Leviathan Meltdown?

Comments

• Mikako - Raging Tide
    Mikako - Raging Tide Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Did you not read?

I didn't make those rules up.
    Besides, I don't justify scamming. I just said the shop in your screenshot didn't show a scam.

I'm not going to spell out all my previous posts for you, just go read them again if you still don't get my point.

With the pigment issue, no unauthorized access was granted, nor was anyone given an unfair advantage of other players. EVERY player had access to those pigments to sell, so no one person was given an unfair advantage.

Would you like to try again?
  • DragonPyre - Raging Tide
    DragonPyre - Raging Tide Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    With the pigment issue, no unauthorized access was granted, nor was anyone given an unfair advantage of other players. EVERY player had access to those pigments to sell, so no one person was given an unfair advantage.

Would you like to try again?

It did give an advantage to those that didn't know about it.
    But that wasn't the issue. It was pretty much stealing money from PWE, since they'd just NPC those to get money to buy gold.

I do agree it fits more into this;
    (k) Cheat or utilize unauthorized exploits in connection with the Games or the Service;

In any case, you're better off argueing this with a GM. They're more knowledgeable about the ToS and the like than me.
    But this wasn't what the topic was about, was it?
  • Mikako - Raging Tide
    edited April 2010
    But this wasn't what the topic was about, was it?

Multiple Leviathan members selling tokens for an extraordinary price. That be the topic, I do love tangents though.

Bladed_Tony advertising best luck and selling normal, and ArchMichael doing the same thing without advertising it.
    edited April 2010
    Multiple Leviathan members selling tokens for an extraordinary price.

Bladed_Tony advertising best luck and selling normal, and ArchMichael doing the same thing without advertising it.

That's a scam alright.
  • Mikako - Raging Tide
    edited April 2010
    That's a scam alright.

Yup, and he couldn't possibly be having a cat shop with "best luck 4.8m" and have a best luck in inventory for 4.8m, and a regular luck for 4.8m, have his friend buy it right away, and then let an uninformed person buy the regular one... and then say "well.. I sold a best for that price.. so it isn't a scam"

Would that not be a "loophole" in order to avoid the scam status? Oh wait... that is impossible to prove. How about we just hide the token and surround it by other items... then not advertise it is there in order to make it not look like a scam.

... sigh, it is 6am, I have been up all day/night bored. Server is back up now... less forum fun and more sleep. I will continue this argument after some sleep, though I expect to see a few pages from other people backing me up in the mean time... So I guess I will continue from where they leave off. Take care till then.
    edited April 2010
    Yup, and he couldn't possibly be having a cat shop with "best luck 4.8m" and have a best luck in inventory for 4.8m, and a regular luck for 4.8m, have his friend buy it right away, and then let an uninformed person buy the regular one... and then say "well.. I sold a best for that price.. so it isn't a scam"

Would that not be a "loophole" in order to avoid the scam status? Oh wait... that is impossible to prove. How about we just hide the token and surround it by other items... then not advertise it is there in order to make it not look like a scam.

Good point. I'd consider that a gray area, I guess a GM would have to make that decision whether it's really a scam or not.

But I still stand to my point; if it's not (falsely) advertised, it's not a scam. The buyer wasn't given any intention (by the seller) to how much the item would had cost.

... sigh, it is 6am, I have been up all day/night bored. Server is back up now... less forum fun and more sleep. I will continue this argument after some sleep, though I expect to see a few pages from other people backing me up in the mean time... So I guess I will continue from where they leave off. Take care till then.

Was a nice discussion, excluding some minor things. Have a good rest.
  • MindCrime - Harshlands
    MindCrime - Harshlands Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited April 2010

But it's rather childish when some members of this game (*cough*Esuna*cough) have nothing better to say than "LOLUMAD?".

Fixed.

As for the whole part about NightRage stealing 50mil well, if he WAS running off with 50mil a week, you would think his gear wouldn't be so bad.

Hmm sounds familar doesn't it.

Like omgosh if the leader of Aurora had taken all that guild money he woulda had better gear too.

Every guild leader on every server has or will be accused of stealing guild funds. It's part of the game, regardless of if it's true or not.
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    WTS> Fine Orbs for 1 mil each to Leviathan. Hey! You guys can sell them for 40m each in your catshops! Call the catshop lunar and have some worthless lunar mats for sale.
  • MindCrime - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    Good point. I'd consider that a gray area, I guess a GM would have to make that decision whether it's really a scam or not.

But I still stand to my point; if it's not (falsely) advertised, it's not a scam. The buyer wasn't given any intention (by the seller) to how much the item would had cost.

Was a nice discussion, excluding some minor things. Have a good rest.

As per a nameless GM: The bannable part is the false advertising part.

If the shop title advertises a regular token as a BEST LUCK token then that is a bannable offense.

If not then it's buyer beware. Is it morally right? No, IMO.

Should a thread have been made with one particular guilds name on it regarding this issue? No. Clearly this was done to create server drama. Well done.
  • BlindClarity - Raging Tide
    BlindClarity - Raging Tide Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    One person's poor action does not speak for the actions of a whole guild.
    Drama thread is drama thread.
    <3
    I got more bang, than a world boss baby.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Esuna - Raging Tide
    Esuna - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    What happens if Mokoto and gang ( lets say, a number of them ) pulls out the same trick? What if they are the people whom you grow up along since day one.

And despite talking out with them, things are still not working out.

Answer from the bottom of your heart - What would you do?

I'm fairly certain people like Motoko wouldn't stoop that low. People that I have seriously played with since the start haven't done anything of the sort (Night, ManInTights, Sun, Andro etc.) I would probably discuss it with Night or bring it up in an officer talk. Since most of my "gang" is an officer, continued behaviour would probably cost them that title. If that still doesn't work, Night could come up with other creative things like holding TW pay etc. so they know what it feels like to lose out on a couple mil.

That would work well on Moto, since he's the poorest **** on the block, even with my generous donations b:chuckle
    lol your ingame friends are douchebags b:cute And I didn't meet Esuna in game till I robbed that sucker blind b:pleased Esuna wanna buy some more event gear for 200 gold?

Hey, that was about 55-60m back then! b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gotta love the cash shop idiots.
  • Linc - Raging Tide
    Linc - Raging Tide Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    So to summarize the people that think it's okay to scam:

1. If it was a nobody scamming a nobody then nobody would care.

2. If no one attacks Infamy, then scamming is acceptable behaviour by anyone even if they are large land holding guild.
    I did not feel the treachery or inconstancy of a friend, nor the injuries of a secret or open enemy. I had no occasion of bribing, flattering, or pimping, to procure the favour of any great man, or of his minion; I wanted no fence against fraud or oppression: here was neither physician to destroy my body, nor lawyer to ruin my fortune; no informer to watch my words and actions, or forge accusations against me for hire: here were no gibers, censurers, backbiters, pickpockets, highwaymen, housebreakers, attorneys, bawds, buffoons, gamesters, politicians, wits, splenetics, tedious talkers, controvertists, ravishers, murderers, robbers, virtuosos; no leaders, or followers, of party and faction; no encouragers to vice, by seducement or examples; no dungeon, axes, gibbets, whipping-posts, or pillories; no cheating shopkeepers or mechanics; no pride, vanity, or affectation; no fops, bullies, drunkards, strolling prostitutes, or poxes; no ranting, lewd, expensive wives; no stupid, proud pedants; no importunate, overbearing, quarrelsome, noisy, roaring, empty, conceited, swearing companions; no scoundrels raised from the dust upon the merit of their vices, or nobility thrown into it on account of their virtues; no lords, fiddlers, judges, or dancing-masters.
    From Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
  • Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide
    Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    2. If no one attacks Infamy, then scamming is acceptable behaviour by anyone even if they are large land holding guild.

ummm.. Fuzzy confused by this. wtf does attacking Infamy and/or approving/disapproving of scamming hafta do with one another?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pew_Pew - Raging Tide
    Pew_Pew - Raging Tide Posts: 1,037 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ummm.. Fuzzy confused by this. wtf does attacking Infamy and/or approving/disapproving of scamming hafta do with one another?

They just need a excuse to QQmoar
  • Bollocks - Raging Tide
    Bollocks - Raging Tide Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Cause someone tied those two together few pages ago ...
    Aasimar:
    "Bollocks - a guy that will always point out to some1s nonsense and generally indicate contempt for a certain task, subject or opinion. A balancing force and more often then not, a voice of reason around thees parts. There is also paradox in that being his cleric name, as he likes to put it "useless char", while he is one of the best clerics on the server in PvP and PvE imo."
  • Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide
    Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Cause someone tied those two together few pages ago ...

Even Fuzzy has bad logic sometimes (thanks Fap, me ride the chicken now and didn't return it for the car) but how can you equate those 2 things together?

Fuzzy know everyone just looking for a reason to QQ but honestly.... does the server revolve around all things Infamy to the point that even a thread hating on Levi can be brought back around to somehow being Infamu's fault? b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Legend - Raging Tide
    Legend - Raging Tide Posts: 392 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    To summarize this leviathan members are idiots who are lead by someone who doesn't care what they do. End thread/
    -quit-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MindCrime - Harshlands
    edited April 2010

Fuzzy know everyone just looking for a reason to QQ but honestly.... does the server revolve around all things Infamy to the point that even a thread hating on Levi can be brought back around to somehow being Infamu's fault? b:shocked

Perhaps if Infamy weren't such arrogant dicks about everything that wouldn't happen quite so often.b:surrender
  • BlindClarity - Raging Tide
    BlindClarity - Raging Tide Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    To summarize this leviathan members are idiots who are lead by someone who doesn't care what they do. End thread/

To summarize your post your a generalizing idiot who judges 180+ people on the actions of one or two. Now end thread/ b:shutup
    I got more bang, than a world boss baby.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Perhaps if Infamy weren't such arrogant dicks about everything that wouldn't happen quite so often.b:surrender
    Yes, because if you look at the first page you TOATALLY would notice that the first person to bring up Infamy was in Infamy.

Every forum thread ever - as told by Rawrgh

Original poster:bla bla bla random occurence in the server bla bla bla

Random Harshlands alt: LOL INFAMY MAD QQMOAR LMAO (bonus points for a conpiracy theory)

Infamy member: Mr. HL alt, you are a complete idiot.

Random HL alt: LOL U MAD QQMOAR

In fact, sometime in the next few days, I am going to make a therad, like I do all the time. and it will turn out the same. A complete random occurence in the server, will have nothing to do with Infamy, and someone will find someway to make it about Infamy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    so this HL alt is just mad bcuz he didnt get paid when he was in Infamy?
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Legend - Raging Tide
    Legend - Raging Tide Posts: 392 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    TBH whats leviathan?
    -quit-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KanyeWest - Raging Tide
    KanyeWest - Raging Tide Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Leviathan is a sea monster in the Bib... who am I kidding?

IM THE SEA MONSTA MUTHA FKAS.
  • Mistolepet - Raging Tide
    Mistolepet - Raging Tide Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Why oh why... did I spend time reading the first 5 pages of this thread, apart from the occasional funny remarks by a few ppl, not all of whom are infamu. Seriously... reading the first pages of this thread cost me valuable minutes of my life I'd rather spend on actually playing the game.

Less rant, more TT = more coin = better gear.
  • booboostains
    booboostains Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Has anyone been banned for this new "scam"? If not, its not illegal yet and move please. Hell, even if it is illegal get over it and move on.
  • redhog2
    redhog2 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    plain and simple the guy who bought the thing...well oh well to bad. You need to look carefully at the things you buy people WILL try to scam you. And if you don't have the patience to look at the item srry but to bad. :s a veno tried to scam me xD trying to sell golden spirit and then later TRIED to trade me a twilight sign which looked like the same thing b:chuckle i noticed it and i canceled trade and went away easy and simple.
  • Noob - Raging Tide
    Noob - Raging Tide Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Im gonna use this opportunity to advertise b:surrender

Have anyone of you guys noticed those crazy stone shops...with shards for like 4999 then a random one for 499999????? b:angry

WELL buy from NoobsBank!!!

I sell shards for 5k ea and it saves you the chance of getting scammed!!! b:cry

Buy from Noob and support NoobsЯUs, helpping noobs everywhere since April 9th 2010!!b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Esuna - Raging Tide
    edited April 2010
    so this HL alt is just mad bcuz he didnt get paid when he was in Infamy?

Seems like it. The only people we didnt pay are the ones that left before payday or that didn't post a screenie of their presence on faction forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FapFapFap - Raging Tide
    FapFapFap - Raging Tide Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Have anyone of you guys noticed those crazy stone shops...with shards for like 4999 then a random one for 499999????? b:angry

Yeah some time ago someone got banned for a week because of that xD

I still don't get it, why is a scammer desperately trying to defend his ways of making money? Is he too much of a coward, so he has to hide behind his alt?

"No I don't scam, I just write walls of text about it"...If you got a dumb opinion which could never be changed post it once and that's it, but ur "comebacks" which always only include some lame insults and the same blahblah about why it's ok to scam are getting boring and ur ignorance will only make a simple discussion like "Hey the sky is blue - No! It's not blue it just looks like" into a repeating of the same topic over and over again.
    Go change ur avatar back to ur original one, I bet I'll see the name of someone who already opened such a scamshop. If u don't it speaks for itself.

Wheter u mentioned that it's a token of best luck or not, doesn't matter - go ask a GM, he won't tell u that it's a scam right away, but he will look further into it and as long as it's an obvious scam it's treated as one. And obvious = the purpose behind selling an item for the price of another while thinking about ppl who would mistake it for a similar one which is far more expensive.

U create a catshop - name it token 4m: It doesn't say it's a "perfect - token of best luck" but it also doesn't say that its a "perfect - token of luck". If u want to use that excuse for scamming -> it won't work since u just want to avoid the main point by babbling about exact shop names. "token" is included in both items' names so wheres the point in that?. If u want to be smart by using such "differences" better make sure u check if it's not only like that from ur point of view.

All I write is Motokos fault, he told me to go on forums and flame with scammers b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Esuna - Raging Tide
    edited April 2010
    Yeah some time ago someone got banned for a week because of that xD

I still don't get it, why is a scammer desperately trying to defend his ways of making money? Is he too much of a coward, so he has to hide behind his alt?

"No I don't scam, I just write walls of text about it"...If you got a dumb opinion which could never be changed post it once and that's it, but ur "comebacks" which always only include some lame insults and the same blahblah about why it's ok to scam are getting boring and ur ignorance will only make a simple discussion like "Hey the sky is blue - No! It's not blue it just looks like" into a repeating of the same topic over and over again.
    Go change ur avatar back to ur original one, I bet I'll see the name of someone who already opened such a scamshop. If u don't it speaks for itself.

Wheter u mentioned that it's a token of best luck or not, doesn't matter - go ask a GM, he won't tell u that it's a scam right away, but he will look further into it and as long as it's an obvious scam it's treated as one. And obvious = the purpose behind selling an item for the price of another while thinking about ppl who would mistake it for a similar one which is far more expensive.

U create a catshop - name it token 4m: It doesn't say it's a "perfect - token of best luck" but it also doesn't say that its a "perfect - token of luck". If u want to use that excuse for scamming -> it won't work since u just want to avoid the main point by babbling about exact shop names. "token" is included in both items' names so wheres the point in that?. If u want to be smart by using such "differences" better make sure u check if it's not only like that from ur point of view.

All I write is Motokos fault, he told me to go on forums and flame with scammers b:surrender

I wonder how it's treated if you put "tokens 4.9m" and then put a best luck for 4.9m and a normal one right beside it for the same price. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]