PK in PQ even when being on a pvp server = ban? 0.o

1235»

Comments

• Sesshomaroth - Sanctuary
    Sesshomaroth - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    so on a non pvp server like HT can u pk on a public Quest and get banned?
  • peacefulsilence
    peacefulsilence Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Wow really? Why even have a PK server if this is true. Really, SP makes no sense either, reguardless of if high levels and low levels happen to be there. High levels are EVERYWHERE. And Oracles spots are just cause PWI doesn't want their money farms QQ'ing and quitting cause they are getting killed while using the item they paid for.

If its so restricting they might as well make all the Servers pve and be done with it. And just completely get rid of PK mode. Because if you chose to put yourself in a situation where your white named. You've willfully painted the bullseye on yourself.
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I think since it is a PVE server if you choose to go PK and choose to go do public it was clearly your choice and for both of those reasons you should suck it up and die if someone manages to kill you.

Also I believe that it shouldn't be a ban offense based on the fact that PK should simply be disabled in the area if the developer truly felt this way.
  • Panda_mania - Lost City
    Panda_mania - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ok i just want to know wat is bannable i mean ppl get banned for nothing some times lol why would a GM (gone missing) care about banning some one wen they have so called patches and cash shop items to make well unless you do some thing realy bad SO WAT IS BANNABLE
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The problem with SP was that the higher level players were killing the lower level players over and over again but said its a 'pk server why cant we pk' so the GM's just banned it.

The problem with oracle spots is most are heavy catshoppers who are only able to kill the same mob and have no experience in PK, so they are at a severe advantage and no-one likes upsetting oracles nubs now do we.

In my opinion they should just put a level limit on those you can attack, say 10 levels so a level 50 could only attack people level 40-60 and level 90s level 80-100, it would appeal to more players and would stop idiots sitting there killing lowbies in one shot just to increase there self-esteem and get on the leader board. Then all areas should be opened as pk enabled.

This would actually make the most sense except they should enable any lower level player able to attack a higher level. Meaning if a level 30 thinks he/she can take on a level 70, let them have at it. The only reason a level 90 would pk a level 30 is to be a bully. There is no skill involved, there is no reasonably, attainable satisfaction regarding knowledge or skill. Therefore a bully is just.. a bully.

I do agree on a PK server that all areas that aren't safe zones should be open to PK. They need a level inhibition tho. That would stop all the bullying that people do.
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    This would actually make the most sense except they should enable any lower level player able to attack a higher level. Meaning if a level 30 thinks he/she can take on a level 70, let them have at it. The only reason a level 90 would pk a level 30 is to be a bully. There is no skill involved, there is no reasonably, attainable satisfaction regarding knowledge or skill. Therefore a bully is just.. a bully.

I do agree on a PK server that all areas that aren't safe zones should be open to PK. They need a level inhibition tho. That would stop all the bullying that people do.

I think it has less to do with the bullying and more with the fact that that low level is more likely to not be prepared for PK and actually drop something. Where as to killing a high level = no drops.

Suggestion to disable that would fail though because then they wouldn't make their money on Guardians... even if you claim "what the guardians?!" if you're using in game coin to get them instead there is something else you're not getting and that is exactly what PWE wants b:chuckle
  • Bellatriix - Archosaur
    Bellatriix - Archosaur Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I think it has less to do with the bullying and more with the fact that that low level is more likely to not be prepared for PK and actually drop something. Where as to killing a high level = no drops.

The thing is, 99.9% of a low-level's drop is trash. I see pretty much everyone my level running around in NPC gear or Rank I gear (which cannot be dropped anyway) and NPC gear is very easily replaceable. :/

If the low level is blood red and drops something half-good or fashion, it's more of him being stupid and going red-named at his level and expecting to be untouched.

Red-name noob - basically a huge 'PK ME!' sign over their head. Especially on a PvE server, where you are eaten alive by 8x/9x/10x who do nothing but PK when bored.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I got a ss of acu and bella spawning.."
  • Krouse - Harshlands
    Krouse - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Beldor's problem is very easy.

He is 9x and can only kill 80-. I was one of the people who submitted a ticket to end his abuse. This is my first ticket for abuse.

He camped PQ for over 1 hour only there to keep people from playing the game, and thats bannable. On my main i have been in PQ area often enough to PK, but if you kill people just once and the annoying ones twice and move on, NOBODY will care that you killed them. It's the people that need their E-PEEN pumped by killing peopple 15 levels lower that are the cause of this bad name for RPK'ers

And yes i am a RPK'er with 200 hour on my wiz. So don't tell me that i don't know what it is. When i'm flying around the map i always come across Beldor in the lowbie spots killing the 5x-6x. Tusk town, swamps, and many other lowbie places. I kill his **** every time i see him, usually in one shot.

When i acidentally kill a very low level person i apologize. I say in whisper that i didn't mean to one-shot them, and that i'm not out to kill lower level players. I pick my battles with the ones that are red, or that i know they are at least sage/demon. that is PVP, the rest is just blowing E-PEEN

how would you feel that i would come to your house with a baseball bat and knock you over the head everytime you set foot outside your door? Yes you can choose to stay inside but that's not really fun is it? would you call the cops on me that i'm harrassing you? ofcourse you would.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    how would you feel that i would come to your house with a baseball bat and knock you over the head everytime you set foot outside your door? Yes you can choose to stay inside but that's not really fun is it? would you call the cops on me that i'm harrassing you? ofcourse you would.

There is a difference between a game and real life. In real life, said person beating me with said bat could just as easily be met with a gun, and there goes my problem. b:chuckle As for a game, it is just that, a game. You choose to play it, therefore, you choose to accept the rules, regulations, and societal norms placed within such a structure. You can not choose to live. Suicide aside, and any of you who want to use that for an argument are more pathetic than I realize.
  • Krouse - Harshlands
    Krouse - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I agree with all the rules that PWI gives to me, not the ones being pushed to me just like a banana republic.

I agree to the rule that i will play the game and will not hinder anyone enjoyment in a way which you can point out as harrassment. People like beldor make other people quit. And as far as i know that's not the meaning of the game. Even on PvP server you know you are fair game to anyone, but if you are being hunted for no reason you just quit the game, giving PWI a bad name.

I compare the game to real life, because there is no other way to compare. There is nothing like real life, and nothing like a video game. But someone's feelings do not change, so abuse is still there, even tho it might be mental.
  • xxunseenspecxx
    xxunseenspecxx Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Solution for dev's/GM's:

Dev's: Got a problem with people pk'ing in certain areas like PQ? MAKE THE FREAKIN AREA A SAFE ZONE! It's not that hard to make the entire PQ island a safe zone. Otherwise cut the **** about banning people for legitimately pk in PvP ALLOWED AREAS!

GM's: Same as the above but obviously complain to the Dev's about doing it since obviously y'all can't yourselves. If it doesn't get done, they obviously don't care about it SO IT SHOULDN'T BE BANNABLE!

I have a feeling certain groups of people are just making up their own rules even if it goes completely against the design of the game or, more specifically, the server.
    Guild History:
    Unlimited [retired guild]
    Conqueror [retired guild]
    BloodLusT [FAIL OF EPIC PROPORTIONZ/retired guild]
    RageQuit [retired guild]

Current Guild:
    Wouldn't you like to know?

Current Status:
    Been jumping rooftops in ADC for the past year and a half<3
    Actively PvP'ing foramz style b:cute
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Solution for dev's/GM's:

Dev's: Got a problem with people pk'ing in certain areas like PQ? MAKE THE FREAKIN AREA A SAFE ZONE! It's not that hard to make the entire PQ island a safe zone. Otherwise cut the **** about banning people for legitimately pk in PvP ALLOWED AREAS!

GM's: Same as the above but obviously complain to the Dev's about doing it since obviously y'all can't yourselves. If it doesn't get done, they obviously don't care about it SO IT SHOULDN'T BE BANNABLE!

I have a feeling certain groups of people are just making up their own rules even if it goes completely against the design of the game or, more specifically, the server.

That would mean that the bugs shouldn't get fixed either. Devs don't care about bug fixing, and GMs do. Same thing with PK.

Anyway, I only see the problem with PQ PKing. You can easily avoid PKing in the 3x questing places if you know what to do.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Ilenka - Harshlands
    Ilenka - Harshlands Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I could only say and i know many people must have said this before is that Pking when doing a Public Quest is really annoying to all the people, specially when pkrs came and killed all the clerics while at boss...

I remember once when i was doing PQ (long long ago) Rome and JIung (that was still in KD and white - both high levels) came over PQ and started killing all the clerics... Rome attacked me while i was tanking the boss (yeah i tended to steal aggro to get the max points in the PQ) and as he made my hp go low the boss killed me.... thank you for making me lose EXP.... that was really annoying, i was in the top 1 in the scores but as i was waiting for someone to res me and all clerics were dead... my run was just lost.... by the time i got the rez i couldnt get my points back to be oin top1.... >.<

All the PQ runs we were doing that day took like 1 hr tops... the moment we were being PK and having AOEs all over, our PQ lasted like 2hr and 30 mins. After that one many people just quit it.

that really pissed me off but that day i learned something.. i politely asked Rome, please cant you go out to silver pool or somewhere else to pk? and he said he could and he went away. Pkrs didnt come that day much.

So yeah, sometimes people keep on coming back just because you keep QQing or telling them youre gonna do something to them.... some will go away if you ask them, some wont because they are pricks.

anyway, i agree PQ site must be banned on PKing cuz it really makes people waste their time and its obvious why would they be mad with that.

This is a PvP server but its not to interrupt other people doing important things. there are plenty of areas where people PK, like Silver Pool, west district door, Swamps, etc. So whats the need to go specially into a place where all the people are worried on doing something else in some sort of teamwork (which is really unlikely in this game)?
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I'm obviously not on a PvP server (and will never be, because I don't much like PvP), but I don't understand why you would WANT to PK people while you're all doing PQ. In PQ, you're all working together to kill the mobs quickly, and yes, you may be competing to get the highest score, but it's really pathetic if you have to resort to killing the players to be highest on the chart. Why waste everyone's time by killing someone who's contributing to how quickly the PQ is getting accomplished?

Just my two cents. I miss PQ. ;_;

And wow...I'm 85 now, not 82. ;_;
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I'm obviously not on a PvP server (and will never be, because I don't much like PvP), but I don't understand why you would WANT to PK people while you're all doing PQ. In PQ, you're all working together to kill the mobs quickly, and yes, you may be competing to get the highest score, but it's really pathetic if you have to resort to killing the players to be highest on the chart. Why waste everyone's time by killing someone who's contributing to how quickly the PQ is getting accomplished?

No, you dont understand.... They want Pk....for the Pk list >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Genghis_Khan - Harshlands
    Genghis_Khan - Harshlands Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited April 2010

uhh.. its funny to so.. especially when u kill the clerics than everyone is screwed.. why wouldnt u kill people if u had the chance? its fun .
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    If you like pk-ing people doing PQ so much, why dont you go over to the 95+ side instead of the 60-80? I'm sure there are plenty of people at the 95+ side who would be more than willing to accomodate your insatiable need to pk those doing quests.
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited April 2010

It doesn't seem to be people actually ON the PQ, more like people just wanting to PK people there.

Also, go to your avatar, edit it, choose another, then reselect that one to refresh your level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    If you like pk-ing people doing PQ so much, why dont you go over to the 95+ side instead of the 60-80? I'm sure there are plenty of people at the 95+ side who would be more than willing to accomodate your insatiable need to pk those doing quests.
    People do the 95+? I heard that no one did it cause it wasn't worth the reward.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
    edited April 2010
    People do the 95+? I heard that no one did it cause it wasn't worth the reward.

Hmm, I have never done 95+ PQ so i couldnt tell ya how the activity rate is
  • Genghis_Khan - Harshlands
    Genghis_Khan - Harshlands Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited April 2010

I am not a ******.. i am level 70 why would i go to the level 95 side? that makes no sense
    edited April 2010
    I am not a ******.. i am level 70 why would i go to the level 95 side? that makes no sense

I was not talking to you. I hit reply on the first page after reading the OP's little rant. It just happened to fall in under your post.