[Guide] Barbarian builds & tips

Comments

• thesyriandevil
    thesyriandevil Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i have a problem.
    is there a way to reset my skills????
    i have upgraded lots of skills that are not good use to me....
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i have a problem.
    is there a way to reset my skills????
    i have upgraded lots of skills that are not good use to me....
    Unfortunately no, there is no way to reset skills I'm afraidb:surrender But the best way to cope with that is to raise the skills that are most useful to you, based on this guide or your own prefernce.
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
  • Jakob - Harshlands
    Jakob - Harshlands Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Great job on this guide. Really helpful.
    Especially the chart of all the minimum reqs for stats. Don't know what I would have done without that.

Thanks. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eragon - Harshlands
    Eragon - Harshlands Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Great job on this guide. Really helpful.
    Especially the chart of all the minimum reqs for stats. Don't know what I would have done without that.

Thanks. b:bye

You would be a fail barb ^.^

Ye this guide is golden ^^
    Dont like the text colour on the new layout though.
    Wonhalt
  • Armageddon - Harshlands
    Armageddon - Harshlands Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    if you accidently lvld a skill u dont like who cares once ur 70+ ull do gv after 85 ull hv all ur skills learnd thanks to Gv since it gives you coin and enough sp to max all ur skills and after tht ull be running fc which gives you even more sp and exp. So relax and enjoy ur barb cuz at the end barbs are an op class
    GO GO ARMA RANGER THUN THUN THUN THUN GO GO ARMA RANGER MIGHTY MORPHIN ARMA RANGER!!!
  • Tily - Dreamweaver
    Tily - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Thx 4 the advices...beeing bored of hercs.. and wanna try out a barb for long time. u helped alot whit the postb:victory
  • HydroSIN - Heavens Tear
    HydroSIN - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Great Guide!!!b:victory
    b:angry HydroSin level 59 Assasin b:angry
    b:shocked Trogdagon level 32 Barbarian b:shocked
  • Hairymanny - Sanctuary
    Hairymanny - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    thanks for the info nice work
  • demonkanigirl
    demonkanigirl Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    hey what happen to lvl 25 now i got 5 points i have no idea were to put XD whats going on
    III. Main Stat Builds of the Barbarian

NOTE: All builds focus first on fulfilling weapon/armor requirements, then differentiate, based on how you spend the remaining status points.
    • Choose the build best suited for your play style; and there
  • MentalProdgy - Sanctuary
    MentalProdgy - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I have a Question I am a lvl 50 Barb and I need to know if i screwed up my stats(this is without armor or anything boosting them on): Vit 61, Str 139, Maq 35, Dez 30 What should my stats be if i want to tank.
  • vonsabrewulf#0988
    vonsabrewulf#0988 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    um so somebody told me that the TT90 Rings are not worth it to get at endgame is that true?
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I have a Question I am a lvl 50 Barb and I need to know if i screwed up my stats(this is without armor or anything boosting them on): Vit 61, Str 139, Maq 35, Dez 30 What should my stats be if i want to tank.

Well 1st of all, your mag is too high and u should take off at least 30 points off of it, so that it could be placed where it is more tank preferable like str or vit.(trust me, u'll see a great difference when you do that as I had 22 mag and couldnt tank certain things as easily)b:surrender
    um so somebody told me that the TT90 Rings are not worth it to get at endgame is that true?
    I wouldnt know completely if that's true or not, from what I know it has nice stats and the Accuracy % increase is great for us Barbs but it maybe more worth it to acquire the lvl 95 lunar ring instead if you seek slightly better stats, yet dont take my word for it as I'm not even interested in TT ornaments, so I hope a more knowledgeable barb can help u out b:thanks
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
  • T_IGE_R - Lost City
    T_IGE_R - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Best Barbarian guide out there! b:victory
  • Bonaventure - Archosaur
    Bonaventure - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Glad I took a look at this topic! I just started a barbarian a couple days ago and this being the first tank I've played in a MMO. Thanks for the tips on keeping agro :)
  • yew101
    yew101 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    hi its a great guide and ive raised mine maily str and would like to know what to raise in the next 5 lvls or so to make it a tanker.
    It is lvl 33 and stats are: VIT=42, Str=101, Mag=12, Dex=32
    it is pretty good now but tanks are useful pls help
  • robintb
    robintb Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Hi, I thought I might as well make a post. When I play it's always with a friend of mine who is a venomancer. So basically, I'm constantly in a squad with a veno.
    So now I'm not sure which build I'm supposed to take. Because although I tank in dungeons, when we fight normally we take monsters on seperately so I need to be able to deal some damage. So I'm not sure if the vit build is sufficient, although she deals most of the damage in the dungeons and I take the hits and that works out quite nicely (could use some more vit for this, actually).
    I'm only lvl 27, so enough room for changes in my build. I'm not sure how many str I have, but I have about 40 vit, 23 dex, and everything else in str.
    So does anyone have any builds they recommend for me?
  • Panahasi - Raging Tide
    Panahasi - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    robintb wrote: »
    Hi, I thought I might as well make a post. When I play it's always with a friend of mine who is a venomancer. So basically, I'm constantly in a squad with a veno.
    So now I'm not sure which build I'm supposed to take. Because although I tank in dungeons, when we fight normally we take monsters on seperately so I need to be able to deal some damage. So I'm not sure if the vit build is sufficient, although she deals most of the damage in the dungeons and I take the hits and that works out quite nicely (could use some more vit for this, actually).
    I'm only lvl 27, so enough room for changes in my build. I'm not sure how many str I have, but I have about 40 vit, 23 dex, and everything else in str.
    So does anyone have any builds they recommend for me?

Well if your constanly in a squad with a veno thats great but ull need the tanker build later on anyway if u plan on being the tank in the squad later on. Plus. the tank build is great because ull be able to help out fac members and friends with bosses as the tank :)
  • Lnfliction - Sanctuary
    Lnfliction - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i've been searching all night for a veno heavy armor build. so I'm wondering would this be good for a fox mode oriented veno?
    "shake a hand instead of shaking a fist"
    L3D3NDS is the best faction!
    Lvl. 33 assassin-WhiteRaine
    Lvl. 23 Cleric-MizuhosFury
    Lvl. 18 cleric- Iriving
    Lvl. 08 cleric- MizuhoHealer
    Lvl. 42 Venomancer- lnfliction
    Lvl. 01 Venomancer- InfIiction
    Lvl. 01 Barbian-DiscipIine

"L3D3NDS fastest leveler XD"
  • IEatHumans - Dreamweaver
    IEatHumans - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Hello i'm new to barbarian i love the guide you have made and i understand it but i just want to ask a couple of questions since i'm (new to this game) and yeah i'm level 9 but that doesn't really matter xD.
    === Going For Balanced Tanker ===

I want to go for this build: Tiger (more defensive) + Demon (more offensive) = balanced

I wrote down a shorter version of your guide so it helps me understand what i want, i just want to know is this mini guide of mine correct to the "build i want":

== Tanker ==

Every 2 levels = + 1 to dex need 50/60 dex - Depending on Gear
    Vit = all the way (aka spare attributes)
    Str + dex = depending on what gear / weapons i want to use
    The best to slot accuracy gems on your weapons and HP gems for your armors. +Vit and +Dex bonuses are nice too.

== Skills ==

Armageddon - Level 10
    Blood Bath - Level 10
    Tiger mode = << i'm not sure if there's a level for this so please tell me if there is.
    True Form - Level 10
    Flesh Ream - level 10
    Roar (aka Talk is cheap) - Level 10
    Alacrity of the Beast - Level 7
    ShapeShifting Intensify - Level 10
    Frighten - Level 10
    Sunder - Level 10
    Axe + Hammer Mastery = Level 10
    === My Questions ===

1, Can i use Dual Axes / Dual Hammers With This Build? I ONLY WANT TO USE AXE/HAMMER

2, If i can't use Axes/Hammers, What other weapon would be good for my build?

3, Would it be okay to have all of my skills level 1 just to see them in action? or would it be a waste or should i just follow the guide?

4, If any of the skills that i have mentioned are wrongly attributed please tell me.

5, Also If i forgot any skills/stats or anything, that should be in that list please do tell me.

6, Please Don't Use In Game Jargon / Acronyms since i'm new to this game.

Thank You For Your Time,

~ Regards IEatHumans
    == Microsoft Certified Proffesional ==
    == Gfx Designer==
  • ineverl0se
    ineverl0se Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    umm ur missing lvl 25 it goes 22, 23, 24, 26.
  • IDecision - Raging Tide
    IDecision - Raging Tide Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    this is a very good guide i will be using this! b:victory
  • IDecision - Raging Tide
    IDecision - Raging Tide Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    double post sorry x[
  • deadangel
    deadangel Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    it really throws me off some times

your missing 6 14 25 28 32 35 38 42 45 48 55 58 65 68 72 75 78

plz fix
  • Hear_Me_Rawr - Dreamweaver
    Hear_Me_Rawr - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Very well written guide, shall use be using this while I lvl my barbarian ^^

And for those who have pointed out that he's missing a few levels in his guide, is it really that hard to look at the levels either side of the missing one and work it out? Or do you need someone to hold your hand the whole way through? Even if you just guess the stats you'll still end up with the same stats after the missing level b:avoid
  • nachitoou
    nachitoou Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    someone tells me some barbarian build for tanke and pvp / pk?
    or just pvp / pk ??????
  • hellboyzzz
    hellboyzzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    lvl 50 barb with 166str 34 dex 87 vit and 8 magic otta love those molds ^^
  • Kick_Ur_Ace - Lost City
    Kick_Ur_Ace - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I have a level 29 barb and need a good weapon (mine is pathetic lvl 5 with a damage of 166-249) what would u reccomend for a weapon
  • TankerX - Dreamweaver
    TankerX - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    You need 62 strength at level 20 to use dual hammers in supply stash. Other than that awesome guide very well put together and very useful thank you.
  • Ryan_ - Lost City
    Ryan_ - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    thx i have a kick **** barb!! woot woot
  • Althin - Lost City
    Althin - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Very helpfull guide b:thanks