EVENT: Memoirs of an NPC

Comments

• Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    my story has been send in like a week ago.
    I did it about Nibu Ru, Demon Overlord.
    had to send a friend to hell to make my screenies b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I wrote a story about the Night Watchman, just sent it too.

At first it was 600 words long, but then I cut it so it had about 300 words and I sent it. Then my friends said "omg you have such a cool story but now you'll be disqualified for too many words :(" so I cut it even more so it had exactly 250 words but sounds kinda lame now too. But I'm not here to win, I just felt like writing a story and it came out pretty well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    The deadline for submissions has ended, and we can't wait to read all of them :)

Stay tuned for winners to be announced in the next 1-2 weeks!

Thanks!
  • Yorkin - Dreamweaver
    Yorkin - Dreamweaver Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    oh boy oh boy oh boy, can't wait.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A small tribute to elven mathematician from a human physicist. b:pleased

Yorkin - The Retired Wizard
  • Agerasas - Lost City
    Agerasas - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Same here, i sooo hope i win xD
  • Cococya - Dreamweaver
    Cococya - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Hey guys !
    I'm also very excited to find out the results,can't wait,hope ( as everyone else that entered) to win a cool mount !
    Will the winners be posted here,on this thread ?
  • darkerdestiny
    darkerdestiny Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Good luck to everyone!
  • Cococya - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Yeyyy, the 2 weeks are up , so we should expect the results in the Easter bunny's basket any time now, good luck to everyone, can't wait to see who the winners are ! b:laughb:victory
  • Yorkin - Dreamweaver
    Yorkin - Dreamweaver Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Oh boy oh boy oh boy XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A small tribute to elven mathematician from a human physicist. b:pleased

Yorkin - The Retired Wizard
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    x.x
    I wanna know too D:
    b:pleased
    can't wait :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • santoryu1990
    santoryu1990 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    come on i wanna know .... :(
  • Cococya - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Yeah,we do,please,oh please with a cherry on top,can we find out the results...now? b:laughb:chuckleb:surrender
  • Rob_Zomby - Dreamweaver
    Rob_Zomby - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    So.. do we get to know yet? b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cococya - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    O.K. guys,so I stalked Frankie's other posts and this is what I came up wit,from the fashion contest :
    Yep, please be patient-- keep in mind that we received over 2000 emails, many of which contained more than one entry, so it's taking some time to get through. This is also why the Memoirs of an NPC winners are taking a little more time than we hoped.

But thanks for your understanding, and the winners should be posted within the next few days!

Looks like it'll be a bit longer b:surrenderb:sad
  • SinCityChick - Dreamweaver
    SinCityChick - Dreamweaver Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Well, I think the first priority should be the stories...which takes longer to judge, really? Fashion, when there are all kinds of technical elements that need to be taken into account, or stories, which are cut and dried, good or bad.
    For those times when *facepalm* and *headdesk* just aren't enough, I present...*brickhead*...painful, effective, and guaranteed to make you forget why you hit yourself in the first place.

R.I.P.:
    SkyLight (faction)
    Andracil (teh BEST MOD EVER!)
  • Cococya - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Ummm,I am aware that GMs are busy, that there were a lot of entries,but I do think it's dissrespectful to us not to be presented with an update of the situation ... the 'in a few days' has spanned over a week now and we should at least be told how long it is going to take,still .
    Thank you,awaiting an answer impatiently !
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Well, I think the first priority should be the stories...which takes longer to judge, really? Fashion, when there are all kinds of technical elements that need to be taken into account, or stories, which are cut and dried, good or bad.

b:sad Your signature made me almost cry. Thats it. >.> Asking Elve for leadership on my alt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SkyCurse - Dreamweaver
    SkyCurse - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Hmm.... over 2000 emails..wow... good thing I didn't try-_-"" (make myself a laughing stock=)) anyways. can't wait to read the winning one. if there were so many entries then I'm sure there're quite a few worth reading:x can't wait!b:laugh
    Anyway. good job GMs!! this is quite a good idea(in my opinion way better than the fashion project-_-"" well..this is just my way of thinking as a writer to be=)) anyway... good luck in reading all those thingsbb:thanks
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited April 2010

I must say, that I don't think this is true at all. Since the fashion contest did start first, I think that they are justified in presenting the results (or at least the final rounds before the results) before this one. I also think that stories are never just cut and dry good or bad. There are lots of things that go into making a good story, and lots of things that make a bad story as well. So it does take a bit of time to read and think about these stories, even though they are short.

That being said, I still want to know who wins quite badly. But, I also think I can handle waiting a week or two for the GMs to get through all the thousands of entries they must have gotten.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • SinCentaur - Dreamweaver
    SinCentaur - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    well normally im a very patient guy....i totally understand the fashion thing should come first cus it was first...i wouldve just checkd forums day after day til results came...BUT...if they have such a massive workload and had so many entries to read ,,,,,they shouldnt post unrealistic time frames such as "in the next few days"b:laugh its like sayin your favorite band is comin to town in next few days then they say nevermind wont be for another couple months...b:surrender
  • Diangelo - Raging Tide
    Diangelo - Raging Tide Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Typical. We're coming up on what... week 4? I really don't think you guys got that many people to enter.

PS: Mail me my tidal serpent already. Damn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Typical. We're coming up on what... week 4? I really don't think you guys got that many people to enter.

PS: Mail me my tidal serpent already. Damn.

They probably got more than you think. You can't judge by how many people posted in this thread, after all. Lots of people just lurk on the forums that could have sent in. Many of the writers on the forums didn't post here. Plus, the contest was advertised in the launcher window for awhile, so there would be entries from people that don't use the forums at all. They probably got a thousand or so entries. Plus they're also dealing with the fashion contest right now, so they're tied up.

Plus, one of those Tidal Serpents is mine. b:angry

(b:chuckle)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Imagine following situation:

1. There are 2,000 participents of "EVENT: Memoirs of an NPC".
    2. Each of them send his/her own email with his/her story/stories about NPC(s).
    3. There are 5 possible winners of this "EVENT: Memoirs of an NPC".

So, chance to be Winner for one participent is equal to:

P(to be winner among 2,000 participents)=5/2000=0,0025
    or 0,25%.

Just to compare - probability to create ☆☆☆ ... item is 3% (see ☆☆☆Dust to Dust Falchion, for example).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010

or 0,25%.

Just to compare - probability to create ☆☆☆ ... item is 3% (see ☆☆☆Dust to Dust Falchion, for example).

May you rotttttttt under your bedb:shutup

(probably a lot of people sent multiple entries, making the % even lower)

I have faith thoub:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010

or 0,25%.

You know it's not so simple, right? Winning a contest with a creative focus like this one is not based on any kind of percentage. Sure the more people that enter, the more chances there are that some of them will be good enough to win, but there's also quite a few that will not be so great. Here, quality is more important than quantity. The numbers here just make it take longer to go through them all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • SinCityChick - Dreamweaver
    SinCityChick - Dreamweaver Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I really hope we find out soon...maybe tomorrow if not today! Then they could throw some e-mails out and hopefully get the serpents to their new owners during the maintenance! b:dirty
    For those times when *facepalm* and *headdesk* just aren't enough, I present...*brickhead*...painful, effective, and guaranteed to make you forget why you hit yourself in the first place.

R.I.P.:
    SkyLight (faction)
    Andracil (teh BEST MOD EVER!)
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Hey guys, winners will be announced this week :)
  • Kikki - Dreamweaver
    Kikki - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    cool^^ ... but i think only win millionaire and pay player ... ccc b:surrenderb:shutup
    np...im try b:laugh
  • Agerasas - Lost City
    Agerasas - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Great, I really hope they'll be here this week, as promised. Can't wait to see who won.
    Btw, while we are all here, write down some reasons why your story should win!

My reason:
    It rhyyymmmmmessss b:pleased
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Hey guys, winners will be announced this week :)

YAY!!!!b:laughb:cuteb:kiss Can't wait to see who wins.

BTW, I guess this as good a time as any, but awhile back I made a thread for this that didn't get much use as I'd have liked. It's purpose: to post your stories for all of us to see. Even if it won't have any bearing on who wins, I still think it would be fun to see what everyone's written, so here's the link:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=661472&
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
This discussion has been closed.