Need help with beating clerics ><

2»

Comments

• MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ROFL. b:laugh

I don't pk but I do imagine it would work recasting all the time.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I don't pk but I do imagine it would work recasting all the time.

This is part of your problem.

The other part is that you're completely and totally wrong.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Oh noes, Plume Shot b:cry.

Whatever the f*** the Cleric decide to use on the genie, it doesn't change the fact that when you are slept, debuffed and the cleric double spark to Wield Thunder, your genie can save you from taking massive amount of damage... Did I say your genie will win it for you? You don't "rely" on your genie; you'll need your Smack (oh right, Smack requires level more than twice as high as you are) and your leaps on top of stuns.

And using genie for PvE is not a waste of stam? Oh noes, da mob iz about to pwn me, quick Barmble Rage him! Or do you only feel safe to use genie against something that won't use their own genie skill? Because that's your logic behind not using genie against Clerics.

You probably use more genie skills than me, I just use damage absorption and heal from genie. After some time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    truekossy wrote: »
    This is part of your problem.

The other part is that you're completely and totally wrong.

This did happen to me once on my BM vs a Cleric and he put me to sleep and was able to beat me.I don't see how I am wrong.
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    This did happen to me once on my BM vs a Cleric and he put me to sleep and was able to beat me.I don't see how I am wrong.

You are wrong in that you are waking them up with the weakest hit. Since sleep is long, you generally want to hit them with the biggest one you got. A popular one is sleep>debuff>spark>Wield Thunder/Tempest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • drigan
    drigan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Was curious if this may be helpful cos i saw a barb do this once to a cleric... Try the genie skill searing heat? It slows down channeling and attack speed (not sure about movement) and uses like 30-40ish energy so u could spam it 2-3 times with a default genie not including ur recovery rate. I think it last 9 seconds? It might help cos they'll have to be stationary to cast anything on you or heal and BAM!

Also, i have lvl1 shadowless kick, MAYBE just maybe if ur good at micro managing ur BM you could switch quick to bare fist (dont even need fist weapon) to just use lvl 1 shadowless kick to cancel something like tempist then switch back to axes. And if you use searing flame the channeling would take longer and give u extra reaction time counter it with kick.

Just an idea for a different approach. Maybe even try incorporating those ideas with the others. :)
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    You are wrong in that you are waking them up with the weakest hit. Since sleep is long, you generally want to hit them with the biggest one you got. A popular one is sleep>debuff>spark>Wield Thunder/Tempest.

I wouldn't use Tempest Thunder Ball maybe.
  • SassySis - Lost City
    SassySis - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Uninstall please b:shocked

/dblefacepalm
    My specialty is being right when other people are wrong.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited April 2010

...... I feel ashamed I started as a cleric suddenly. Worst part was seeing Mystimonk's first posts, but to not have gained skill since then? Especially considering in-depth posts on pvp, order to use skills, and how to use them were posted on the forum during that time as well.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Uninstall please b:shocked

/dblefacepalm

Why waste the spark wield thnunder is practically enough?

To Telarith I don't what you are talking about.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Why waste the spark wield thnunder is practically enough?

To Telarith I don't what you are talking about.
    They're pointing out the fact that you're an idiot.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Angels_joy - Heavens Tear
    Angels_joy - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    But what if this cleric is experienced in taking down higher lvl'd and better equipped BM's?

What if this cleric jumps around while kiting, so you stun him in the air?

What if this cleric has a genie too, with domain, expel and tree of protection?

What if this cleric is a high vit build with 5.5K hp unbuffed?

What if this cleric is me b:chuckle
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    delete
  • Angels_joy - Heavens Tear
    Angels_joy - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I don't think so and that is kind of harsh don't you think as the poster above said.It is our jops to keep you how can you alive if we can't keep ourselves alive.

can anyone translate this plz? b:surrender
  • truekossy
    edited April 2010
    Sometimes when I see the sheer stupidity in some of Mysti's posts, I have to wonder if we're all just being trolled.

I mean, I can understand the general stupid things s/he said and defended early on as a newbie... but now? With al the time that's passed since then, all the new guides, facts, and constant flow of information?

Maybe we're all just getting trolled really well... b:surrender
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited April 2010

You had me until this. Good troll, but suggesting to use Thunder Ball OVER TEMPEST in PvP/Duels is just too obvious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    truekossy wrote: »
    Sometimes when I see the sheer stupidity in some of Mysti's posts, I have to wonder if we're all just being trolled.

I mean, I can understand the general stupid things s/he said and defended early on as a newbie... but now? With al the time that's passed since then, all the new guides, facts, and constant flow of information?

Maybe we're all just getting trolled really well... b:surrender

RoFL.I wouldn't be trolling if I didn't play the class now would I as I do.I don't post in every class forum only those that I play constantly.What new guides are those and facts as well as all the constant new information where are they?
  • truekossy
    edited April 2010
    RoFL.I wouldn't be trolling if I didn't play the class now would I as I do.
    Wait what? So you would not troll if you did not play the class as you do.... So you basically just admitted you're trolling everyone? I wonder why I bothered reading your post beyond that... I must have a thing for talking to brick walls.
    I don't post in every class forum only those that I play constantly.
    Nobody ever said you posted in every class forum, so I have no idea why you even brought this up. Trying to defend yourself from a claim that was never made not only makes you look suspicious and/or guilty... but in cases like this, it kinda makes you look... well... stupid.
    What new guides are those and facts as well as all the constant new information where are they?
    .... Please tell me this is a joke. Please? We have a wiki, tons of new information dispersed in various topics, many theories being proven and disproven, edits and correction to existing guides, and we have a bloody search button so you can find facts about most anything relatively easily... and you're asking what new facts and where information can be found?
    Can someone remind me why I moved past Mysti admitting to being a troll? Am I just some sort of **** who doesn't realize it yet or something? b:cry
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    I said I am not a Troll PERIOD as I have been posting on message boards since 2004.I have never ever been told I am troll.Trolls are someone who doesn't play the class or game.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I said I am not a Troll PERIOD as I have been posting on message boards since 2004.I have never ever been told I am troll.Trolls are someone who doesn't play the class or game.

thought it was a troll the 1st post i saw but after a while...nope sadly mysti is really this dumb

we can only hope the peoples like this digress farther and become accidental trolls meeting the banhammer of evolution darwin ftw
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    thought it was a troll the 1st post i saw but after a while...nope sadly mysti is really this dumb

we can only hope the peoples like this digress farther and become accidental trolls meeting the banhammer of evolution darwin ftw

I am not the one who is acting like child you are as in the name calling like using dumb.I guess that is the extent of your intelligence calling people dumb.I won't be banned if that is what you are getting at.You see I haven't resorted to how low you just got by saying I am dumb.You certainly don't know any social skills do you.i have had 40 to develop mine.You all might want to do the same maybe go spend time with your parents before you lose them like I have.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I am not the one who is acting like child you are as in the name calling like using dumb.I guess that is the extent of your intelligence calling people dumb.I won't be banned if that is what you are getting at.You see I haven't resorted to how low you just got by saying I am dumb.You certainly don't know any social skills do you.i have had 40 to develop mine.You all might want to do the same maybe go spend time with your parents before you lose them like I have.

b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Calling someone stupid or dumb is only immature if there is no rational basis for it. When there is, it is simply at most being rudely blunt. If they started using euphemisms at first, or have simply put up with it for a while before going to the designation stupid or dumb, then they have actually shown a rather mature attitude. Just because you may not like it, does not make them immature or wrong. In fact, so many of your rebuttals involve name calling them immature. Deny that if you wish, but anyone with knowledge of English Composition or Psychiatry should easily be able to back that assertion up.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

• MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    What would you know about Psychiatry ever work around it like I have?I know lots who suffer from Unipolar,Bi polar disorders and Schizophrenia as well as working with them.This is not an English class and I am not being graded.

When I ask for help in this forum I never get it.Make a new thread about beating a Cleric and I promise I will stay out of it.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    What would you know about Psychiatry ever work around it like I have?I know lots who suffer from Unipolar,Bi polar disorders and Schizophrenia as well as working with them.This is not an English class and I am not being graded.

When I ask for help in this forum I never get it.Make a new thread about beating a Cleric and I promise I will stay out of it.
    No-one with knowledge on that very subject would reveal that much about own self while being so clearly defensive. Either you lie or you actually have at least 1 of the disorders mentioned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    I am not ling and I don't have any of those disorders.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010

The last part was because if I hadn't cut off that excuse route, we would have had a useless thread saying 'I never called them immature'. When what other reason is there to bring it up, unless it is to compare? And if both are equal, it would be as stupid as saying, "Yeah, well, I breathe" You brought it up for a reason, the reason being to imply a superiority in the stated subject over another person. Which is calling them immature backhandedly, and therefore name-calling. Not surprised it had to be spelled out though.