PK in PQ even when being on a pvp server = ban? 0.o

Comments

• ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Spend a few dolls to get some event pots and G6 gems and a few oracles... back then event pots were all the rage.

And you can't say you've never done oracles... I've had at least 2 dozen drop from mobs while questing, receiving an Oracle V for a quest reward, and they're even in the Supply Stash.

So I call lies. :P

Ok fair, I'll correct that, I was thinking of buying oracles, I think I've had one drop from a mob, and the ones the game gives you. I'm thinking that's about, ummm... five?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Ok fair, I'll correct that, I was thinking of buying oracles, I think I've had one drop from a mob, and the ones the game gives you. I'm thinking that's about, ummm... five?

I bought a few about 6 months ago... was like 200k short of hitting 92, I think it was. Wanted to get that level before TW so I bought what... 8 oracles from a cat shop and leveled.

I've done far more oracles from drops/quests/supply stash than I've ever purchased, I can say that with certainty.

If you've ever hypered Frost, your point is moot, that's even more exp than doing stacks of oracles for even less effort.

I do hyper Nirvana now, but I was already 100 when hyper was introduced.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I bought a few about 6 months ago... was like 200k short of hitting 92, I think it was. Wanted to get that level before TW so I bought what... 8 oracles from a cat shop and leveled.

I've done far more oracles from drops/quests/supply stash than I've ever purchased, I can say that with certainty.

If you've ever hypered Frost, your point is moot, that's even more exp than doing stacks of oracles for even less effort.

I do hyper Nirvana now, but I was already 100 when hyper was introduced.

I'm one of the old-style guys (I guess). I absolutely hate hypers. I'd rather someone oracle than those things. IMO hypers should be 95+ only.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pervera - Lost City
    Pervera - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    If PvP bothers you, stay in safe zone or reroll PvE. Save zones are safe, being outside of safe zone is exactly that. By leaving safe zone you put yourself into areas where you can be PK'd.

Just the suggestion of "oh you shouldn't be able to PK or PvP in areas that aren't in a safe zone" on a PvP server is QQing.

LOL, you still not even trying to talk about the topic, read what others said and you do comment. Feel free to PK PQ area, camp SP or PK on bosses and don't complain about being banned like OP did.

If you have problems with rules then go play Tibia.
    edited April 2010
    I'm one of the old-style guys (I guess). I absolutely hate hypers. I'd rather someone oracle than those things. IMO hypers should be 95+ only.

Actually, I was already 101 before hyper came out. I do hyper Nirvana because that's only one boss and the exp I get from it is completely worth 1.5m for 5 hyper stones... seeing how 650k only gets me about .23%, even with hyper, mq, cs and wq, I barely break 1% a day now.

LOL, you still not even trying to talk about the topic, read what others said and you do comment. Feel free to PK PQ area, camp SP or PK on bosses and don't complain about being banned like OP did.

If you have problems with rules then go play Tibia.

I was directly responding to your string of messages in my responses to you, since this obviousness has obviously been overlooked by you. brbrbr

EDIT: For your sake, I'll say this for clarity. Being banned for PKing in a non-safe zone should not be a bannable offense.
  • Pervera - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    I was directly responding to your string of messages in my responses to you, since this obviousness has obviously been overlooked by you. brbrbr

So you probably missed the point of what i was talking about cause I have feeling you were writing to someone else about something else.
    edited April 2010
    So you probably missed the point of what i was talking about cause I have feeling you were writing to someone else about something else.
    There are PKK's and RPK's since i started this game and let it be this way. Theres really no need to touch these particular spots since rest of map is PK enabled as well.
    You forgot that you QQ cause GM's are offering bans for such behaviour so it clearly means that you are unwelcome on PvP server as you can't undersand basics of game rules.

There are no rules for PvP. Rules are for duels. Being banned for PKing is stupid. Telling people to stay away from specific areas because they can go PK elsewhere is overlooking the point. Let PKers PK whomever they wish. Lowbie killers are laughed at by most people. If you have troubles with lowbie killers, call for reinforcements. Telling someone who got banned for PKing on a PvP server that they're not welcome? just.... lol. It's a PvP server.
  • Pervera - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    There are no rules for PvP. Rules are for duels. Being banned for PKing is stupid. Telling people to stay away from specific areas because they can go PK elsewhere is overlooking the point. Let PKers PK whomever they wish. Lowbie killers are laughed at by most people. If you have troubles with lowbie killers, call for reinforcements. Telling someone who got banned for PKing on a PvP server that they're not welcome? just.... lol. It's a PvP server.

Ok, now you talk normal. I've survived somehow SP, HT and HO campers on my EP however, it was not cool cause it was usually an naked guy with bound weapon that I could kill and he would come back so I had to just give up for a hour till he got bored. For me that doesn't matter now but I think there was too many frustrated newbies that GM's couldn't handle and to have peace they came out with these rules. I'm quite ok with these rules however I wouldn't care in all coming back to previous state.
    Only the funny thing is why ppl so much want to do it exactly there. I can only understand AoE on PQ, that can be funny from time to time but will get old anyway.

Cheers

BTW: I really laught at no healing in duel. I was playing EP for some time and iirc it was plume, thunder and IH from time to time. This char is squishy in case of FS and depends on healing abilities same as my full mage veno depends on pet, i'll not fight barb toe-to-toe. xD
  • Noob - Raging Tide
    Noob - Raging Tide Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Well if your high level and having a PK fest at SP low lvls like 30s and 40s will NEVER be able to get their quests done sinc ethere are PK fests there everyday.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    @Perv:

I went through on Aadi as a lowbie when RPKing was at its prime. You couldn't get onto HT pretty much ever for more than a few seconds, there was no way you were ever getting through SP without protection, even west gate was worse back then. But I found that fun, part of the game and the reason I was on this server. It was a game for me, to time my drop onto HT when the PKer was busy with another lowbie, get my quest, and then get out before they oneshot me. I would wait until the semi-nice PKers were in SP, and PM them asking to pass, and usually they'd let me oddly enough. I learned the other spawn points for mobs that were out of the way, and to watch my back when a green dot was heading my way in certain areas.

I just recently went through the lowbie levels on an alt, and it's nothing like I remembered. All the fun of it, the strategy of how not to be killed by other players as well as mobs, is gone. SP is empty, no one calling in reinforcements to kill the one redname standing in the middle oneshotting everyone. I could afk up on HT and be fine for probably days. It's just boring.

I miss the old PvP servers. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Beldor - Harshlands
    Beldor - Harshlands Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    @Perv:

I went through on Aadi as a lowbie when RPKing was at its prime. You couldn't get onto HT pretty much ever for more than a few seconds, there was no way you were ever getting through SP without protection, even west gate was worse back then. But I found that fun, part of the game and the reason I was on this server. It was a game for me, to time my drop onto HT when the PKer was busy with another lowbie, get my quest, and then get out before they oneshot me. I would wait until the semi-nice PKers were in SP, and PM them asking to pass, and usually they'd let me oddly enough. I learned the other spawn points for mobs that were out of the way, and to watch my back when a green dot was heading my way in certain areas.

I just recently went through the lowbie levels on an alt, and it's nothing like I remembered. All the fun of it, the strategy of how not to be killed by other players as well as mobs, is gone. SP is empty, no one calling in reinforcements to kill the one redname standing in the middle oneshotting everyone. I could afk up on HT and be fine for probably days. It's just boring.

I totally agree with you, this game has lost its challenge since packs, the easy lvling and the banishments for PKing came. I dont care anymore Ima end up quitting sooner or later so **** it. Ima camp SP till I get perma banned I dont facking care. I might get banned, but Ill consider as an honor for being a Player Killer. Have fun all. Ty for all the replies, 2 bad no replies from GMs, but oh well i was expecting that already.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    GM's here are too sensitive, I play other games where you can essentially run into someone elses missions, steal the mission item (1 and only 1 will drop), then goad them into attacking you so you can blow them up.

If the person you are grieving complains to a GM that you're grieving them, the GM will literally say things along the lines of 'QQMoar'. But hey what do they know, it's only a record breaking, award winning mmo.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    @Perv:

Take action into your own hand to bring back the old PvP Aadi. RPK anything that moves.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Take action into your own hand to bring back the old PvP Aadi. RPK anything that moves.

Believe me, I tried, but she's a dirty carebear b:surrender
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited April 2010

I never even was an RPKer. I just enjoyed the strategy of avoiding the RPKers. Which makes my point even more valid, because most anti-open PvP posters will claim that anyone protecting PvP just oneshots lowbies all day, and the only lowbies I oneshot are the ones that are RPKing lowbie friends.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    I never even was an RPKer. I just enjoyed the strategy of avoiding the RPKers. Which makes my point even more valid, because most anti-open PvP posters will claim that anyone protecting PvP just oneshots lowbies all day, and the only lowbies I oneshot are the ones that are RPKing lowbie friends.

He was telling you to become one and bring back the glory days, not accusing you of being one.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    He was telling you to become one and bring back the glory days, not accusing you of being one.

I'm aware of that, I was replying that RPKing itself wasn't the part of it that was fun for me, it was trying to avoid the RPK, therefore me PKing everything that moved wouldn't be as fun for me. My bad if I didn't make myself clear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    A QQ thread ... but makes sense... So at least you got something actually to QQ about. Why would someone go on a PK server to not get killed? Thats like... a football player wanting to play football in basket ball. I don't care about PKers or PKing or any of that ****, makes no point whatsoever, I don't want to waste even $1 over fighting someone. Or even 1 minute b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    I'm aware of that, I was replying that RPKing itself wasn't the part of it that was fun for me, it was trying to avoid the RPK, therefore me PKing everything that moved wouldn't be as fun for me. My bad if I didn't make myself clear.

Hurr I'm good at reading, really b:surrender.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    @Perv:

Well said and I completely agree.
  • skyxiii
    skyxiii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    PK is one of the main concepts, if not the main, behind a PvP server. These servers were designed by developers who enabled things like RPK - the devs made this choice, so it can't be "not okay" to RPK.

Having said that, the main problem doesn't lie in the PK, no, it's the manner in which it is done. Many PKers are extremely rude and disrespectful to other players. This is childish, not to mention against the TOS. If you're going to PK, be respectful about it. Have clean, respectful fights and tell your opponent it was a nice fight afterwards. If someone asks you to stop because they're trying to finish a quest or help a friend, then respect their wishes. Hell, why not stop and help them out for causing them trouble? The concept of PK is to evoke competition, not rudeness or inhumanity.

Those who fly around camping the same lowbies that don't stand a chance or who go wraith-PKing are pathetic. Your PK ratings don't go up when the wraith kills your target, thus you gain nothing from this other than personal enjoyment. Personal enjoyment derived from griefing others is obviously incorrect.

But yeah, if GMs are going to ban people for PKing in certain areas or under specific circumstances, before they do so they should provide all with an easily accessible list of specific areas/rules that tell everyone what's okay to do and what's not. Otherwise you end up with a lot of confused and angry players.

My 2 cents.
  • Pervera - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    skyxiii wrote: »
    PK is one of the main concepts, if not the main, behind a PvP server. These servers were designed by developers who enabled things like RPK - the devs made this choice, so it can't be "not okay" to RPK.

Having said that, the main problem doesn't lie in the PK, no, it's the manner in which it is done. Many PKers are extremely rude and disrespectful to other players. This is childish, not to mention against the TOS. If you're going to PK, be respectful about it. Have clean, respectful fights and tell your opponent it was a nice fight afterwards. If someone asks you to stop because they're trying to finish a quest or help a friend, then respect their wishes. Hell, why not stop and help them out for causing them trouble? The concept of PK is to evoke competition, not rudeness or inhumanity.

Those who fly around camping the same lowbies that don't stand a chance or who go wraith-PKing are pathetic. Your PK ratings don't go up when the wraith kills your target, thus you gain nothing from this other than personal enjoyment.
    But yeah, if GMs are going to ban people for PKing in certain areas or under specific circumstances, before they do so they should provide all with an easily accessible list of specific areas/rules that tell everyone what's okay to do and what's not. Otherwise you end up with a lot of confused and angry players.

My 2 cents.

I totally agree. Maybe only in that phrase "Personal enjoyment derived from griefing others is obviously incorrect." i would change incorrect to simply not fun (edit: for the prey).

@Adii: yeah, there were some cool things about it. For example I remember one day that an guy from Cevryn with an other female char was aoe'ing at SP then Juntonio (forgot now name of faction cause it was time ago) came with Herc and sweeped them both. I even took screnies.

Well, what I said that I said but I found screenies so you can enjoy the old times. xD

epic start:
    http://img17.imageshack.us/i/20090410113119.jpg/

and their end:
    http://img16.imageshack.us/i/20090410113511.jpg/

I got a doll from Malati (Cevryn leader) and guy was banished from faction after that and all were happy. xD

EDIT: This one and few other events were enjoyable but if I reremeber naked barb with bound weapon called 'levii' that was just damn annyoing cause was easy to kill and constantly coming back so nor he has fun with it nor I could do any quest and ... there was/is more of his kind.

Forgot to laught at directing me to PvE. There's one particular reason why I will never play on PvE. The same kind of ppl that are annyoing in PvP will appear on PvE server as Kill Stealers with PK protection on and you can do friggin' nothing to them. I can get killed 1000 times in a row by an idiot and I'll stand it but I'll never stand KS'er that laught straight in my face.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    skyxiii wrote: »
    Having said that, the main problem doesn't lie in the PK, no, it's the manner in which it is done. Many PKers are extremely rude and disrespectful to other players. This is childish, not to mention against the TOS. If you're going to PK, be respectful about it.

Problem is player rudeness is a common problem. On PvE servers it's far worse, because the rude players know full well that there's absolutely nothing you can do while they flame, insult, ks, scam or steal. Their blue name gives them full protection.
  • FapFapFap - Raging Tide
    FapFapFap - Raging Tide Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Problem is player rudeness is a common problem. On PvE servers it's far worse, because the rude players know full well that there's absolutely nothing you can do while they flame, insult, ks, scam or steal. Their blue name gives them full protection.

So scamming and insulting is a matter of pk? U get the items someone scammed back when u kill him or he will say "sry for hurting ur feelings" once he lies dead to your feet after he insulted u? xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    So scamming and insulting is a matter of pk? U get the items someone scammed back when u kill him or he will say "sry for hurting ur feelings" once he lies dead to your feet after he insulted u? xD

It's more of a feeling of "**** you." They can talk all the **** they want, but at the end of it all, they're still the ones lying on the ground at your feet.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    It's a tough thing imo. I don't think it's a great idea to have a lot of PVP rules in a PVP server. However, people do require mobs to level up and all this other **** so in the end.. well, tough ****. What baffles me is when someone iterated that one should be polite when doing PK. That's about the biggest croc I've seen, and I've yet to this point to ever give a **** about doing PK. Think someone needs to differentiate legitimate reasons for people leaving PVP servers from net nannies who want people to be excessively polite.
  • JamesJutsu - Dreamweaver
    JamesJutsu - Dreamweaver Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Its okay...one time i for a random red PM saying: "please do not kill poeple while they are farming mats"
    I'm just sitting there...wtfing..I killed them again anyway. cuz I'm evilb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AnglikX - Harshlands
    AnglikX - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Istarted out on a pve, kiling mob,s was ok at low lvls, but then i got bored really fast, so i moved to a pvp server. WAY BETTER, yes the RPK can be a pian, but it comes with playing on a pvp server hints the name PLAYER VS PLAYER. And besides, attack me when im bzy with boss/mobs/mat farming, and i will come back and give u my best shot. I dont QQ about being pk'd jus try my best to get even, if not i wait abit and lvl then come back and merc, like u nvr mattered in the 1st place.
    PPL that have pissed me off when i was low lvl made this lil white piece of paper i call my ***** LIST(ppl i VOW to PK when i lvl or out lvl them). I LOVE PVP i love all the threats, the QQ and the sheer joy of killing ppl who run thier mouth off, on PvE u can do that, unless u enable PvP, and most dontb:victory

*P.S. SEE ALL U QQERS IN GAME MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA*
  • jamesburr36
    jamesburr36 Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    It's bad for business when frustrated lowbies who can't finish quests at SP, PQ, etc quit the game due to what is undeniably a PK slaughter by someone 30 or more levels above them. Maybe the server is better off without them but that only translates into fewer ca$h paying customers for PWI so some restrictions on this is understandable from a business oriented perspective. I mean, if 20 RPKers are causing 100 or more potential cash paying customers to leave you have to assume who they are going to side with.

I was once one of those frustrated types who quit the game for 8 months because it was damn near impossible for me to advance do to the PK issue around quest NPC (specifically at the Heaven's Tear) however I'm back and with a mission. My veno is working its way up the level ladder and still gets PKed pretty often. When she is ready she will recruit others like me and hunt down and make life a living hell for red named PKers especially those who camp at lowbie spots.

Oh yeah, I'll say this for certain too - those who camp and rPK lowbies are nothing but cowards - plain and simple. They are gutless types who do it for the sheer purpose of causing grief in others. What challenge is there to PK someone that has absolutely no chance to defend themselves because they are 30+ levels lower - especially for PKing someone who is fighting a mob for a quest. Oh hell, now I'm gonna be accused of QQing. LOL, sorry but no, I don't whine, I get even. I'll get a thrill from all the QQing from you because a veno's pet is overpowered or there is some fantasy bleed bug that somehow has never been fixed (because it's not a bug LOL) or that you dropped that item you wantd so badly.

Anyway I digress, even real life wars have rules to protect the interests of all involved and so shall this fantasy online game. If you don't like being told you cannot PK in a certain area then quit the game and stop QQing about it - (Wow that sounds so familiar now, doesn't it) because there are so many other places to PK in the game that are more challenging to you unless that is what you fear the most. I bet that's it. the thought of losing a PK fight while red does have its drawbacks so a fair and balanced battle may be what you fear most. That too makes you a coward if you are one of those types who like PKing lowbies.

Again I digress, life is full of rules that are designed to set standards for our behavior in-game and in real life. If you choose to play this game you choose to follow the rules of the game whether it be a PvP or PvE server and that includes the new rules as they come up. The game is not about you, rPKer, they are there to make it enjoyable for all who play so if you want to be mean and cause others unneccessary grief just to entertain yourself (define that as abusive behavior - you know what that is) then prepare to accept the consequences. As said in the beginning, it's bad for business to allow that kind of behavior to happen.
  • StormChaos - Heavens Tear
    StormChaos - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    If you 90+ and have to camp "lowbie" area's for your kills ... Then its about time you rerolled on a PvE server cus you obviously suck at PK b:pleased