EVENT: Memoirs of an NPC

Comments

• jokerxdude
    jokerxdude Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Quick 2 questions:

1) Can we use other NPCs/Monsters/etc. in the story surrounding the main NPC's story?

2)Can we write more than one story on different NPCs?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Why So Stupid?

Want a darker race? A race fighting for their humanity?
    Go here
    > pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132 You know you want to.

Anime! Anime! Oh PW Anime!
    Coming Soon...
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    jokerxdude wrote: »
    Quick 2 questions:

1) Can we use other NPCs/Monsters/etc. in the story surrounding the main NPC's story?

2)Can we write more than one story on different NPCs?

For number 1, this is what Frankie had to say:
    Mobs and bosses don't count for this one, but perhaps we'll run a future event to figure them out :)

And good question b:victory

Kind of sad, since bad guys can be so much more interesting to wright about IMO, but if you can't, you can't.

As for number 2, I sure hope so, since that would be great.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • mulanrouge
    mulanrouge Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    only 250 words?

not much room for a story
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Valintine - Heavens Tear
    Valintine - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Um... Question regarding submissions!

If you've submitted a short story, and then realize you've made a really, really stupid grammatical error (didn't put an apostrophe where I should have) can we resubmit the story with the correction? Not add or change any words, just fix the (what should have been a) glaringly obvious grammatical error that was earlier missed?

If we can, please expect my correction ASAP... or within seconds of me finding out we can. If not... um... I'm sorry!! b:surrender

EDIT: Heh...heheh.... Okay, yeah, I'm feeling silly. The error I thought was there, was just me misreading my local copy of Strunk and White, and multitasking on teh internet. [facepalm]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Um... Question regarding submissions!

If you've submitted a short story, and then realize you've made a really, really stupid grammatical error (didn't put an apostrophe where I should have) can we resubmit the story with the correction? Not add or change any words, just fix the (what should have been a) glaringly obvious grammatical error that was earlier missed?

If we can, please expect my correction ASAP... or within seconds of me finding out we can. If not... um... I'm sorry!! b:surrender

I'm sure they won't disqualify you or something for a grammatical error, no worries. I completely missed December 16th on my calendar for the December calendar contest (still no idea how) and they PMed me and let me change it when I got into the final round.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Coris - Heavens Tear
    Coris - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Woah, started writing today in school and atm I don't know how many words i got but 4 pages of kinda tiny handwriting..
    Think I have to leave a lot out of the story xD

I feel kinda bad, because I am not native English and I used to write my little stories in German... Hopefully they won't kick me out because of some damn repititons or other stuff b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Everyone should have a Laures.
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    omg.. I'm almost on half... and only wrote the entry of my story b:embarrass

EDIT: done XD had to delete half of it .__.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, I am sorry about the word limit, but we need to be mindful about how long it would take to read all entries in a timely manner otherwise. We'll have other creative writing contests in the future too, so we'll be able to tinker with the rules to see what works best.

For inspiration, though, check out this site: http://250words.org/page/4/

It's full of stories 250 words or less, and you'll see that writing a good story with this word limit most certainly can be done.

Also, I think writing with this kind of limit might actually make you a more efficient writer.
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, I am sorry about the word limit, but we need to be mindful about how long it would take to read all entries in a timely manner otherwise. We'll have other creative writing contests in the future too, so we'll be able to tinker with the rules to see what works best.

For inspiration, though, check out this site: http://250words.org/page/4/

It's full of stories 250 words or less, and you'll see that writing a good story with this word limit most certainly can be done.

Also, I think writing with this kind of limit might actually make you a more efficient writer.

The link doesn't work for me... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Try again, should be good now (was my bad).
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Did I miss the answer on more than one entry?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
  • Danikovich - Heavens Tear
    Danikovich - Heavens Tear Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Did I miss the answer on more than one entry?

Did I too? answer please
    Like they say in my country:
    When you are too smart, smartness eats you up.
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    I don't think that's been answered yet. I hope we can give more than one. I've already sent in two. I'll probably send in more as well once I get an idea for who to use.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Actually, Frankie replied to a PM I sent him a while ago. He said that submitting more than one entry IS allowed. So get those creative juices flowin', folks!

b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Thank you Konari, I was planning on sending a PM if there wasn't a reply when I got home. Now I can safely start my entries b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Thank you Konari, I was planning on sending a PM if there wasn't a reply when I got home. Now I can safely start my entries b:cute

Heh...good luck. You'll never come close to the awesomeness of my story of...Duke Blacke: The Hugh Hefner of the Perfect World...!

b:mischievous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Don't share your secrets! b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Don't share your secrets! b:shocked

. . .

b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Agerasas - Lost City
    Agerasas - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Muhahahahha for my epic idea i got o.o

Second Tidal Serpent here i come... hopefully....
  • Biafra - Heavens Tear
    Biafra - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    mulanrouge wrote: »
    only 250 words?

not much room for a story

but in all fairness if they put it into the game itself then too long will be too long, click read click read click read click read can get a little old when you cant move around
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"For on its wing was dark alloy
    And as it fluttered--fell
    An essence--powerful to destroy
    A soul that knew it well."

Edgar Allen Poe "The Happiest Day"
  • kyrebelyell2004
    kyrebelyell2004 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Good luck everyone. I hope everyone does great and adds a wonderful addition to an npc's life within the game. =] cheers.
  • _Snow_ - Raging Tide
    _Snow_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    The deadline has passed, when will winners be posted?
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    The deadline has passed, when will winners be posted?

Today March 17th, 2010 and
    Please send all contest entries to pwi-community@perfectworldinc.com by March 19th, 2010 at 6:00PM Pacific.

Deadline had not passed yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • UntamePrince - Heavens Tear
    UntamePrince - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I think we should make a forum for everyone who didn't get chosen after the selections, so that we can all share our pieces that we wrote.
    Even The Greatest Of Warriors Know When To Shut Their Mouth! b:quiet

[SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=14380755001&dateline=1268791594[/SIGPIC]
  • SinCityChick - Dreamweaver
    SinCityChick - Dreamweaver Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Good idea...but it's gonna have to wait until after they announce the winners (whenever that might be...) b:surrender
    For those times when *facepalm* and *headdesk* just aren't enough, I present...*brickhead*...painful, effective, and guaranteed to make you forget why you hit yourself in the first place.

R.I.P.:
    SkyLight (faction)
    Andracil (teh BEST MOD EVER!)
  • Zyphron - Harshlands
    Zyphron - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I am so sad my story have 338 words.It's a very cool story.Pls GM can i send this?b:sad
  • AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear
    AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I am so sad my story have 338 words.It's a very cool story.Pls GM can i send this?b:sad

in my defense i say send it :D if its that good who knows, i hope a gm doesnt post 5 seconds later saying "no" b:shutup
    Avatars: Name-Class-Lvl-Server-Guild-Activeness

AngelOfLies-Cleric-90 Sage-no guild-Not currently Active
    _CatGirl_-Veno-80-No Guild-Not Currently Acitve
    BlindingEdge-Seeker-6x-No Guild-Main
    DrawtheWaves-Sin-5x-No Guild-Active Alt
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010

Rules do say 250 word max, so even if you send it, it probably won't be judged. Try cutting back on some things that don't really add much to the story before sending it in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • Krades - Heavens Tear
    Krades - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    The word limitation is part of the contest and it makes the contest more difficult. Your entry will most likely be disqualified because it would be unfair for others.
  • Coris - Heavens Tear
    Coris - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Well I started writing last week on paper and this week I caught a cold and was just too lazy to get it written on MS Word or something.
    So I won't participate ^^"
    Can't wait to read what all of u have written!

btw: I chose Zoologist Yin in Archosaur
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Everyone should have a Laures.
This discussion has been closed.