skills, you think clerics can't do that too? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
    edited April 2010
    Options
    With the replies about genie skills, you think clerics can't do that too? b:chuckle

Use... Balance or Heart of Steel on you....? O_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    If the cleric manages to kite out of Roar range when you hit it: you lose chi, skill goes into cooldown, stun no one, and even if the stun hits, they need to be closed in on further reducing the time of useful stun gained from it. The main reason to use Bash over it, is it won't cost anything unless it hits. It will vary which is best to lead with depending on the target's playstyle mostly.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
    edited April 2010
    Options
    If the cleric manages to kite out of Roar range when you hit it: you lose chi, skill goes into cooldown, stun no one, and even if the stun hits, they need to be closed in on further reducing the time of useful stun gained from it. The main reason to use Bash over it, is it won't cost anything unless it hits. It will vary which is best to lead with depending on the target's playstyle mostly.

It's a Cleric, not a Mage. The only way they can get out fast enough is Holypath. I've had Bash wasted too when they run out as I cast and it won't stun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

o noes
    them clerics be learning!
    Dx
    *sees clerics flying around with True emptiness*
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Options
    It's a Cleric, not a Mage. The only way they can get out fast enough is Holypath. I've had Bash wasted too when they run out as I cast and it won't stun.

They can get out of range due to how Roar works. The target just needs to be anywhere in the range, and it will start channeling. And trying to get them right in the middle, or get a bit ahead of them is going to waste time. Add even a little lag, and they can get out of range of a RotP. Never had a Bash fail on the stun though, even when the target has moved out of range.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

• King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    draw blood is not the best skill but it tricks most clerics to stop running to purify/IH. the bleed icon brings them bad memories about a certain flaming bird...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
    edited April 2010
    Options
    draw blood is not the best skill but it tricks most clerics to stop running to purify/IH. the bleed icon brings them bad memories about a certain flaming bird...

LOL. I have DB in my stun combo anyways. Would be so funny to see them stop and purify. b:laugh
    They can get out of range due to how Roar works. The target just needs to be anywhere in the range, and it will start channeling. And trying to get them right in the middle, or get a bit ahead of them is going to waste time. Add even a little lag, and they can get out of range of a RotP. Never had a Bash fail on the stun though, even when the target has moved out of range.

I usually run next to them and Roar. When they run without HP, it'll stun them before they get out of range. But if I'm next to them and try to Bash, it's a lot easier to get out of range. Bash has failed me quite a few times when they either HP out of the way and you see the dragon goes through them as they get away and doesn't stun. It happened more often when Wiz leaps out of the way as I Bash.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kristoph - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    How is Roar a waste of time? Even if you do need to use 1-2 seconds to move up to them afterwards... they're still going to be screwed for the next 14 seconds unless they have domain, badge of courage or your occult ice fails.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I usually run next to them and Roar. When they run without HP, it'll stun them before they get out of range. But if I'm next to them and try to Bash, it's a lot easier to get out of range. Bash has failed me quite a few times when they either HP out of the way and you see the dragon goes through them as they get away and doesn't stun. It happened more often when Wiz leaps out of the way as I Bash.

Might be the mechanic of their TP interfering with the mechanic taking effect, isolating it to a problem with wizzie, bm, or 'sin targets likely. The ones I started using it on to prevent runners didn't use any TP skills, so Bash always caught them is my guess. Also, Bash has the benefit of hitting a bit farther away than getting close enough to guarantee a Roar.

On this particular topic, it depends again on what the cleric does. Often they will take time to Plume Shell as you get near them. If they stand still to do that when I get close, I have enough time to safely Roar them during the aftercast downtime without them getting out, as they typically plan to stand and fight while it is active. If they pot or start to move, I usually use Bash and use the first stun sequence to build chi if they don't die outright. Without Shell they don't survive whichever stun order you go in.

If they sleep early, I'm pretty happy about that. Unless they have some nice end game weapon, they just stated they won't be killing ya that go around. I remember PK'ing on my old cleric main, and sleep was used to set up for spiking past charm with a tempest, or a sparked Wield. CS-heavy clerics will require more caution, but run of the mill ones need to hold on to sleep until your health is low enough, and that makes them predictable at times for when to TE.

And Roar isn't a waste, but the time of the stun not being used to attack is wasting the stun itself. And time in general, which might be at a premium depending on the surrounding situation.

• Noob$layer - Heavens Tear
    Noob$layer - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    guys its duel.. no genies aloud..
    and they dont use plume shell they just kite me until will of bodhistava wares off and then sleep and 1 or 2 shot me.. i got nothing to do
  • SassySis - Lost City
    SassySis - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Clerics have a much greater advantage in duels then in open PvP. Duels are more controlled and as such there is more time to think and more options for skill usage. This is more so since a Cleric can start from the range they need to seal, debuff, kite, etc. Clerics can easily be "ganked" in open PvP by a Bm if they do not know what they are doing or any class since there is more of a surprise factor.
    My specialty is being right when other people are wrong.
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

Funny you should say... yesterday I was fighting this cleric. Afterwards I happened to look at his genie and he had occult ice on it and his genie had 3 str.....

silly clerics.
    edited April 2010
    Options
    and they dont use plume shell they just kite me until will of bodhistava wares off and then sleep and 1 or 2 shot me.. i got nothing to do

Dueling a cleric is stupid. Whatever "progress" you gain on taking them down doesn't mean anything unless you lock them and finish in one go. Get them down to 5% and they can sleep and heal then it's all over again. In the mean time, you are "not allowed to heal" so they can even punch you, self heal, punch you, repeat and eventually win.
    Funny you should say... yesterday I was fighting this cleric. Afterwards I happened to look at his genie and he had occult ice on it and his genie had 3 str.....

silly clerics.

I've always wondered why not many casters use Occult Ice (the ones that don't hax with Expel). It seems like a good skill to use for kitting away and/or cast ults.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kristoph - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Dueling a cleric is stupid. Whatever "progress" you gain on taking them down doesn't mean anything unless you lock them and finish in one go. Get them down to 5% and they can sleep and heal then it's all over again. In the mean time, you are "not allowed to heal" so they can even punch you, self heal, punch you, repeat and eventually win.

I've always wondered why not many casters use Occult Ice (the ones that don't hax with Expel). It seems like a good skill to use for kitting away and/or cast ults.
    Because STR genies are terrible for magic users generally. Either you get a bunch of skills like domain and holy path and make it a high vit/mag genie, so you can use skills more often which you need for survival or you drop a lot in dex for skills like windshield, extreme poison and badge of courage.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    how is a cleric hard o.o

it's a duel.. if you lose as a bm in a duel you are doing something wrong.

red sprint w/ magic marrow up to them and lions roar.. proceed to use cyclone heel and continue stun lock. if they have plume barrier up and seeing as it's a duel they will have no mp shortly and then die. if you don't kill them before the 42 seconds of continual of stun lock is up you might as well quit. if you don't know how to stun lock you have over 9000 skills that slow a person. slow cleric + slow = slow.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    @ devoted clerics have skills up their sleeves, its like your saying clerics are underpowered. They just have tricks up their sleeves, not hard to win. Its just that those clerics was quicker than the BMs. Its a matter of speed. Clerics can slow people too, + freeze and have sleep.

Not the Balance ofc not xD, BM only skill...
    Heart of steel all can learn, but kinda pointless there
    Clerics can use rainbow blessing which can add crit or faster channeling.
    Occult ice is learned by anyone and on top of that , clerics have their own freeze skill that is 100% chance too, its called silent seal.
    Absolute domain, again, learned by anyone.

Your just wasting genie stamina and energy bro
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

edited April 2010
    Options
    Ok... them using those doesn't stop Balance or Heart of Steel saving you from the damage. So your point is..?

Your just wasting genie stamina and energy bro

My bad. I try to save it for the competitiveness of killing mobs, but it's just so tempting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Sinense - Sanctuary
    Sinense - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

That is true for a duel where you talk with each other ahead of time and agree about no genies.

That is totally not true for a duel which starts with a duel invite and no agreements on rules. In those duels I will spam health potions just to annoy silly people.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Ok... them using those doesn't stop Balance or Heart of Steel saving you from the damage. So your point is..?

Clerics can use wind shield + plume shell to greatly lessen damage while consuming a lot less MP.

Heart of steel may help you against metal attacks, but they can use non-metal attack spells too.

Oh, I forgot the freeze and elemental seal combo.

If your only relying on genies to beat clerics, then thats silly.

My bad. I try to save it for the competitiveness of killing mobs, but it's just so tempting.

haha :P I only use my genies for PVE anyways b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

edited April 2010
    Options
    Oh noes, Plume Shot b:cry.

Whatever the f*** the Cleric decide to use on the genie, it doesn't change the fact that when you are slept, debuffed and the cleric double spark to Wield Thunder, your genie can save you from taking massive amount of damage... Did I say your genie will win it for you? You don't "rely" on your genie; you'll need your Smack (oh right, Smack requires level more than twice as high as you are) and your leaps on top of stuns.

And using genie for PvE is not a waste of stam? Oh noes, da mob iz about to pwn me, quick Barmble Rage him! Or do you only feel safe to use genie against something that won't use their own genie skill? Because that's your logic behind not using genie against Clerics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    seal leap stunlock hit bolshi stunlock again and chuckle as they Q.Q

its a duel there are no charms = stuns are horribly OP
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Plume Shell +Chromatic Seal +Plume Shot + Wield Thunder = owned.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lol@using plume shot after sleep.

You do that and then no BM with half a brain is gonna let you finish channeling WT because they'll run right up to you and /faceroll. Suddenly you're out of MP, have no HP, and they're laughing at you for being stupid enough to use a physical skill against a heavy armor class.
  • Orlyqq - Lost City
    Orlyqq - Lost City Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You should try using stuns, I heard they are semi useful.
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Plume Shell +Chromatic Seal +Plume Shot + Wield Thunder = owned.

ROFL. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]