Leviathan Meltdown?

Linc - Raging Tide
Linc - Raging Tide Posts: 589 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Tideswell (East)
I didn't see some World Chat accusing a Levi officer of scamming with a catshop did I?
He didn't put a perfect token of luck for sale in his catshop for 4 mil did he? What was that all about?
I did not feel the treachery or inconstancy of a friend, nor the injuries of a secret or open enemy. I had no occasion of bribing, flattering, or pimping, to procure the favour of any great man, or of his minion; I wanted no fence against fraud or oppression: here was neither physician to destroy my body, nor lawyer to ruin my fortune; no informer to watch my words and actions, or forge accusations against me for hire: here were no gibers, censurers, backbiters, pickpockets, highwaymen, housebreakers, attorneys, bawds, buffoons, gamesters, politicians, wits, splenetics, tedious talkers, controvertists, ravishers, murderers, robbers, virtuosos; no leaders, or followers, of party and faction; no encouragers to vice, by seducement or examples; no dungeon, axes, gibbets, whipping-posts, or pillories; no cheating shopkeepers or mechanics; no pride, vanity, or affectation; no fops, bullies, drunkards, strolling prostitutes, or poxes; no ranting, lewd, expensive wives; no stupid, proud pedants; no importunate, overbearing, quarrelsome, noisy, roaring, empty, conceited, swearing companions; no scoundrels raised from the dust upon the merit of their vices, or nobility thrown into it on account of their virtues; no lords, fiddlers, judges, or dancing-masters.
From Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
Post edited by Linc - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide
    Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    wow... someone trying to pass a perfect token off as a best token? Thats never happened before. b:chuckle

Almost as funny as someone Fuzzy saw trying to pass off whatever apoch potion it is as a Frostcover Force for 25mil cauze it has the same icon.

But if there wasn't a sucker born every minute they probably wouldn't do it....

Not that Fuzzy agrees with the practice or anything remotely close to it but after all, caveat emptor. If your gonna spend that kinda money on 1 token or 1 item or whatever it might be worth taking the extra 2 seconds to see your actually getting what you think it is for the price you think you are paying.

If more people actually payed attention stupid scams like this wouldn't work.

...and for those people actually falling for it.... well.. Fuzzy has a friend in Nigeria who works for a bank... has a pile of unclaimed money. Just send Fuzzy your bank information etc etc etc b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Ya think he would be smart enough to use an alt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Motoko - Raging Tide
    Motoko - Raging Tide Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I like how he tried to rationalize it, as if his intent wasn't to scam people. "I never said it was a best luck" rofl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This is the way the world ends
    Not with a bang but a whimper. - T. S. Eliot
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I didn't see some World Chat accusing a Levi officer of scamming with a catshop did I?
    He didn't put a perfect token of luck for sale in his catshop for 4 mil did he? What was that all about?

And seeing people sell chest of coins is better? Its worse imo, only targets the new players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited April 2010
    Ya never know, gold could get under 200kea b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • ////III - Harshlands3
    ////III - Harshlands3 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Linc - Infamy officer
    Motoko - Infamy assucker
    Rawrgh - no comment

funny how the ppl that start/flame this are all infamy? someone's a little butthurt over the joint attack of QQme and Leviathan on Infamy last week. But hey, if u think u can sabotage Levaithan as a guild over something like this, which personally I dont think will work but is still a despicable attempt, u are pathetic.

Leviathan ppl, lets all jump ship now because of this incident!! We should all go to infamy where the water is clean and the grass is greener, and the leader definitely does not pocket over 50 mil every week in the guild "bank"

and we can all safely say that Couri doesnt need guild money cuz hes the richest basterd alive b:chuckle
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited April 2010
    ////III

This message is hidden because ////III is a nameless alt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    For once its an alt Fuzzy is almost sure doesn't belong to Rawrgh b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kucrimu - Raging Tide
    Kucrimu - Raging Tide Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The title of the thread and the actual topic does not correspond. If you want to cause some drama, feel free to use world chat in game. Thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    What were you expecting Linc?

Leviathan lost last TW against Infamy and they need to get ready for Infamy's retaliation next weekend.

They desperately need gather coins for pots 'n charms as fast as they can by any possible way... even scamming b:shocked

/endtroll
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    ^

Now that sounds more like what Fuzzy would expect from a true Rawrgh alt.

b:shutupb:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FapFapFap - Raging Tide
    FapFapFap - Raging Tide Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Isn't Bladed_Tony in Infamy too? Not that it would matter that much (only this thread would be a fail in itself), but no one cares about him when he has a catshop in arch with a perfect token of luck for 4.5m.

The shopname doesn't say best luck, only "token luck", so it's kinda the wannabe-smart method of scamming. That was the same as this barb from Levi did.

However, I think it's still considered as scam. Or what do u say when a GM asks u why u put a token of luck for 4.5m in a catshop?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited April 2010
    He's not in Infamy, think he's in Varden or Leviathan I think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FapFapFap - Raging Tide
    FapFapFap - Raging Tide Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    He's not in Infamy, think he's in Varden or Leviathan I think.

U think a lot b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited April 2010
    no u

/10chars
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Isn't Bladed_Tony in Infamy too? Not that it would matter that much (only this thread would be a fail in itself), but no one cares about him when he has a catshop in arch with a perfect token of luck for 4.5m.

He's in Leviathan. Backfiring retort has backfired.

///IIII? Main or GTFO.
  • ////III - Harshlands7
    ////III - Harshlands7 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Please attack the substance of my thread instead of my character name please. Doing so only makes your argument childish and somewhat political (weird analogy but sadly true).

It remains unchanged that the only people trying to escalate this relatively minor deal (which is a minor offense, and morally wrong, but let's be honest, no one except the moron that bought it gives a **** about) are members of Infamy. This is something that we see in the United States bipartisan political system every single day. Congressional votes, districting, and pork-barreling is all based on hatred of a person due to his affiliation (in their case their party, in your case guild), up to the point in which John Edward's 4000 dollar haircut cost him the 2004 presidential nomination.

In extension of that argument, Infamy recently lost a TW against a joint attack, one of them was Leviathan. As members, it would of course be a reason to try to stop Leviathan from keep doing what they are doing. Hey, I understand that. We are all human, and we want to rid of those who are a threat to us. However, escalating something so minor as soon as the TW ends just screams prejudice. Albeit Bladed_Tony is not in infamy, i'm sure there are someone in Infamy has done something not saintish during his gaming experience (this is not an attack on infamy, but rather an unleashment of human nature, for more read Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan)

The one thing that I posted that I did not write with 100% certainty is NightRage's weekly pickup of 50 mil. It varies, some weeks its 40, and some weeks its 60.
    edited April 2010
    Maybe, something that nobody mentioned, the problem people had with it was the fact that their leader didn't care. If anyone came to me saying an Infamy member was trying to scam, I'd investigate and stop the problem. Couri just doesn't care.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited April 2010
    Huh so he is capable of rational thought, perhaps if your last post contained more substance and less childish raving the likes of which to match MyPixelsHurt then we would have commented on your post rather than your name.

Now, I keep world chat turned off 99% of the time, so I am not completely aware of what exactly this thread is about, I have the basic idea. Simply put, I haven't seen ANYONE commenting on this in world chat, again, my world chat is turned off most of the time. Although I do think you are too quick to make the connection of, Leviathan attacking Infamy as the cause of this. Did Infamy lose a TW? Yes, we did lose a land. But it's rather childish when some members of this game (*cough* pixels *cough) have nothing better to say than "LOLUMAD?". We lost, and QQme and Leviathan have every right to be glad in their accomplishment and to enjoy the victory. After the war, we didn't complain, we didn't make excuses, we sat down and said "Ok, what did we do wrong, and how can we fix it?" we're smart enough to learn from the loss. I think you are too quick to assume that the TW loss is the sole reason for any comments made.

As for the whole part about NightRage stealing 50mil well, if he WAS running off with 50mil a week, you would think his gear wouldn't be so bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ////III - Harshlands8
    ////III - Harshlands8 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    To NightRage - you have a valid point. leaders are supposed to make sure that their guildie does not scam ppl. I am not arguing against that at all. I have mentioned in my previous post that i am not saying it is alrite to pass off a perfect luck for a best luck. I am simply saying that the subject in itself is, as fuzzy described, trivial, and simple brought up in forum by the wrong person (linc), at a wrong time (right after TW weekend). If the subject matter was more serious and not something where if u look long enough, u can find a member of practically any faction doing, then perhaps there is an incentive to look into the matter.

To Rawrgh - i rly feel like a moron to feed your troll, but here i am. I realize that Infamy is trying to solve their matters legitimately, meaning TW revision, member attraction, etc. But this post is also feeds on an illegitimate mean - mudslinging. If you don't believe me, just ask yourself this question. Would this post have been created if Infamy and Leviathan were on good terms and last week's attack never happened? If you say yes, then I have run out of arguments, you win.

One last point about NightRage. He is by far the smartest man I know. Since the beginning of the server he has ran around with really bad gear, even his bow is mediocre, which for an archer is pretty bad. However, he was strong enough to bear with that because he was farming reputation at that point. No, I don't mean darkness stamps. I mean he sacrificed his fun to build a reputation that he doesn't use guild money for gears. Slowly, he will allocate the guild money toward his gear as Infamy gain more and more lands. Right now I believe he is running around with all event gears atm. He is still holding back because Infamy isn't absolute at this point, so the refines are only average. Once Infamy owns more than half the map you will begin to see his true gears, because he has accumulated enough money to upgrade them all at once. However, it will be too late at that point and no one will question him.
    edited April 2010
    One last point about NightRage. He is by far the smartest man I know. Since the beginning of the server he has ran around with really bad gear, even his bow is mediocre, which for an archer is pretty bad. However, he was strong enough to bear with that because he was farming reputation at that point. No, I don't mean darkness stamps. I mean he sacrificed his fun to build a reputation that he doesn't use guild money for gears. Slowly, he will allocate the guild money toward his gear as Infamy gain more and more lands. Right now I believe he is running around with all event gears atm. He is still holding back because Infamy isn't absolute at this point, so the refines are only average. Once Infamy owns more than half the map you will begin to see his true gears, because he has accumulated enough money to upgrade them all at once. However, it will be too late at that point and no one will question him.

This made my day. b:laugh

I've added it to my signature on our forums. If we're ever recruiting scared-to-post-on-mains level 3 HL BMs, then maybe you'll see it.
  • Kalza - Sanctuary
    Kalza - Sanctuary Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    He is still holding back because Infamy isn't absolute at this point, so the refines are only average. Once Infamy owns more than half the map you will begin to see his true gears, because he has accumulated enough money to upgrade them all at once. However, it will be too late at that point and no one will question him.

Lol i can see next week Night shows up with a +12 lunar xD b:shutup
  • Bastilla - Raging Tide
    Bastilla - Raging Tide Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    lolumad?

/10chars
  • ////III - Harshlands8
    edited April 2010
    Rawrgh, ignorance is bliss for you I suppose. My statement wasn't difficult to understand, you just chose to ignore it. Leaders love blind followers such as urself.

NightRage, I dont why ur sarcastically recruiting me. I have made it clear that I am against your intentions. So, forgive me if I'm not overwhelmingly offended at my rejection to joining your guild.
  • Bastilla - Raging Tide
    Bastilla - Raging Tide Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    lolumadbro?
  • Motoko - Raging Tide
    Motoko - Raging Tide Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    This made my day. b:laugh

I've added it to my signature on our forums. If we're ever recruiting scared-to-post-on-mains level 3 HL BMs, then maybe you'll see it.

Night's e-peen +9001

I can't believe you found out about such super top secret Infamu plansb:shocked

As for every faction having people who scam tokens, I have whispered a member the only time I saw one doing it, and asked them to stop. Ofcourse they tried to rationalize it as not scamming so I had the director ask them a bit more forcefully, it worked.

Some factions atleast attempt to not be douchebags (except in WC b:victory)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Not with a bang but a whimper. - T. S. Eliot
    edited April 2010
    Once Infamy owns more than half the map you will begin to see his true gears, because he has accumulated enough money to upgrade them all at once. However, it will be too late at that point and no one will question him.

no one will be able to question him....

....best laugh Fuzzy has ever had at a forum post. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ////III - Harshlands8
    edited April 2010
    To Motoko - thank you for providing anecdotal evidence. That was very helpful. If you did not understand that to be sarcasm. Follow the following link

http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/anecdote?view=uk

Motoko's constant backup of NightRage is understandable because he is part of the inner circle surrounding him. But Rawrgh's blind loyalty remain a mystery to me.

Fuzzy_Wuzzy - you are one of the people that I thought would actually be intelligent enough to see the point i'm trying to make, i'm truthfully disappointed.

No one cares about the other post so I won't comment on it.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited April 2010
    Your first point (the on-topic part) is entirely based on "Infamy lost so they must be mad".

As for NightRage well, he told me he'd buy me +12 TT90 gold axes if I kept my mouth shut.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Linc - Raging Tide
    Linc - Raging Tide Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited April 2010

The shopname doesn't say best luck, only "token luck", so it's kinda the wannabe-smart method of scamming. That was the same as this barb from Levi did.

However, I think it's still considered as scam. Or what do u say when a GM asks u why u put a token of luck for 4.5m in a catshop?

Right on point with the what do you say to GM for the extreme overpricing that imitates the pricing on a legitimately more valuable item with similar names and graphics for the items.

I hope the GM's sort that out with the catshop vendor and the buyer. Also if any of these rumors are true, then it's a very poor reflection on a land holding faction that allows members to operate like this. I truly hope that Levi gets the victim some reparations if this actually happened.

Who is ////III anyway, it's not Couri's alt is it? Seems typical if it is him defending this entire affair with the deflection methods by suddenly making Infamy appear the villain.
    I did not feel the treachery or inconstancy of a friend, nor the injuries of a secret or open enemy. I had no occasion of bribing, flattering, or pimping, to procure the favour of any great man, or of his minion; I wanted no fence against fraud or oppression: here was neither physician to destroy my body, nor lawyer to ruin my fortune; no informer to watch my words and actions, or forge accusations against me for hire: here were no gibers, censurers, backbiters, pickpockets, highwaymen, housebreakers, attorneys, bawds, buffoons, gamesters, politicians, wits, splenetics, tedious talkers, controvertists, ravishers, murderers, robbers, virtuosos; no leaders, or followers, of party and faction; no encouragers to vice, by seducement or examples; no dungeon, axes, gibbets, whipping-posts, or pillories; no cheating shopkeepers or mechanics; no pride, vanity, or affectation; no fops, bullies, drunkards, strolling prostitutes, or poxes; no ranting, lewd, expensive wives; no stupid, proud pedants; no importunate, overbearing, quarrelsome, noisy, roaring, empty, conceited, swearing companions; no scoundrels raised from the dust upon the merit of their vices, or nobility thrown into it on account of their virtues; no lords, fiddlers, judges, or dancing-masters.
    From Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift